Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,530 members, 7,801,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:45 PM

Fake Building Parts Responsibile For Building Collapse - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Fake Building Parts Responsibile For Building Collapse (6526 Views)

Woman And Her Baby Die In Lekki Building Collapse / Photos From The Building Collapse In Lekki, Lagos This Morning / Photos From The Building Collapse In Isheri-Magodo, Lagos In The Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Fake Building Parts Responsibile For Building Collapse by uhuns: 1:40am On Nov 22, 2013
jassie: Fake building materials? What are these materials?

To the best of my knowledge, only 4 materials are structurally essential to any building and those are:
1. Cement- Produced in Nigeria; Dangote, Elephant etc.
2. Granite: Natural resource. Always available in Nigeria.
3. Sand: Another natural resource, always available in fine quality.
4. Iron (Steel) rods: Produced in Nigeria as well. . .

So make them park well before talking about fake products. They can tell that to those who haven't built houses.

The simple truth is that the so called 'developers' are the ones responsible for poorly built houses. They economize what and when they shouldn't.

my brother i work in a lab.
here is my take.
1.cement.all cement that i have tested no one gets above 70%.
2. sand . not all sand meet the requirement in their raw state . and the worst is sand with salt.
3.granite vary in strength. i have tested from yoruba to cross river along that belt and the best is the western type. though for sensitive projects.
4.no steel ever tested passed.even with batch test cert.
5.no matter howmuch you mix with hand you cant get upto 80%,of a mixer.
am not hlding brief for anybody,just the facts .
example,
the blocks, per enginering standerds says 2.65n/mm as min for say a house.from pratical sampling, best obtained on cash and carry basses is 1.65
this was done in a big town, among the first big five towns in nija.
all am trying to say is that all parties carry equal blame, with the highest been that of the engineers since they makes these specifications.
Re: Fake Building Parts Responsibile For Building Collapse by brabus(m): 5:43am On Nov 22, 2013
Decking of a 65 years old building built with planks, no cement, no iron, no granite. .. still standing strong

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A PLOT OF LAND FOR SALE WITH C of O N6M / How Much Would It Cost To Drill A 100m Borehole In Ajah? / Cheap Lands For Sale In Iseyin Oyo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.