Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,868 members, 7,802,799 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

Teacher Beats 4-yr-old Pupil To Death For Being Stubborn - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Teacher Beats 4-yr-old Pupil To Death For Being Stubborn (24372 Views)

Teacher Beheads 10-year-old Pupil In Ogun (Photo) / Nursing Students Rape 6-yr-old Pupil In Edo / Proprietor, 70, Defiles Eight-year-old Pupil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teacher Beats 4-yr-old Pupil To Death For Being Stubborn by Kingspin(m): 5:34am On Nov 21, 2013
DETECTIVES in OndoState have detained a primary school teacher, Alade Adebayo, for allegedly flogging to death a four-year-old female pupil Elizabeth Wanogha.

The deceased pupil was a student of a private primary school, Falaye Memorial Nursery and Primary School, located at Fanibi area in Akure metropolis.

The teacher, according to report, accused the deceased of being stubborn in the class. He was said to have beaten the girl to a state of coma.

Cries from other pupils in the class reportedly attracted other teachers who rushed to the scene where they found that the girl had fainted.

She was said to have been rushed to a private hospital and was admitted but reportedly died later.

Police authorities, however, said that the pupil died two weeks after the beating by the suspect.

The father of the deceased, Mr Wanogha lodged a complaint at the Fanibi Police station, alleging that his daughter died as a result of the injuries sustained from the severe beating by her teacher.

Following the complaint, the teacher was arrested for interrogation.

Contacted, the Police image maker, Wole Ogodo, confirmed that the teacher had been arrested.

Ogodo however said that people should not jump into conclusion that it was the beating which took place about two weeks earlier that led to the death of the pupil.

He pointed out that the autopsy will determine the cause of the pupil’s death.

Ogodo said that the suspect is being quizzed at the state Criminal Investigative Department, SCID.

He explained further that the deceased was hospitalised immediately after the beating but died two weeks after.

Ogodo said that investigation into the death of the pupil continues adding that the findings would be made public.

The father of the deceased pupil insisted that the teacher should be prosecuted for murder.

Mr wanogho who lived at Adebowale street Fanibi vowed that the matter would be pursued to a logical conclusion to serve as deterrent to wicked teachers who vent their anger on innocent pupils put in their care.

He appealed to NGOs to take the matter up by ensuring that it was not swept under the carpet.

The proprietor of the school declined comment on the incident.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/teacher-beats-4-yr-old-pupil-death-stubborn/
Re: Teacher Beats 4-yr-old Pupil To Death For Being Stubborn by Tolexander: 5:44am On Nov 21, 2013
Some teachers are just so wicked with beating. Some pupils are so fragile and can do something suicidal when beaten, reason why i don't support this kind of punishment!

I remember those primary school days when i used to have a beating teacher always centering his beating on me. A friend told me i would faint if i put a bean each in my armpits when beaten. I tried it to school and to my disappointed, i didn't faint.

17 Likes

Re: Teacher Beats 4-yr-old Pupil To Death For Being Stubborn by raytony: 6:02am On Nov 21, 2013
I just pity the teacher, the beating might be a factor but not also ruling out the possibility that other factors might be associated. May we not fall victims of traps set by enemies from the village.

18 Likes

Re: Teacher Beats 4-yr-old Pupil To Death For Being Stubborn by Jakumo(m): 6:23am On Nov 21, 2013
It is high time that the entire nation of Nigeria follows the bold and humane example set by the administration of Lagos State Governor Fashola, which has banned ENTIRELY all forms of beating and corporal punishment in schools and in the workplace.

This innocent little girl would never have been subjected to the sort of savagery that killed her in the classroom IF that teacher had been arrested and jailed for assault and battery the very first time that he lifted a weapon against ANY child. Jailing this particular murderer for his intentional homicide now does NOT do anything to prevent other similarly inclined sadists from acting out their demented inpulses against children in classrooms, therefore it is imperative that the Lagos model for NON-violence in schools be adopted in ALL states of the Nigerian federation, as a final and lasting protective measure to safeguard students nationwide.

7 Likes

Re: Teacher Beats 4-yr-old Pupil To Death For Being Stubborn by Burger01(m): 6:38am On Nov 21, 2013
^^^
Fact.
Re: Teacher Beats 4-yr-old Pupil To Death For Being Stubborn by gbadexy(m): 7:14am On Nov 21, 2013
I'm sure the girl na ogbanje.
But on a serious note, how stubborn could a 4 year old be to warrant beating in the first instance!

3 Likes

Re: Teacher Beats 4-yr-old Pupil To Death For Being Stubborn by sylvar02(m): 7:18am On Nov 21, 2013
Make em beat the teacher back nah!

1 Like

Re: Teacher Beats 4-yr-old Pupil To Death For Being Stubborn by Jakumo(m): 9:55am On Nov 21, 2013
Fashola for President of Nigeria !

Future President Fashola is the most accomplished, insightful, productive, fair and compassionate political leader Nigeria will witness during this current chapter of her history. There is currently in exsistence NO other person better qualified than Raji Fashola, for ultimate electoral ascension to the post of Nigeria's President and Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces.

For protecting the fundamental rights of society's most vulnerable citizens - namely women, the young, and the elderly, Governor Raji Fashola SAN has crafted a legacy of bold innovation that will serve as inspirational reference to all future elected leaders throughout Nigeria, who wish their tenures to be recalled with fondness.

The four-year old child recently beaten to death in an Ondo State classroom only fell victim to that murderous teacher because of the state-endorsed RIGHT accorded that unstable and violent person, to carry a stick or other weapon into classrooms filled with children, and also to use such deadly instruments in physical attacks against those children, under the ridiculous guise of "instilling discipline".

The arrested child-killing teacher in Ondo state would never in the first place have been allowed to arm himself to attack school children in the classroom, if he had been employed in a Lagos State school where such barbarity is ILLEGAL, because, simply being spotted with that cane would rightly cost the "cattle-herding" teacher his job, and possibly even some serious money in legal fees, to fend off assault and battery charges that could be filed by the state education authorities, if applicable.

There is universal agreement that the fundamental purpose of educating children is to prepare them for roles as productive citizens in a civilized, progressive, orderly and non-violent society. If there is indeed NO legally endorsed circumstance in a free democracy under which the one adult civilian is entitled to attack another with a stick, whip or bare-handed slap, then, as Future President Fashola rightly concluded, there must be NO circumstance under which students in educational institutions should be subject to physical attacks by teachers in whatever guise, right from the kindergarten level, to the post-graduate level, inclusive of all years in between.

[size=14pt]Ban the beating of children today, Nigeria.[/size] Governors from Nigeria's remaining states will bear witness to the rapid and dramatic improvements that will now be recorded in the quality of education offered by Lagos State's public and private schools, now that the dark age of medieval beatings and corporal punishment has been consigned to the dustbin of history by the nation's soon-to-be President, Raji Fashola SAN.

[size=14pt] FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT ! Ain't No Stoppin' Fashola ! He's on the move ! [/size]

17 Likes

Re: Teacher Beats 4-yr-old Pupil To Death For Being Stubborn by Nobody: 9:55am On Nov 21, 2013
well dayummm. i guess she was really stiff necked and rebellious lol

2 Likes

Re: Teacher Beats 4-yr-old Pupil To Death For Being Stubborn by ifyalways(f): 9:56am On Nov 21, 2013
Pathetic.

Seriously, this unemployment situation in Nigeria will affect all of us,directly or otherwise. Graduates are NOW switching to teaching when they don't get a job and they end up taking out their frustrations on the innocent chikdren.

Where is this country heading? Odikwa very risky!

4 Likes

Re: Teacher Beats 4-yr-old Pupil To Death For Being Stubborn by LMAyedun(m): 9:58am On Nov 21, 2013
What a wicked world we live in.
R I P Baby Girl

1 Like

Re: Teacher Beats 4-yr-old Pupil To Death For Being Stubborn by Leadn(m): 9:59am On Nov 21, 2013
Most vanguard stories are gruesome stories!
They've learnt from sun I guess sad

In other news,,,

If you're missing thousands of pounds, UK
police is seeking yu o, they found yur money
http://xtremegists.com/police-seek-owner-of-fortune-found-in-river/
Re: Teacher Beats 4-yr-old Pupil To Death For Being Stubborn by Lilimax(f): 9:59am On Nov 21, 2013
Quite pathetic sad?

From the report, the teacher, accused the pupil of being stubborn in the class hence
beaten the girl to a state of coma and eventual death angry.
Not everybody is called to be a teacher?
If you lack the spirit of patience, you should not be one.

1 Like

Re: Teacher Beats 4-yr-old Pupil To Death For Being Stubborn by Joshthefirst(m): 10:00am On Nov 21, 2013
What brutality is this?
Re: Teacher Beats 4-yr-old Pupil To Death For Being Stubborn by Nobody: 10:00am On Nov 21, 2013
wen i was serving i tried as much as possible to not beat a child cos most of dem mite be possessed nd na ur hand devil go send am come. kids dis days are soo sturborn it takes a strong mind to control them some will even insult u to ur face............... rip little one

2 Likes

Re: Teacher Beats 4-yr-old Pupil To Death For Being Stubborn by Nobody: 10:01am On Nov 21, 2013
Jakumo: Fashola for President of Nigeria !

Future President Fashola is the most accomplished, insightful, productive, fair and compassionate political leader Nigeria will witness during this current chapter of her history. There is currently in exsistence NO other person better qualified than Raji Fashola, for ultimate electoral ascension to the post of Nigeria's President and Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces.

For protecting the fundamental rights of society's most vulnerable citizens - namely women, the young, and the elderly, Governor Raji Fashola SAN has crafted a legacy of bold innovation that will serve as inspirational reference to all future elected leaders throughout Nigeria, who wish their tenures to be recalled with fondness.

The four-year old child recently beaten to death in an Ondo State classroom only fell victim to that murderous teacher because of the state-endorsed RIGHT accorded that unstable and violent person, to carry stick or other weapon into classrooms filled with children, and also to use such deadly instruments in physical attacks against those children, under the ridiculous guise of "instilling discipline".

The arrested child-killing teacher in Ondo state would never in the first place have been allowed to arm himself to attack school children in the classroom, if he had been employed in a Lagos State school where such barbarity is ILLEGAL, because, simply being spotted with that cane would rightly cost the "cattle-herding" teacher his job, and possiblly even some serious money in legal fees, to fend off assault and battery charges that could be filed by the state euducation authorities, if applicable.

There is universal agreement that the fundamental purpose of educating children is to prepare them for roles as productive citizens in a civilized, progressive, orderly and non-violent society. If there is indeed NO legally endorsed circumstance in a free democracy under which the one adult civilian is entitled to attack another with a stick, whip or bare-handed slap, then, as Future President Fashola rightly concluded, there must be NO circumstance under which [i]students[/u] in educational institutions should be subject to physical attacks by teachers in whatever guise, right from the kindergarten level, to the post-graduate level, inclusive of all years in between.

[size=14pt]Ban the beating of children today, Nigeria.[/size] Governors from Nigeria's remaining states will bear witness to the rapid and dramatic improvements that will now be recorded in the quality of education offered by Lagos State's public and private schools, now that the dark age of medieval beatings and corporal punishment has been consigned to the dustbin of history by the nation's soon-to-be President, Raji Fashola SAN.

[size=14pt}FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT ! Ain't No Stoppin' Fashola ! He's on the move ! [/size]
if I talk now dem go say I talk...

1 Like

Re: Teacher Beats 4-yr-old Pupil To Death For Being Stubborn by Sissie(f): 10:01am On Nov 21, 2013
The Head mistress/teachers didn't hear the pupil's cry until she fainted and other pupil's started crying? The teacher should be convicted of murder, and the head mistress jailed for negligence.

I remember when I was in JSS1 my teacher flogged me about 40strokes with koboko, I thought I was going to fall sick, and it was a boarding school no one to report too.

This is really sad.

1 Like

Re: Teacher Beats 4-yr-old Pupil To Death For Being Stubborn by fr3do(m): 10:01am On Nov 21, 2013
21 years manslaughter sentence
thats what that sadistic teacher deserves.

1 Like

Re: Teacher Beats 4-yr-old Pupil To Death For Being Stubborn by damibravo(m): 10:02am On Nov 21, 2013
1. Did the teacher enjoyed beating the kid?

2. Was the teacher Depressed?

3. Does he beat other pupil like that?

4. Does he get angry so easily?

5. Does the Teacher have a Step-Mother?

6. Is the kid an 'abiku'

7. am i jobless?

10 Likes

Re: Teacher Beats 4-yr-old Pupil To Death For Being Stubborn by Sissie(f): 10:03am On Nov 21, 2013
ifyalways: Pathetic.

Seriously, this unemployment situation in Nigeria will affect all of us,directly or otherwise. Graduates are NOW switching to teaching when they don't get a job and they end up taking out their frustrations on the innocent chikdren.

Where is this country heading? Odikwa very risky!

So true, always transferring their aggression on children.
Re: Teacher Beats 4-yr-old Pupil To Death For Being Stubborn by Okijajuju1(m): 10:03am On Nov 21, 2013
And the Ewu of Ekiti was advocating flogging... grin

2 Likes

Re: Teacher Beats 4-yr-old Pupil To Death For Being Stubborn by alphaconde(m): 10:03am On Nov 21, 2013
The teacher should be flogged to death.

1 Like

Re: Teacher Beats 4-yr-old Pupil To Death For Being Stubborn by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 21, 2013
I do not want to believe that there is enough savagery in one person to warrant beating a little angel comatose, let us not rule out other factors that could could have exacerbated the situation.

anyways its thoroughly pathetic,

My heart goes out to all the families involved and wish that mutual concessions will be made.
Re: Teacher Beats 4-yr-old Pupil To Death For Being Stubborn by Akshow: 10:04am On Nov 21, 2013
damibravo: 1. Did the teacher enjoyed beating the kid?

2. Was the teacher Depressed?

3. Does he beat other pupil like that?

4. Does he get angry so easily?

5. Does the Teacher have a Step-Mother?

6. Is the kid an 'abiku'

7. am i jobless?
wetin bring all this Jamb, waec and neco questions for this marra?
Re: Teacher Beats 4-yr-old Pupil To Death For Being Stubborn by Nobody: 10:05am On Nov 21, 2013
gbadexy: I'm sure the girl na ogbanje.
Of course, this is the kind of senseless reasoning that led to the beating in the first place.

3 Likes

Re: Teacher Beats 4-yr-old Pupil To Death For Being Stubborn by adexsimply(m): 10:06am On Nov 21, 2013
obadiah777: well dayummm. i guess she was really stiff necked and rebellious lol
[img]http://3.bp..com/-zFnUswxg7oI/TxRTtw2O4XI/AAAAAAAAFEc/XWTtMtCc0ho/s1600/Sheldon.gif[/img]

2 Likes

Re: Teacher Beats 4-yr-old Pupil To Death For Being Stubborn by Ruq: 10:06am On Nov 21, 2013
Spare the rod and the child will live.
Re: Teacher Beats 4-yr-old Pupil To Death For Being Stubborn by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 21, 2013
Re: Teacher Beats 4-yr-old Pupil To Death For Being Stubborn by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 21, 2013
Even though I blame the teacher for the seeminlgly extreme flogging, the whole incident still rests on a lot of factors.

1.The child herself might not have been in a good state of health before the flogging & that might have been unknown to the teacher.
2. Stressful working conditions and, subsequently, poor stress management skills might have added to this as most primary schools are in bad conditions.

In essence, I think someone who isn't extra patient shouldn't even go into teaching in the 1st place. Teaching could be very stressful in local schools and if the teacher doesn't manage his/her stress level, he/she might unconsiously take it out on the kids.

IMO, I really don't think there's any normal teacher who wishes to kill a pupil. Things just happen. Either ways, justice must be done.

3 Likes

Re: Teacher Beats 4-yr-old Pupil To Death For Being Stubborn by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 21, 2013
obadiah777: grin grin
Sheldon will be like " I accept your your premise,not your conclusion" Big bangs!!
Re: Teacher Beats 4-yr-old Pupil To Death For Being Stubborn by Nobody: 10:10am On Nov 21, 2013
adexsimply:
[img]http://3.bp..com/-zFnUswxg7oI/TxRTtw2O4XI/AAAAAAAAFEc/XWTtMtCc0ho/s1600/Sheldon.gif[/img]

Sheldon will be like " I accept your your premise,not your conclusion" Big bangs!!
Re: Teacher Beats 4-yr-old Pupil To Death For Being Stubborn by fpeter(f): 10:11am On Nov 21, 2013
raytony: I just pity the teacher, the beating might be a factor but not also ruling out the possibility that other factors might be associated. May we not fall victims of traps set by enemies from the village.

Amen o!!!!! ni oruko Jesu!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Joy Odama's Mother: "Police Treat Alhaji Who Killed My Daughter Like VIP" / Man Gruesomely Murdered In His Home In Kano State. Graphic Photos / Names Of The Masterminds Of The Gruesome Murder Of ALUU4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.