Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,161 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:54 AM

Toyota Corolla Water Vapour Headlamp - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Corolla Water Vapour Headlamp (2243 Views)

Check Out The Cute Eyelashes On This Ride's Headlamp.. / Fluorescent Headlamp Bulb / Why Is My Car Headlamp Fuse Keeps Burning & Melting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Corolla Water Vapour Headlamp by chikasin4(m): 7:40am On Nov 21, 2013
Hi friends my Toyota Corolla 2003 left side (passenger side) headlamb is developing a water vapour inside, and it clears sometimes in the afternoon unda a hot sunlight or when a highbeam light is switched on for long time.
I attached the pictures of it.
Please advice me on how to clear it out

Re: Toyota Corolla Water Vapour Headlamp by Lexusgs430: 8:14am On Nov 21, 2013
The seal around the headlight is perished, allowing water sip in. The water evaporates under sunlight + when you turn on you headlight, due to the fact that the heat source evaporates the liquid.
Re: Toyota Corolla Water Vapour Headlamp by niceeric(m): 8:18am On Nov 21, 2013
I'm not a car expert but I can reply based on a similar experience I've had....your left headlamp allows water vapor into it which condenses then disappears again due to heat because there is an entry point for d vapor around d sides of the lamp shade.....d cause could either be a reassembly error after you probably changed the bulb the last time it was changed or the headlamp has given way.try checking to see which it is to determine d solution to apply,I personally use aradite(special glue mixture) around the lamp edges to forestall this occurrence but it makes d next bulb changing a Herculean task.An outright lamp changing is a better solution though,a good tokunbo(would do).....act fast cos as time goes by,d lamp in question would get darker due to algae buildup in it
Re: Toyota Corolla Water Vapour Headlamp by sammily(m): 8:43am On Nov 23, 2013
Mine is not the issue of water vapour but the Headlamps are becoming dull, not the bulb but the entire casing is turning slight brownish thus losing its shine. I've washed it several times but no way. What else can I do to make it shine again. Your advice are most Wellcomed.
Re: Toyota Corolla Water Vapour Headlamp by lacasa: 8:47am On Nov 23, 2013
sammily: Mine is not the issue of water vapour but the Headlamps are becoming dull, not the bulb but the entire casing is turning slight brownish thus losing its shine. I've washed it several times but no way. What else can I do to make it shine again. Your advice are most Wellcomed.

Clean with toothpaste.

Neva blivd myself till I tried
Re: Toyota Corolla Water Vapour Headlamp by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 23, 2013
sammily: Mine is not the issue of water vapour but the Headlamps are becoming dull, not the bulb but the entire casing is turning slight brownish thus losing its shine. I've washed it several times but no way. What else can I do to make it shine again. Your advice are most Wellcomed.

What car?
Re: Toyota Corolla Water Vapour Headlamp by niceeric(m): 9:46am On Nov 23, 2013
Are your headlamp casings glass or plastic?if its plastic then u av to change the lamps cos cars with plastic lamp shade casings usually av this problem cos of our dusty environment mixed with heat
Re: Toyota Corolla Water Vapour Headlamp by cardoctor(m): 5:24am On Nov 24, 2013
There must be water or water vapour entering through an orifice in the headlamp housing.

Most modern headlamps (including your Corolla's) are manufactured to be air tight so as to prevent dust or moisture from getting in and affecting the glare efficiency of the mirror like reflctor of the headlamp lens.

Some naija panel beaters would use a long self tapping screw to hold the headlamp unit in place after repairing an accident damage. They drill a hole (or several) into the unit and this would allow water or dust into the casing.

A headlamp bulb that is not properly inserted into the housing or loosely fit could also cause this.

Check for loose fiting headlamp bulb/s or completely remove the headlamp unit and examine for any cracks or drillings.

Car-Doctor.
Re: Toyota Corolla Water Vapour Headlamp by chikasin4(m): 5:43am On Nov 25, 2013
car-doctor:
There must be water or water vapour entering through an orifice in the headlamp housing.

Most modern headlamps (including your Corolla's) are manufactured to be air tight so as to prevent dust or moisture from getting in and affecting the glare efficiency of the mirror like reflctor of the headlamp lens.

Some naija panel beaters would use a long self tapping screw to hold the headlamp unit in place after repairing an accident damage. They drill a hole (or several) into the unit and this would allow water or dust into the casing.

A headlamp bulb that is not properly inserted into the housing or loosely fit could also cause this.

Check for loose fiting headlamp bulb/s or completely remove the headlamp unit and examine for any cracks or drillings.

Car-Doctor.

Thank u Car doctor,
also i want to know when i put my ignition to on postion not starts position d radiation fan starts, pls is it normal. Thank u Car-Doctor.
Re: Toyota Corolla Water Vapour Headlamp by Lexusgs430: 6:25am On Nov 25, 2013
[quote author=chikasin4][/quote]

I can also second-guess, that the thermostat of your car has been removed + your fan rewired to keep rotating regardless of engine temperature, by our lovely 9ja mechanics to eliminate engine overheating issues !!!!
Re: Toyota Corolla Water Vapour Headlamp by cardoctor(m): 7:19am On Nov 25, 2013
chikasin4:
Thank u Car doctor,
also i want to know when i put my ignition to on postion not starts position d radiation fan starts, pls is it normal. Thank u,Car-Doctor.

Very bad idea to have your fan on without the engine getting to its operating temperature.
There are so many posts on nairaland that explains the disadvantages.

Try this one:
https://www.nairaland.com/1061845/direct-connection-radiator-fan-harmful

Car-Doctor.
Re: Toyota Corolla Water Vapour Headlamp by sammily(m): 8:46am On Nov 25, 2013
lacasa:

Clean with toothpaste.

Neva blivd myself till I tried

Really?? Never know that, wil give it a try. Thanks
Re: Toyota Corolla Water Vapour Headlamp by sammily(m): 8:47am On Nov 25, 2013
Siena:

What car?

Its Toyota Corolla, 2006 model, American spec
Re: Toyota Corolla Water Vapour Headlamp by chikasin4(m): 4:35pm On Nov 26, 2013
d thermostart is there, but they connect d radiator fan direct to the ignition switch. Dat is how d car came as i buy it as tocumbo. How do i correct it. It is toyota corolla 2003 model le trim. Thank u.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is This True For 3rd Generation Toyota 4runner / The Cost And Procedure For Getting A Customized Car Plate Number! / These Cars In Nigeria And Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.