Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,854 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:28 PM

Why Do Some People Adorn Their Dashboards With Horse Whips? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Do Some People Adorn Their Dashboards With Horse Whips? (16013 Views)

Smart Dashboards, Safe Or Dangerous? / Why Do Some People Buy Cars And Decide To Sell It In Less Than 1 Year Of Useage? / Boosting Your Lovely Car To Extra Horse Power For Speed, Burnout And Donuts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Some People Adorn Their Dashboards With Horse Whips? by dfrost: 7:38am On Mar 06, 2018
infolpf:
Mine is a baseball bat!

You got me rolling on the floor. cheesy grin
Re: Why Do Some People Adorn Their Dashboards With Horse Whips? by sicily4u: 7:40am On Mar 06, 2018
Almost 5years and is making front Page today

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some People Adorn Their Dashboards With Horse Whips? by xreal: 7:49am On Mar 06, 2018
TheMadame:
Driving to work this morning, I noticed that many drivers of vehicles, I drove past or that drove past me, adorned their dashboards with horse whips of various designs and colours.These whips were conspicuously displayed and it got me wondering their purpose. Are the meant to be used to flog other adults or are they meant to flog fellow adult drivers?
I think this is a carry over of the force mentality of the military era or what say you?

@bolded
Simple!

Nigerians behave like animals. Both the 'flogger' and the 'floggee' are animals.

Those who display military belts are the confirmed animals.

Thank God Buhari turned them down. Peace corp sef for dey hang their belt for dashboard.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some People Adorn Their Dashboards With Horse Whips? by babdap: 7:49am On Mar 06, 2018
Restoring erring drivers to default settings since 1960

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some People Adorn Their Dashboards With Horse Whips? by Sukakma(m): 7:51am On Mar 06, 2018
Bede2u:
It is an hausa-fulani trend. The thing most southerners dont realise is that our police, army, politicians, civil servants etc have unknowingly been overwhemly influenced by hausa-fulani cattle mentality. That is why a military man lacks empathy, a policeman or civil servant will stress u to death when u enter his trap.

Now compare that to banks and private sector run mostly by southerners. There is a much greater level of proffessionalism in the south-dominated private sector.

We are culturally being colonised by hausa...otherwise wat is the rationale of keeping a pain-inflicting object like horsewhipp in ur car.

Nigerians (due to legacies of the hausa-dominated military regimes) now lack empathy.
Stupid, silly, worthless, wormy son of sorry excuse to your parents

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some People Adorn Their Dashboards With Horse Whips? by okerekeikpo: 7:58am On Mar 06, 2018
When you see my car u ask me
Re: Why Do Some People Adorn Their Dashboards With Horse Whips? by Nobody: 8:03am On Mar 06, 2018
Wait this post was posted May 2013 and almost 5 years later is on the front page.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some People Adorn Their Dashboards With Horse Whips? by Nobody: 8:03am On Mar 06, 2018
TheMadame:
Driving to work this morning, I noticed that many drivers of vehicles, I drove past or that drove past me, adorned their dashboards with horse whips of various designs and colours.These whips were conspicuously displayed and it got me wondering their purpose. Are the meant to be used to flog other adults or are they meant to flog fellow adult drivers?
I think this is a carry over of the force mentality of the military era or what say you?

I don't think those things are horse whips ooo.
Re: Why Do Some People Adorn Their Dashboards With Horse Whips? by TheTourist: 8:12am On Mar 06, 2018
THE GOD THAT UPLIFTED THIS POST TO FRONT PAGE AFTER 4 YEARS AND 3 MONTHS WILL REMEMBER YOU THIS YEAR. THIS IS OUR YEAR OF UPLIFTMENT ��

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some People Adorn Their Dashboards With Horse Whips? by Abbeyme: 8:16am On Mar 06, 2018
TheMadame:

Which locality or state do you live please? That would determine how to respond.

But this is a miracle, kind of. This thread has been created since 2013 with three or so comments and just seeing FP now. Very serious.

Which kind of soap you dey use bath of recent..

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Some People Adorn Their Dashboards With Horse Whips? by TeamSimple(m): 8:19am On Mar 06, 2018
Bede2u:
It is an hausa-fulani trend. The thing most southerners dont realise is that our police, army, politicians, civil servants etc have unknowingly been overwhemly influenced by hausa-fulani cattle mentality. That is why a military man lacks empathy, a policeman or civil servant will stress u to death when u enter his trap.

Now compare that to banks and private sector run mostly by southerners. There is a much greater level of proffessionalism in the south-dominated private sector.

We are culturally being colonised by hausa...otherwise wat is the rationale of keeping a pain-inflicting object like horsewhipp in ur car.

Nigerians (due to legacies of the hausa-dominated military regimes) now lack empathy.
As silly as you sound . I schooled four years in core north and I never for once see a Hausa man put a whip in his car . This trend is common in Lagos and other southern parts where traffic is overbearing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some People Adorn Their Dashboards With Horse Whips? by Chandeliers: 8:21am On Mar 06, 2018
I guess the concerned drivers are just nature-lovers... grin
But which one is catapult again...
Re: Why Do Some People Adorn Their Dashboards With Horse Whips? by Isupaefugbemi00(m): 8:22am On Mar 06, 2018
Rainmania:
Wait this post was posted May 2013 and almost 5 years later is on the front page.
Did you also notice the guy to comment first didn't shout FTC or those thrash. How nairaland was sane back then.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some People Adorn Their Dashboards With Horse Whips? by potent5(m): 8:23am On Mar 06, 2018
2013 post making it to front page in 2018; what a delayed destiny!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some People Adorn Their Dashboards With Horse Whips? by sweetgala(m): 8:30am On Mar 06, 2018
Bede2u:

What a tosser. Went of the deep end you cunt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some People Adorn Their Dashboards With Horse Whips? by khalidMohammed(m): 8:30am On Mar 06, 2018
Its their badge, to show that they are agberos
Re: Why Do Some People Adorn Their Dashboards With Horse Whips? by sweetgala(m): 8:35am On Mar 06, 2018
vikithor:
Its a sign of intolerance ,but then sharing the roads with road traffic illiterates,eg ,fulani,hausa people ,truckpusher,motorcyclist,commercial bus drivers ,
going by traffic standard,they will be at traffic wrong and flexing muscle ,meets with many here in bariga ,lagos ,and will be ready to fight,knowing that his fellow cow brethren will stop by to his defense

I've been to Nigeria enough to know that illiteracy knows no ethnic groups. I go to banks and the level.of customer service there is shambolic it's ridiculous.

I'm certain if you can come to type something like this on a public platform you most certainly are an illiterate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some People Adorn Their Dashboards With Horse Whips? by chiraqDemon(m): 8:41am On Mar 06, 2018
It's there on one car in our house. The last time it was used I heard my uncle whipped one keke man that hit his car. The guy hit my uncle's car and wanted to flex on top him again. My uncle just came out and started whipping the idiot.
Re: Why Do Some People Adorn Their Dashboards With Horse Whips? by uuzba(m): 8:44am On Mar 06, 2018
Aldebaran:
grin
Because of stubborn drivers and pedestrians

To flog them like slaves abi?

Re: Why Do Some People Adorn Their Dashboards With Horse Whips? by seguno2: 8:51am On Mar 06, 2018
Because they are horses themselves and need to be whipped into orderliness.
Are we no longer in an animal republic where snakes and monkeys are swallowing money upandan
Re: Why Do Some People Adorn Their Dashboards With Horse Whips? by seguno2: 8:52am On Mar 06, 2018
uuzba:

Maybe those who have the horsewhips are themselves unable to shake off their slave mentality
Re: Why Do Some People Adorn Their Dashboards With Horse Whips? by johnlegend01: 8:53am On Mar 06, 2018
I am buying the moment I spot it. I have been planning to get two but my movements have not been through places I could get it.
For me, it is for stupid bike men.
Re: Why Do Some People Adorn Their Dashboards With Horse Whips? by seguno2: 8:55am On Mar 06, 2018
chiraqDemon:
It's there on one car in our house. The last time it was used I heard my uncle whipped one keke man that hit his car. The guy hit my uncle's car and wanted to flex on top him again. My uncle just came out and started whipping the idiot.

Is the real idiot not your uncle who cannot find civil ways to resolve the issue, including the extreme measure of taking the keke man to court or lead others to regulate and train the keke men?
How much regulation do you think there is for the keke men

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some People Adorn Their Dashboards With Horse Whips? by Godwinfury(m): 9:09am On Mar 06, 2018
When Auto manufacturers would be bragging about their car's horsepower, the whip is meant to make the car move faster, the same way it's used on a horse.
Re: Why Do Some People Adorn Their Dashboards With Horse Whips? by Aldebaran(m): 9:10am On Mar 06, 2018
uuzba:

cheesy grin grin
Re: Why Do Some People Adorn Their Dashboards With Horse Whips? by OneCorner: 9:11am On Mar 06, 2018
Bede2u:

true talk...
Re: Why Do Some People Adorn Their Dashboards With Horse Whips? by Obdk: 9:17am On Mar 06, 2018
wen u drive around mile 2 flyover. oshodi to charity traffic in d night. u ll understand why u need gun sef not just baseball bat...

by d time those boys try to break ur glass and steal from u..
Re: Why Do Some People Adorn Their Dashboards With Horse Whips? by lonelydora: 9:22am On Mar 06, 2018
To scare bus/taxi drivers they are uniformed personnel
Re: Why Do Some People Adorn Their Dashboards With Horse Whips? by MorataFC: 9:35am On Mar 06, 2018
infolpf:
Mine is a baseball bat!
grin
Re: Why Do Some People Adorn Their Dashboards With Horse Whips? by Yankee101: 9:44am On Mar 06, 2018
Na Force personnel. Beware
Re: Why Do Some People Adorn Their Dashboards With Horse Whips? by Fistop: 9:54am On Mar 06, 2018
I'm not a Military personnel but I always put horsewhip on my dashboard because of the reckless commercial bus drivers, keke marwa and bike riders we have around. I also notice that once they see such horsewhips, they tend to drive more carefully beside or around you.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some People Adorn Their Dashboards With Horse Whips? by TheMadame(f): 10:22am On Mar 06, 2018
Abbeyme:

Which locality or state do you live please? That would determine how to respond.

But this is a miracle, kind of. This thread has been created since 2013 with three or so comments and just seeing FP now. Very serious.

Which kind of soap you dey use bath of recent..

Funny you.
On a more serious note,the thread is still relevant today.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My 03 Accord At 200,000miles (321,868km) / 7 Useful Car Accessories Under 6k Naira / Baba40 Is A Dubious Fraud . (proof)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.