Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs - Music/Radio (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs (43260 Views)

Top Ten Worst Nigerian Hit Songs Remix (Opinion) / What Are The Songs You Never Get Tired Of?? / Songs You Didnt Know OJB Produced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by kennyblac(m): 2:20pm On Nov 23, 2013
My Car by Tony Tetuila,
Mr Lecturer by Eedris Abdulkareem,
Paper by Shey Man,
All Terry G's songs are just kwack,
And the worst of it is Take Bananna by Dprince.
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by semmypat: 2:24pm On Nov 23, 2013
Aldoe am a nija music fan cos they av no message τ̅☺ pass across, U̶̲̥̅̊ guys shld J̲U̶̲̅§τ̲̅ try and listen τ̅☺ MJ I mean d lyrics ull know every of hs song has a meaning, phil collins, boy 11 men, keith sweat, even if its a crazy song d lyrics alwez compliments d chorus unlike nija song d chorus n d verse will b contradicting each other
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 23, 2013
Rayvene: Virtually all Naija 'hit' songs.
But I'm just gonna name a few that really baffle me with their utter lack of meaning sad

Davido - Skelewu undecided

All Terry G songs sad

All Timaya's songs(especially Ukwu grin)

Kcee - Pullover(Seriously,I still can't believe he ACTUALLY went into a studio and recorded that shiit)

D'Banj - Scapegoat.And as if the main song wasn't bad enough,he had to go ahead and disgrace Naija,doing the remix with Kanye and all that embarassed

Oh,and let's not forget Stupiid Love and Durosoke by that noisemaking Lil-Wayne wannabe undecided

Ok those are the worst of the lot to me cheesy

Like seriously? That pull over song by Kcee is Awful but come to think of it, wen they play it in the club, you can't help but dance!!!i love it

[color=#000099][/color]

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by Itoroetti(m): 2:44pm On Nov 23, 2013
Jayses: the truth is dat those guys are only conforming to
our desire u rarely see a naija youth admiring
artist like Asa,Dare @ wht dey want is Alcohol
music I rest my case

God bless u
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 23, 2013
No one has even talked about this!!
D'banj---- you'll need me FINALLY
Infact I don't get the song (kilo shea)

Sean tizzles....Mama eh nko?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by Wonderchild: 3:07pm On Nov 23, 2013
All saint Janet songs.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:15pm On Nov 23, 2013
banky0503: . U need to understand yoruba language to understand dat Gogo a so is not a wack.... Bro its a masterpiece.
I don't understand Yoruba but I consider Gongo Aso a Masterpiece.
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by Nobody: 3:21pm On Nov 23, 2013
oluamid: I remember the first time I heard Ifana Ibaga by 2face back in the early 2000s and I was like 'what kinda trash is this?'. Fast-forward 6 months later and it was a heavy hit. Same thing happened when I first heard Olamide's Eni Duro, I was like 'where's this Naija Lil Wayne from'? Look at where that song has put him.
wch kind 2000!! undecided Na 2004 o abeg
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:22pm On Nov 23, 2013
tushd: Una sabi sing song...this songs with the beat is our tradition..u dont expert them to conform to foriegn songs nd loose the naija flavour....naija music is about fun nd enjoyment...even u so called asa sang that..bimpe ba mi wi song nd it was crap
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by Abbytani(f): 3:36pm On Nov 23, 2013
All your opinions and critisism wont change a fact that stands out ; 'These laughable artists are just meeting the demands of their Nigerian fans!'
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by TayoT: 3:47pm On Nov 23, 2013
Eminado....mschewwww. I hope Don Jazzy falls while dancing this song at Tiwa's wedding today.
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by Damayor12(m): 3:57pm On Nov 23, 2013
All KCee's songs "OKoso" for example angry
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by soulfood(m): 4:13pm On Nov 23, 2013
OMG! How did i forget Gborie e o fokasibe.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by Rikidony(m): 4:25pm On Nov 23, 2013
Take bannana oo Nkoyo take banana ooo nkoyo undecided
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by delors(m): 4:38pm On Nov 23, 2013
Kukere! How did that almost empty song and singer become monster hits? sad Jazz!
Song is just there, video spoil everything, and Mr Nyanya no even come get lyrics for the song and other songs that followed!
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by safarigirl(f): 4:43pm On Nov 23, 2013
tintingz: I know you will bring your D'banj hating thing here, why comparing D'banj with banky, MI?
D'banj has been singing with the jjc 419 squads including don jazzy, weird MC, kween, MP etc in abroad. Guess you don't know that cuz you don't even know music then.
was D'banj the only name I mentioned you myopic drone! Banky was hustling in America for years before coming to naija. Tiwa Savage won a grammy and worked with Mary J Blige abroad also, yet you can say D'banj is older than her in the NIGERIAN music industry. Who gives 2 shiits what happened in London? As far as naija is concerned, D'banj came up in 2003 with the likes of Styl plus. Tuface and P-square have been here since the 90's and 2001.
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by Zapence(m): 4:48pm On Nov 23, 2013
Rudebwoy: SKY B, the dumbest song i ever heard.
Me too. that guy's song ( My babe) was sure the dumbest song i ever heard. so dumb that it was painful to the ears.
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by texaco1: 5:07pm On Nov 23, 2013
What most people don't understand about music is ,it is easier to compose a sensible song with meaningful lyrics than to compose a trashy song. We all know what is right or wrong so for somebody singing about it won't make any difference. But it is 100 times difficult to compose a trashy song that will appeal to sensible people enough for them to dip their hands into their pockets and pay or buy the song. Most of the whacky songs you guys are talking about here,most of u bought it or even downloaded it .that is what creativity is all about creating something out of nothing. These guys look around and they look for crazy things to sing about that will entice you. The question we should be asking is why is it that most artistes that compose and sing meaningful songs don't always make it if truly it is the meaningful songs we are all after ?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by texaco1: 5:26pm On Nov 23, 2013
sambas: All Davido songs, sometimes i wonder who is giving that boy those lyrics.... Thank God the DJ, radio stations and the marketers are not like Nairaland moderators, he would v bin serving 1yr out of his 20yrs ban...
but see gobe is a good track

Omo see gobe !!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by badmrkt(m): 5:29pm On Nov 23, 2013
2sizzlin:

Pls would you be kind enough to help me Tell drake to stop rapping? he gets it right 3 times outta 50. He'd be better off without rapping.
He should only be singing and making some chorus
brou we are on the same wavelength. Drake is American version of NAETO C
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by Freegud(m): 5:41pm On Nov 23, 2013
the problem is dat our 9ja musican now can not sing without girls..
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by texaco1: 5:54pm On Nov 23, 2013
Bonapart: Davido shouldn't be allow to handle d mic
na. Wa ooo , why is it that everybody hates this guy ? Davido is a bundle of talent,I forsee this guy been nominated for grammy awards in the nearest future.

Ooooops ! Omo see gobe

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by Hibkay: 5:57pm On Nov 23, 2013
Everybody will agree wit me dat take banana till u go yo by D prince is d worst song ever..Mehn dat song is wack. At least Terry G song still get beat but D prince own is total nonsense.
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by benny4wax(m): 5:59pm On Nov 23, 2013
SCALE EWU

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by Roeek: 7:06pm On Nov 23, 2013
Finally by Dbanj
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by tinoblinx: 7:10pm On Nov 23, 2013
They are all artists, we only hav a few muscians with talents, make songs u can learn from........ Likes of 2face, darey, asa and odaz.. Som r just lyricists like ice prince, MI, olamide, and som r rappers like mode9 n odaz..[b][/b]
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by tintingz(m): 7:19pm On Nov 23, 2013
safarigirl: was D'banj the only name I mentioned you myopic drone! Banky was hustling in America for years before coming to naija. Tiwa Savage won a grammy and worked with Mary J Blige abroad also, yet you can say D'banj is older than her in the NIGERIAN music industry. Who gives 2 shiits what happened in London? As far as naija is concerned, D'banj came up in 2003 with the likes of Styl plus. Tuface and P-square have been here since the 90's and 2001.
and he(D'banj) outshine them all. grin
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by drmikeadams(m): 8:44pm On Nov 23, 2013
django1: Eminado! I mean what shiiiit is that?
Seriously I dnt understand why that whack became a hit,..v.annoying
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by armadeo(m): 9:26pm On Nov 23, 2013
omoiyalayi: Pretete by ojb
Wat is pretete ?

oh the horror!!! the horror of this particular song. this one i hate.
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by oluamid(m): 10:32pm On Nov 23, 2013
skaksuzzy: wch kind 2000!! undecided Na 2004 o abeg

I didn't say 2000, I said early 2000s. Gerrit?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by kelechiodo(m): 11:43pm On Nov 23, 2013
All Terry G songs.
I tried to understand them even went to his shows.
It was him that actually made me to believe that some musicians are actually using jazz (african magic) to make people like their songs. It is so incredible that some of his songs are hit songs
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by henryagori(m): 12:26am On Nov 24, 2013
that is why its called musik shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Grammy 2020 Awards: Burna Boy's Fans Support Him Over Angelique Kidjo / 9 Nigerian Music Influenced Slangs And Their Meanings / Tony Allen Is Dead!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.