Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,698 members, 7,802,059 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:33 AM

I Dont Believe In Miracles - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Dont Believe In Miracles (1734 Views)

For Muslims : Does Muslims Believe In Miracles? / Top 10 Astonishing Miracles (international) / In Case You Dont Believe in Miracle, Read My Testimony. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Dont Believe In Miracles by justaqad(m): 4:06pm On Nov 21, 2013
A miracle is an event not ascribable to human power or the laws of nature and consequently attributed to a supernatural, especially divine.(Wikipedia)
I believe miracle is a feat that cannot be replicated by human.
I have come a long way in my religious belief, as a Muslim I believe in the Existence and superiority of Allah,
But I don’t believe miracles no more.
The last known miracle was performed by the noble prophet Jesus, and the Quran as a guidance to mankind.
The greatest imprisonment is not ignorance, the greatest imprisonment is FEAR.
Most people believe someone in the village is responsible for their downfall, when in actual sense we have been so lazy and superstitious, even the sight of cowry would be termed satanic. All manners of prayers and casting would be channeled trying to destroy the evil spirit, sending the alleged evil spirit back to the sender.
If we channel the energy we waste daily fighting spirits, into something meaningful Nigeria would be a better place.
I believe Superstitions and Fear are the main factors responsible for our pitiable state.
Someone asked me ,what do you do when you wake up in the morning,.
I said nothing, he asked don’t you pray to God and thank Him for seeing another day, I replied No.
I told him, humans are like programs, with duration, when you expire you die.
So, I am seeing newer days is not because God has special love for me and hates others, it is simply because my expiry date is still far ahead. if we are existing by the grace of God, why do people still die? does it mean they have fallen off the grace of God?
A friend of mine was sick, instead of taking medications she resorted to praying, and casting the spirit of sickness.
I bluntly told her, if you don’t take medications you would not get better, drugs will only make you feel better, if you rely solely on prayers you will DIE.
I often read Living Faith weekly publications about Miracles, and I shake my head after every story.
Quite pathetic, yet people believe it.
Its quite annoying when someone would run to a man of God because of migraine, when even Panadol Extra could do a better job.
As weird as I may sound to my religious folks, it pays more if we use the logical part of our brain.
Superstition would only drag us down the hole further.
If anyone could regrow an amputated arm, revive the dead, then I know miracle is real.
But till then shut the f**k up about Miracles

1 Like

Re: I Dont Believe In Miracles by Nobody: 4:15pm On Nov 21, 2013
The good news is, the existence of miracles are not hinged on your acceptance of it.
I believe in miracles.
Re: I Dont Believe In Miracles by kevoh(m): 4:16pm On Nov 21, 2013
The two diseases called common sense and logic are really spreading grin and people are getting infected daily. Very soon they will be an epidemic of a global nature. The good thing is, this is an epidemic the world actually needs tongue .
Re: I Dont Believe In Miracles by justaqad(m): 4:23pm On Nov 21, 2013
idnoble135: The good news is, the existence of miracles are not hinged on your acceptance of it.
I believe in miracles.

Jesus Christ performed great miracles even critics could not refute.
miracles that works solely on recipients faith is hogwash.

1 Like

Re: I Dont Believe In Miracles by justaqad(m): 4:23pm On Nov 21, 2013
kevoh: The two diseases called common sense and logic are really spreading grin and people are getting infected daily. Very soon they will be an epidemic of a global nature. The good thing is this an epidemic the world actually needs tongue .

grin grin grin grin
Re: I Dont Believe In Miracles by Demainman1: 4:39pm On Nov 21, 2013
Miracle dey na im Nigeria is still in the sorry state it is till date upon the thousands of men of God!
It is only them and the immediate family that sees the miracles and not the common man on the street. angry
Re: I Dont Believe In Miracles by DKJaleel: 4:41pm On Nov 21, 2013
nice thoughts OP...
Re: I Dont Believe In Miracles by justaqad(m): 4:58pm On Nov 21, 2013
Demain_man: Miracle dey na im Nigeria is still in the sorry state it is till date upon the thousands of men of God!
It is only them and the immediate family that sees the miracles and not the common man on the street. angry

people would not believe.
i played a prank on a so called man of called yesterday in the office.
my back was aching me so much its causing me discomfort, i met the guy in the P.M's office and he saw me holding my back and instantly offered to heal me of my pains.
i shouted at him if he dares lay his hand on me, i told him only drugs and rest would make me feel better.
on arriving office this morning i called him, and was apologizing for being rude to him, thanking him for his miracle yesterday,
omo c as the guy begin feel himself, he started started telling me how God works, miracle this, that.
i was laughing silently, when it dawned on him it was a prank, omo c causes..
grin grin grin
Re: I Dont Believe In Miracles by justaqad(m): 4:58pm On Nov 21, 2013
DK Jaleel: nice thoughts OP...

cool cool cool cool

there's a reason God gave me Brain..
cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: I Dont Believe In Miracles by Demainman1: 5:10pm On Nov 21, 2013
justaqad:

cool cool cool cool

there's a reason God gave me Brain..
cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

Na only you? White people are using their brains to better mankind while Nigerias are only using theirs to pray for miracles. That is pure brain abuse i tell you.

You know what? Jesus will be so happy if he should come back to the world now(europe/middle east/america), not Nigeria o!

Seeing all the technological advancements, good roads, clean streets, planes flying and all that, Even God is impressed at the way the white man is using their brains. Why do think Jesus said 'The haves, will be given more and the have nots, the little they have will be taken away from them' ? He was refering to the black race i tell you! sad
Re: I Dont Believe In Miracles by justaqad(m): 5:13pm On Nov 21, 2013
Demain_man:

Na only you? White people are using their brains to better mankind while Nigerias are only using theirs to pray for miracles. That is pure brain abuse i tell you.

You know what? Jesus will be so happy if he should come back to the world now(europe/middle east/america), not Nigeria o!

Seeing all the technological advancements, good roads, clean streets, planes flying and all that, Even God is impressed at the way the white man is using their brains. Why do think Jesus said 'The haves, will be given more and the have nots, the little they have will be taken away from them' ? He was refering to the black race i tell you! sad

hehehehehehe
grin grin grin grin grin grin
u de find trouble oooo
grin grin
Re: I Dont Believe In Miracles by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 21, 2013
justaqad:

Jesus Christ performed great miracles even critics could not refute.
miracles that works solely on recipients faith is hogwash.

Some miracles do not rely on the recipient's faith. It is carried out by divine sovereignty. And they still happen today.
Re: I Dont Believe In Miracles by kevoh(m): 5:17pm On Nov 21, 2013
justaqad:

people would not believe.
i played a prank on a so called man of called yesterday in the office.
my back was aching me so much its causing me discomfort, i met the guy in the P.M's office and he saw me holding my back and instantly offered to heal me of my pains.
i shouted at him if he dares lay his hand on me, i told him only drugs and rest would make me feel better.
on arriving office this morning i called him, and was apologizing for being rude to him, thanking him for his miracle yesterday,
omo c as the guy begin feel himself, he started started telling me how God works, miracle this, that.
i was laughing silently, when it dawned on him it was a prank, omo c causes..
grin grin grin

grin grin ;
Re: I Dont Believe In Miracles by Demainman1: 5:19pm On Nov 21, 2013
justaqad:

hehehehehehe
grin grin grin grin grin grin
u de find trouble oooo
grin grin

See as nigeria be with all the leadedr we say we have. Every sunday the whole streets will be emptied of people. everbody in the church yet where are we again?

All the prayers wey dem don dey offer our oga @ the top since he became president what has it amounted to? Only more stealin of the nations wealth and more money in the pockets of pastors (only). I was in Nigeria sometimes ago, come see pastors and their tartered suits. you will feel pity for their gullibility. They have been beaten black and blue with serious brain washing i tell you.
Re: I Dont Believe In Miracles by justaqad(m): 5:22pm On Nov 21, 2013
idnoble135:
Some miracles do not rely on the recipient's faith. It is carried out by divine sovereignty. And they still happen today.

tell me one miracle that is void of tricks?
or atleast your healer can regrow amputated arms, abi is it too much to ask?
Re: I Dont Believe In Miracles by justaqad(m): 5:23pm On Nov 21, 2013
Demain_man:

See as nigeria be with all the leadedr we say we have. Every sunday the whole streets will be emptied of people. everbody in the church yet where are we again?

All the prayers wey dem don dey offer our oga @ the top since he became president what has it amounted to? Only more stealin of the nations wealth and more money in the pockets of pastors (only). I was in Nigeria sometimes ago, come see pastors and their tartered suits. you will feel pity for their gullibility. They have been beaten black and blue with serious brain washing i tell you.

FEAR is the greatest..
the pastors get their MAGANI (in Hausa, Medicine)
Re: I Dont Believe In Miracles by Demainman1: 5:25pm On Nov 21, 2013
Ahh, you dey doubt miracle? Haven't you seen/heard where a pastor prays and your enemies will die?
What about the one wey pastor will pray and your headache will just stop wink
justaqad:

Re: I Dont Believe In Miracles by justaqad(m): 5:29pm On Nov 21, 2013
Demain_man: Ahh, you dey doubt miracle? Haven't you seen/heard where a pastor prays and your enemies will die?
What about the one wey pastor will pray and your headache will just stop wink

hehehehehehehehehehehe..

guy laugh don kill me finish.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

the one way de trip me pass na when, person go de find job for a long time, after him don get job, him go say
na pastor prayer give am dream job.
gullibe ones.
Re: I Dont Believe In Miracles by AlfaSeltzer(m): 5:33pm On Nov 21, 2013
op, I can provide evidence of a miracle if you provide evidence of allah.
Re: I Dont Believe In Miracles by Demainman1: 5:34pm On Nov 21, 2013
justaqad:

hehehehehehehehehehehe..

guy laugh don kill me finish.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

the one way de trip me pass na when, person go de find job for a long time, after him don get job, him go say
na pastor prayer give am dream job.
gullibe ones.

Thank God say where i dey you don't really need any prayer to get job. I belief in destiny. what will be will be. No Oyibo wey i sabi don tell me say im pray before im get job. Na only Naija dey prey to get job.

The annoying thing is that after dey pray finish for church, sow seeds finish, cast and bound finish, 99.999% of them will still depend on 'Long leg' AKA 'Who know man' to get jobs and every other thing, only to come back to church to give testimony.
Re: I Dont Believe In Miracles by justaqad(m): 5:37pm On Nov 21, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: op, I can provide evidence of a miracle if you provide evidence of allah.

the quran is there for you to disprove.
Re: I Dont Believe In Miracles by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 21, 2013
justaqad:

It's time wasting continuing this.
I have seen miracles happen.
Some through me.
Re: I Dont Believe In Miracles by justaqad(m): 5:39pm On Nov 21, 2013
Demain_man:

Thank God say where i dey you don't really need any prayer to get job. I belief in destiny. what will be will be. No Oyibo wey i sabi don tell me say im pray before im get job. Na only Naija dey prey to get job.

The annoying thing is that after dey pray finish for church, sow seeds finish, cast and bound finish, 99.999% of them will still depend on 'Long leg' AKA 'Who know man' to get jobs and every other thing, only to come back to church to give testimony.

loool
guy u don kill me with lafta finish.

cant stop laughing.
Re: I Dont Believe In Miracles by Demainman1: 5:39pm On Nov 21, 2013
idnoble135:
It's time wasting continuing this.
I have seen miracles happen.
Some through me.

Has any pastor you know prayed and an amputated leg regrows? Now that is a miracle.
Re: I Dont Believe In Miracles by Demainman1: 5:42pm On Nov 21, 2013
justaqad:

loool
guy u don kill me with lafta finish.

cant stop laughing.

No Mind me joor, Ask yourself this question, How many top politicians children in Nigeria prayed before getting a job? None. Na connection dey get job no be prayer.
Re: I Dont Believe In Miracles by justaqad(m): 5:56pm On Nov 21, 2013
Demain_man:

No Mind me joor, Ask yourself this question, How many top politicians children in Nigeria prayed before getting a job? None. Na connection dey get job no be prayer.

No mind idnoble.. Him no fit answer your question..
Imagine dangote son praying for a miracle job..
Hehehehehr
Re: I Dont Believe In Miracles by AlfaSeltzer(m): 4:37pm On Nov 22, 2013
justaqad:

the quran is there for you to disprove.

so are miracles.
Re: I Dont Believe In Miracles by justaqad(m): 6:26pm On Nov 22, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

so are miracles.

Show me or can you perform any?
The quran has been around for over 1400,no one has dared replicate it....
Unlike miracles illusions.. Even David Copperfield, Chris angels knows better..
It's all illusion
Re: I Dont Believe In Miracles by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:12pm On Nov 22, 2013
justaqad:

Show me or can you perform any?
The quran has been around for over 1400,no one has dared replicate it....
Unlike miracles illusions.. Even David Copperfield, Chris angels knows better..
It's all illusion

I asked about allah and you go on about quran.
I don't need proof of quran.
show me proof of allah.
Re: I Dont Believe In Miracles by petra1(m): 6:11am On Nov 23, 2013
Re: I Dont Believe In Miracles by justaqad(m): 2:35pm On Nov 23, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

I asked about allah and you go on about quran.
I don't need proof of quran.
show me proof of allah.

you need the proof of Allah?
the Quran is
Re: I Dont Believe In Miracles by justaqad(m): 2:37pm On Nov 23, 2013
petra1: European doctor healed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfWpSnS44Kw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

i will volunteer my arm to be amputated call your miracle worker.
if he fails.....
you, him(miracle worker),his immediate family, distance family will suffer the same fate.
deal?
hehehehehehe grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can The Creator Of The World Have Son? Let The Bible And Quran Speak / Two Kinds Of Destiny / Sarah Jakes And Her New Husband, Pastor Toure Roberts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.