Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,729 members, 7,806,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:54 AM

What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? (2599 Views)

When Last Did You Say The Hail Mary As A Christian / True Story Of The Hail Mary Of A Protestant / An In Depth Analysis Of The Hail Mary Prayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by Acidosis(m): 7:23pm On Nov 21, 2013
The text of the Hail Mary prayer incorporates two Bible passages:

1. “Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee" (Luke 1:28 ) -

Angel Gabriel's greetings to Mary when He came to inform her that she had been chosen to bear the Messiah.

2. ..and “Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb" (Luke 1:42 )

Elizabeth's greetings to Mary when Mary came to visit her cousin who was also pregnant at the time with John the Baptist.

3. Hail Mary Mother of God pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.”

(abomination! no reference, contradiction to the biblical truth)

3 noticeable abominations on prayer 3!

1. Mary is not and never was “holy.” Mary was a human being who was born, as all humans are, with a sin nature (Adam & Eve) and who recognized that she needed a Savior. (Luke 1:46-55 )...

2. Addressing Mary as the “Mother of God.” Mary was the human mother of the human Jesus Christ, who was indeed God incarnate.

But she was not the mother of God, neither is she the ”queen of heaven ,” another title given to her by a group of people which has no basis in Scripture.
God doesn’t have a mother, nor does He have a queen. He is an eternal, infinite Being, uncreated and unborn, self-sufficient and self-sustaining.

3. “For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus” ( 1 Timothy 2:5 )

While Mary was certainly a godly young woman greatly blessed in that she was chosen to bear the Savior of the world, she was not in any way divine, nor was she sinless, nor is she to be worshipped, revered, venerated, or prayed to.

God bless

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by Mynd44: 7:35pm On Nov 21, 2013
This looks promising

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by Nobody: 12:10am On Nov 22, 2013
Following patiently. The write up holds water

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by Nobody: 5:04am On Nov 22, 2013
2. Addressing Mary as the “Mother of God.” Mary was the human mother of the human Jesus Christ, who was indeed God incarnate.

So much for Christian intellectual thinking. Mary gave birth to a human who was God. Mother of God, simple.

A virgin gave birth to God.
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by POPEII: 5:05am On Nov 22, 2013
*yawns*

Contradictions upon contradictions , May God help and forgive you.
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by Acidosis(m): 9:31am On Nov 22, 2013
aManFromMars:

So much for Christian intellectual thinking. Mary gave birth to a human who was God. Mother of God, simple.

A virgin gave birth to God.

and the same God created Mary..

How can I create you and yet, you say you're my Mother? lolz

Its funny to see how you want to force titles on an innocent woman..
I pray God open our eyes so we can see what it means to rip God off his glory..

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by Nobody: 9:42am On Nov 22, 2013
acidosis:

Luke 2:51
Then he went down to Nazareth with them and was obedient to them. But his mother treasured all these things in her heart.

Last word. So mother is now a title. Well, I'm not surprised. Na you.
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by italo: 9:56am On Nov 22, 2013
Acidosis:

and the same God created Mary..

How can I create you and yet, you say you're my Mother? lolz

But it was God the Holy Spirit that called Mary the Mother of Jesus - God the Son.

It wasn't Catholics that invented it.
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by Acidosis(m): 10:03am On Nov 22, 2013
aManFromMars:

Luke 2:51
Then he went down to Nazareth with them and was obedient to them. But his mother treasured all these things in her heart.

Last word. So mother is now a title. Well, I'm not surprised. Na you.

Calling an earthly mother Mary the Mother of a divine God is insultive..

'Mother' is not a title, 'Mother of God' & 'The Queen of Heaven' are forbiden and abominable titles..

The symbolic Mary (holding a baby) you carry about today was formerly an idol, a mother goddess of the sun carved for & by the early pagans..
I talked about that on previous threads

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by Acidosis(m): 10:05am On Nov 22, 2013
italo:

But it was God the Holy Spirit that called Mary the Mother of Jesus - God the Son.

It wasn't Catholics that invented it.

Yes, she was chosen.

But the same Mary was pregnant by the Holy spirit..

So why don't we call Holy spirit the FATHER of God?
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by italo: 10:18am On Nov 22, 2013
Acidosis:

Calling an earthly mother Mary the Mother of a divine God is insultive..
So Jesus is not divine?
Acidosis: 'Mother' is not a title, 'Mother of God' & 'The Queen of Heaven' are forbiden and abominable titles..
Says you, not God. God said in Psalm 45:9 that the Queen stands at the right hand of God in heaven. Queen of where if not heaven?
Acidosis: The symbolic Mary (holding a baby) you carry about today was formerly an idol, a mother goddess of the sun carved for & by the early pagans..

What about you picture of your mother carrying you as a baby...is it the goddess of the Sun too.
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by italo: 10:29am On Nov 22, 2013
Acidosis:

Yes, she was chosen.

But the same Mary was pregnant by the Holy spirit..

So why don't we call Holy spirit the FATHER of God?

You tell my why.
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by Syncan(m): 10:47am On Nov 22, 2013
Please how does one argue with someone who is claiming that "the sun moves from east to west of the earth" in an astronomy forum.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by Mynd44: 10:54am On Nov 22, 2013
Syncan: Please how does one argue with someone who is claiming that "the sun moves from east to west of the earth" in an astronomy forum.
Lmao....good one
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by Nobody: 11:01am On Nov 22, 2013
Acidosis:

The symbolic Mary (holding a baby) you carry about today was formerly an idol, a mother goddess of the sun carved for & by the early pagans..

Lol. This guy is a joke. Bye.
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by Syncan(m): 11:06am On Nov 22, 2013
Acidosis: The text of the Hail Mary prayer incorporates two Bible passages:

3 noticeable abominations on prayer 3!

1. Mary is not and never was “holy.” Mary was a human being who was born, as all humans are, with a sin nature (Adam & Eve) and who recognized that she needed a Savior. (Luke 1:46-55 )...

God bless

To argue, one needs common sense. To discuss on a subject, you need knowledge of the subject. To stand in Judgement, you need to be an authority.

1. Humans can be holy - "For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost" 2Pet1:21

2.Nestorian Heresy- Condemned by Christiandom since 431AD. Jesus in the womb of the virgin Mary, was both man and God. Theotokus the christians called her "God bearer".

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Is 9:6
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by Acidosis(m): 11:08am On Nov 22, 2013
italo:
So Jesus is not divine?
Jesus is divine.

Says you, not God. God said in Psalm 45:9 that the Queen stands at the right hand of God in heaven. Queen of where if not heaven?
Someone mentioned the words - "queen stands" and then you people placed Mary in that position..

Oga Sir, Pls show me the verse saying, MARY Mother of Jesus is the Queen of Heaven (or wife of God), sitting next to the Most High God

Until you're able to give me this, please desist from spreading falsehood, deceits, abominable ulterances that can invite the wrath of God upon you and your Mary apologists.

"But he being full of the Holy Ghost looked up steadfastly into heaven, and saw the [b]glory of God and Jesus standing on the right hand of God
And said, behold I see the heavens open and the Son of man standing on the right hand 1 of God" (Acts
7:55-56) [/b]

After Jesus ascended into Heaven, he authomatically became the SON of MAN (not pet of Mary)..

The Pet you carry about in the arms of your Mother goddess is not my own GOD..

God's judgment is coming soon.. do not invite his wrath upon yourself.

What about you picture of your mother carrying you as a baby...is it the goddess of the Sun too.

The picture of my mother carrying me as a baby is not to be worshipped..

Besides, I am no longer in the arms of my Mother..
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by Acidosis(m): 11:15am On Nov 22, 2013
Syncan: Please how does one argue with someone who is claiming that "the sun moves from east to west of the earth" in an astronomy forum.

So when people say "God of Sango" (thunder or so).. It authomatically means, they carry thunder about?
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by Syncan(m): 11:37am On Nov 22, 2013
Acidosis:

So when people say "God of Sango" (thunder or so).. It authomatically means, they carry thunder about?

If someone else could explain the import of this statement with respect to my post, I will be glad to respond.
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by italo: 12:32pm On Nov 22, 2013
Acidosis:
Jesus is divine.
This 'divine Jesus' mothered by Mary is God. No?
Acidosis: Someone mentioned the words - "queen stands" and then you people placed Mary in that position..

Oga Sir, Pls show me the verse saying, MARY Mother of Jesus is the Queen of Heaven (or wife of God), sitting next to the Most High God

Until you're able to give me this, please desist from spreading falsehood, deceits, abominable ulterances that can invite the wrath of God upon you and your Mary apologists.

"But he being full of the Holy Ghost looked up steadfastly into heaven, and saw the [b]glory of God and Jesus standing on the right hand of God
And said, behold I see the heavens open and the Son of man standing on the right hand 1 of God" (Acts
7:55-56) [/b]

After Jesus ascended into Heaven, he authomatically became the SON of MAN (not pet of Mary)..

The Pet you carry about in the arms of your Mother goddess is not my own GOD..

God's judgment is coming soon.. do not invite his wrath upon yourself.
You said "Queen of heaven" is an abominable title. I said God himself said The Queen is at the right hand of God in heaven.

Who is that Queen?
Acidosis: The picture of my mother carrying me as a baby is not to be worshipped..

Besides, I am no longer in the arms of my Mother..

How do we know you dont worship the picture?
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by Acidosis(m): 12:35pm On Nov 22, 2013
Syncan:

If someone else could explain the import of this statement with respect to my post, I will be glad to respond.

Well, that means I didn't get your previous post
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by Acidosis(m): 12:41pm On Nov 22, 2013
italo:

You said "Queen of heaven" is an abominable title. I said God himself said The Queen is at the right hand of God in heaven.

Who is that Queen?

Pls stick with the truth in the first post.
Thank you
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by italo: 12:53pm On Nov 22, 2013
Acidosis:

Pls stick with the truth in the first post.
Thank you

What truth?
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by vickyO(f): 1:07pm On Nov 22, 2013
italo:

Who is that Queen?

Where is the bolded in the Bible?
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by italo: 1:27pm On Nov 22, 2013
vickyO:
Where is the bolded in the Bible?

Psalm 46:9 was inspired by GOD the Holy Spirit.

No?
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by vickyO(f): 1:37pm On Nov 22, 2013
italo:

Psalm 46:9 was inspired by GOD the Holy Spirit.

No?
Yes, it was.
And the same Holy Spirit opened Stephen's eyes to see Christ seated at the right hand of God.
That Psalm isn't really about heaven (it could be an analogy). Revelations 10:1-10 contains how the Marriage supper of the Lamb will be.
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by Syncan(m): 2:52pm On Nov 22, 2013
Psalm 45:6-9 "Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre...upon thy right hand did stand the queen in gold of Ophir.

Heb 1:6 "And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
Heb 1:8 " But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom

Are these passages related?

Who is speaking?
Who is he talking to?
Where is the throne?
who stands at the right in gold of Ophir?
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by italo: 3:19pm On Nov 22, 2013
Pls answer those questions, Vicky.
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by vickyO(f): 5:57pm On Nov 22, 2013
Syncan: Psalm 45:6-9 "Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre...upon thy right hand did stand the queen in gold of Ophir.

Heb 1:6 "And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
Heb 1:8 " But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom

Are these passages related?

Who is speaking?
Who is he talking to?
Where is the throne?
who stands at the right in gold of Ophir?
Of course they are.
God through His vessels
Admonishing us
Heaven
A Queen.
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by Syncan(m): 6:12pm On Nov 22, 2013
vickyO:
Of course they are.
God through His vessels
Admonishing us
Heaven
A Queen.

Bravo Vicky, just a little highlight:

God (the father) was speaking

He was talking to His son (Jesus)

The throne is in heaven

In this heaven, there is a Queen.
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by vickyO(f): 6:20pm On Nov 22, 2013
Syncan:

Bravo Vicky, just a little highlight:

God (the father) was speaking

He was talking to His son (Jesus)

The throne is in heaven
In this heaven, there is a Queen.

And who did God say the Queen is?
Re: What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often? by Syncan(m): 6:24pm On Nov 22, 2013
vickyO:
And who did God say the Queen is?

Lets not be too fast Vicky, someone said

Acidosis: 'Mother' is not a title, 'Mother of God' & 'The Queen of Heaven' are forbiden and abominable titles..

The bolded is what I am dealing with now. From what you've answered, not minding who the queen is, is the bolded right?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Are There So Many Fake Churches And Pastors / Why Do Atheists Talk Badly About God But Never About The Evil One Satan?* / A Must Read ! These Quotes And 7 Facts Are Proof Of God's Existence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.