Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

YOUWIN 2013: Experiences & Tips! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / YOUWIN 2013: Experiences & Tips! (13884 Views)

Pictures of President Jonathan Inspecting an Aircraft Made by a Youth at YOUWIN / Questions You Will Answer In Youwin 2013 Business Plan Competition / Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

YOUWIN 2013: Experiences & Tips! by Farmafric(m): 9:32am On Nov 22, 2013
YOUWIN stand for Youth Enterprise with Innovation In Nigeria. The Youth Enterprise with Innovation in Nigeria (You WiN!) Programme is a collaboration of the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Communication Technology (CT), the Ministry of Youth Development and the Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development that will launch an annual Business Plan Competition (BPC) for aspiring young entrepreneurs in Nigeria, in line with the Federal Government’s drive to create more jobs for Nigerians. The programme will be implemented in partnership with Nigeria’s private sector, who will be requested to provide funding support. Winners will be selected from a large pool of applicants and they will be trained and thereafter write a second business plan. Final winners will be given grants between N1million to 10 million (FREE).

To participate, Register at: www.youwin.org.ng for tips on how to write an effective winning business plan, especially for Agriculture, send us an email: contact@farmergiantltd.com or visit our site for tips: www.farmergiantltd.com my blog also could help: pauladoyi.

1 Like

Re: YOUWIN 2013: Experiences & Tips! by Farmafric(m): 9:52am On Nov 22, 2013
You can contribute your tips or experience here. Let the chat begin!
Re: YOUWIN 2013: Experiences & Tips! by Farmafric(m): 12:48am On Nov 23, 2013
Tip 1. You must be a Nigerian, Less than 45 years with a post secondary education.
Tip 2. Register online at : www.youwin.org.ng
Re: YOUWIN 2013: Experiences & Tips! by bizfirst: 5:55am On Nov 23, 2013
...following closely!
Re: YOUWIN 2013: Experiences & Tips! by Farmafric(m): 8:30am On Nov 23, 2013
Tip 3. Existing businesses have better chances than non existing.
Tip 4. Competitions in densely populated state is more than less populated state. Quota applies.

1 Like

Re: YOUWIN 2013: Experiences & Tips! by planetuzor(m): 9:16pm On Nov 23, 2013
Confirm!!!
Re: YOUWIN 2013: Experiences & Tips! by Farmafric(m): 4:03am On Nov 24, 2013
Tip 5. Apply early.
Tip 6. Copy out the question, answer them online and then copy and paste from your PC.
Tip 7. Idea must be novel or an improvement on the norm and workable enough to impress the markers. ( Visit: www.farmergiantltd.com, for idea and writing examples for Agriculture. Face book page is Farm Afric)
Re: YOUWIN 2013: Experiences & Tips! by stagger: 3:28pm On Nov 24, 2013
Farmafric: Tip 3. Existing businesses has better chance than non existing.
Tip 4. Competitions in densely populated state is more than less populated state. Quota applies.

This is a huge lie. Stop deceiving people. Go and look at the list of people who won and compare the percentage of new and existing businesses.

1 Like

Re: YOUWIN 2013: Experiences & Tips! by Farmafric(m): 3:25am On Nov 25, 2013
stagger:

This is a huge lie. Stop deceiving people. Go and look at the list of people who won and compare the percentage of new and existing businesses.
Check this data:
Even though only 15% of 1st stage entries were existing businesses,
53% of winners are existing businesses.

The proportion of women winners was optimized using a stratified selection
approach.

17% of 1st stage entries were female entrepreneurs and that proportion
was maintained among the final winners.
I have my data, provide proofs!!!
Re: YOUWIN 2013: Experiences & Tips! by Farmafric(m): 3:31am On Nov 25, 2013
TIp 8. Think through your strength, weaknesses, competitive advantage, skills, relevant experiences, etc before you fill in the questions.
Re: YOUWIN 2013: Experiences & Tips! by Farmafric(m): 11:51am On Nov 25, 2013
Tip 9:Your ability to come out with a well-defined vision, goals and
future projections, your ability to show that you really understand the
business environment, target customers, the market, competitions, the risks and
how to mitigate, that your idea will solve problem and add value will surely
make you a merit YouWIN winner.
Re: YOUWIN 2013: Experiences & Tips! by Farmafric(m): 11:55am On Nov 25, 2013
Tip 10: For Agricultural entrepreneurs, visit :www.farmergiantltd.com and blogsite: pauladoyi. and read samples of business plans to effective aid you as you write.

1 Like

Re: YOUWIN 2013: Experiences & Tips! by Farmafric(m): 2:55pm On Nov 25, 2013
Tip 11:YouWin wants to create jobs, hence your business plan should make room for job creation. Pl

1 Like

Re: YOUWIN 2013: Experiences & Tips! by omanifrank(m): 3:04pm On Nov 25, 2013
NO STRESS
Re: YOUWIN 2013: Experiences & Tips! by mcdokwe(m): 3:13pm On Nov 25, 2013
nice thread. #following
Re: YOUWIN 2013: Experiences & Tips! by gbenguze: 3:23pm On Nov 25, 2013
Do you have a business idea and all you need to start or expand is "CAPITAL"? The opportunity is right here. The YouWiN! initiative can make the whole difference. Don't miss out, it's REAL!
Join Nqb8 Ltd for a 2-day training that will give you that road map to success you most desire to have. LIMITED seats available
Date: December 2nd and 3rd (choose convenient days).
Venue: Nqb8 (training room) No 1 Ogunnusi street, osunsina house, 2nd floor, suite 3.
send an email to info@nqb8group.com
Re: YOUWIN 2013: Experiences & Tips! by checkdate(m): 3:24pm On Nov 25, 2013
Please do not post adverts in this section, to
avoid being banned.

1 Like

Re: YOUWIN 2013: Experiences & Tips! by Adesam09(m): 3:33pm On Nov 25, 2013
Ok
Re: YOUWIN 2013: Experiences & Tips! by nigflue: 3:34pm On Nov 25, 2013
Nice thread, sandalili.com will run extensively on what you need to be successful with YOUWIN tomorrow, just watch out.
Re: YOUWIN 2013: Experiences & Tips! by Farmafric(m): 3:52pm On Nov 25, 2013
SWOT ANALYSIS
Thorough SWOT analysis is very important. Knowing your strength,
Your Weakness, Opportunities, and Threats is very, very important because
YouWIN will look out for this.

In your SWOT analysis, you should be able to identify your
strength, your weakness, opportunities and threats.
Re: YOUWIN 2013: Experiences & Tips! by fagin1982(m): 3:53pm On Nov 25, 2013
Funny everyone now is a Consultant on writing Biz Plan and direct people to thr site just to increase traffic on their blogs ..Please If you can't honestly share your ideas on forum and want everyone of us to vist you page ,please bounce

80% of past winners got it without visiting pages , .

Simple advice ....Go the extra mile , task your brain , come up with a viable plan , even if its not a new idea , create a new life into the plan ....take your time develop a short and intelligent answe to most of the Questions

Do you feasibility to ...Stay focused and pray hard ,and it ll be a success

It hurts so bad to see people advertise how they have made millions for others

My brother , millionaires are busy making money not arguing on online forums

Share your idea or STFU

10 Likes

Re: YOUWIN 2013: Experiences & Tips! by Farmafric(m): 3:58pm On Nov 25, 2013
Tip 12: write plan with an intent to solve a societal Problem. Be genuine and truthful. The Markers are human, they can feel your pulse. YOUWIN is real.
We at FARMERGIANT NIG LIMITED. Will offer mentorship to young farmers especially those on poultry at no cost.

1 Like

Re: YOUWIN 2013: Experiences & Tips! by NET1(m): 4:15pm On Nov 25, 2013
I won in the maiden edition of YouWIN.

My Business plan was on Information and Communications Technology. I do business in Port Harcourt. In our own time, there were 2 stages, the first stage was where they asked us general questions about the kind of business you are doing/want to do.

I told them that it was a Sole Proprietorship business that I had been running for about 3 years before that time. I explained that the business was growing but seriously needed funding (as the banks were not helping at all).

I told them that I was deeply committed to doing this business. I explained the 4 branches where I expected to reap 'better' money if they helped me with more funding viz:
Internet Service Provision
IT Training
Cloud Computing
Web/Application Development

I made them realize that I was already making profits in the business as at then, but was not satisfied with the level of profit, therefore I needed more money to delve into the areas I listed above.

On the management of my business, I told them that I was the most active person running the business and employed just 2 other people (Actually, this was true). As at that time, I had 2 young people (boy and girl) doing Internship with me. They had just left Secondary School. I did not have to pay them much, but they were happy.

Since my business was based on providing services, I did not offer any off-the-shelf products.

One question they asked was the things that mitigate my business and I told them that Funding was part of the problem. Another problem is Steady Power Supply in Naija. If you are into ICT, you should know how Power affects our business.

There were some other questions they asked us sha, but I cannot remember them all.

2 weeks after submitting, they told me that I had passed the 1st stage and was qualified to go to Benin, Edo State for a training. At the training, I was allowed to sell my idea to a gathering of over 600 people. I think they liked my business idea. Mehn, they taught us a lot of things o.

After the training, we were asked to then submit a holistic plan for the Business (Cash-Flow Projection, Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Demographic Analysis, etc).

Later today, I might talk about the second stage, where you have to submit things like Cash-Flow Projection, Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Demographic Analysis, etc.

They offered me 10M sha.

.NET

13 Likes

Re: YOUWIN 2013: Experiences & Tips! by Farmafric(m): 4:18pm On Nov 25, 2013
Tip 13: Every business has potential threat. Identify the threat in your chosen business field, elucidate how you can control those loops.
Re: YOUWIN 2013: Experiences & Tips! by Sunglow: 4:22pm On Nov 25, 2013
fagin1982: Funny everyone now is a Consultant on writing Biz Plan and direct people to thr site just to increase traffic on their blogs ..Please If you can't honestly share your ideas on forum and want everyone of us to vist you page ,please bounce

Simple advice ....Go the extra mile , task your brain , come up with a viable plan , even if its not a new idea , create a new life into the plan ....take your time develop a short and intelligent answe to most of the Questions

Share your idea or STFU
Don't mind them,all of them telling you to buy one eBook or another.

1 Like

Re: YOUWIN 2013: Experiences & Tips! by Sunglow: 4:25pm On Nov 25, 2013
.NET:
I won in the maiden edition of YouWIN.

My Business plan was on Information and Communications Technology. I do business in Port Harcourt. In our own time, there were 2 stages, the first stage was where they asked us general questions about the kind of business you are doing/want to do.

I told them that it was a Sole Proprietorship business that I had been running for about 3 years before that time. I explained that the business was growing but seriously needed funding (as the banks were not helping at all).

I told them that I was deeply committed to doing this business. I explained the 4 branches where I expected to reap 'better' money if they helped me with more funding viz:
Internet Service Provision
IT Training
Cloud Computing
Web/Application Development

I made them realize that I was already making profits in the business as at then, but was not satisfied with the level of profit, therefore I needed more money to delve into the areas I listed above.

On the management of my business, I told them that I was the most active person running the business and employed just 2 other people (Actually, this was true). As at that time, I had 2 young people (boy and girl) doing Internship with me. They had just left Secondary School. I did not have to pay them much, but they were happy.

Since my business was based on providing services, I did not offer any off-the-shelf products.

One question they asked was the things that mitigate my business and I told them that Funding was part of the problem. Another problem is Steady Power Supply in Naija. If you are into ICT, you should know how Power affects our business.

There were some other questions they asked us sha, but I cannot remember them all.

2 weeks after submitting, they told me that I had passed the 1st stage and was qualified to go to Benin, Edo State for a training. At the training, I was allowed to sell my idea to a gathering of over 600 people. I think they liked my business idea. Mehn, they taught us a lot of things o.

After the training, we were asked to then submit a holistic plan for the Business (Cash-Flow Projection, Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Demographic Analysis, etc).

Later today, I might talk about the second stage, where you have to submit things like Cash-Flow Projection, Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Demographic Analysis, etc

.NET
Thanks for sharing.will be expecting
more
Re: YOUWIN 2013: Experiences & Tips! by tomakint: 5:13pm On Nov 25, 2013
God bless Jonathan, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and other crew on this laudable and liberating Initiative!

3 Likes

Re: YOUWIN 2013: Experiences & Tips! by LEvuls(m): 5:33pm On Nov 25, 2013
O boy eeee! walaahi i don drop this my yahoozee for the 10mill . honestly my 6years experience on yahoozee don hammer me dis money
Re: YOUWIN 2013: Experiences & Tips! by awodman: 5:33pm On Nov 25, 2013
See how a thread about efforts to create jobs for the youth is scanty..but if na to curse GEJ all of una for don full here..bunch of dolts!

8 Likes

Re: YOUWIN 2013: Experiences & Tips! by stagger: 5:57pm On Nov 25, 2013
fagin1982: Funny everyone now is a Consultant on writing Biz Plan and direct people to thr site just to increase traffic on their blogs ..Please If you can't honestly share your ideas on forum and want everyone of us to vist you page ,please bounce

Share your idea or STFU

Shebi I talk am for another thread and I started getting abuses from the people concerned. Nigerians know how to turn every opportunity into an avenue for profiteering from others. There was a time it was VISA lottery. Then it was foreign university admissions. Thank God the United States government curtailed the madness that follows the visa lottery applications by disqualifying Nigeria.

Tomorrow they will come with another thing.

1 Like

Re: YOUWIN 2013: Experiences & Tips! by UyiIredia(m): 6:11pm On Nov 25, 2013
awodman: See how a thread about efforts to create jobs for the youth is scanty..but if na to curse GEJ all of una for don full here..bunch of dolts!

I am a youth and I'm here. But your point is very much noted. It shows the youth are equally unserious about the future of this country. They prolly to busy dancing to 'Caro' etc etc.

2 Likes

Re: YOUWIN 2013: Experiences & Tips! by Farmafric(m): 6:12pm On Nov 25, 2013
Tip 14: utilize the spaces provided to share the vision of the business. The wordings should genuinely showcase your passion as well skill.
I write from experience; last edition saw us aid some women with good idea scale through. This year we hope to still aid persons with good ideas, particularly in Agriculture see their dream come through. Study our Free online Business Plans for FREE and call us if you need help. The sites are on this signature!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Make Loads Of Money As A Social Media Influencer / Italy Oil Firm, ENI To Repair Port Harcourt Refinery / Alternative Way To Make Payment In China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.