Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,861 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

What Choice Would You Take If Science Gives You The Oppurtunity To Live Forever? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Choice Would You Take If Science Gives You The Oppurtunity To Live Forever? (512 Views)

Assuming If Science Takes Religious Process Of Learning. / Was Man Originally Created To Live & Die Or Live Forever? / Why Do We Humans Die, Why Cant We Live Forever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Choice Would You Take If Science Gives You The Oppurtunity To Live Forever? by esere826: 10:07am On Nov 22, 2013
grin Ahahahahah

Many years ago, i read about how the christian establishment in early times
fought against the adoption of pain killers for women during child birth
They believed that God's will was that women suffer during childbirth as a punishment for Eve's sin

...of course, that believe no longer holds water in mainstream xtian views
infact now from the pulpit, the desire for painless birth by women is supported wholesale
So you and your MOG are now quick to proclaim":
"may you give birth as easilly as the israelite women"
Re: What Choice Would You Take If Science Gives You The Oppurtunity To Live Forever? by esere826: 10:13am On Nov 22, 2013
I know that modern day xtians are quick to rebuke science's desire to defy death

..but just imagine for one minute, that science does find a way of preventing death by regenerating our tissues
-imagine that the drug has been tested successfully by someone who is now 1500 years old
-imagine that the drug is a limited edition, which for the next 80 years, can only be administered to no more than 3000 people globally

The question is:
1) would you take it?
2) Would you wait for your pastor to take it first before you do?
3) Would you rather die so that you will be with God in heaven?
3) Would you be in a hurry to wage jihad and take your life for what is on the other side?

**quickly grabs his own from the shelf** wink
Re: What Choice Would You Take If Science Gives You The Oppurtunity To Live Forever? by liloelawwal(m): 10:20am On Nov 22, 2013
longevity doesnt make sense to me.y do i ve to live so long??
Wat am i enjoyin dat i dnt want to let go?
i can only take it if dis world is devoid of evil,suffering n diseases
Re: What Choice Would You Take If Science Gives You The Oppurtunity To Live Forever? by GeneralShepherd(m): 10:22am On Nov 22, 2013
How do you expect people to hold a meaningful discussion on an imaginary drug? We haven't finished dealing with our imaginary gods!
Re: What Choice Would You Take If Science Gives You The Oppurtunity To Live Forever? by esere826: 10:28am On Nov 22, 2013
GeneralShepherd: How do you expect people to hold a meaningful discussion on an imaginary drug? We haven't finished dealing with our imaginary gods!

I think imaginations are good stimulating intellectual excercise o
offcourse, people that are suffering might find it hard to imagine further than their bellies
But thank God for you and I, ...we have food, and we can eat

besides, everything that is (both tangible and intangible)
is a product of someone's imagination
i am sure you're aware of this
Re: What Choice Would You Take If Science Gives You The Oppurtunity To Live Forever? by esere826: 10:30am On Nov 22, 2013
liloelawwal: longevity doesnt make sense to me.y do i ve to live so long??
Wat am i enjoyin dat i dnt want to let go?
i can only take it if dis world is devoid of evil,suffering n diseases

Right, I take it from your answer that your goal is for 'bliss'
in other words, if you can be anywhere where there is 'bliss'
then you're alright

Do u agree with me on this?

(1) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional Tuesday, December 3rd 2013 / Cults Dominating Christianity/christendom. / Ex-can President Kidnapped By Gunmen In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.