Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,350 members, 7,780,945 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:02 AM

"Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" (39007 Views)

IGR: 5 Reasons Why Northern States Perform Poorly / Why Northern Senators Opposed Petroleum Industry Bill / Why Northern States Can’t Pay Minimum Wage, By Zamfara Gov . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by Ediss(m): 7:41pm On Nov 23, 2013
am don reading when are we writing thé exam .

1 Like

Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by eyenCalabar(m): 7:41pm On Nov 23, 2013
Is this man really a Muslim/Hausa person? I can't just believe what am reading. But let me continue...
Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by BetaThings: 7:46pm On Nov 23, 2013
utumunta:

Buhari never forgave his enemies. He wanted dikko by all means. This is not denying the corruption inherent in that govt, no matter how infinitesimal.
On a last note: it is a shame that we are still talking about this buhari today.
So we like people who speak from the heart?
As for forgiveness, we don't know for certain what Dikko did to Buhari

Did Jonathan forgive Ogbulafor for confirming that there is zoning in PDP's procedures
Did he forgive Nwodo
Did he forgive Sylva
Did he forgive Salami?
Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 23, 2013
I have said it on this forum that some Old,senile,disgruntled,pained,relevance-seeking and charlatans have been systematically commissioned by a jittery GEJ to engage in HISTORICAL REVISIONISM(attempting to rewrite history,albeit with a motive to sell and distort it for a selfish and pre-programmed end)

Whoever that is smart and discerning would have seen the frequency and serpentine manner with which these individuals(Yesterday's men) try to pontificate over a matter with a fake solomonic eyewitness account of what happened in the past

But a cursory look at their body language will tell one that they seem to have been commissioned for a revenge and hatchet job against personalities who were hitherto responsible for their political mystery

Whoever that is bitter with Buhari should go to Katsina and invite him out for a bout of pugilism or If peradventure Tinubu was responsible for delivering the killer punch into the Political coffin of some latter days rabblerousers such as these,they should go and cry at the main gate of his Bourdillon Apartment rather than attempt to feed us with lies seasoned with heavy dosage of idiocy

If you allege someone,prove it or forever hold yr peace Alh Tanko Yakassai!
Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by Nobody: 7:50pm On Nov 23, 2013
can someone please summarize the long post please.

someone once said "daft ones don't read long posts "
Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by collinsJn(m): 7:56pm On Nov 23, 2013
The Little I Read,Wow......... So intresting.
But Damn It,Itz Too Lengthy. This wasn't what Jesus died For. Can SomeOne Sumarize Dis Ish.................... Pls.
Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by holyvirgin: 8:00pm On Nov 23, 2013
I always knew that the yoruba politicians had eyes on 2015 when they would produce the president, thus supporting ribadu in 2011 despite knowing he won't win. Inturn the northerners would support the westerners instead of any southerner come 2015.
Apc is trying so had to woo the G7 governors and once they(g7) move pdp has lost more northern states to the westerners.
Politics indeed is for the smart ones
Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by sonofanarchy(m): 8:03pm On Nov 23, 2013
Wetin concern me

Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 23, 2013
That is now a trivial issue.
Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by Shine1177: 8:13pm On Nov 23, 2013
Those calling General Buhari their messiah should read this piece. That guy is anti-democrat!
Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by Enetim(m): 8:15pm On Nov 23, 2013
D article z gud,4 mature minded peeps
Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:17pm On Nov 23, 2013
striker9: Where's my body Armor?
Destroyed
Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by klas(m): 8:22pm On Nov 23, 2013
[b]SUMMARY

First segment
How the Northern Peoples Congress won the 1959 Federal election without fielding a single candidate in the whole South and how Awolowo seeing the reality of the indomitability of the North planned to wrest power through coup since south can never defeat the north in a democratic election.

Second segment
Why the northern elders smuggled Yar'adua in with the connivance of the army chief without the knowledge of GEJ because they feared the southern acting president might do what Biya (a Cameroonian southern acting president) did to Ahidjo (an ailing Cameroonian northern substantive president) in the 80s

Third segment
Ekwueme hates the whole north with passion and that was why the north also paid him back in full measure during the pdp presidential primaries in 1999. He averred that Ekwueme was silly to believe that the 1983 buhari coup was targeted at him and not Shagari and that Ekwueme championed the idea of six geo-political zones in 1995 conference to split the north.
[/b]

5 Likes

Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by StanA(m): 8:24pm On Nov 23, 2013
Wish our leaders become honest and dedicated.
Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by pinkrex(m): 8:38pm On Nov 23, 2013
Buhari denied his coup plotting plans to Lar and even assured Shagari, when this text reveals the opposite..and he keeps rabbling about 'honesty and integrity'?

1 Like

Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by festadeboyeku(m): 8:43pm On Nov 23, 2013
Just passing by..
Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 23, 2013
LOST IN TRANSLATION

AS USUAL: 3 sides of a story
Your side of d story, Awolowo's side of d story, D truth

Your side of d story, Buhari's side of d story, D truth

Your side of d story, Ekwueme's side of d story, D truth.

Which other person did he diss I didn't remember d name?

#Bar man, anoda bottle of #HERO Lager Beer(mmanya anyi)
Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by Nobody: 8:47pm On Nov 23, 2013
these northern idiats are bunch of clown. See this old man lying to the grave to cover up conspiracy.

The coup that toppled shagari is an northern agenda to perpetuate itself in power. It was a purely a political conspiracy against Ndigbo.

Why will a sitting president, fully aware that a coup is in the offing, play cool with the northern treason adventurers by wearing bullet proof all over the place?

Why didn't he gather the suspected coupist, try them according to the law of the land and if they are found guilty, let justice prevail accordingly. Rather, he treat it with kid gloves.

This country has never been one and can never be. GEJ don't have the balls but bet me, Nigeria seize to exist the day an ibo man grabs power.
Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by whitehawk(m): 9:01pm On Nov 23, 2013
On PARLIAMENTARY ELECTIONS

During the elections of 1959, the Action Group made some calculations to the effect that if they can get Yoruba votes, the minorities in the north and some part of the east, they would be the biggest party at the time. And because the country was practicing a parliamentary system at the time, the party with the highest number of parliamentarians forms the government.

NPC on the other hand, also made its own calculations and realise that more than half the people of Nigeria were in the north. So it did not field even a single candidate in the South; they just stayed in the north and worked hard to have full control of the region.

ON APC
The Yoruba have foresight, in the last election, they supported Ribadu, but they honestly knew he could not win. You also knew he could not win, I knew he could not win, in fact even Ribadu knew he could not win, and because they knew he could not win, they did not even bother to vote for him.

Yes, what I want you to understand is that they were just using us. They supported Ribadu because they knew he would not win, and they would not even vote for him. And now, they would still support another northern candidate, whether he wins or not, they don’t care. In fact they already knew it cannot be won.

But in the election that would follow the next one, it may be their turn to produce the candidate, do you think there is a northerner that would not support a Yoruba candidate? And by then, the Yoruba folk would come out en masse to vote for one of their own.

ON BUHARI

Generally the idea is that Buhari had been planning to topple Shagari even before Shagari was sworn in !!.

In the book I was telling you about, they said Obasanjo told Umaru Shinkafi, that shortly after the election of 1979, some military officers went to him and informed him not to hand over to Shagari. Obasanjo told them that he had already told the world he was going to hand over power, and that he inherited the office, after a coup attempt that was not successful. He stated that his predecessor promised to hand over, and it means he must hand over.

Obasanjo also told them that he has initiated an election process which was successful. Shagari won, people went to court and he won there as well. ‘So on what grounds should I tell the world I would not hand over to him? Who do you even want me to hand over to? And they said, ’hand over to Buhari’!’
So even before power was handed over to Shagari, the military attempted to steal it and hand over to Buhari. So it wasn’t about bribery and corruption or not to hand over to Alex Ekwueme. I am not the first person to say this; the boys who published Shagari’s book said it first. But, I have also relayed it in my book. And I will give you a copy to go and read.
Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by Daare: 9:09pm On Nov 23, 2013
Summary
-----------------
Obasanjo is the Don and he played for safety.

Babangida was a good student and developed his skills to the level of a mastermind.

Buhari is not a decisive person. A trait that is unique to all the Political Masterminds on this piece and the world over.

It is good to seek the advice of veterans. Notice how he chose the timing of the coup to avoid the heat Awo would have put on them.

we should learn not to burn bridges. We can all see how Uncle Alex needed the bridge in 99

And notice the new mastermind on the block. ABAT. The Lion of Bourdillon, Ekun oko Obasanjo.
Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by firstolalekan(m): 9:12pm On Nov 23, 2013
WTF!
Abeg wu get summary?
Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by mu2sa2: 9:26pm On Nov 23, 2013
None of them is a saint. Yes Shagari govt was corrupt - only that the level of corruption was not as high compared with now. lronsi and his fellow tribesmen plotted coup and unleashed one-sided murder. Gowon, murtala, Buhari , Babagida all plotted coups. They all had civilians working for them e.g Prof Ben Nwabueze who's now claiming sainthood wined and dined with brutal dictator Babangida as education minister. They are all the same. Only God can rescue Nigerians from the hands of their leaders.

1 Like

Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by nagoma(m): 9:30pm On Nov 23, 2013
bloggernaija: [/b]That was when Action Group officials realised that as long as the north continued to hold that numerical advantage, no Southerner would ever become successful. Upon realising that they cannot form the government through election, they began to scheme on how to topple the government, which led to the arrest of the leader of the Action Group and his lieutenants. They were prosecuted and imprisoned[b]
You can imagine how some people turn history on its head.
Accusing other people for your own crime.
A crime you actually committed.
What happened in the western region was a civilian coup d'état .
the popular will of the people made them rise up.
And karma eventually caught up with those who carried it out.
Another thing is that the north never held any numerical advantage
They won via rigging ,intimidation etc.
It is not surprising that these conservative politician never seem to win elections ,inspite of all their rigging,
In urban areas;
Towns and cities.
They always conjure up vote in rural areas away from prying eyes.

You forget that Awolowo was tried and convicted for that coup and was in prison for treason?
Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by wogorparadise: 9:37pm On Nov 23, 2013
annawhite: I'm lost,please how do I get to the food section
I'm a calabar woman.....ill come back to this section the day nigerian will vote for a calabar president tongue tongue
eka abadie mbok u hv a fan, afobammo,
Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by Nobody: 9:43pm On Nov 23, 2013
Italiano1: Rubbish! GEJ must be even more morbidly imbecilic than I thought if he didn't realize that Yardua had passed away or that his body was in Nigeria. He was the V.P and would have been briefed or he would have heard snippets of the event. Of course he knew everything but was just too cowardly to engage in a battle with Turai, hence why he waited for Wole Soyinka to campaign on his behalf.

Anyone who thinks they have a strong, determined President is in denial.
Gej showed wisdom during that period.... most people would have fought for what was theirs but one of th3 laws of power is "do not wrestle thy master". Atleast, its donw in hiwtory that gej wasn't agitating for power. It came naturally to him

2 Likes

Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by Daare: 9:43pm On Nov 23, 2013
firstolalekan: WTF!
Abeg wu get summary?

Pele Olalekan, go and buy the books.
Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by Nobody: 10:04pm On Nov 23, 2013
They feared he wudnt have been allowed to come back if his VP(Gej)and cabinet members were told but sincerely I don't see GEJ ever doing sometin like that but Buhari wud have done it despite yaradua being a muslim.

mustaphagreens: @op, why was dying yar'adua sneaked into the country?? Just in a sentence pls smiley

2 Likes

Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by Adetula1(m): 10:06pm On Nov 23, 2013
[b][/b]
condralbede: Can one guru summarize this pls?
Buhari should not be trusted. undecided
condralbede: Can one guru summarize this pls?
Buhari should not be trusted.

1 Like

Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by confusion247(m): 10:10pm On Nov 23, 2013
It is all about power and who occupy aso rock. Nigeria is not one and can never be.
Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by Nobody: 10:24pm On Nov 23, 2013
Yes, what I want you to understand is that they were just using us. They supported Ribadu because they knew he would not win, and they would not even vote for him. And now, they would still support another northern candidate, whether he wins or not, they don’t care. In fact they already knew it cannot be won.

But in the election that would follow the next one, it may be their turn to produce the candidate, do you think there is a northerner that would not support a Yoruba candidate? And by then, the Yoruba folk would come out en masse to vote for one of their own

^^^^^ grin grin grin grin Yoruba's are smart ar.ses and supreme technicians when it comes to politics!!

Salute!! grin

I need some of that sneaky brain in my life - I'm too real!! undecided
Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by pazienza(m): 10:26pm On Nov 23, 2013
holyvirgin: I always knew that the yoruba politicians had eyes on 2015 when they would produce the president, thus supporting ribadu in 2011 despite knowing he won't win. Inturn the northerners would support the westerners instead of any southerner come 2015.
Apc is trying so had to woo the G7 governors and once they(g7) move pdp has lost more northern states to the westerners.
Politics indeed is for the smart ones

Nothing is smart about Yoruba treachery, not when the wise men in the east are already aware of their schemes,their treachery had already lost it's potency, which was the element of surprise they spring on people too trusting of them, without this potency, i don't see anything smart about Yoruba schemes.

Everyone knew the game the yorubas were playing when they were shouting Ribadu and Buhari. If everyone can easily see through your plan, then you are not as smart as you think, you are.

4 Likes

Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by highmood(m): 10:32pm On Nov 23, 2013
lincolnj88: .why bringing out issues which are not relevant.......
Let bygone be bygone
no. Sometimes one need to look at the past to predict and even plan for the future. Else one is bound to make mistakes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Amaechi Told Me About APC Leaders Emergency Meeting With Buhari-Dele Momodu / Aisha Buhari Spotted Campaigning For Her Husband In Daura / Buhari And AbdulRahman Abdulrazaq During Their CPC Days (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.