Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,235 members, 7,807,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:10 PM

Can The Christian Section Be As Quiet As The Muslim Section? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Can The Christian Section Be As Quiet As The Muslim Section? (1930 Views)

20 Inventions Falsely Credited To The Muslim World / Advice For The Muslim Sisters Before You Say I Do / Big Time Debate: The True Followers Of Jesus Are The Muslim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can The Christian Section Be As Quiet As The Muslim Section? by Cayon(f): 9:04pm On Jul 20, 2008
I was surfing in the Islam for Muslims section and it is so quiet there that  one can hear a pin drop.  In the Christian section, we are always ready to curse each other out for difference of opinion.
Re: Can The Christian Section Be As Quiet As The Muslim Section? by AKO1(m): 9:07pm On Jul 20, 2008
The RELIGION section and the MUSLIM section.

Doesn't that sound awkward to you?
Re: Can The Christian Section Be As Quiet As The Muslim Section? by tpia: 12:41am On Jul 21, 2008
no, the Christian section doesnt have to be as quiet as the Mus'lim section.

Christians and Mus'lims are not the same, and besides, there's no need to try and mix the two.

As to quietness and agreement: Iran and Iraq are both Mus'lim countries but are at loggerheads with each other.

I checked the Mus'lim section the other day and they were on the lookout for any Ahmadiyyas in their midst. undecided

maybe they're quiet because they're all the same denomination so far. undecided
Re: Can The Christian Section Be As Quiet As The Muslim Section? by olabowale(m): 12:21pm On Jul 21, 2008
@Tpia:

As to quietness and agreement: Iran and Iraq are both Mus'lim countries but are at loggerheads with each other.
And the fingerprints of the non-muslims can be see all over it. Just imagine what the big deal is that the west is against the muslims reestablishing the office of the Kalifah? You have Nato, European Union, Nafta, etc. But no one wants the muslims to get together and be one body, with their own relationship and minigovernment body. Think about that.

I checked the Mus'lim section the other day and they were on the lookout for any Ahmadiyyas in their midst.
The reason you saw that is because of the position of the founder of Ahmadiyyan movement. His name was Ahmad, hence the movement. Its just like Christianity. Its named after a human being. Its artificial. But its claim as a prophet, etc is the major problem. Just as wer consider Christianity to be fake, so is the consideration given to the Ahmadiyyah movement. The Shia sect that you could have said is very strange even does not have a concept of anyone being a prophet after Muhammad (AS). (Shia means sect or group).

maybe they're quiet because they're all the same denomination so far.
We disagree. Our disagreement is only in matters where people are wrong. Especially in the core of Islamic belief. A person can not say anything new about the number of Rakah in any salah. It will not be allowed to survive because Islam already has an established quantity about each of them. It is from Muhammad, directly among mankind. Christianity don't have that. Let me make myself clear about what Christianity don't have:

From the Bible Jesus is reported to have said in Mark 12 Verse 29, just like prophets before him, among the Children of Israel: Your Lord and my Lord is but One God. Also who to worship, alone; God. Then you have the laws, including the 10 commandments, which just declared that he came to fulfill each one of them and not to abolish any. He encouraged later generations of those who would follow his movement to fulfill and discouraged the same people from abolishing the littliest from the law. Abolishing will lead to the position of being the least in the Kingdom of Heaven.

But then, in other verses of the Bible, we read the post Jesus crowd postulating that he is god, lord and hence they developed a strange phenomenon around it, bebringing out a concept of Trinity. rinity a word that never appears any where in the pages of the Bible; both old and new testament sections. I wonder if your name is not Tpia in your Profile, would Nairaland organization let you post entries? Would any of us know your name, your nature or what to call you? Could I have been able to respond to your entry, as I am doing, now, specifically directing it to you, by name? Think about it, for a moment.
Re: Can The Christian Section Be As Quiet As The Muslim Section? by KunleOshob(m): 12:25pm On Jul 21, 2008
Were is the christian section shocked, i am yet to come across it on Nairaland
Re: Can The Christian Section Be As Quiet As The Muslim Section? by Mustay(m): 1:26pm On Jul 21, 2008
@ ola

wink
Re: Can The Christian Section Be As Quiet As The Muslim Section? by tpia: 1:32pm On Jul 21, 2008
see them patting themselves on the back. grin grin
Re: Can The Christian Section Be As Quiet As The Muslim Section? by javalove(m): 3:59pm On Jul 21, 2008
because the xtians have so much differences and the muslims dont
cos the the doings of their leaders is questionable, so they spend time analysing it: some for, and some against.
cos the doctrines of xtianity itself would arouse criticisms: some for, some against

Musim Forum
==========

We r united
No doctrines wahala
No case of muslim leaders misbehaving

i sit to be corrected cheesy
Re: Can The Christian Section Be As Quiet As The Muslim Section? by Mustay(m): 4:01pm On Jul 21, 2008
tpia:

see them patting themselves on the back. grin grin

What do u want?

stab ourselves at the back? tongue grin
Re: Can The Christian Section Be As Quiet As The Muslim Section? by javalove(m): 4:16pm On Jul 21, 2008
Mustay:

What do u want?

stab ourselves at the back? tongue grin

no mind dem jare my brother. dey wished dey had our kinds if relationship cheesy

Islam All The Way !!!
Re: Can The Christian Section Be As Quiet As The Muslim Section? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 21, 2008
javalove:

because the xtians have so much differences and the muslims don't
because the the doings of their leaders is questionable, so they spend time analysing it: some for, and some against.
because the doctrines of xtianity itself would arouse criticisms: some for, some against

Musim Forum
==========

We r united
No doctrines wahala
No case of muslim leaders misbehaving

i sit to be corrected cheesy
I would correct you, the reason the muslim section is more quiet than the other section is because muslim youths have found other ways to express themselves like terrorism, arson,oprresive, jihadist and other militant forms of expressions. Rather than intellectual forums like the were they would not be able to contribute meaningfully cos while their mates were getting properly educated in western schools, they were busy learning kewu.
Re: Can The Christian Section Be As Quiet As The Muslim Section? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 21, 2008
the muslim question seems quiet for the following reasons:
- The vast majority of them dont really understand the quran and have nothing besides over-used talking points they learnt fromthe Imaam.
- The average muslim has been raised NEVER to question his religion even in the face of glaring errors.
- The usual anti-christian threads were muslims seem to thrive are not here.
Re: Can The Christian Section Be As Quiet As The Muslim Section? by Mustay(m): 4:59pm On Jul 21, 2008
davidylan:

- The vast majority of them don't really understand the quran and have nothing besides over-used talking points they learnt fromthe Imaam.

How many Imams bring their teachings without reference to the 'qur'an'?

davidylan:

- The average muslim has been raised NEVER to question his religion even in the face of glaring errors.

You could visit the mosque and question the Imam if you think his eachings contains errors. BTw, stop generalizing what you're not sure of.

In the mosques I go to for friay jumah, especially in the uni, the Imam urges people to discuss about issues he has preached about and no Imam claims to be the know-it-all for his knowledge.

davidylan:

Re: Can The Christian Section Be As Quiet As The Muslim Section? by mukina2: 5:01pm On Jul 21, 2008
Jagoon:

I would correct you, the reason the muslim section is more quiet than the other section is because muslim youths have found other ways to express themselves like terrorism, arson,oprresive, jihadist and other militant forms of expressions. Rather than intellectual forums like the were they would not be able to contribute meaningfully because while their mates were getting properly educated in western schools, they were busy learning kewu.
clap for yourself

davidylan:

- The vast majority of them don't really understand the quran and have nothing besides over-used talking points they learnt fromthe Imaam.

1, you are wrong there, if  the vast majority do not understand the Quran then why are they called muslims? no Sir, we talk about things in our religion daily, people learn daily so there is always things to talk about, plus there are fewer muslims here but we make it peaceful

2, this is pure stereotype

3, maybe you should change that to,  The usual anti-Islamic threads were Christians seem to thrive are not here wink
Re: Can The Christian Section Be As Quiet As The Muslim Section? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 21, 2008
mukina2:

1, you are wrong there, if the vast majority do not understand the Quran then why are they called muslims? no Sir, we talk about things in our religion daily, people learn daily so there is always things to talk about, plus there are fewer muslims here but we make it peaceful

There are millions of "christians" who have never read the bible so thats not new.

mukina2:

2, this is pure stereotype

I very much doubt it.

mukina2:

3, maybe you should change that to, The usual anti-Islamic threads were Christians seem to thrive are not here wink

Not really, even without muslim threads on the religion section there is still 150% more activity there than here.
Re: Can The Christian Section Be As Quiet As The Muslim Section? by Mustay(m): 5:09pm On Jul 21, 2008
davidylan:

Not really, even without muslim threads on the religion section there is[b] still 150% more activity [/b]there than here.

Is the poster hyper-active

If there's so much Activity on the other board, why are you bothered with the inactivity here?
Re: Can The Christian Section Be As Quiet As The Muslim Section? by mukina2: 5:12pm On Jul 21, 2008
davidylan:

Not really, even without muslim threads on the religion section there is still 150% more activity there than here.

There are very few muslim posters compared to the ones on the religion section, so there wlil definitely  be more activity there than here.
we are not complaning are we? tongue
Re: Can The Christian Section Be As Quiet As The Muslim Section? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jul 21, 2008
Mustay:

Is the poster hyper-active

If there's so much Activity on the other board, why are you bothered with the inactivity here?

Not "bothered", i just happened to come across the topic and decided to leave my 2 cents. Nothing wrong with that is there?
Re: Can The Christian Section Be As Quiet As The Muslim Section? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 21, 2008
mukina2:

There are very few muslim posters compared to the ones on the religion section, so there wlil definitely be more activity there than here.
we are not complaning are we? tongue

1. Its not about numbers. There are a lot of muslims here, they just have nothing to say most of the time apart from crying about being bashed. There are not that many catholics either but they have a thriving thread of their own.

2. No u're not complaining, it however smacks of insincerity when muslims like babs start straying over to the other section to leave their usual anti-christian falsehoods. Why dont they stay here and talk of the quran?
Re: Can The Christian Section Be As Quiet As The Muslim Section? by javaprince(m): 5:15pm On Jul 21, 2008
@davidylan
Doin wat he does best. Seekin ATTENTION. My question WHY START THIS TOPIC - For Controversial Purposes I GUESS.

To answer ur question. I don't know if there is any Christian Section anywhere. But let's leave the Internet for a minute and look at the real World, who IS THE NOISIEST?
- Who comes to my door every Sunday(unsolicitedly) - And knocks and says I want to share the Word ?
-  In universities, who Plays Music and Drums thereby disturbing the peace of the whole school?
- Who starts lecturing and jammin ur Minds in the bus while tryin to focus ur thoughts ?
- Who writes controversial articles to poke/raise controversial responses?
- Who leaves his country and makes another Man's matters his business?
- Who stops u on the road and tells u I have a Vision for U?
-Who? Who? Who?

The most noisy people I guess is still you davidylan and the rest of ur Clan(ppl).
Re: Can The Christian Section Be As Quiet As The Muslim Section? by Mustay(m): 5:19pm On Jul 21, 2008
I'm not even ready for any arguments here

davidylan:

2. No u're not complaining, it however smacks of insincerity when muslims like babs start straying over to the other section to leave their usual anti-christian falsehoods. Why don't they stay here and talk of the quran?

The religion section is not restricted to any set of people - even the atheists post there and i post there if need be.
Re: Can The Christian Section Be As Quiet As The Muslim Section? by javalove(m): 6:12pm On Jul 21, 2008
javaprince:

@davidylan
Doin what he does best. Seekin ATTENTION. My question WHY START THIS TOPIC - For Controversial Purposes I GUESS.

To answer your question. I don't know if there is any Christian Section anywhere. But let's leave the Internet for a minute and look at the real World, who IS THE NOISIEST?
- Who comes to my door every Sunday(unsolicitedly) - And knocks and says I want to share the Word ?
- In universities, who Plays Music and Drums thereby disturbing the peace of the whole school?
- Who starts lecturing and jammin your Minds in the bus while tryin to focus your thoughts ?
- Who writes controversial articles to poke/raise controversial responses?
- Who leaves his country and makes another Man's matters his business?
- Who stops u on the road and tells u I have a Vision for You?
-Who? Who? Who?

The most noisy people I guess is still you davidylan and the rest of your Clan(people).

for(int i=0;i<davidylanIgnoranceOfIslam;i++)
{
//AN infinte loop we have hear
System.out.println("May Allah reward you: javaprince from javalove"wink;
}

cheesy
Re: Can The Christian Section Be As Quiet As The Muslim Section? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 21, 2008
Mustay:

I'm not even ready for any arguments here

The religion section is not restricted to any set of people - even the atheists post there and i post there if need be.

Doesnt the above smack of intolerance and veiled hypocrisy? The religion section should be open to you while you also have a special section for muslims only? I rest my case.

Javaprince as usual does what muslims like him do best - attack the messenger. Its always easier that way than to look at the real issues. I didnt even start the thread.
Re: Can The Christian Section Be As Quiet As The Muslim Section? by babs787(m): 7:24pm On Jul 21, 2008
@Davidylan

2. No u're not complaining, it however smacks of insincerity when muslims like babs start straying over to the other section to leave their usual anti-christian falsehoods. Why don't they stay here and talk of the quran?

You will always show the stuff you are made of. You prefer seeking attention to sitting and leaarning but when being exposed, you bolt, saying irrelevant things. Go to the threads I have debated using the biblical verses and bring the one I mis interpreted or quoted wrongly. You would always cry simply because Babs exposed and explained verses you have been using to deceive people. You may go the thread, 'trinity, help me' and see how I brought the false prophecies you have been attributing to Jesus. You have been claiming that Muslims pick verses out of context but you were caught doing that and some others that I have dealt with.

Go to the Islam section and read if we do not educate ourselves day in day out and they are not blind folded like you who has been served the truth but prefer going astray.

If you do have anything in Islam you still want us to debate, then create the thread we discuss rather than your childish post.

If you and your folks would be honest to yourselves, you would have been reading that Babs have been giving you biblical verses to support my argument and to nail you when you are programmed never to accept the truth no matter how glaring it is.

Continue swimming in the oceaan of ignorance and pride.
Re: Can The Christian Section Be As Quiet As The Muslim Section? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 21, 2008
blabs as usual. grin No surprises there.
Re: Can The Christian Section Be As Quiet As The Muslim Section? by babs787(m): 7:42pm On Jul 21, 2008
@Davidylan

The thread is still opened for discussion and you may contribute your 2 cents there. Most of your alleged prophecies in which you have been blindfolded to accept as the prophecies of Jesus have been exposed and I am now seeing the real reason behind your cry. In case you want to contribute and support the already nailed doctrine of trinity, supply fresh prophecies and facts from your book if you are man enough and Babs will educate you. I am very sure you wouldnt have been reading the bible more than I do and there is no secret interpretation of the verses. So the door is wide opened if you are man enough to support TRINITY
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-146313.64.html
Re: Can The Christian Section Be As Quiet As The Muslim Section? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 21, 2008
lol blabs . . . we are always discussing something on the bible. Why don't we open a quranic doctrine to discuss for ONCE? Is your own islam all about debunking the bible?
Re: Can The Christian Section Be As Quiet As The Muslim Section? by babs787(m): 7:48pm On Jul 21, 2008
@Dvidylan

lol blabs . . . we are always discussing something on the bible. Why don't we open a quranic doctrine to discuss for ONCE? Is your own islam all about debunking the bible?

If you are really man enough for discussion on Quranic doctrine, then creaate a thread and discuss. Its an open challenge from me to you, Davidylan. Lastly, let me have where I debunked the bible and we both have a look at the verses together.
Re: Can The Christian Section Be As Quiet As The Muslim Section? by nawah1980(m): 7:51pm On Jul 21, 2008
I take God BEG una, Make uan no cause religious war o o o!!!!!! quiet section or no quiet section, leave am the way u see am.
Re: Can The Christian Section Be As Quiet As The Muslim Section? by babs787(m): 8:29pm On Jul 21, 2008
@Davidylan

Take your time and read

Many among the people of the Book (Jews and Christians) wish they could somehow turn you back to unbelief, due to their selfish envy, after the truth has become quite clear to them. Forgive them and bear with them until Allah brings about His decision;rest assured that Allah has power over everything.  2 v 109

The Jews and the Christians will never be pleased with you, until you follow their faith.
O Muhammad, tell them : "Allah’s guidance is the only guidance;" and if after all the knowledge you have received, you yield to their desires, there shall be none to protect you or help you from the wrath of Allah. Those to whom We have given the book and who read it as it ought to be read, they are the ones who believe in it; as for those who reject it, they are for sure the losers. 2 v 120-121

Even if We had sent to them the angels, made the dead speak to them, and presented all the different things of the world before them as proof, they would have not believed, unless Allah wanted otherwise (and forcing someone to believe is not what He wants): Yet most of them act out of ignorance.
Like this Messenger, We had granted each Messenger his opponents - Satans from among the human beings and Jinns - some of them inspire the others with seductive discourses of deception. If your Lord wanted, they would not have done so. Therefore, neglect them as well as what they invent, so that the hearts of those who do not believe in the hereafter may be inclined to what they say, and be pleased with it; and so that they can earn what they wish to earn. Say: Should I seek a judge other than Allah, when He is the One Who has revealed this Book (The Qur'an) with full details?

Those whom We gave the Book, before you, know very well that it is revealed to you from your Lord with the Truth; therefore, you should not be of those who have doubts. The Words of your Lord have been completed with credibility and justice; there is no way to change His Words. He is the Hearer, the Knower.6 v 111-115

Jews and the Christians say: "We are the children of Allah and His beloved ones." Ask them, "Why then does He punish you for your sins? Nay! In fact you are human beings like others which He has created. He forgives whom He pleases and He punishes whom He pleases. To Allah belongs the sovereignty of the heavens and the earth and all that is between them, and to Him is the final refuge." O people of the Book! Indeed Our Messenger has now come to you making clear to you the teaching of the Right Way , after a long break in the series of the Messengers, so that you may not be able to say, "No one has come to give us good news or to warn us." Now someone has come to give you good news and warn you so listen to him. Allah has power over everything. 5 v 18-19

Mankind was one nation having one religion. Later when people invented other religions, Allah appointed Prophets as bearers of good news and warnings; and revealed to them the Book with the True Guidance to settle the matters of dispute between mankind. But the very people to whom it was given, started disputes after the clear arguments had come to them, because of rivalry between one another.
Allah has guided the believers by His will to the truth in those matters in which they had differences. Allah guides whom He pleases towards the
[/b]Right Way. 2 v

[b]The Jews and the Christians will never be pleased with you, until you follow their faith.
O Muhammad, tell them : "Allah’s guidance is the only guidance;" and if after all the knowledge you have received, you yield to their desires, there shall be none to protect you or help you from the wrath of Allah. Those to whom We have given the book and who read it as it ought to be read, they are the ones who believe in it;as for those who reject it, they are for sure the losers. 2v 120 - 121

They say: "None shall enter paradise except the one who is a Jew or a Christian." These are their vain desires. Say O Muhammad: "Let us have your proof if you are right in your claim." Yea! Whoever submits himself entirely to Allah and is good to others will be rewarded by his Lord; and will have nothing to fear or to regret.2 v 111-112
Re: Can The Christian Section Be As Quiet As The Muslim Section? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jul 21, 2008
blabs, can you talk of the quran for once without including these three things:

- Jews
- Christians
- The bible.

Do you need such as a crutch for an unstable religion?
Re: Can The Christian Section Be As Quiet As The Muslim Section? by yemi221(m): 8:18am On Jul 22, 2008
i gess we shld just stop this argument the quran said in suratul kafirun "let ur religion be ur religion let mine be mine"i dont no y that xtian guy brought this topic.na wa for u

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ramadan Sms Messages For You / Consequences For Neglecting Solat / A Sticker For Every Muslim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.