Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:06 AM

Range Rover Sports Club - Car Talk (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Range Rover Sports Club (153538 Views)

Check Out The Chinese Version Of Range Rover, So Cute! (Photos) / The 2014 Range Rover Sports - Big Boy Toy / Leaked Images Of the 2014 Range Rover Sport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 7:22pm On Aug 17, 2018
erico2k2:

ahah, well for the range rover I can tell you very easy. The vin can be displayed on the dashboard, there is a menu for it. then you can run a vin check
A beg show me. I am still very young to learn
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by erico2k2(m): 7:23pm On Aug 17, 2018
sooperrescue:

It is true but they build according to the country's specifications. Do you think the one they send to Coscharis is the same with the one sent to Russia? The one meant for Swiss is not the same spec as the one built for France. That is the difference.
There is not difference in the whole of the EU, if you think there is plz point it out,the whole Range rover is built in the UK then exported to other part of the EU and the world, now only the US spec is different cos of Emission targets and safty.However if you think the ones sent to different countries in the EU plz point out one difference between the ones we have in London and Swizz.I am waiting baba
we can do theither 2012 Autobiography at least I own that one.

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 7:25pm On Aug 17, 2018
CarGuideNG:

The VIN itself would not contain mileage information, but running the VIN through various databases would yield often very accurate and reliable records, including but certainly not limited to Mileage/Service and Ownership/Origin history.

The databases vary with the region of origin or use of the vehicle, for US or Canadian registered and used Range Rovers, CarFax or AutoCheck reports would provide usually quite detailed history information certainly including mileage history.

CarFax costs a bit more and features service history, but AutoCheck does a great job at significantly less cost.

For UK and some EU member countries HPI offers equivalent or similar history information, often via the registration, rather than the VIN.

Below is a page from an AutoCheck report for a 2007 R/R Sport HSE indicating the last recorded mileage and date of export to Nigeria.
I wish I had met you last year. I would have linked you to an insurance company that needed this service but I don't know for now if they are still in need.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by computerglobal(m): 7:26pm On Aug 17, 2018

Contact us for your comprehensive vehicle History report

We provide you with any type vehicle history (US & EU)
Contact us on Whats-app now . Just a click away.

https:///send?phone=2348060365068
[/color]
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by erico2k2(m): 7:27pm On Aug 17, 2018
sooperrescue:

A beg show me. I am still very young to learn
U jst go fru the menu as if you want to check the oil level, the last bit would display the true Vin number.,u can only do this with ignition on though.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 7:27pm On Aug 17, 2018
erico2k2:

There is not difference in the whole of the EU, if you think there is plz point it out,the whole Range rover is built in the UK then exported to other part of the EU and the world, now only the US spec is different cos of Emission targets and safty.However if you think the ones sent to different countries in teh EU plz point out one difference between the ones we have in London and Swizz.I am waiting baba
we can do teh 2012 Autobiography at least I own that one.
Make i check and I will get back on that
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by erico2k2(m): 7:29pm On Aug 17, 2018
sooperrescue:

Make i check and I will get back on that
ok I dey wait grin grin grin grin grin
if U r right one cold Origin for you, well if Im right, I go tell u wetin I need grin grin grin grin
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 7:32pm On Aug 17, 2018
erico2k2:

U jst go fru the menu as if you want to check the oil level, the last bit would display the true Vin number.,u can only do this with ignition on though.
For 010 models, I understand that. I was reading the vin analysis and how to determine the market that the car comes from. A 2005 Range Rover Sports from Swiss has the auto folding mirror which was given to the 2008 Us spec. When scanning, the market issue comes on.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by erico2k2(m): 7:40pm On Aug 17, 2018
sooperrescue:

For 010 models, I understand that. I was reading the vin analysis and how to determine the market that the car comes from. A 2005 Range Rover Sports from Swiss has the auto folding mirror which was given to the 2008 Us spec. When scanning, the market issue comes on.
your Range Rover is more likely to come from a place calle Solihull, so it will begin with SAL
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by erico2k2(m): 7:41pm On Aug 17, 2018
sooperrescue:

the Uk 2005 Range rover has folding mirror.this was basic accross the brand.

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by CarGuideNG: 8:01pm On Aug 17, 2018
sooperrescue:

I wish I had met you last year. I would have linked you to an insurance company that needed this service but I don't know for now if they are still in need.

That's alright Sir.

We still offer the service, just in case.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by LeJeun3: 2:15pm On Aug 18, 2018
erico2k2:

the Uk 2005 Range rover has folding mirror.this was basic accross the brand.

I don't know about basic, but folding side mirrors came on autobiographies and supercharged models, till 2007/2008. When the the second gen Jaguar engines were installed.

2005 range rovers still had the BMW 4.4 Engine

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 7:57pm On Aug 18, 2018
LeJeun3:

I don't know about basic, but folding side mirrors came on autobiographies and supercharged models, till 2007/2008. When the the second gen Jaguar engines were installed.

2005 range rovers still had the BMW 4.4 Engine
I think he meant Range Rover Sport.

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by pilot1autos: 6:35pm On Aug 19, 2018
Nice writeup
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 11:09pm On Aug 19, 2018
pilot1autos:
Nice writeup
Thanks
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by rhames(m): 10:06pm On Aug 27, 2018
Oga, I have a friend who has a 2006 Range Rover Sport at Abuja and currently having Air Conditioner issues. His asking price is N5.5m. the engine and vehicle movement is in good condition coz i drove it for an hour on highway. What is the average amount to put the airconditioner in good shape?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 7:09pm On Aug 28, 2018
rhames:
Oga, I have a friend who has a 2006 Range Rover Sport at Abuja and currently having Air Conditioner issues. His asking price is N5.5m. the engine and vehicle movement is in good condition coz i drove it for an hour on highway. What is the average amount to put the airconditioner in good shape?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by rhames(m): 7:37pm On Aug 28, 2018
sooperrescue:

are there other related issues that one should look out for apart from just the airconditioner sir?

Is the price ok or should i still negotiate it downwards?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by tobiyayo: 11:46am On Aug 29, 2018
Thank you 'members' that reached out to me on the below.

The individual is yet to make full refund despite issuing a cheque... I had advised him by sms that he has until the end of August to make full refund as I am more interested in sharing my experience so that others do not fall victim.

As a community of professionals, it is very disappointing that a vendor cannot keep to his word or render excellent service for which he is fully paid for.

I will update you all by September 1.

tobiyayo:
Good Evening All,
If I have a complaint to make on a fellow nairalander, especially one who I patronised because of referrals within Nairaland, to whom do I send a private message.

I have sent a message to the moderator and have not received significant support on it other than a message "Hi, Will get back to you tomorrow please." which I received on Jul 22nd.

Please I need your advise.

Many Thanks.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 1:55pm On Aug 29, 2018
rhames:

are there other related issues that one should look out for apart from just the airconditioner sir?

It depends on you buying brand new compressor and condenser or you buy used compressor and condenser which is way lower than the given price. But then, you will need to factor in the risk involved getting a used compressor that will fail without notice. Sometimes, it might be the evaporator which is also cheaper. Let them check what is wrong first before you spend money on what is not.

2 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 2:37pm On Aug 29, 2018
rhames:

Bring it down . On the high side

2 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by rhames(m): 8:00pm On Aug 29, 2018
sooperrescue:

It depends on you buying brand new compressor and condenser or you buy used compressor and condenser which is way lower than the given price. But then, you will need to factor in the risk involved getting a used compressor that will fail without notice. Sometimes, it might be the evaporator which is also cheaper. Let them check what is wrong first before you spend money on what is not.

I prefer the new ones which will work longer,

How much is a brand new compressor and Condenser.?

And please sir, which versions of the older Range Rover Sports and Land Rover Discovery that have mini fridges?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 9:53pm On Aug 29, 2018
rhames:

I prefer the new ones which will work longer,

How much is a brand new compressor and Condenser.?

And please sir, which versions of the older Range Rover Sports and Land Rover Discovery that have mini fridges?
From 2006 to 2010. They all have mini fridge. Brand new compressor with condenser is from 150k to 200k. Automatic compressor.

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by rhames(m): 10:24pm On Aug 29, 2018
sooperrescue:

From 2006 to 2010. They all have mini fridge. Brand new compressor with condenser is from 150k to 200k. Automatic compressor.

The one in my friends possession does not have a mini fridge but its 2006.Why?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 8:13am On Aug 30, 2018
Does thé range have navigation screen? If it does not have it, then it is the first set of sports that was built in 2005. There are also 2010 and 2012 sports without frigo but you can buy it and fix it easily.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by LeJeun3: 9:28am On Aug 30, 2018
sooperrescue:

Mini fridge is not standard...... especially on the HSE of that year. The supercharged & luxury models have it as standard

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by LeJeun3: 9:29am On Aug 30, 2018
sooperrescue:

Please state that a manual compressor will be fitted to the vehicle for this price, an automatic compressor comes at a whopping N200K with warranty...

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 4:31am On Aug 31, 2018
LeJeun3:

Please state that a manual compressor will be fitted to the vehicle for this price, an automatic compressor comes at a whopping N200K with warranty...

My mistake, bros
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Durchmann(m): 12:35am On Sep 01, 2018
Anyone, with contacts in Latvia interested in a brand NEW LAND ROVER DISCOVERY SPORT SE 2018?

*9 shift automatic gearbox
*TD4 diesel 150 hp, 4WD with HDC, HSA.

Price: €49,890 (excluding shipping and duty if to be shipped into Nigeria)

Vehicle has to be inspected in Latvia in person or by proxy.
Call/Whatsapp 08025165493

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 2:15am On Sep 01, 2018
Durchmann:
Anyone, with contacts in Latvia interested in a brand NEW LAND ROVER DISCOVERY SPORT SE 2018?

*9 shift automatic gearbox
*TD4 diesel 150 hp, 4WD with HDC, HSA.

Price: €49,890 (excluding shipping and duty if to be shipped into Nigeria)

Vehicle has to be inspected in Latvia in person or by proxy.
Call/Whatsapp 08025165493
Which market spec will the sport come from? Russian or where? Is the diesel as dirty as ours?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Durchmann(m): 2:36am On Sep 01, 2018
sooperrescue:

Which market spec will the sport come from? Russian or where? Is the diesel as dirty as ours?

I'm guessing China.
I'll get updated info later on that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (50) (Reply)

Is It Good To Remove Thermostat To Stop Overheating? / Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers / Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.