Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,833 members, 7,806,343 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:03 PM

Range Rover Sports Club - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Range Rover Sports Club (153648 Views)

Check Out The Chinese Version Of Range Rover, So Cute! (Photos) / The 2014 Range Rover Sports - Big Boy Toy / Leaked Images Of the 2014 Range Rover Sport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by 100Cents: 12:29pm On Oct 04, 2014
When the pocket differentiates men from boys.

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Dexmars(m): 10:25pm On Oct 16, 2014
Hmmmmmm....

This range matter no be here oh!!!

Make my GX470 still dey chill first.

Looking at the 2010 range sport with electronic side step (don't know why i like that stuff)
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 11:04am On Oct 17, 2014
If you are spending 1m in a year on your Range Rover repairs and maintenance, contact us to register for our extended Warranty package. Nigeriaarc@yahoo.com. 08098534267. Let us relive you of the stress of maintaining your Range all year round
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by jodeci01: 9:56am On Oct 20, 2014
Just googled it, very sexy but overly expensive from range rover but love it too
Dexmars:
Hmmmmmm....

This range matter no be here oh!!!

Make my GX470 still dey chill first.

Looking at the 2010 range sport with electronic side step (don't know why i like that stuff)
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Dexmars(m): 4:22pm On Oct 20, 2014
jodeci01:
Just googled it, very sexy but overly expensive from range rover but love it too

Don't you think its worth it?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by jodeci01: 6:29pm On Oct 20, 2014
http://www.rangeroverpartsstore.co.uk/range-rover-deployable-side-steps-vplmp0041.html

@ that price had rather buy a range which already had one but am sure they are quite rare to find in this part of the world... will be approaching 700k when you factor in shipping and labour for fixing- for just a step not a flight of steps.

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 8:40pm On Oct 20, 2014
Ford Explorer and Lincoln Navigator already had that step in their older models.

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 12:20am On Nov 01, 2014
We have some Range Rovers for sale and Range Rover Sports too. Interested buyers should notify me. Lowest Price for the Range Rovers is N2m while the Sport is N2.5m. Terms and Conditions apply.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Dexmars(m): 10:22pm On Nov 01, 2014
Send details to vickyme2002@yahoo.com for the range sport
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Nobody: 9:12am On Nov 02, 2014
sooperrescue:
We have some Range Rovers for sale and Range Rover Sports too. Interested buyers should notify me. Lowest Price for the Range Rovers is N2m while the Sport is N2.5m. Terms and Conditions apply.
Please sir,what are the pros and cons of using an evogue in nigeria. I am thinking of buying one as opposed to the 2006 RRS.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 7:23pm On Nov 02, 2014
No advantage or disadvantages. Only that the Evoque is new and the reliability issues is still being grasped by Mecs like us unlike the other brands of Range Rovers that we have become used to. And the advantage is that it is a 2 litre engine. The major issue is the smart key not found, battery discharge and the need for software updates at regular intervals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 02, 2014
Tanx a lot. I appreciate. So how and where does one update the software?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 02, 2014
sooperrescue:
Ford Explorer and Lincoln Navigator already had that step in their older models.
am planning to buy a 2008 explorer, u mean it got it?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Nobody: 9:47pm On Nov 02, 2014
sooperrescue:
pics pls
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 11:32pm On Nov 02, 2014
fem30:
Tanx a lot. I appreciate. So how and where does one update the software?
When you buy the Evoque, contact us when the issues arises. We will soon be on the Island this December.

Bossforeva:
am planning to buy a 2008 explorer, u mean it got it?

2010 models
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 11:43pm On Nov 02, 2014
here are the fotos for the Range Rover and Range Rover Sport

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 2:26pm On Nov 03, 2014
Another Range Rover for Sale. Also Mercedes Benz ML 350 4 Matic. Black, 2008, Reverse camera. urgent sale. Also Landrover Discovery 11, 2001. Engine in perfect condition

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by CarXus: 5:04pm On Nov 03, 2014
10 things you didn't know about Range Rover:
1: Range Rover was not the original name.
2: The genesis of the Range Rover came back in 1948.
3: The very first Range Rover prototypes hit the road with the name Velar.
4: It’s got serious Motorsport pedigree.
5: The engine in the new Range Rover Supercharged is unchanged from the old car.

2 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 10:06am On Nov 05, 2014
EXTENDED WARRANTY. GET YOURS TODAY
Free Roadside Assistance
Free Emergency towing using our flatbed tow trucks
Free labour
Genuine parts
First Class Service
Preventive Maintenance
LR3 & 4, Range Rover Sports, Range Rover, Range Rover Evoque

Oct. 27, 2014

Range Rover 2010 Sport - I love this car... It's like riding a baby pony that wants to go go go... I also own a Porsche 911 Turbo and as far as speed and agility go, the Range Rover can't be beat for an SUV. After reading some of the prior reviews, I agree that if you want to drive this car, you need to treat it like gold and have the $$$ to pay for consequences. I've had my car in for several things that were covered under warranty but were a pain in the **. Make sure to get an extended warranty. It will pay for all the quirks and issues that definitely will happen. An oil change and tuneup will cost you upwards of $700 (warranty doesn't cover that!). And if you lose your key, be prepared to spend another $600.
I'm a mom with 4 kids and we all love this car... the status, the speed and the luxury... It comes with a price tag well beyond the $85,000 you spend on it though. I just had new brakes put on and another $1,900 later, am holding my breath until the next issue (maintenance or wear and tear) happens. Bottom line, this is an amazing vehicle... Land Rover needs to work on the high price tag, back charging after purchase and stop nickle and diming their loyal customers for literally everything.

Has anyone else got one of the new 2013 version Range Rover Sports? I had delivery of mine in Feb. 2014 and have now been through 3 windscreens. They get a tiny chip and crack instantly. This isn't good! Right the way across the screen!! I'm getting nowhere with Land Rover themselves and need to take this further so need examples of anyone else in my situation as I'm being told that I'm the only one having this problem. By the way, I know I'm not as I've got a friend's partner who's now been through 6 of them. He's not getting anywhere either!

Bad service. The RR give you the dirty. Very expensive for the quality.

I left the car running on my street with the door open while I got out to put my dog away. When I came walking back from behind the house the Evoque was going up the street on its own. If kids would have been in the street like normal they would have been run over. The SUV door hit my brick mailbox and stopped the car. When I got in the SUV the gear shift control was still in the Park position.
I called Range Rover and they responded with a tow truck and took the SUV to the dealership. The dealership had it for a couple weeks with very little communication with us. Then one day called and said they could not replicate the problem and said "we are pushing your Evoque outside so you need to make arrangements to have it picked-up and file an insurance claim." They said, "you must have left it in reverse and gotten out of the car." As you can imagine I was not happy.
Next came the repair. The auto body shop called me a few days later telling me that LR/RR said the repair parts were not in the US and it could take from 3 months to one year to get parts. I have been fighting every day with LR corp and still have no ETA for any of it. Seems crazy but I would never by a LR/RR again. Customer service is so bad and my wife will never want to drive a car that can drop in a gear by itself. She has told me to sell the car when we get it back. I am going to have to inform the buyer of the issue.
For everyone who owns a Land Rover, listen up! We all know that Land Rovers are high maintenance! It doesn't matter if you have a 1990 Defender or a 2015 LR4. It will eventually fail in some way, shape or form! With that said, you have to treat them like gold. If you're one of those Soccer moms - with all due respect, that needs to jump in the car four or five times a day to run errands with the A/C blasting in the middle of the summer, then maybe this isn't the vehicle for you. Land Rovers are like Ferraris. You have to constantly be on top of them, know when the vehicle breaks before it does! Keep money in savings and always be prepared!

With that said I recently purchased a 2001 Discovery 2 in mint condition! Only 111k on the OD. First thing I did was look under the carriage - Hmm, no leaks. Looked under the hood - no leaks. Everything was nice, clean and looked new! Checked the oil - it was so clean you could drink it! I thought what's the catch? Took it for a test drive. Ran perfect except for every stop I could hear the airbag compressor blowing air! Ok ,no biggie. I bought it. Next day drove it to work. Halfway to work, bam. Yep the three amigos come on! ABS,TC, and Downhill Assist. Ok, I'll check it after work! Kept driving about a mile - engine makes big noise. Check engine light comes on! Only for a sec then off. Hmm... That's weird. Go about another mile - bang again. What the... Go about another mile, then vehicle just dies while driving on a heavy street doin' 55 in a 45. Quickly, I pulled safely off the road into a CVS Pharmacy.
Now late for work, I let it sit for a minute. Started right up - was able to get to work! Next day, took it to my mechanic who is really familiar with Euro cars. He happens to own a Jag! After computer reads 6 possible causes, we found a short in the crank shaft solenoid! $350.00 US later, vehicle ran fine! If I would have taken it to a dealer or Land Rover, it would have been about $1600.00 US and they probably would have fixed the wrong thing!
I have recently put new rear airbags. Bought them online for less than $200.00 and had my cousin installed them. Now the vehicle drives like a Cadillac with no lights on! Now I know not everyone has a cousin that is a master mechanic especially owning three Toyota Land Cruisers and a lifted Samuri! But do your homework. Land Rovers are notorious for having electrical problems! If anything gets wet, corroded, dirty, do the best you can - always keep it clean, free of mud, dirt, snow etc... And I have learned if one little thing goes, it makes ten others go as well, so find out for sure if you can exactly what the issue is and then the others will probably disappear as well! Land Rover dealers especially will rape you for your money! And probably never fix what's really wrong! Good Luck and God bless!!

Land Rover LR3 Defective Suspension Compressor - Diagnostics showed original part was redesigned and suggested replacement. Contacted Land Rover. They would not replace as it was out of warranty. I told them it was not a defective part, it was a part they engineered wrong which is why the diagnostic showed that part was to be replaced with updated part. After writing, calling, etc I gave up. So I had to have local repair shop replace as the closest LR dealer was 3.5 hrs away, so 7 hrs round trip, plus two nights hotel as they said they needed 2 days. Local repair shop cost was $1,300.00 using Land Rover's updated part (dealer wanted $1,600). Land Rover does not stand by their product. Yes, vehicle was out of warranty, however, I have since learned that others have had the same problem. When I spoke with their dealer, they stated, yes they have had to replace many of these. So if you buy a Land Rover, and they have a known part that will fail eventually due to their poor engineering, you better hope it fails in warranty period.

I bought 2011 LR4 2 years ago. In the last 4 months, I have to send my car to fix parking brake 4 times. The problem is not fixed yet! The company did not keep its promise to reimburse my rental car. This is nightmare! The service department is no help at all. Can not get anybody from the dealer to help. This is the worst experience in my life.

I bought this truck used over 4 years ago and couldn't be more happy. Had a couple electrical issues which required changing fuses and had to replace air bags, but that has been all. It is a gas guzzler but overall dependable especially in the winter. Parts are costly due to being foreign, but can find on internet cheaper.
This past weekend I left my home in Central PA Saturday morning to drive up to Saugerties, NY to pick up my daughter where she was at a horse show with my parents and niece. I went to see her ride in her 1st show, then in the afternoon I intended to depart for Southern NJ. My wife is there for the summer with the kids and I drive back and forth. It was our wedding anniversary on Aug 4th, so I was headed there to celebrate with her.
As I left Saugerties around 5pm on Saturday, my passenger rear tire blew out. Total blowout, with the wall of the tire torn. I called Land Rover roadside assistance because I couldn't find the spare. It was at that time I learned there is no spare in my car! Only a patch kit, which wasn't going to help me. LR roadside assistance said the only thing they 'were authorized' to do was tow me North to Albany and then have the tire replaced Monday (2 days away).
Because I wanted to get to Southern NJ, I had AAA tow the car to the nearest tire store. They believed they could get me on the road before they closed at 6p. When I got there and gave them the tire size 275/45 r21, they said, "That's a real unusual size. We don't have anything like that in stock." I spent the next two days calling around to tire centers in the greater NY metro area - no one has that tire in stock. Most never heard of that size. I was mystified that in one of the largest suburban metro areas of the world, I could not easily find the tire I needed when I had no spare. Did the designer of the truck not consider what might happen in the event of a blown tire? No spare, unique tire size... Off road machine??!! In the end we had to stay 2 extra days in a hotel, get towed 45 miles in the opposite direction of where we were headed, and pay Land Rover's premium prices on the tire to have it replaced. A flat tire, which should take 45 minutes to fix, took 2 -3 days with much expense, frustration and a missed anniversary.
As a CEO of a mid-size company, I'm familiar with customer service/customer experience architecture. I can only categorize my experience with Land Rover as policy driven and customer tone deaf. The Albany dealership was great. The Roadside Assistance was deplorable. A flat tire on $100,000 4x4 should not cause a 3-day delay... at least that's what my common logic tells me... Apparently not LR. To top it all off, the tow truck was 3 hours late on Monday. They detoured to pick up another accident before coming to us... Up until this point I loved the vehicle. After this incident my perception of Land Rover is not favorable and will likely not trade this Range Rover on another when the time comes. A problem is an opportunity to turn a customer into a fan. Unfortunately I am not. And I anticipate they will do nothing more to make me one.

We bought our 2008 LR2 in early 2007. We have had nothing but headaches with this vehicle since day one. The first day driving, the sunroof seal peeled off and the screen became detached. Then the problems got worse to the point we thought the electrical system was defective. This vehicle has been in the auto dealership repair shop more than my wife and I have seen our doctors. It was so bad that Land Rover had to send an engineer out to look at the vehicle to get an idea what was causing all the problems and it seemed fixed. Lo and behold, the warranty expires and guess what? We start having more problems and costly ones at that. We literally lost our savings account for repairs on our LR2. The most recent repair over $1,200.00 for a cooling fan. It gets better.
Prior to this repair our windscreen was damaged by something that struck the windscreen. Safe lite comes out and the tech. is not concerned about the crack as much as he is about the delaminated windscreen. He asked if we had been in accident and if we were the original owners. The vehicle was never in an accident and we are the original owners. The vehicles has only ever been serviced at LR dealership in Ventura, CA. and nowhere else. Apparently, the windscreen was replaced because it was damaged but it was incorrectly replaced and it allowed moisture to enter the instrument panel and thus our electronic headaches I can only presume. We've had the fuel pump go out, oil pump go out, among a host of numerous other headaches that added up to the several thousands of dollars we lost on repairing this piece of junk.
Land Rover asked for the receipt of our most recent repair and the response was laughable. I posted my response on Google Plus. Basically we were told that Land Rover offered a goodwill gesture for reimbursing our windscreen which they fraudulently sold us in a bad and very unsafe condition. I had to laugh, we paid several thousands of dollars in repairs and Land Rover is not in a financial position to assist for one repair. LOL. That is pathetic!

Read what Proud Owners are saying about their beautiful Range. Get your extended warranty now. Call our hotline 08098534267 or toll free 08031230144 [/b]and [b]07058890111 24 hrs

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Nobody: 10:58am On Nov 05, 2014
Na wa o! This na orisirisi motor o, after reading through the graphic tales of woes and sad tales, I concluded had I better stay where I'll always get my peace o!

No offence, my conclusion though.

3 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 4:07pm On Nov 05, 2014
Hmm. Peace of mind with Lexus! Those fish wey nor get bone, them nor dey expensiVe because everybody know say na one bone e get. As e common reach, people nor too cherish am. The obokun fish with bones all thru wey fit hook for throat naim dem take dey make peppersoup. Like you talk, na orisoriSi. So na money dey talk. Them nor dey use Titus fish take prepare peppersoup. All said, the botton line is that the. Dealers of Range Rovers are the proBlem. I will post the story of a Nigerian who got fed up with hIs Range Rover. But our aim is to remove tHe stress wIth our extended warranty.

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 7:05pm On Nov 05, 2014
By Ufodike

"Engine Power Reduced" and worse issues
Hi all,

I need HELP!!!! I am afraid I will have to post a long epistle here, but this is to give as much details as I can, so as to get concise help.

I had a terrifying experience with the dreaded "engine power reduced" message over a month ago, and have not been able to use my truck since then. I was at the 10th Kilometer of a 50k journey when suddenly my 2007 RR HSE lost power and chimed the dreaded message. I stopped by the side, put off the engine, and tried starting again and it responded, I did this repeatedly successfully, so I continued the journey, and noticed that I could drive up to whatever speed I wanted, as long as I squeeze the throttle slowly. Deep throttling simply tried to kill the engine power.

I arrived my destination, spent 4hrs, and got back into the truck for the journey back, and the truck wouldn't start. It cranks OK, but sounds like a dry engine out of gas. Well, I had to first suffer the indignity of hitching a ride home, as it was almost midnight, and suffered the 2nd indignity of having to tow the truck all the way back using my 2001 Honda CRV. By the way, the next day when I arrived with the CRV to tow the RR, I first tried starting the RR and the engine came alive. I was sooooo happy. But all that was deflated after driving for about 400 meters and the engine died, and hasn't started again since then.

Upon successfully towing it home, I took time and read all the threads on this forum dealing with the "Egine Power Reduced" issue, and the only reasonable advice I could take out of it all was to have the codes read. Therefore, I set out with speeding up a project I had put on the back burner for some time now; purchasing the BBS Faultmate Extreme MSV-2.

Upon receiving and activating my unit, I have read the vehicle system codes, and especially the Petrol EMS ECU Fault Codes, and to my shock found 329 fault codes stored in memory under the "Not tested" fault code memory. Now, having not used one of these diagnostic tools before, I became very confused and deflated, especially after trying to clear the fault codes from memory, and they stubbornly remain there. I thought it should be as simply as A-B-C. Just plug the OBD tool, read fault codes, clear fault codes, vehicle is restored, start engine, and drive off

Well, it is also good to note that most of the fault codes were repetitive, hence the outrageous number of 329. I have codes such as;
BAROMETRIC PRESSURE CIRCUIT HIGH INPUT -:P2229
BAROMETRIC PRESSURE CIRCUIT LOW INPUT -:P2228
MASS OR VOLUME AIR FLOW CIRCUIT HIGH INPUT -:P0103
MASS OR VOLUME AIR FLOW CIRCUIT LOW INPUT -:P0102
MANIFOLD ABSOLUTE PRESSURE/BAROMETRIC SENSOR HIGH INPUT -:P0108
MANIFOLD ABSOLUTE PRESSURE/BAROMETRIC SENSOR LOW INPUT -:P0107
FUEL TEMPERATURE SENSOR A CIRCUIT HIGH INPUT -:P0183
FUEL TEMPERATURE SENSOR A CIRCUIT LOW INPUT -:P0182
INTAKE AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR 1 - CIRCUIT HIGH INPUT -:P0113
INTAKE AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR 1 - CIRCUIT LOW INPUT -:P0112
PCM /TRANSMISSION CONTROL MODULE INTERNAL TEMPERATURE SENSOR - CIRCUIT HIGH -:P0669
PCM/ENGINE CONTROL MODULE/TRANSMISSION MODULE INTERNAL TEMPERATURE SENSOR - CIRCUIT LOW -:P0668
INTAKE AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR 1 - CIRCUIT RANGE/PERFORMANCE -:P0111
CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR A CIRCUIT -:P0335
CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR A CIRCUIT RANGE/PERFORMANCE -:P0336
CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR A CIRCUIT (BANK 1 OR SINGLE SENSOR) -:P0340
KNOCK SENSOR 1 - CIRCUIT HIGH INPUT (BANK 1) -:P0328
KNOCK SENSOR 1 - CIRCUIT LOW INPUT (BANK 1) -:P0327
POST CATALYST FUEL TRIM SYSTEM TOO LEAN - BANK 1 -:P2096
POST CATALYST FUEL TRIM SYSTEM TOO RICH - BANK 1 -:P2097
CRANKSHAFT POSITION - CAMSHAFT POSITION CORRELATION - BANK 1- SENSOR 1 -:P0016
CRANKSHAFT POSITION - CAMSHAFT POSITION CORRELATION - BANK 2- SENSOR 1 -:P0018
INTERNAL CONTROL MODULE SOFTWARE INCOMPATIBILITY -:U0300

obviously, I have only listed about half of the codes here. I chose the ones I believe may have a lot to do with my current predicament. I can't possibly list them all here as it would be unreasonable, but I have a saved HTML document of the full fault codes page.

My question is; What do all those things listed above mean? How do I get them off my ECU memory? I believe a memory flash for that ECU may be necessary, and I have found out that it is possible with BBS Faultmate that I own. How do I get back the driving pleasure of my truck!!!

More frustratingly, I tried to register and purchase manuals to help me on TOPIX, but the site keeps declining my VISA card payment (I guess due to my geographic location which is ever discriminated against), and I have contacted the TOPIX team and Land Rover on this and they simply ignore me. I have sent over 5 mails to them asking why I will be ignored after spending money buying a vehicle they manufactured, which they chose to avail the manual via such a restrictive site, yet no answer. It therefore begins to make me feel like it is a crime choosing to own their vehicle. I have no issues with my 1991 County Classic, and my 1996 4.0 P38, because I was able to buy the workshop manuals in paperback hard-copy from Books4cars.com some years ago, right after the purchase of each of those vehicles.

My wife has given up on me and my love for Rangies, and my neighbor laughed openly at me some days ago, asking me why I stress myself with these RRs which do nothing but breakdown and deny me usage for months, compared to his 1995 Honda Accord that he can fix easily, any time, any where, and gets full service out of it. I am sure someone out here understands how I feel with these remarks from those around me

I have also sworn not to go to the only "stealer" we have here. There is only one of them in my entire country, therefore it is like he's got a monopoly, charging about $6k as registration for any RR not purchased through him, before he can begin to work on it. I had a bad experience with them on my Classic about 2001 when it stayed in their garage for 3 months and they couldn't stop the engine overheating problem, and ended up ruining my entire engine. I finally took it off them and worked on it myself by replacing the engine, and renewing the radiator, and that was after having read much from this forum, and thereby learning what I should have done. That was when I made up my mind that I will never deal with them again. I would rather cease driving Rangies than go back to them.

CAN SOMEONE SAVE ME AND MY LOVE FOR RANGIES!!!

I will appreciate all the help I can get. Sorry once more for bugging you all with this long writeup.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 7:09pm On Nov 05, 2014
Love at first sight, beautiful, clean, no rust, interior spotless. Finally no more horror driving in winter every winter option on this HSE. Did not even think of no warranty too beautiful to care, that is where they get us, you just fall in love with the white soft leather, the heated seats, the beauty makes you forget about gas mileage and cost of ownership.
Driving home could not be happier, until the death grade hill in the mountains. Gave her a little gas to get up the grade with complete confidence in vehicle.
All of us have been sucked in by the allure of this vehicle, the strength, the false sense of security this piece of $$$$ lulls you into as the smoke comes billowing out the exhaust as the engine blows out its ring seals in catastrophic fashion. Horrifying noises as every system drowns in a bath of oil as the piston rings blow out, intake and breather choking in oil blowing white smoke like the cooling tower at a nuclear reactor. I am driving on fire. I am going to burn to death on the way home from the dealer. ** me I'm gonna burn.
The divorce seems inevitable, every dollar spent now turns triple, time means nothing as the machining and valve job and honing and intake and parts overnighted from parts of Germany that you cannot pronounce. Taking apart this 4.4 has taught me that they are made to break, from the plastic timing guides to the fixtures needed to time the engine properly. I feel everyone's pain. It took a month of none stop work and a never ending line of delivery trucks with small packages of valves, rings and every part and o ring I could sign for. Of course my girl wanted me dead surrounded by cranes engine stands and jacks. My self hatred had reached a new level, no food, no talk just that piece of $$$$ rover. I cannot say how much it cost because suicide is the only cure for what this vehicle has cost me.
My heart goes out for everyone who took rover for strength. If you do not have a friend with a degree in mechanical (me) or a huge ungodly amount of money to throw at The lying bastards called dealers do not fall in love with the LovePeddler named rover, walk away, run away, shoot yourself first, the medical bills for a stroke are cheaper than what it costs to keep this thing running,it will squeeze every last breath from you and then demand more....I wish I could listen to my own words, rover will always be my only girl. Please help me I love her so,.,.,.

The electrical system and suspension bags goes off while driving. This includes all electrical indicators (low coolant, HDC fault, cruise control, parking brake, fog lamp, check engine, seat belts, oil pressure, battery, air bags deploy, high beam indicator, and emergency flasher, suspension bags inflate and deflate). Brought it to Land Rover January 2014 and service advisor said everything was fine. Took it back on February 2014 with the same problem and when he turned on the ignition, the problems above occurred. We have been in contact almost on a weekly basis for an update. To date, they still have the car. He thinks it might be the instrumental panel on the dash board but is only 70% sure. To replace that, it would cost us $1,400.00. If the problem continues, then bring it back for another diagnostic evaluation. It is unfair for us to pay for something that they are not certain will fix the problem and will not be refunded if the same problem occur but said if it does, then to bring it back for another diagnostic evaluation. At our expense? Is this fair? Is this a defective item on the 2006 LR3?

Land Rover Hinsdale worked on my car several times... Was guaranteed there will be no more problems with the rear differential. Less than a year later, it was leaking again. They took care of it but claimed I need a front wheel bearing... I wanted to confirm it had nothing to do with the rear Differential so did not authorize work until I can confirm it was truly a front wheel bearing... To my surprise they called claiming the car was fixed And I now owed $837.00. None of this work was authorized.... I was never able to confirm whether it was a front or rear wheel bearing or whether the rear differential was leaking. And that was why the rear bearing went out. Really makes me wonder... What were they hiding Why would they not let me confirm it was a front wheel bearing... was there a problem with my rear differential Was there a problem with my rear axle?? Did this cause problems to my rear wheel bearing?? I will never know!!! I was told by corporate Land Rover they've done all they can they are no longer going to pay for any repairs. They claim they done enough... They claim they paid enough... I wish I had this luxury!!!

Range Rover Evoque - Wipers come on for no reason.... Sensor lights come on when the sun is out. They are to come on when it starts to darken. Taken to shop and was to set where I manually turn them on. Why does it have auto? Well, been told by service manager that they cannot fix any when everything is working. Have produce videos and still tell me some cars are sensitive. They give me loaners and they don't ever experience the sensitivity my car has. Now they told me they put a new sensor and guess what still having the same problem. Mr. ** manager of service department was very rude. Also I cannot get paperwork of the new sensor. I believe they just lied, so I am just imaging this...just because I am a woman and don't know anything. I will try getting a hold of someone at corporate office.

I am a student in the United States. I wanted to purchase a car from the local retailer in Richmond, Virginia. They refused to sell me a car just because I am a student but I felt it was a race discrimination. They kept asking me from where I am getting my money. I wanted to purchase a car for my own use while I am here in the United States for the duration I am studying. They started asking me personal question like from where will you get your money.
For the past three months I have not gotten an answer from them. I went to visit the dealership again but they asked me to provide a 6 months bank statement. I am not sure why would they want one since I am not financing the car (I can't get a finance since I am an international student). They have been giving me a really hard time. There is no law within the United States that would prohibit me from purchasing a car. I currently own a jeep and would really like to add a Range Rover in the family. I hope I can hear from you soon and help me out with this situation.

Steering vibration, in for repair 3 days ago. I has only done 166 miles awaiting outcome!!!!!! Not a cheap car should be perfect. New buyers beware.

I have the following issues with the car: Engine light with decreased engine performance, multiple warning lights going on, failure of the heating system, and more. In the last year, I brought the car in at least 4 times and each time the car was returned to me not fixed and all the service personnel said was "Drive it for a short while and it will work itself out." They charged the warranty repair insurance each time and fixed nothing. Most recently, I brought it in yet again for all these and for NYS Inspection. After 3 days in the shop - the dealer/service personnel returned it will all the warning lights and the heat still not working - said, "We don't know what's wrong and we can't fix the car and we can't inspect it because of the warning lights." I said, "But you are the dealer, you sold me the car, it is still under warranty, so what are my options?" They said, "We have nothing to say and we can offer you no solution." Complete incompetence and rudeness on top of that. I also suspect this is their business practice - to take in cars to the dealership for repair - bill the warranty service, not do the said repair and hope the consumer does not come back.

I purchased a 2008 Range Rover HSE. Car started making loud rapping sound from engine compartment. No warning or service lights are on. Had car towed to where all service had been done, Land Rover of North Hills in Pittsburgh. Was told that no oil registered on dipstick and that low oil light was now on but no service reminder light is on. Check of records shows last oil service was done there 40,000 miles/16 mo. ago. Inspection of car at dealer shows oil full 10,000 mi/5 mo ago. Advised to get new engine at my expense. I feel dealer/manufacturer bear some responsibility because service light/low oil light never came on and argue that most customers have several cars and rely on these lights to keep track of service intervals. Dealer and Land Rover International feel you cannot rely on the lights and have to keep track of service intervals and oil level yourself.

I have a 2010 Land Rover LR2. With about 57,000 miles. I recently started to hear a roaring noise from my rear and got it inspected by the dealer. They said my rear differential was bad which would cause about $3500. Is this amount accurate? I feel like I'm being ripped off. Any advice?

While driving home, the engine revved up, an engine light came on and vehicle died. I had it towed to Land Rover dealer in Maryland, and was told the engine locked and the vehicle needed a new engine. Extended warranty took care of a refurbished engine after being in the shop for a month. After replacement of the engine, light and revving continued. The vehicle has been in the shop over 15 times for engine light issues. I even had a new wiring harness placed on the vehicle for $1100. The engine light came back on three weeks later. After randomly speaking to people who I come across with the same vehicle, I discovered that the engine light is a common problem. One man told me his engine light has been on for 3 years. WOW!!!

Within 10 months of purchase of a new 2012 Range Rover from the Glen Cove dealership, the "check engine" light came on. I took it to the same dealer for service. Within two days, I got my car back. A week later, the light came back. I took it in for service again. This time they told me that the entire fuel system was contaminated from bad gas and needs to be replaced, but the warranty does not cover that and it will cost me $8,700. The insurance apparently does not cover that either. I am outraged. My car is less than a year old, and I can't drive it. I have never heard of such a problem in my 30 years of driving many cars.

I had a 2008 Range Rover L3222 HSE NA 2008. I loved it! At about 54,850 km, I started getting intermittent reduced engine efficiency warnings that began to result in engine not starting and not cracking, only switches on. Check on touch screen display cuts off by it while driving at normal speed. Sometimes, it shows blank screen. Check engine light occasionally would come on as well. I had my mechanic replace Battery and cable assy. For repairs and troubles, I took it to the Land Rover dealer (Mohammed Yousuf Naghi Motors which cost me S.R. 3,778). Same problem repeating soon after two days from the repair. Now, the Land Rover dealer informed me of steering problem which would cost me around S.R. 18,000 plus. Please advise.

I am a disabled US Marine and made report to the US Government about this problem with this Land Rover LR2 HSE 2008. I asked for recall because this is a dangerous problem with this Land Rover LR2 HSE. If this gets attention from the public, it's going to someone soon enough. This Land Rover LR2 has two pumps in the front and the pump to fix this problem is at the bottom (and SE too). So the problem is big because my dealer told me that the pump costs $25.26 and to fix it, they need to remove the front bumper to replace the new pump. The cost to remove the bumper is between $150 and $200 (to replace a windshield pump on this Land Rover LR2 HSE 2008).
Now I think the price is outrageous to replace a windshield washer pump on this Land Rover LR2 and it's dangerous if this happens on the highway. We need DOT too and US Government to recall this Land Rover LR2 as soon as possible because they only last 12,000 miles, so this problem is serious. There's a need to recall this Land Rover LR2 HSE and SE vehicles. I need this problem on my Land Rover LR2 HSE to be solved by the dealership as soon as possible!

I had a 2006 Range Rover Sport HSE. I loved it! At about 90,000 km, I started getting intermittent "reduced engine efficiency" warnings that began to result in low speed stalls. Check engine light occasionally would come on as well. I had my mechanic replace several sensors. Then I took it to the Land Rover dealer (in the next city) who diagnosed a mass airflow sensor as the culprit. This was changed but it kept reoccurring. More diagnostics (and the money associated with that) and resetting of the codes: same mafs but nothing was wrong with the sensor! Land Rover was unhelpful and quite frankly, disinterested. I guess the repeated cost resetting charges were making everyone happy (except me). So, I bought a 2013 Ford Explorer, a great vehicle at a half the cost, same great cargo space, better ride (!) and a more accessible dealer network. It's a great truck.
I'm very disappointed in Land Rover. I currently have a Mercedes E-class which I've had for almost 10 years without any significant issues, as well as a summer-only 5-year old Porsche that has cost me only oil changes. I don't mind spending money on vehicles, but I won't be loyal to a brand that can't fix their own vehicles properly. Good riddance, Landie, forever.

It's only two years old and a piece of **. My Rover didn't even make it out of warranty before it had issues. I had replaced the alternator just before the warranty was up. About 4 months after the warranty was up, I had small issues with the vehicle. Exactly 1 year after I replaced the alternator, I had to replace it again, and this alternator is overpriced like you wouldn't believe! My vehicle is now currently sitting in a transmission shop, where they just called and told me that I needed to just trade in my vehicle because I have over 30 codes wrong in the diagnostics. My rear end, and my engine is next to go out in my vehicle! The transmission shop is not even charging me for the service, and he said that he wouldn't feel right fixing the transmission, when the engine in the rear and is about to go out of my vehicle too. I wish that Land Rover was that honest with me when I bought my vehicle. I am a previous Mercedes owner. I will never, in this lifetime, ever purchase another Land Rover.
Get extended Warranty for your Range Rover now
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 6:13am On Nov 06, 2014
The last of the series why a proud owner needs extended warranty. These are comments from Owners in the USA and Europe where we assumed they know the Range better than the manufacturer. What about our dear own Coscharis Motors? Can any one who bought a Range from Coscharis and goes there for repairs tell us about his experience in Nigeria? Please feel free to let us know the issues militating against the comfort and thrills your Range Rover is expected to give.

I bought a 1999 HSE from a guy in NW Houston. He was only too happy to unload this ** on me for $3300. It drives great, it blows cold AC, but since I've had it, I've spent nearly twice what I paid for it. First, the key fob broke. It cost $700+ for them to send me this ancient looking control two weeks later. The sun roof track broke. They told me it would cost $2800 to replace the parts. Later, it was $2900 for brakes and shocks, and then, the last straw was $3000 for the catalytic converter. The back story: On one of my "wallet siphoning" trips to RR North Houston, I had a head lamp reflector lamp come off and a fuel issue that caused my check engine light to come on. I paid $1300 for that, but the week later, the reflector came off and the check engine light came back on. They told me the "code" was new on the check engine soon, and to bring the truck in so they can see if I had done something to the light which is really only a snap in.
Wait, what?! They told me that I had to pay almost $300 for a whole light assembly, but what they really did was snapped in a reflector? Range Rover has a monopoly in the city because not many people can repair them. They treat you any kind of way because they know people almost have to rely on them for service. That really sucks. When I left today to get my reflector looked at, one guy told me it would be in on Monday, June 25. Then I got another call that said it would be in in a few weeks. I'm going to do my best to trade this vehicle in and for as long as I live, I never ever want to have dealings with the lying, cheating, stealing Range Rover or their product again.
Range Rover, less than a year old, was broadsided by a red light runner (no injuries). Eleven months later, it's still in the shop being repaired due to delayed parts shipments, wrong parts sent, and complete lack of interest by Land Rover in any customer assistance.

In January 2012, we experienced a blow out on front driver side of our 2008 Black Range Rover, which tore up the wiring harness that was above the wheel well. Land Rover was unable to secure parts to fix the vehicle, namely the wiring harness, for seven months. During the seven months they had the vehicle, they had told us they would take care our financial costs to rent a vehicle during this time due to them not being able to loan us a car from the dealership. They have now refused to help with any of the $3,944 worth of expenses we incurred from renting another vehicle to drive during that seven months. They have been terrible to deal with and are liars.
After dozens of emails and phone calls to them during these seven months confirming that they would reimburse the charges after the vehicle was fixed, they have basically now said they can't do anything for us. I will never ever purchase another Land Rover. Our insurance paid out over $18,000 to them to repair the vehicle and they still treat their customers unfairly. We couldn't be any more disappointed in this establishment - not only disappointment in their ability to secure parts in a timely fashion but also in their unfair treatment of customers. This is the first review I have ever written so you know the magnitude of our disappointment.

I bought a 2004 Range Rover on 5/12/12 from this dealership (Vision Custom Car). Three days after having the vehicle, the car shut off on me. I called Mr. ** and advised what happened. He stated maybe the car needed service. I took the car to be checked out by two different licensed Range Rover professionals and they stated he sold me a lemon. This vehicle need over 5,000 dollars of work; it had engine problems and all kinds of oil leakage in 4 different spots. I contacted Eric in regards to what's going on. He never will take my calls and finally, I got in contact with him and he stated I cannot give the car back and he is not paying to repair it. I paid $13,000 for the car and over $5,000 to have it repaired. In Mr. **'s report of the car (Carfax), the car was in very good condition, had no mechanical problems and no engine problems. Well, that was wrong. I am upset at how he handled business and he should not be a licensed dealership selling cars that are lemons. I want reimbursement of the extra $5,000 I had to put into this car and it has only been 1 month.

My Land Rover Range Rover Sport came to an emergency stop at over 60 mph after Land Rover told me it was fixed and had been in the dealers for three days. I then drove it going to work at a speed of over 60 mph. Suddenly, it stopped then I went forward and back and I went forward and back again. As I came back, I broke my neck on the headrest. I am now on a wheelchair with very little use of my left side and in constant pain. The car has done the same thing several times before but only at a speed of between 5 and 10 mph. It only caused a small jolt. Land Rover will not admit liability but has offered me a small amount of money which I refused. Before the one that caused my accident, I had four other Sport HSE's that I never had problems with. It was a faulty product fault. Why can Land Rover say sorry. The part that caused the problem will have been made by another small parts company instead of making me suffer. The book should be put onto them. I am not happy with Land Rover at all. I am a shareholder in the company and this is how I am treated.

I am an old customer of Land Rover since years and I was really satisfied with the services I got until now. An incident occurred where my car caught fire suddenly and it caused damage to my car. Thankfully, nothing happened to the passengers seated inside it, but the front part was completely damaged. The car is under warranty and has also been given for servicing on time. There was no fault with the car, but the sudden fire did take us all by surprise. Luckily, the door lock worked and the car opened and we could come out and stop the fire. I am a proud customer of Land Rover since years and this is my car of this company. I have a Range Rover sport and two Freelander 2.
The car which I am talking about here is Freelander 2, which I had purchased around 2 years back. The matter has been reported to the authorized dealer, but they are little slow I guess. It would be nice if you could contact me through my mobile number or the email address provided by me or you could also give me a contact number where I can talk about this issue. I'm having problems without my car and it would be nice of you if you could do it at the earliest possible. Thank you!

I purchased this truck for my wife on January 2007 with 30,000 miles. On August 2007, my truck was hit by some guy from Indiana who didn't have insurance (by this time, I had 32,000 miles), but I was fortunate to have full coverage on my vehicle. I had my car towed to the Land Rover dealership in Darien and was told by Land Rover to have my car towed to Coatling's Auto Body Shop because it was their preferred repair shop for Land Rover. They had to replace the front end, transmission, which they got paid by well over $25,000 for the repair (minus my $1000 deductible). I didn't get my car back until June 2008 and mysteriously, I had 42,000 miles on my vehicle.
Ever since I got my truck back, I have been bringing it back to them for the same reason. The truck kept giving error codes and at times, locking up. So when I brought it back to them, Joe from Coatling's said it was a new transmission and it had to break in. So after 3 weeks, I had to bring it back in for the same issue and I was told by Joe and Peter that it was now the wire harness. Then 2 weeks later, I'm having the same problem and now Joe and Peter tells me it is the solenoids on the transmission. Long story short, they had Joe from Land Rover come down to their shop to look at my truck and he said what I was saying all along that the transmission was "shot" so they can order another transmission. They stated that they had to contact the company where they get their transmissions from and they said the guy there stated it was a good thing I brought it back because it was a few days within the one year warranty expiration.
So they sent one down 3 months later. Coatling's then had Joe from Land Rover repair it in their shop. Finally, I got my car back yet again for the 10th time, it was riding as if it was missing a gear so I bring it back again. I was told that it was another bad transmission or solenoid so they stated that they had to contact the company yet again. But they said that they only cover the first transmission and that I would need to purchase another one on my own!

I purchased a 2006 Land Rover Range Rover Supercharge from Santa Monica Rover on November 26, 2011. 15 days later, on December, the check engine light came on. I took the car in for service at Encino Land Rover, $1,024.69 dollars later, the car was ready and running. On January 4, 2012, again the check engine light came back on again. I took it back to Encino Land Rover again on January 10, 2012, the dealership called and say it's the transmission needs replace at a cost of $7,500. there was an extended warranty on this 2006 that ended on the 29th of December 2011. Need to get the repairs done on this car and need to figure out what sort of compensation can be extended.

My name is Francesca and I recently moved to Antibes, France with my daughters Chiara and Allegra. We are English and chose our new car three years ago from Land Rover Azur Cars. A Defender 90 in gun metal grey --love at first sight!
This spring, on the motorway, there was suddenly a metallic roaring noise beside me. I thought it was a lorry overtaking but in fact, it was me. The 6th gear had taken on a life of its own. Concerned that I might be stranded, I limped home in 4th and booked an appointment with Land Rover Azur Cars for 16th May '11. I was also concerned that the 3-year warranty for the car expired mid-July '11. Allegra and her car are permanently in Milan so when I took the Defender in, they organized a Mini for me as a substitute. At the cost of 50 euros per day. The chief mechanic, Claude **, told me to call the next day but there was no diagnosis.
In the meantime, I received an urgent letter from Land Rover headquarters informing all owners of this model that there was seepage of oil into the braking system and that I should hotfoot it to Land Rover. Given that the car was already there, I sent Mr. ** the letter and finally received information that the gearbox would have to be replaced (he told me that both works were under guarantee) and that he would ask Land Rover to take over the charges for the Mini. I told him very clearly that I was booked for an extended stay abroad from 8th June until 4th October '11, advising him too that Chiara couldn't drive due to a medical condition and that the Mini was parked on the road nearby just getting dirty. He told me there was no problem, all was in hand and not to worry.
Time rolled on, Chiara and I called LR Azur Cars many times with no result going through various departments of used car sales, BMW motorbikes, the latest Mini/Land Rover promotion and put on endless hold for the mechanics department. Finally, I left. To shorten the story, Chiara telephoned and emailed regularly to find out what was happening.
After a desperate phone call from Chiara to Azur Cars, there was an arrangement for someone to bring the LR and take back the Mini on 4PM one afternoon. Chiara took time off work, waited for the rendezvous but no one showed up. On 26/08/11, a registered letter from Land Rover Azure Cars arrived saying: We received the Land Rover frame No. ** on 17th May (it was actually 16th May). The car was repaired on 20th June. We don't have any room and can't keep your car here indefinitely. We are asking you to pay 35 per day for parking rates as well as the rental of 50 per day starting on the 30th June up until you come to pick up the car and deliver the rental one.
In one phone call from the office of the lawyer I have now employed (after receiving the registered letter), a discussion from LR Azur Cars to go 50/50 was mooted but was rejected. Three letters have been sent by the lawyer to LR Azur Cars, but no reply as yet. The lawyer's letters have been 'indignant' and he has told me not to go to Land Rover Azur Cars/Mini before seeing him. I can't be without my car indefinitely while the lawyers send each other 'indignant' letters. I consider this situation similar to legalized extortion and I do not intend to pay a penny for something brought about entirely by the inefficiency and inflexibility of Land Rover Azur Cars.
I have returned the Mini to the rental company, I have had to fork out 2,000.00 for the wear and tear incurred by having it parked on the street for 4 months and the post sales director refused to give me my car unless I paid the above sum. I don't want this ridiculous mountain created from a molehill to grow in even greater proportions. Please send me any advice/help possible as it doesn't seem likely that I am going to see my car again for at least another year, until the court order is over (wishful thinking?).

I purchased an '03 Land Rover Discovery. It instantly started having problems. The worst being when I was told my check engine light was on due to a cracked radiator. This was an out an out lie. The light was on due to two plug wires that were just a year old, falling off. The wires being off burnt up the ignition coil. Land Rover put the wires on but would not warranty their work. When I called the home office, I was told the service writer wrote the light was on because I brought it in with a cracked radiator. My radiator wasn't cracked when I brought it in so I refused to have it replaced.
It still isn't cracked and it's not leaking. The dealerships are liars and their work is substandard. I told the home office I never had the radiator replaced but the check engine light is off so I want my money back for the wires and coil. She insisted the light was due to the radiator. Again, I asked why I paid $800 for a new coil and wires and how the light went off of it wasn't the coil and I didn't replace the radiator. She could answer and just kept rereading the service writers notes saying the same contradictory things over and over. Finally telling me she couldn't do anything if she did agree with me.

I purchased a new 2004 Land Rover Discovery Series II from Jacksonville Land Rover (Matheny). With less than 50,000 miles, the dealership had my car for 21 days, then advised my entire engine needed to be replaced. I paid 5 grand. Now, with 92,000 miles (47,000 on this new engine), once again my engine has been diagnosed as "terminal". Are you kidding me? That's 2 engines with 92,000 miles. LR Corporate wants to know "what I expect". It was a total joke. It is a huge finance burden. Corporate takes no responsibility and fault. The car is a complete lemon. I take excellent care of my car, doing oil changes, etc. This should not be allowed to happen.

I have a new LR2 HSE 2009 and I have been plagued with all kinds of problems. I know that all cars have problems but it is the service that matters. I believed that when a person jumps to the luxury class of vehicles that service is better. That's a Big 'NO' with Land Rover Ottawa. Just now (06/18/2010) my rover has been sitting at the dealer for 8 days, I called to see what's going on and this is what they tell me -"your vehicle has been ready for days but will have to come back again for more service, we are waiting for parts and it may take a few weeks" what the hell is that. I leave my rover at the dealer for 8 days while I rent a car then only after I call I find out that nothing has been done and I have to bring it back for more repairs.
I have not been able to use the sunroof for 2 years, it caught on fire while I was on the freeway going 120km/h, the Back door opens while driving, navigation shuts down periodically, sun visor broken, back door hydraulics cannot support the weight of the door so I have to hold it up and the list goes on. My LR2 only has 26,000km on it and I feel that if it hits 50k it will fall apart. I like the Truck but hate the service and that is the downfall with land Rover. Physical Damage - Cost of rentals and the mental stress that the truck is going to break down

I purchased a used Land Rover Discovery in 2007 from a Land Rover dealership. The vehicle had 45,000 miles on it. Soon after we moved to Kansas and in the middle of a snow storm, 2 of my window motors went out and the windows wouldn't go up. So I took it to the dealership here and at a cost of $200.00 each, I replaced them. Then I had to fix the head gasket due to a leak. In 2009, the oil pressure light came on and the vehicle died. I towed it to the dealership and was told the engine had an oil pump failure and you can't just replace the oil pump by design you have to replace the engine. Next, I learn from the internet (not the dealership) that there was a technical report sent out for my VIN range that warned dealerships of oil pump failures.
I then called Land Rover and asked what they were going to do to help me since they knew about the problem and it was a faulty piece of equipment on their part. I was informed that they don't do anything and that it's my problem. So I purchased a new engine from Got Engines.com for $6,000 and asked the dealership for their address so I could ship it to them and have it put in my vehicle which was sitting in their lot. I was told by the parts manager that they will be charging me a delivery fee a storage fee until they put it in the vehicle and 20% of the engine cost for a parts fee. I was very upset and after a few calls, I got these fees waived. After installing the engine for $3,000, they told me I needed to purchase a few hundred dollars in hoses, and I had to replace another window motor. I showed up to pick up my vehicle and noticed that all of the plastic housing for the radiator was missing. I was asked if I took it off before bringing it there which is absurd and the supervisor there actually had to take the part off of his vehicle and put it on mine so I would sign the paperwork. After driving my vehicle for about a month, the check engine light came on and the oil pressure light came on again. I checked the oil and it was out.
After taking it to an oil change place, I called them and was told it will drink oil because the seals haven't set yet. Since my check engine light didn't go off, I took it back to the shop and was told I need about $700.00 worth of environmental parts. I was informed it was safe to drive and took it home. Now as of 2 days ago, I was driving down the highway and low and behold the check engine light started flashing and the oil pressure light flashed once so I pulled over where it died. I had it towed back home and called Got engines to start the warranty process. Got engines was helpful until their warranty tech got on the phone and began all the reasons that this could be my fault and they don't pay for any labor to have it looked at. I have put 6,000 miles on the new engine; all oil changes were current and up to date. And yet again, I'm stuck with what is looking like another enormous bill. I would not recommend purchasing anything from Land Rover, not even a hat!

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 06, 2014
i love the range like mad, but i don't know why am scared of it, that's why am forever focused on the Ford explorer.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 10:01pm On Nov 06, 2014
No need to be scared of it. We have mastered the Range. From owning one and encountering all the wahala on the Sport. Since 2011, I have not spent more than 350k on my Range besides oil service and transmission fluid which I follow regularly. My catalyst is gone because I used an Engine oil not suitable for the Range when I was sampling the oil's effectiveness. The weight was too heavy for the Range that the plugs were now soaking oil. By and large, my companion is still solidly by me, I have only changed one air suspension bag, one used air compressor, countless ball joints and busings because of our crater potholes on the highways, octane boosters and fuel magic cans which cleans my injectors and removes all the carbon deposits, a/c compressor, buffings and polishings, roof change and dashboard repair because of Abuja Sun. My air suspension bag is leaking right now, but the way it was calibrated, it can never fail and last of all, my brake light switch and countless batteries because we have too many expired batteries being sold as brand new. Today, I just changed the linkages and ball joints because I am preparing to go to PH to arrange our Port harcourt Center. Nothing strange about the Range, the testimonies of the owners pasted here are those who trust in the dealers and believe that they read the mind of Land Rover but we have seen how deceitful the dealers turned out to be. The thrills every owner gets while on the wheels of a Range is nothing to be compared to the little inconveniences one encounters when we dont follow the rules like it happened to me in lokoja when my fan belt got broken.I spent 2 days in lokoja before I got the belt and fixed it. Like the logo caption above, Land Rover! Above and beyond. No comparison

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by lungwun(m): 7:58am On Nov 07, 2014
Are you based in Abuja then? As you mentioned Abuja sun.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 11:03am On Nov 07, 2014
Yes, been there since 2011. We are renovating our workshop opp Games Village main gate but we still render selected repairs services right now. Will soon be ready for all Land Rovers, Range Rovers, Evoques and the Sports.

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Nixon55(m): 2:56pm On Nov 07, 2014
@sooperrescue..
Each time i read about the tale of woes coming from owners of Land Rover vehicles, my heart skips because of the love I have for the LR3 which I am planning on buying in no distant future. However, your words are always reassuring so I guess I would go ahead anyway at least you are opening a center in PH...

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 11:32pm On Nov 07, 2014
No shaking. There is nothing to fear. Those complainants were those who trusted in the dealers and so with a big overhead, the dealer will factor the cost in all they do. Yes, we are making arrangements for the PH center and every detail is being looked into right now. We will gladly welcome the LR3 when you bring it in. Congrats in advance to Above and Beyond.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by IdaraCHODB(m): 1:46am On Nov 09, 2014
Introducing yet another Range Rover - Holland and Holland Range Rover, it costs £180,000 which is a lot more than a ‘regular' Range Rover LWB supercharged V8 by £70,000

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/range-rover-svo-holland-and-holland-2014-11-07
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Gee2728(m): 1:53pm On Nov 10, 2014
sooperrescue:
No shaking. There is nothing to fear. Those complainants were those who trusted in the dealers and so with a big overhead, the dealer will factor the cost in all they do. Yes, we are making arrangements for the PH center and every detail is being looked into right now. We will gladly welcome the LR3 when you bring it in. Congrats in advance to Above and Beyond.
to be safe anyone buying one of this rangies shld factor in an amount so you cld come do a proper inspection so one cld get value for money. nice job bro keep up the good work till I call u for a pre purchase inspection.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (50) (Reply)

Is It Good To Remove Thermostat To Stop Overheating? / Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers / Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 233
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.