Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

Range Rover Sports Club - Car Talk (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Range Rover Sports Club (153667 Views)

Check Out The Chinese Version Of Range Rover, So Cute! (Photos) / The 2014 Range Rover Sports - Big Boy Toy / Leaked Images Of the 2014 Range Rover Sport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by theoilguy: 6:28am On Feb 14, 2021
sooperrescue:
1m Range Rover sport has just been sold. Congratulations if you own one and let us hear from you about the benefits and disadvantages of owning the best luxury SUV in the world

Nairaland mechanic, you still owe me 50k.

I will give you a few days to make good your promise after which we ll resume hostilities on all your threads..
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Vested(m): 4:00pm On Feb 23, 2021
Why are LR3s going for dirt cheap prices lately?
Reliability issues, I guess?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 1:43am On Feb 24, 2021
Vested:
Why are LR3s going for dirt cheap prices lately?
Reliability issues, I guess?

Not really, it is just the market demand for it is waning. And most of the owners are managers and not directors.

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Vested(m): 2:38am On Feb 24, 2021
sooperrescue:

Not really, it is just the market demand for it is waning. And most of the owners are managers and not directors.

Lol...
Ok.
So what must one do or need to do to attain Director Status for an LR3?
What habits must he/she imbibe to keep an LR3 sound and healthy all day everyday?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by kingreign(m): 8:55am On Feb 24, 2021
sooperrescue:

Most folks owning a RRS LR3 don't can't maintain an es350 and then they jump over to owning such a high maintenance suv.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 10:14am On Feb 24, 2021
Vested:

Lol...
Ok.
So what must one do or need to do to attain Director Status for an LR3?
What habits must he/she imbibe to keep an LR3 sound and healthy all day everyday?

Hmmmm, nothing to do than to fix the problem when it arises. Funny enough the lr3 has a better ride handling than the Sport. It was certified on the Elegushi Eleko shoreline years ago, the engine is the same with the Sport, and also the transmission and air suspension are the same. The owners tend to look down on themselves that they are driving the entry level of the luxury brand and therefore are not too keen on taking adequate care of the car. They will be inside their cars and envying Sport and forgetting that they have a 3 seater car that even Sport later gave their newer models. And the most funny story of all is that it is cheaper to maintain. It's when you give it to those that are not adept at the car, that is when you start spending money unnecessary.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Vested(m): 12:13pm On Feb 24, 2021
sooperrescue:

Hmmmm, nothing to do than to fix the problem when it arises. Funny enough the lr3 has a better ride handling than the Sport. It was certified on the Elegushi Eleko shoreline years ago, the engine is the same with the Sport, and also the transmission and air suspension are the same. The owners tend to look down on themselves that they are driving the entry level of the luxury brand and therefore are not too keen on taking adequate care of the car. They will be inside their cars and envying Sport and forgetting that they have a 3 seater car that even Sport later gave their newer models. And the most funny story of all is that it is cheaper to maintain. It's when you give it to those that are not adept at the car, that is when you start spending money unnecessary.

Hmmm...
The Sport is cool but for me, I think it draws a lot of unnecessary attention.
That 3-seater is another good thing for the LR3.
I like your take on this.
Maybe I'll begin paying attention to the LR3 and its owners.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by erico2k2(m): 6:22pm On Feb 24, 2021
sooperrescue:
Issues for today and tomorrow. Your engine oil. We want to inform everyone using oils manufactured in Nigeria that they are not approved for range rover brand of vehicles. I'm not selling engine oil and therefore I am not demarketing other brands. Toyota is the first manufacturer that has disqualified Total, Mobil,Forte, Oando and MRS engine oil. Their first criteria for the oil suitable for their cars is that they must be gasoline engine oil only and energy or resource conserving. None of these oil marketers sell gasoline only engine oil locally and neither are they energy conserving. 5w30 engine oil is the highest grade being sold by these companies and we are now on 0w20 since 2008 for Toyota, Ford, Honda and a lot of vehicles. Why are we still using these oils when they are not suitable for our cars. I am agonizing this morning because there are two range rovers that we are fixing right now because of the engine oil that was used. One is a 2012 that the local mechanic used Conoil 20w50 and another 2014 that they used Mobil 1 local on. These oils are not necessary for these engines. Let us use the recommended oil for our cars. Be always vigilant about the oil being used on your car by mechanics as you will be the one to bring out the money to restore your car back. If you want to know more about the oil for your car and where to find them, send an SMS to 08098534267 and we'll help you find it. Owning a car in Nigeria is not a curse.
My OIl and filter come with me from England!I will never put those vegetable oils they call Engine oils in my car, This has fried my Jeep and My generator already, I have since learnt my lesson!
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 8:29pm On Feb 24, 2021
erico2k2:

My OIl and filter come with me from England!I will never put those vegetable oils they call Engine oils in my car, This has fried my Jeep and My generator already, I have since learnt my lesson!
That's is the hurdle we are still facing here but it is the owners that requires the cheap oil and they will say it doesn't matter, where am I going?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 8:36pm On Feb 24, 2021
Vested:

Hmmm...
The Sport is cool but for me, I think it draws a lot of unnecessary attention.
That 3-seater is another good thing for the LR3.
I like your take on this.
Maybe I'll begin paying attention to the LR3 and its owners.

I believe that the unecessary attention on the Sport is because of the way we sit on the seat and it makes it look like you are posing, even with our big tommy, we are still posing. But the Lr3 with the front seat is designed to go anywhere, with the Ac, powered by 2 evaporators and a dvd player in the middle, it is a child delight to take charge of the rear seats.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by erico2k2(m): 8:36pm On Feb 24, 2021
sooperrescue:

That's is the hurdle we are still facing here but it is the owners that requires the cheap oil and they will say it doesn't matter, where am I going?
This is why threads like this is a lifesaver for those who do not know. Can you imagine me frying my Engine that cost nearly N4M, How I go take tell the story! . It is easy to find what kind of oil your car needs but if a car owner out of their own stupidity or greed opt to use groundnut oil(Any Engine oil) nah dem sabi. As I speak to you the Perkins Gen at the Mrs Business just packed up,I opened it and found thick fresh oil at the bottom plate like grease. They have just used one dead oil to service the generator b4 I got there. Now I have to go and buy two new pistons and grind the head plus wash all sludge out of the Engine, Wrong Oils are killers of Engine

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by erico2k2(m): 8:38pm On Feb 24, 2021
sooperrescue:

I believe that the unecessary attention on the Sport is because of the way we sit on the seat and it makes it look like you are posing, even with our big tommy, we are still posing. But the Lr3 with the front seat is designed to go anywhere, with the Ac, powered by 2 evaporators and a dvd player in the middle, it is a child delight to take charge of the rear seats.
U know me lol its the SPORT any day, my dream SVR oh lord grin grin

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 8:55pm On Feb 24, 2021
erico2k2:

U know me lol its the SPORT any day, my dream SVR oh lord grin grin

hmmmm, nothing can beat that look. When I am stuck in traffic and feeling tired, immediately the Sport enters the traffic scene, it lifts up the stress and you will then exclaim, this is the real deal. And the traffic eases immediately
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Vested(m): 12:35pm On Feb 25, 2021
sooperrescue:

hmmmm, nothing can beat that look. When I am stuck in traffic and feeling tired, immediately the Sport enters the traffic scene, it lifts up the stress and you will then exclaim, this is the real deal. And the traffic eases immediately

I love the Sport but when folks see you in a RRS let's say 2007, they'd think you are far affluent than the guy who drives a Lexus RX350 2011.
That attention na Him I dey try avoid abeg. grin
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 4:51pm On Feb 25, 2021
Vested:

I love the Sport but when folks see you in a RRS let's say 2007, they'd think you are far affluent than the guy who drives a Lexus RX350 2011.
That attention na Him I dey try avoid abeg. grin

Of course Rrs owners are proud of their ride.You can’t compare Rx350 with the Sport. Even freelander 2 is higher than the RX350.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by erico2k2(m): 11:28pm On Feb 26, 2021
sooperrescue:

Of course Rrs owners are proud of their ride.You can’t compare Rx350 with the Sport. Even freelander 2 is higher than the RX350.
Toyota gang are c o ming for you just wait grin grin
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Barby8: 1:01am On Feb 27, 2021
I love auto and motorcycle sports. I don’t know what could be better. I often ride a motorcycle that I rent here: motorbike rental hanoi is a great way to spend time and have fun. I don't have my own motorcycle yet, but I hope that someday it will be.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by kingreign(m): 6:16am On Feb 27, 2021
sooperrescue:

Listen to the crap you wrote
I just shame for you as you write am.
Anyways when it comes to promoting your preferred brand, lying and saying misleading info about other brand occurs so as to divert attention from other brand even when the rival brand is way better...

4 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Snoobor(m): 7:24am On Feb 27, 2021
Range or nothing... drive Range Rover Sport around town and feel the respect & honor given to u.

Range Rover Sport get levels abeg!
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 3:41am On Feb 28, 2021
Snoobor:
Range or nothing... drive Range Rover Sport around town and feel the respect & honor given to u.

Range Rover Sport get levels abeg!
Thank you sir. 1m sport has been sold worldwide. For a luxury brand that is way above it's rivals.

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 3:46am On Feb 28, 2021
kingreign:

Listen to the crap you wrote
I just shame for you as you write am.
Anyways when it comes to promoting your preferred brand, lying and saying misleading info about other brand occurs so as to divert attention from other brand even when the rival brand is way better...

Bros, na so I see it. Freelander 2 is not in the same category with a lexus rx350 in terms of ride handling, equipment and options. That's the model that has been discontinued but if you feel it's not so, then it's how you see it too. Abi?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 3:51am On Feb 28, 2021
erico2k2:

Toyota gang are c o ming for you just wait grin grin
if they come with facts, good. Lexus is sweet to drive but it is an advanced Toyota. And if Toyota says that because a lot of people are using it, then it's better than a range rover model, let them prove it.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by theoilguy: 5:27am On Mar 17, 2021
sooperrescue:

if they come with facts, good. Lexus is sweet to drive but it is an advanced Toyota. And if Toyota says that because a lot of people are using it, then it's better than a range rover model, let them prove it.

Sooperrescue, I have given you ample time to pay me back my 50k. A few respected nairalanders even called me personally and asked me to seize all hostilities that you have promised to pay.. I listened.. Over 1 year after, nothing yet..

Would you like us to resume again? Is it that the poverty biting you is too much that you have to rely on stolen Castrol oil? Or are the other cases you are facing too much for you to handle?

Very soon, we will start from where we stopped.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by helpishere(m): 3:00am On Apr 12, 2021
theoilguy:

Sooperrescue, I have given you ample time to pay me back my 50k. A few respected nairalanders even called me personally and asked me to seize all hostilities that you have promised to pay.. I listened.. Over 1 year after, nothing yet..

Would you like us to resume again? Is it that the poverty biting you is too much that you have to rely on stolen Castrol oil? Or are the other cases you are facing too much for you to handle?

Very soon, we will start from where we stopped.

Are you guys still bickering over your past issues? Just chill. He is waiting for the right time to give you a robust response.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by dondeston(f): 7:35pm On Apr 12, 2021
Hello @sooperrescue please how do i reach you, where is your workshop and I need to talk to you.

You can reach me on 08183121281
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Snoobor(m): 1:02pm On Apr 29, 2021
Pls I need Castrol Edge 5w30 extended performance in gold color gallon... wanna service 2013 Range Rover Sport... kindly drop contact of where I can get in Lagos
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 7:15am On Apr 30, 2021
Snoobor:
Pls I need Castrol Edge 5w30 extended performance in gold color gallon... wanna service 2013 Range Rover Sport... kindly drop contact of where I can get in Lagos
2013 range rover sport uses. 5w20. you will be needing 2 gallons. tobitayo is on nairaland and theoilguy too
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Snoobor(m): 10:44am On Apr 30, 2021
sooperrescue:

2013 range rover sport uses. 5w20. you will be needing 2 gallons. tobitayo is on nairaland and theoilguy too

I used Castrol Edge 5w30 extended performance already but noted that I’ll be switching to the 5w20 as from next service. I’m also attaching a pic of the car & the oil I used to get exact details

1 Share

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 12:13pm On Apr 30, 2021
Snoobor:

I used Castrol Edge 5w30 extended performance already but noted that I’ll be switching to the 5w20 as from next service. I’m also attaching a pic of the car & the oil I used to get exact details
it's 5w20 that you need
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Snoobor(m): 8:59pm On Apr 30, 2021
sooperrescue:

it's 5w20 that you need

Aiit Boss noted... I’ll switch to 5w20 soon. Thanks
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 11:55am On May 02, 2021
Snoobor:

Aiit Boss noted... I’ll switch to 5w20 soon. Thanks

Good
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 12:24pm On May 09, 2021
2020 Range Rover autobiography for sale and 2020 Gwagon for sale. Contact me for price 08034534267

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (50) (Reply)

Is It Good To Remove Thermostat To Stop Overheating? / Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers / Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.