Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,559 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:26 PM

Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant (9548 Views)

Ogun To Commission 40 Projects For The Commemoration Of Her 40th Anniversary / Dickson Hoodwinks Jonathan To Commission Flyover - Sahara Reporters / Aregbesola Set To Commission Ejigbo High School (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by TeaParty: 5:43am On Nov 23, 2013
ALL is now set for the commissioning of the multi-million naira ultra modern integrated air conditioner and water dispenser manufacturing plant located in Enugu State.

The plant, 100 per cent Nigerian owned and the first in South-East and South-South geo-political zones of the country with a capacity of employing over 200 persons will be commissioned by President Goodluck Jonathan on December 6.

The President will also lay the foundation stone for two other industries – a PVC manufacturing plant and LCD/LED assembly plant, all located within the premises of the company, tagged, “White Horse Industrial City.”

Managing Director, White Horse General Appliances Limited, Chika Joseph Okechukwu, told journalists yesterday that the company sitting on 100 acres of land was a fulfillment of a dream that started in 2007, when the foundation stone of the place was laid by the then Enugu State Governor Sullivan Chime.

He said, “The entire master plan is going to be an industrial city called the “White Horse Industrial City,” where all the products we have on our catalogue and other ones that are not there are manufactured and assembled at the same time. For example, we have refrigerators, and we are going to build the plant here. We have a bottling company for water and beverages. We have one of the best water here, which is the same, the Henkel plant and 7up are using. It will be a small city.”

Okechukwu said that he decided to site the industry in Egede, Enugu State based on a number of higher institutions turning out graduates in the state, adding that when all the units of the area come on stream, it would employ about 1000 workers.

He called on governments in the country to continue to encourage local industries by way of patronising their products, saying it was the only way they could survive and boost employment.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php/news/national-news/139191-jonathan-to-commission-enugu-plant

29 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by Buchianom(m): 6:43am On Nov 23, 2013
Nice one from coal city.

We welcome our dear president to 042, Obodo Oyibo, Obodo ife nine na eme!!!

34 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by Nobody: 6:46am On Nov 23, 2013
Nice investment

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by premlove(m): 6:47am On Nov 23, 2013
I talk am say this fresh air go block my nose, road smooth like my skin fan dey blow my yansh any how and some people say jona no dey work abeg jona all the way till 2019

20 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by GeneralJ(m): 6:50am On Nov 23, 2013
Please like this post pleaseeee

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by iterator25: 6:51am On Nov 23, 2013
Nice
Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by adezTOjamz(m): 7:05am On Nov 23, 2013
God bless us more.
Kudos to Presi cool
Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by okeyley: 7:36am On Nov 23, 2013
ok. nice step in the right direct smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by lovat(m): 9:24am On Nov 23, 2013
Is it not this same ENUGU that is the crime centre in Nigeria? This kind of investment will not be possible if it was really true.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by Adesam09(m): 9:55am On Nov 23, 2013
Goodluck is a fine boy... Oya clap for it
Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by omokidew: 9:56am On Nov 23, 2013
Another assembly plant. tongue
Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by Jayses(m): 9:57am On Nov 23, 2013
Abeg na which kind plant , I guess it aloe vera
Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by Ediss(m): 9:57am On Nov 23, 2013
I love you MY président. See you 2019 OK MY dear GEJ wink

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by paulworld(m): 9:58am On Nov 23, 2013
Ok ok, any update about ASUU strike please
Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by Leadn(m): 9:58am On Nov 23, 2013
Ediss: I love you MY président. See you 2019 OK MY dear GEJ wink

LOL... Dream on wink
Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by lonelydora: 9:58am On Nov 23, 2013
Kudos to Enugu
Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by Carsonv(m): 9:59am On Nov 23, 2013
***Space Booked***

Waiting till 6th December when I see photos before I comment! We always talk big and do little!

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by mrphysics(m): 9:59am On Nov 23, 2013
mr. Jonathan the gud people of enugu state love u. we will express our love in action by 2015. am getting closer to first to comment. if u will vote Jonathan by 2015 pls like

32 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by submarine1(m): 10:00am On Nov 23, 2013
Let him get well first, there is still abt 2 weeks to d commissioning..be well presido
Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by Nobody: 10:01am On Nov 23, 2013
Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by jericco1(m): 10:02am On Nov 23, 2013
Till then sha
Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by mejai(m): 10:02am On Nov 23, 2013
Abeg oga presido jona, don't forget to pull over at udi to join me for a keg of mmanya ocha wit bush meat, dEn we put am for reverse gear till we reach eze street....ebe ife nile na eme.
Ka anyi tawa abacha. Don't forgeT o

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by Ediss(m): 10:04am On Nov 23, 2013
After GEJ it will still be GEJ and GEJ till then end of 2019. Û are our father bro joena. Make bad belle people go kiss pig penic

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by mejai(m): 10:05am On Nov 23, 2013
lovat: Is it not this same ENUGU that is the crime centre in Nigeria? This kind of investment will not be possible if it was really true.
Bad belle! Leave Enugu for us o,

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by patriotic007: 10:05am On Nov 23, 2013
The best way to create employment is to encourage investments like this by the private sector,...at the rate at which investors foreign and local are trooping into Nigeria,the unemployment days are numbered,...the ungoing free trade zones in delta and ondo is owned fully by private players and they will employ 30000 nigerians directly and 100000 indirectly,....What government need to do now is improve power,reconstruct roads,build railways,renovate old railways,improve airports and modernise our ports and water ways

12 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by Carsonv(m): 10:05am On Nov 23, 2013
Promhize:

Amadioha fire you! Amadioha redirect all meaningful investment coming your way. Fool!

Yes this an e-curse.

Young man what is your problem? What has he said that warrants all the bile? Abi his English construction dey hard for you to understand.

U just acted like a Kobolander not a true Nairalander?
Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by Ediss(m): 10:07am On Nov 23, 2013
Leadn:

LOL... Dream on wink
you dey trip for MY président? No worry you hear? wink wink
Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by Richiy(f): 10:10am On Nov 23, 2013
Commissioning, commissioning everywhere, yet I no dey see lyt for my house.
Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by picoba(m): 10:12am On Nov 23, 2013

Some dont read before comment.
This industry is not own by federal Govt.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by basilo101: 10:12am On Nov 23, 2013
Industrialisation by local entrepreneurs remains d best approach. It may be slow bt more sustainable on d long run. All these govnors packing white men to d state beta hv a rethink

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by Tex42(m): 10:15am On Nov 23, 2013
Ride on big Joe!
#Teamjonadeywork#

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Restrains IGP From Proscribing Benue Livestock Guards / Tambuwal Leads As Okowa, Wike, Ikpeazu, Fayemi In Race For Peace Achievers Award / Mienpamo Onitsha Apologises To Kogi Over Fake ₦7bn Isolation Centre’s Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.