Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,811 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:25 PM

Can Anyone Ever Be Better Than Makelele In The Defensive Midfield Role? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Can Anyone Ever Be Better Than Makelele In The Defensive Midfield Role? (1008 Views)

Neymar Exposes Efe Ambrose's Defensive Lapses During Champions League Match / This Team Can Be Better Than 94 - Keshi / Nigerian Becomes The Highest Paid Defensive Back In Nfl History. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Anyone Ever Be Better Than Makelele In The Defensive Midfield Role? by donpapa(m): 12:10pm On Jul 21, 2008
Upon news that Claude Makelele may be moving away from Chelsea to Paris Saint Germain, I am shocked and upset. Makelele was, for a period, the main reason for the success of Chelsea. Following his departure from Real Madrid in 2003, the Los Galacticos era was evectually over and Madrid suffered from the loss of their defensive midfielder. However, I am glad to say I doubt the same will happen to Chelsea, with John Obi Mikel a capable replacement.
I really do hope that Chelsea don't suffer from this move, and if anyone can ever be better than Makelele in the defensive midfield role, I will be surprised. After all, his masterful performances led to that position being named "The Makelele Role."
Good luck Claude, and thanks for the memories.

Thoughts?
Re: Can Anyone Ever Be Better Than Makelele In The Defensive Midfield Role? by KnowAll(m): 9:57am On Jul 23, 2008
There is a new world in the English dictionary the Makalele role, - that is a defensive mid-feilder that can hold the ball Makalele perfected that role in the 1st 2 season of Jose Morinho's reign. English soccer analyst used the word the makalele role several times during Euro 2008 when analysing different matches. So makalele's name has come to stay in the lexicon of soccer.[size=8pt][/size][b][/b]
Re: Can Anyone Ever Be Better Than Makelele In The Defensive Midfield Role? by tocdee(m): 1:03pm On Jul 28, 2008
To answer the question, Mascherano and Flamini are already world beaters in that role and will go on to modify the DM/MC role.
Re: Can Anyone Ever Be Better Than Makelele In The Defensive Midfield Role? by bollingjoe(m): 5:07pm On Jul 31, 2008
flamini,gatuso re good examples in dat role.dont 4get the kaiser who made the workd take note of dat part of role

(1) (Reply)

101 Greatest Goals Of 2009/2010 / Peter Odemwingie Is The EPL Player Of The Month! Feb--2012! / World Cup Qualifiers 2014 Top 10 Goals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.