Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,029 members, 7,803,462 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

What Is The Difference Between Sunday Service And Sunday Mass? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Difference Between Sunday Service And Sunday Mass? (13572 Views)

Most Boring Sunday Mass I Have Ever Attended Is Today! / Confession!! Like If You Have Not Missed Any Sunday Mass This Year / One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between Sunday Service And Sunday Mass? by alfredo4u(m): 9:04am On Nov 24, 2013
In Christianity, we the Pentecostals call it Service while our fellow brothers in Catholics call it Mass.

Although they have the same objective, I would have prefer it to be called Sunday Service, because we all go to church to hear the word and get our soul renewed which is also known as Service.

Can those in Catholics explain better why is called Sunday Mass?

Brethren what's your stand?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Sunday Service And Sunday Mass? by Nobody: 10:23am On Nov 24, 2013
alfredo4u: In Christianity, we the Pentecostals call it Service while our fellow brothers in Catholics call it Mass.

Although they have the same objective, I would have prefer it to be called Sunday Service, because we all go to church to hear the word and get our soul renewed which is also known as Service.

Can those in Catholics explain better why is called Sunday Mass?

Brethren what's your stand?

The making of the eucharist is what makes the mass differant from the normal pentecostal service.Even if catholics decide to come together for anything that does not involve the eucharist it would not be reffered to as mass.The eucharist is the central theme behind the mass
Re: What Is The Difference Between Sunday Service And Sunday Mass? by Enigma(m): 10:31am On Nov 24, 2013
^^ If Roman Catholics had good sense to explain their own position like above (rather than saying others do not have this, that or the other) many people will leave them alone and not bother to criticise them for what they believe --- even those who don't agree with them.

smiley

(1) (Reply)

If Gays Are Born Gay, Are Kleptomaniacs Born Kleptomaniac? / Ghanaian Pastors Are Proving Worse Than Nigeria’s / Is It Right To Play Secular Songs During Christian Weddings?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.