Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married (28395 Views)

Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? / Can't We Just Get Married Without Involving Families? / For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 25, 2013
God2man: Appreciate the fact that you are single. Focus on how to develop yourself, spiritually, academically, character wise.

Understand who you really are, know your weaknesses(anger, pride, lazyness) and tame them.

Understand that marriage is not everything, but fulfilling your divine purpose on earth is more satisfying than marriage.

Before you marry that guy, commune with God, fast, deny yourself, make sacrifice for the work of God to move forward, plant a seed in your local church, i mean, involve yourself in the activities of the church, make contribution, do not be idle, work hard to see that the work of God move forward by your activities.
Whichever way you look at it, you will need God, one day, in your marriage.

Readers are leaders. The more you read, the more exprience you get. Our great grandfathers had no books but there was a cultural heritage.

Read books.

Why? So that you can learn from others, why they failed and how they made it.

Understand that wedding is not marriage, wedding is just for a day, marriage is till death. Do not prepare for wedding, but prepare for marriage. Think less about all those expensive materials for the wedding, focus on how you want your marraige to be in the next 10yrs.

Be nice to people, do not look down on anybody, because the guy that is penniless now, may be the world changer. Jesus was born in a manger, but he did not remain a manger, he became the world changer.

The Lord will give you the grace to understand the mystery of divine recognition. When you see the person, you will immediately recognize your divine partner.

God bless you.

God2man.
Beautiful!!!! Excellent!!! May I invite you to be a special guest and a contributing writer to a very important platform please I will be so grateful to have your acceptance, your comment made lots of sense, I am sure this is what majority of the serious-minded single ladies out there need to read right now!

God bless your wisdomsmiley
Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by judedwriter(m): 8:44pm On Nov 25, 2013
Love God with all your heart, serve and obey him. Keep away from ALL sexual sins-the major reason many ladies are still single is because of past sexual sins like-fornic*tion, masturb*tion, lesbia*ism, best*lity, etc. Spiritual spouses aare real and they do hinder marriages.
Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by judedwriter(m): 8:44pm On Nov 25, 2013
Love God with all your heart, serve and obey him. Keep away from ALL sexual sins-the major reason many ladies are still single is because of past sexual sins like-fornic*tion, masturb*tion, lesbia*ism, best*lity, etc. Spiritual spouses are real and they do hinder marriages.
Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by validplanet: 9:10pm On Nov 25, 2013
A good attitude is ur friend. I saw this book "Attitude is Everything" tho havent read it. getting involved in some social activities can be useful. then, looking good and always appearing neat is non-negotiable....
Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by JadeWilliam(f): 9:42pm On Nov 25, 2013
I am not a fan of books dat tel u wot 2do although d a lot But I believe in practicality as in hearin wot other ppl hav 2say&learnin frm other ppl's experiences.

Nice thread by d way.
Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by texanomaly(f): 9:45pm On Nov 25, 2013
[sub][/sub]
willy_ray: i'm free
[img]http:///ogPF/.jpg[/img][img]http:///ogPN/.jpg[/img]

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Smh
Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by brownsug(f): 9:50pm On Nov 25, 2013
Sensible talk

bellong: In what ways are you developing yourself for the future. Rather than waiting and looking for husband, use that energy to better yourself by adding values and skills.

Read books treating marriage and understudy marriages too to prepare for your home. Above all, begin to sow seed of prayers inthe your future home
Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by JadeWilliam(f): 9:50pm On Nov 25, 2013
Few Tips

1). Distance r/shp/ or abroad r/shp.Thats way out of it 4me.These men wil tie u dwn here&travel abroad 4greener pastures per say but keep communicatin wit u via facebk&phone cals while they're married 2a citizen ova there in d name of papers while d lady is here ageing evry yr&b4 u knw it;age is nolonger on d lady's side so b smart.

2).Wen somone hooks u up wit somone serious;show som seriousness&commitment cos I'v seen where most of connnections resulted 2marriage.

3).Wen on a date or meetin somone 4d 1st tym (whether arranged date or somone u met dat wants 2tak u out 4an official gettin 2knw eachother kind of date),don't look lik a hooker or runs girl by wearin transparent or top dat's 2low dwn d bo*bs or low waist jeans;mini skirts&gowns.If u do so;u'r just invitin s*x&not marriage.U can cover urself up&stil look smart.

4).Attend seminars&programmmes dat has 2do wit marriage

5).Chat wit married women&find out how they won d man's heart&how they'r buildin their marriage cos one thng is 2get married&another thng is 2stay married.

Ofcourse;put God 1st.Fast&pray.Ur prayer point shld b dat God shld giv u ur own divine husbnd cos not evry man is a husbnd material.A God fearin man dat takes d thngs of God seriously.
Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by Nobody: 9:58pm On Nov 25, 2013
Spiritual Angle

1.One of your primary purposes is marriage. Man/Woman was made to complement each other. Gen. 2: 20-24. Eve was made for Adam and vis-à-vis. Gen. 2: 23.

2.Marry someone that can easily forgive you. Adam and Eve forgave each other. Gen. 4: 1.

3.Name your relationship; when the purpose of a thing is not known, abuse is inevitable. Adam named Eve. He called her ‘Woman’, ‘My bone and flesh’. Gen. 2: 23.

4. The fact that your relationship is eventful doesn’t make it right. Remember Samson and Delilah. Judges 16.

5.Don’t marry or enter into a relationship with someone that isn’t hard/smart working. Ruth/Adam/Isaac was working when they met their spouse. Gen. 2: 1, Ruth, Gen. 17.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 25, 2013
6.Be specific and direct. Ask God for your spouse consciously. Matthew. 7: 7.

7.Marriage is obedience to God’s word: pray specifically that God should empower you to obey this commandment. Gen. 2.

8.In-laws can also be the revelation to your spouse’s heart about marriage. Ruth and Naomi.
Book of Ruth.

9.Marriage is very physical. Your looks matters. It took Esther a year of physical purification to be made His Queen by Her King. As spiritual as Abraham was, his wife was to kill for. Esther. Gen. 12.

10.When your spouse/mate isn’t focused on you, they might have other people distracting their attention. A double minded man is unstable in all his ways. James 1: 8.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by JadeWilliam(f): 10:03pm On Nov 25, 2013
ActionScript3: T
I am a talk dark God fearing, very handsome 29-32yr old guy who needs a caring, intelligent, God fearing, tall and presentable Yoruba lady
being born between june 22-july 22(Cancer) will be an added advantage.
Wot is special abt Cancerians?

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by Nobody: 10:07pm On Nov 25, 2013
Op if can co-ordinate this thread and make it more interactive I promise that y ou will in no time see desired results

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by Nobody: 10:27pm On Nov 25, 2013
#JustLadies The first mistake we make about love,is when we expect who we are loving,to love us back. If you truly love,you will get it back

#JustLadies Be real, much more than candle light and roses, marriage is also day light and dishes.

#JustLadies A guy prefers marrying a lady that says, “Good morning,” to the one that says, “Hi.” Guys don’t compromise respect.

# The right wife: Ruth's loyalty,Esther's resolve,Sarah's submission,Deborah tenacity ; Like the gifts of the Spirit,they manifest at the need

# Men of character find it easy to get married;If you are not dating a man of character,don't wonder why he is finding it difficult to propose

# JUST LADIES: The truthfulness of a suitor's vision is shown by the sincere interpretation of his living condition !
Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by Nobody: 10:35pm On Nov 25, 2013
11.If you haven’t been a good child to your parents, you probably won’t make a good parent yourself, therefore, affecting your marriage. One of the Ten Commandments says honour your parents so it will be well with you. Deut.

12.God will preserve your spouse in a package in which only your virtue can unravel. How Rebecca met Isaac. Gen. 17.

13.Sex: If you can’t wait till after the wedding, it is not worth the marriage. Marriage is honourable when the bed is undefiled. You can only find this out after your wedding. . Heb. 13: 4.

14.In marriage two people are important, your spouse and God. The others are totally insignificant. Adam and Eve didn’t have friends or relatives
See Gen.2

15.People marry who domesticated them not necessarily the ones that excite them. David and Abigail. 1 Sam. 25: 30 - 42.

16.People only marry who speaks to the King in them. Rev. 1: 6.

17.You have to be sensitive. Eve was brought before Adam. He could have rejected her. It took God time to create Eve, if you reject, it might take some time to create another. Gen. 2.

18.Be focused, you can only marry one person. If your eyes are single, your life will be full of light. With focus comes clear sight. Matt. 6: 22.

19.Never marry one that doesn’t fear God, because, a day might come when it will take only God to intervene in your marriage. Prophet Nathan, David, Abigail, e.t.c.

20.Before you say ‘I do’, that habit, can you tolerate it for life? He/she may not change. Think about this. King Saul never respected Prophets, thereby disrespecting God.

4 Likes

Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by charismatic1(f): 10:36pm On Nov 25, 2013
Hello Everyone.
I appreciate the boldness of the person who posted this post. I, therefore want to add my own boldness since i can see more Males flooding this topic instead of ladies.

If you’re of these professions [(Medical(doctor, nurse, pharmacist, physical therapist etc, Financial(accountant, Economists etc) Engineer(all fields)],and between the ages of 29 to 40 years, a Christian who is devoted and have the fear of God, serious minded guy, a good family background, kindly contact me. There are so many good ladies, well brought up, educated, focused and decent Christian ladies I can recommend. Unfortunately you don’t see them out there ‘cos they are not party girls due to their reserved nature.

Note:This is not a joke,so jokers stay off.

4 Likes

Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by Nobody: 10:37pm On Nov 25, 2013
21.If he doesn’t give to you in the relationship, there is a big probability that he won’t when married. God so love that he gave. John 3: 16.

22.Better marry the person that loves you, not just the one you love. It is more difficult for a guy to love. That is why the bible admonishes men to love.

23.Be specific. Write down clearly what you want in a spouse. Matt. 7: 7.

24.The person you marry is God’s correction/filling for all the flaws/holes in your life. Just like Christ to the Church, is the spouse in marriage.

25.Family is important; know the family you are getting married into because their issues will be your issues for the rest of your life. Ruth and Naomi.

26.Do everything to win your spouse when you have the opportunity. Ruth was ruthlessly wise in regards to Boaz.

27.Before ‘I do’, there is a spiritual sacrifice you have to make concerning your guy. Every Christian has his/her garden of Gethsemane, but the praying ones will find their angels there.

28.Jesus is the one that turns water to wine in your wedding, not your spouse. Look up to him as the Author and Finisher of your marriage.
John.2

29.Love of money is the root of all evil. Don’t let money be the foundation of the relationship.
1 Timothy.6:10

30.Life and death are in the power of the tongue. Be wise and speak what you want to see in your marriage/relationship.
Proverbs.18:21

5 Likes

Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by Nobody: 10:40pm On Nov 25, 2013
31.Don’t be forward, that man/woman can be the best thing to happen to you martially.
Proverbs.6:16

32.Guys prefer marrying a lady that says ‘Good morning’ to the one that says ‘Hi’. People especially guys don’t compromise respect.

33.God created a feminine woman and a masculine man. Nobody wants to marry a Jezebel or her worrying husband of a King. We know how they ended.

34.Love is not just two people looking at each other. It also involves them looking at the same direction. 1 Corinth. 13.

35.The first he slapped/punched and even when he/she kills you, it is all going to be, ‘Sorry, it was the devil.’ Never entertain a violent relationship.

36.Understand your generation and marry in such capacity.

Luke.16:8

37.Can you identify like Jabez when you prayed sincerely from your heart for a spouse and God didn’t answer? Never assume.
I chronicles.4:10

38.Don’t dress shabbily; no one wants to marry a naked wife. Isaiah 3; 4: 1.

39.Be transparent, people will tolerate shortcomings in relationships, but they all want to marry a near perfect spouse.
Proverbs.31

40.It is a very thin line that separates a girlfriend/boyfriend from becoming a wife/husband.

4 Likes

Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by GHANAOGA: 10:41pm On Nov 25, 2013
There is no fast rule to marriage.......Is all about being at the right place at the right time.
Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by Nobody: 10:44pm On Nov 25, 2013
41.Your heart should be so hidden in God that your spouse needs to have God’s express approval to get to you. We are hidden in Christ, in God.

42.It is through faith that you will get married. God never gives anything good outside you exercising your faith. Enter his rest through belief. Heb. 3, 4.

43.God has a spouse, husband/wife, for every single lady/guy. His wisdom is supreme. Creation is perfect. Gen. 1.

44.Never marry someone that cannot explain his/her born again experience to you. No compromise. John 3: 3. , 3:16 Romans3:23, 6:23, 10: 9, 10.

45.People don’t like talkative. If you love them, show it. Love is an action word. 1 Corinth. 13.

46.Love yourself; people love you when you are confident in your individuality. Romans 1: 17.

47.The last relationship didn’t work doesn’t mean you have issues. It only means you aren’t fully developed for marriage. Continue to work on self. Romans 5: 1-5.

48.You are not marrying inside the magazine. Marriages in magazines have been edited. Much more than candle lights and roses, marriage is also daylight and dishes. (Be real)

49.Only the maker of hearts, God, knows the two that best fits. Seek God’s will before a relationship or marriage. Romans 12: 1-2.

50.The anointing you respect is the one that works for you. The part of the bible that will work for you are those parts you believe in. May God manifest his perfect will about your marriage in Jesus name. Amen. 2 Tim. 3: 16; 2: 15.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by Nobody: 10:52pm On Nov 25, 2013
Got this watsapp and BB group strictly for singles desiring Godly marriages : Practical, Real-life issues and hook-up too, mind you the hooking up is not co-ordinated by anyone, so if you are interested. Ping 2790c7f1 ... Watsapp +2348050445886

Just tell me Nairaland and I link you up immediately
And if you don't like what you see you can leave group.

NOTE: group for singles, ladies and gents.
Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by Ramanto(m): 10:55pm On Nov 25, 2013
Don't be too choosy,don't make qualification ur main priority in deciding whom to marry.u can marry a guy who is beneath u education-wise.that's my little advice.And also don't make urself unapproachable to guys by being snubbish
Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by BlackMamba2: 11:12pm On Nov 25, 2013
kolawaxxy: Do not waste your time reading books like "5 ways to make him propose" , "39 ways to get his attention" cos most of the time these so-called principles do not work. All you need do is work on your attitude and look good. wink

Attitude is the word....a poor attitude can make a beautiful gal look ugly and repulsive.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by Nobody: 11:21pm On Nov 25, 2013
zeb04: Books like (1) five love languages (2)the act of marraige (3)intended for pleasure(4)why men marry bitches. They are all good books. Books on how to bake u can get them anywhere. All d best

I highly recommend the first book for engaged couples
The man must read it too
Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by Nobody: 11:31pm On Nov 25, 2013
mrsincredible: this is a thread for single ladies who want to get married. some of us have reached that stage in life when we need a husband and not just a boy friend if you have skills,prayers,advice or anything on how to get a partner please feel free to share it with us cause we need it..... PLEASE NO INSULTS

You attract people just by being you and if need be you work on some things to improve you
Don't put up any pretenses
Don't be stuck up
Make yourself approachable and put a smile on your face
People love and are attracted warm hearted friendly people.
Be a friend
Smile and say hello to people you meet and treat them nicely
You never know which one may lead to marriage.
Don't join the crowd of " the man must come in a Mercedes Benz"
Look for substance
A well grounded intelligent man with good potentials hopping on keke napep today,I would pick above a hummer-driving,mansion-living stuck up goat.
A man with good potentials will eventually ride a car even if he has none today

He must not be 6 feet tall
He mustn't be Mr Nigeria
Look out for a quality man
Don't wait for approval from your friends either

I couldn't over stress being friendly to people

I have a classmate that married very late
All of us were married with kids and she remained single and the clock was ticking
She has a practice in London and attended to a Nigerian woman visiting who fell sick in London
The woman was so touched by her kindness and gentleness and asked if she was married
To cut a long story short,she married the woman's nephew.

I have another friend,my junior in college that was a very ugly girl physically but she had a magnetic fun loving personality
She got married before most of her mates

So be kind to everyone you meet
That will draw people to you,greet people you pass on the way,people at work,strangers,it doesn't cost anything to say hello with a smile
Everyone responds to kindness
There are some very pretty girls without husbands and average looking and ugly girls married,check it,the deciding factor is the character
A good character sells fast
Igbos say ahia oma n'ere onwe ya ( you don't need an advert for a good merchandise)
I wish you Mr Right
Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by Nobody: 11:37pm On Nov 25, 2013
I'm male 30yrs yoruba university graduate working with just 50k/month in a catfish farm(manager) NO car..........staff quarters(no reason to rent house yet) planning to get married next year.....bride still at large...........if u wish to fill in the space here is pin:25E06C5F (I'm 6ft tall not to handsome and no sort of deformities) Any tribe is welcome except ghost ......lol
Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by Etemma: 11:50pm On Nov 25, 2013
pls,if u seriously need husband.cal me.08078306272&08021075737.i ve something good4u
Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by mafioso47(m): 1:54am On Nov 26, 2013
Single searching Ladies, play low on artificials.. Fake botys and Bosoms aren't just a good idea
Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by Nobody: 2:18am On Nov 26, 2013
Another valuable advice,don't make demands on a man
Nigerian girls are used to expecting and demanding that the boyfriends support them financially
That is just plain stoopid
Allow him to offer stuff,if he can afford it,don't demand them
A man who loves you will give you stuff and certainly will help you in financial trouble
Keep your dignity and don't see him as a cash cow to be milked
That is one of the reasons a good man will flee and will never tell you why and if the woman is not smart enough to figure it out she will chase the next man comot too.
I have brothers and male cousins so I am talking from their conversations

Who wants a demanding leech for keeps
Be content with what you have and don't ask for recharge card and meals and clothings and pocket money ,rent money and school fees like he is your father
If I were a man,any woman that asks me for money or demands things from me,is out the door
I have one stupid cousin that asked a would be fiancé to buy wrappers for her mother for Christmas shocked shocked
Imagine
Person wey dey never carry wine knock on door for o talk less of igbankwu ( trado)
That is how stupid and materialistic some women can be
The man quietly ran four forty

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by blakky97(m): 3:44am On Nov 26, 2013
Hello!

Ladies try to make it look like they are the only ones searching for suitors.
I tell you this fact- men are also desperately searching! We have ticking clocks too! I mean-what man wants to have his first kid at age 40? NONE!

Men of today are shyer than those of the past. A man can see a lady he likes, and yet, keep quiet about it. The social media is the wall behind which todays men shelter.

A responsible man wants to be economically capable of managing his family, no body wants to be an underdog. Nigeria job and opportunities today makes this slower and more perilious for a man before 30. Not that we like it- we also know life is short,

Some ladies make men RUN because of their demands, and expectations.

Tribal and ethnic barriers are still issues that limit the choices of a probable suitor within a small compass

Let women stop acting. Be real! Is there anything about any religion that says a woman cannot make the first move to a guy she knows to be mature, God fearing, and disciplined? I really think its an African mentallity.

I pray for nigerians! God bless
Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by blakky97(m): 4:12am On Nov 26, 2013
maybe the incentives of marriage have changed over time.

It used to be for love and companionship

Now it is for economic and social security

Women used to cover their bodies, now young girls of 16 trade sx* for money,

It used to be on the basis of the content of character,

Now it is the money, houses and cars that matter.

It used to be that men are home leaders

Now, women compete with husbands in becoming dictators and rulers

We used to have culture as Aficans,

But now its the white mans' idea that makes it okay for women to nag (all the time)

I'm trying to figure out where we got it wrong,

Perhaps its high time we all turned to God.

He alone IS THE best disposer of our affairs.

I hope this helps?

Much love for you from the inside of me!

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by Nobody: 4:25am On Nov 26, 2013
blakky97: maybe the incentives of marriage have changed over time.

It used to be for love and companionship

Now it is for economic and social security

Women used to cover their bodies, now young girls of 16 trade sx* for money,

It used to be on the basis of the content of character,

Now it is the money, houses and cars that matter.

It used to be that men are home leaders

Now, women compete with husbands in becoming dictators and rulers

We used to have culture as Aficans,

But now its the white mans' idea that makes it okay for women to nag (all the time)

I'm trying to figure out where we got it wrong,

Perhaps its high time we all turned to God.

He alone IS THE best disposer of our affairs.

I hope this helps?

Much love for you from the inside of me!

Marriage has never been all about love and companionship only
Read your bible on the account of Isaac and Jacob getting a wife
It wasn't cheap
The servant of Abraham went bearing gifts and so did Jacob
You have to be financially able to take care of a wife if not don't get one yet
Love and companionship cannot turn to jollof rice or SMA gold for a new born baby

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married by intrepid: 4:26am On Nov 26, 2013
mrsincredible: pls help out with some books
Get books from Peace House(www.livingseed.org).I bet you've never seen or read books like they have on r/ships and marriage.Depending on your location,check that website and look up dia address closest to your abode.Best of luck.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Can You Allow Your Wife, Sister Or Girlfriend Work In A Hotel? / How Can I Stop My Uncles From Selling My Father's Property(land)? / If You Found Out Your Male Child Has Been Defiled From Behind - Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.