Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,352 members, 7,800,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:24 AM

Why Are There So Many Fake Churches And Pastors - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are There So Many Fake Churches And Pastors (2590 Views)

8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. / Preachers And Pastors Receiving Monthly Salary For Preaching The Gospel. / Too Many Churches, Too Many Fake Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are There So Many Fake Churches And Pastors by bizmahn: 2:25pm On Nov 24, 2013
Why are there fake churches? Its because people want fake churches including those that complain about fake churches on Nairaland.If you can spot a real church or if God shows you a real church will you agree to worship there? if God shows you a no nonsense church

1.where they preach holiness day and night

2.where they fast frequently & sacrificial self denying lifestyle is mandated.

3.where they hold night vigils frequently

4.where they rebuke sin with fervour

5.where they dissallow flambouyance & showy lifestyle

6.where they don't allow drinking alcohol,dating,partying,valentine & other fun stuffs churches allow today

7.where they don't allow ladies to put on tight fitting, body exposing seductive attires including make ups.

8.where they resrict what you should watch on TV & mandate you never to listen to anything else but gospel music

9.where they almost nag you always to prepare always for the soon coming of Christ by droping a lot of fun stuffs you can hardly do without.

10.where their church building is not luxurious and the pastor rides an old fashioned car and you are ashamed to invite your friends

If God shows us this church as his true church,how many people screaming against fake churches on this forum or elsewhere that will not spit at such a church and shout God forbid!!

You see now why there are fake churches.Because everybody wants carnal flesh pleasing,desires gratifying church & nobody likes heaven minded,sacrificial,self denying,apostles type old fashioned kind of christianity.

Yet we all yell fake churches!!! Fake pastors!!! And when we see the true churches we call them OLD FASHIONED,ARCHEIC,LEGALISTIC,RIGID.God is our judge.
Re: Why Are There So Many Fake Churches And Pastors by Thebrightest(m): 2:35pm On Nov 24, 2013
Op thank GOD for google.
Re: Why Are There So Many Fake Churches And Pastors by Nobody: 2:41pm On Nov 24, 2013
The true church is not a physical building. The true church is not a denomination.

The true church is the people of God who are located in different countries over the world.

The church's primary purpose is not to go to church , but to go into the world and spread the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Screaming about holiness or sin will not change peoples lives , what will change them is preaching about the grace and love of God. When people repent of their sins and are baptized with the Spirit, holy living and striving to perfection become automatic. You can shout about holiness forever ,but people will become more sinful because many of the so called Christians do not have the Spirit. Holiness comes from God , it is not something we have in us.

The solution is not man made institutions but a going back to the heart of the gospel , which is about Jesus and to conform our church and life styles to his model and allow his leadership in our midst.

May I also add that Pastors were never called to lead the church of Christ, Pastors who start churches on their own and act like the CEO are most likely not called by God to do so. The Church of Christ is led by Christ through his Spirit for he has said "where two or three are gathered in my name there I am" or "lo I will always be with you to the very ends of the earth".

To behave as if Jesus is far away in heaven and removed from the running of his church is precisely why we have the catholic church and her protestant / Pentecostal counterparts who are displacing Jesus and imposing their own understanding or agenda, unlawfully , on Gods own people. That is why there is so much confusion and chaos in the church, because men have usurped the place of Jesus.

Local churches should be 'led' by a plural of elders ( old men or experienced Christians ) not by CEO wannabes who are causing damage to the church.

Back to your point, unless the foundation is based on Gods plan and purpose, it will utterly fail whether they peach on holiness or not.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many Fake Churches And Pastors by bizmahn: 3:09pm On Nov 24, 2013
frosbel: The true church is not a physical building. The true church is not a denomination.

The true church is the people of God who are located in different countries over the world...

keep your opinions to yourself & out of my thread.You don't even believe christ ever existed since creation until the virgin birth,you don't believe in Christs deity,you don't believe in heaven or hell.Traits of an anti-Christ to me.And here you are everywhere on Nairaland talking 'CHRIST'.
Your downward spiral since you started off well years back is evident to me.I support & applaud the frosbel of many years ago but certainly not the one of today.Even if you post matters that contains some truths today,it makes no meaning if you are hidding damnable errors yet in you & dragging others down with it.My councel for you is repent & return to your first works.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There So Many Fake Churches And Pastors by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 24, 2013
^^^

This is what the bible says about people like you.

"For you will be expelled from the synagogues, and the time is coming when those who kill you will think they are doing a holy service for God." - John 16:2

But let me state a few points :

1. The bible says there is one God and Jesus is the Son of this one God - Your false churches then change this into 2 Gods.
2. The bible says that the wicked will perish - Your false church then changes this into eternal torment.
3. The bible says we should preach the good news of the gospel - your false church changes this into the preaching of demonic man made doctrines.

Stop following the religion of Babylon, come to know the real Jesus.

smiley

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many Fake Churches And Pastors by bizmahn: 3:20pm On Nov 24, 2013
Mr Frosbel, Keep your jesus to yourself.I don't need your type of jesus.Thanks & try again when you find it in your heart to truely repent & return.Thanks
Re: Why Are There So Many Fake Churches And Pastors by Nobody: 3:21pm On Nov 24, 2013
bizmahn: Mr Frosbel, Keep your Jesus to yourself.I don't need your type of Jesus.Thanks & try again when you find it in your heart to truely repent & return.Thanks

I will gladly keep my Jesus , I hope you come to know him, not the false Jesus of Babylon cool
Re: Why Are There So Many Fake Churches And Pastors by Nobody: 3:49pm On Nov 24, 2013
If you believe yourself a True Christian and do not do these then you are a spawn of Satan and deserve to BURN IN HELL when Judgement day comes.

Mathew 5: 43-45 'You have heard that it was said, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous

John 13:34 A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.

1 Peter 3:9 Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.

Proverbs 25:21 If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat; if he is thirsty, give him water to drink.

Luke 6:27-28 But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.

There is a New Brand of Christianity Sweeping the World, it is one of Hate, Hypocrisy, one of Pride and Selfishness.. it is everything opposite of what Jesus Christ preached and set an example for. These are the type of Christians on Nairaland.. vengeful and hateful Christians. they preach LOVE and all they do is spread HATE
Re: Why Are There So Many Fake Churches And Pastors by didfy: 3:53pm On Nov 24, 2013
@ OP you need to study the Scriptures first before putting your points.

Just number alone i will comment. Is not possible to preach holiness. I know many will disagree because this is nairaland forum
Re: Why Are There So Many Fake Churches And Pastors by Pygru: 4:31pm On Nov 24, 2013
bizmahn: 1.where they preach holiness day and night

2.where they fast frequently & sacrificial self denying lifestyle is mandated.

3.where they hold night vigils frequently

4.where they rebuke sin with fervour

5.where they dissallow flambouyance & showy lifestyle

6.where they don't allow drinking alcohol,dating,partying,valentine & other fun stuffs churches allow today

7.where they don't allow ladies to put on tight fitting, body exposing seductive attires including make ups

8.where they resrict what you should watch on TV & mandate you never to listen to anything else but gospel music

9.where they almost nag you always to prepare always for the soon coming of Christ by droping a lot of fun stuffs you can hardly do without.

10.where their church building is not luxurious and the pastor rides an old fashioned car and you are ashamed to invite your friends
^^ they are called 'citadel of Babylon' according to Frosbel
Re: Why Are There So Many Fake Churches And Pastors by bizmahn: 4:33pm On Nov 24, 2013
voltron: If you believe yourself a True Christian and do not do these then you are a spawn of Satan and deserve to BURN IN HELL when Judgement day comes.........

Read these scriptures i.e supposing you ever where born again & that you aren't the same person being reproved - 1Tim.5:20,Titus 1:13,Jude 1:23. Also, have you read of the place where Paul rebuked Peter in the bible for his dissimulation Gal:2:11 or where Christ rebuked peter for double standard?Matt.16:23.You could have sentenced them to hell too.
True christianity will rebuke sin,resist the devil,reject unrighteousness,reprove iniquity.I'm sure your type will qualify Joseph of the bible as a candidate of hell for fleeing from Potiphars wife.He should have shown her "LOVE" Shebi ?? I'd rather listen to true christians that can interpret the bible aright.Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are There So Many Fake Churches And Pastors by bizmahn: 4:40pm On Nov 24, 2013
Pygru:
^^ they are called 'citadel of Babylon' according to Frosbel
Don't mind them Jehovah's witness secret followers.Always good to meet you oga Pygru.
Re: Why Are There So Many Fake Churches And Pastors by Nobody: 4:47pm On Nov 24, 2013
bizmahn:
Read these scriptures i.e supposing you ever where born again & that you aren't the same person being reproved - 1Tim.5:20,Titus 1:13,Jude 1:23. Also, have you read of the place where Paul rebuked Peter in the bible for his dissimulation Gal:2:11 or where Christ rebuked peter for double standard?Matt.16:23.You could have sentenced them to hell too.
True christianity will rebuke sin,resist the devil,reject unrighteousness,reprove iniquity.I'm sure your type will qualify Joseph of the bible as a candidate of hell for fleeing from Potiphars wife.He should have shown her "LOVE" Shebi ?? I'd rather listen to true christians that can interpret the bible aright.Thank you.

First you assume I am not born again - Pride
Second, you reject the teachings of Christ.. rebuke is different from Hate.. how you twist the word of God to justify your lies.
Third, you have committed a SIN that will take you to hell unfailingly.. Twisting God's words

Take some pictures for me when you get there will ya
Re: Why Are There So Many Fake Churches And Pastors by Pygru: 4:58pm On Nov 24, 2013
These verses sums it all up

2 Timothy 4:3
Kjv
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears

2 Timothy 4:4
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fabels.
Re: Why Are There So Many Fake Churches And Pastors by bizmahn: 5:00pm On Nov 24, 2013
voltron:

First you assume I am not born again - Pride
Second, you reject the teachings of Christ.. rebuke is different from Hate.. how you twist the word of God to justify your lies.
Third, you have committed a SIN that will take you to hell unfailingly.. Twisting God's words

I may not be wrong to say that you are the "SAME PERSON" or to question if ever you where born again cos a true born again will easily understand what I did & will find no fault with it.
Your two posts so far did the very things you are wrongly trying to condemn about me.....infact even worse cos you have already sentenced me to hell these two times.I'm sure you'll easily call Christ,apostle Paul and all whoever rebuked wrong doing in the bible haters & scripture twisters.Then I'm proud to be called names for correcting wrongdoing .... so be it.
Re: Why Are There So Many Fake Churches And Pastors by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 24, 2013
bizmahn:
I may not be wrong to say that you are the "SAME PERSON" or to question if ever you where born again cos a true born again will easily understand what I did & will find no fault with it.
Your two posts so far did the very things you are wrongly trying to condemn about me.....infact even worse cause you have already sentenced me to hell these two times.I'm sure you'll easily call Christ,apostle Paul and all whoever rebuked wrong doing in the bible haters & scripture twisters.Then I'm proud to be called names for correcting wrongdoing .... so be it.

How can you correct others when you cannot even see the log of wood in your eye ? You and your false man made institutions are burdening Gods people with religious nonsense and God has started to set them free, my advice to you is step out of the way, concentrate on your own life which as far as I can observe , is very very far from the true GOSPEL of Jesus hinged on LOVE.
Re: Why Are There So Many Fake Churches And Pastors by bizmahn: 5:17pm On Nov 24, 2013
Pygru: These verses sums it all up

2 Timothy 4:3
Kjv
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears

2 Timothy 4:4
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fabels.
Very correct going by hosea 4:6. but by the way which church today can we say bears the discription of the model church in the OP.
Re: Why Are There So Many Fake Churches And Pastors by bizmahn: 5:26pm On Nov 24, 2013
frosbel:

How can you correct others when you cannot even see the log of wood in your eye ? You and your false man made institutions are burdening Gods people with religious nonsense and God has started to set them free, my advice to you is step out of the way, concentrate on your own life which as far as I can observe , is very very far from the true GOSPEL of Jesus hinged on LOVE.

SAME PERSON, I guessed.Bitter cos your cover was blown? Sorry cos God will expose every works of darkness be it in the secret or in the open.Away with your fake jesus that never existed until Marys' birth.Away with your LOVERS gospel.Love without purity ends in immorality.God forbid!!
Re: Why Are There So Many Fake Churches And Pastors by Pygru: 5:52pm On Nov 24, 2013
bizmahn:
Very correct going by hosea 4:6. but by the way which church today can we say bears the discription of the model church in the OP.
answer
[b]EDITED[/b]There are very few REAL churches left in Nigeria today and Deeper life is amongst the rare remnant. I believe that women most especially should dress so as not to provoke the opposite sex into sin. When you see sisters wearing trousers and shirts so as to reveal every curvature you begin to wonder what they really want and whether they are truly worshiping God from the heart.

From my perspective, RCCG, Deeperlife and a few others are the only ones left on the highway of holiness. The majority have gone in the way of Cain, and ran riotously in the error of Balaam for hire, and perished in the gainsaying of Korah.

Last time I went home, I saw 10s of churches on one street alone, and what shocked me was how much church has become big business in Nigeria.

Are people more ready to fill their stomachs and burn in hell for eternity than fear God now and live with him forever.

Go to Deeperlife, they will ground you in the word and they mean business.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires, 2 Timothy 4 : 3
Edited
https://www.nairaland.com/9651/why-youths-run-away-deeper/6#1135877
Re: Why Are There So Many Fake Churches And Pastors by bizmahn: 6:01pm On Nov 24, 2013
^^^
Pygru:
answer

https://www.nairaland.com/9651/why-youths-run-away-deeper/6#1135877

The deeper life church is close but not close enough.The WCCRM & Chosen were close but I don't know where they are now.The MFM & RCCG should have been close but far in many crucial areas,the CAC and apostolic faith church are close but wanting in some areas.Christ model of a true church is quite going extinct these last days.
Re: Why Are There So Many Fake Churches And Pastors by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 24, 2013
bizmahn:

SAME PERSON, I guessed.Bitter cos your cover was blown? Sorry cos God will expose every works of darkness be it in the secret or in the open.Away with your fake jesus that never existed until Marys' birth.Away with your LOVERS gospel.Love without purity ends in immorality.God forbid!!

I can see that you have a zeal for God but not according to knowledge, it is my wish that religious people like you will be free from the bondage of man-made tradition and come to a knowledge of the truth.

smiley
Re: Why Are There So Many Fake Churches And Pastors by bizmahn: 6:29pm On Nov 24, 2013
frosbel:

I can see that you have a zeal for God but not according to knowledge, it is my wish that religious people like you will be free from the bondage of man-made tradition and come to a knowledge of the truth.

smiley
Empty!!!... Your commendation is meaningless to me till you repent & return....!
and yes rather you'd wish I burn in hell & get you some pictures too.God will not cease to expose evil doers on this forum.
voltron:

1 Like

Re: Why Are There So Many Fake Churches And Pastors by God2man(m): 12:16am On Nov 25, 2013
grin frosbel, pygru, candour,

how many? 3 and Still counting...
Re: Why Are There So Many Fake Churches And Pastors by Pygru: 3:36am On Nov 25, 2013
God2man: grin frosbel, pygru, candour,

how many? 3 and Still counting...
grin

(1) (Reply)

To Those Blaming God For Nepal Quake / Questioning The Implausibilities 3 (original Sin) / Pastor Converts To Islam, Turns Church Into Mosque In Ado-ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.