Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,876 members, 7,798,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:33 PM

Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here (42490 Views)

Sellers And Buyers Should Boycott Dealdey!! They Exploit Sellers / WARRI - EFFURUN MARKET - [Where Beta Sellers And Buyers Dey Meet] / Scrab Metal Buyers Lets Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by stagger: 9:01pm On Dec 04, 2013
saliubello: Dont be carried away by these lofty calculations. These are only for research institutes' farms. You can not predict the price for your harvest. Call 08099685343 for the information you need. But i will suggest you locate the middlemen rather than going to the companies. Reasons are that they pay you cash on spot but with company,you will be paid as a vendor (instalments). But you dont sound finacially bouyant for this. How many hectares you have & where is your farm?

You just landed and don't know the context in which I was talking. The person to whom it was directed did. So just waka pass.
Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by Rexyl(m): 9:48pm On Dec 04, 2013
There is a company in Ogun State travelling miles daily, looking for tons of cassava tuber to buy. If you have reliable market they will come and buy directly from u.
Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by kwammy5000(m): 10:07pm On Dec 04, 2013
Thanks to d op of dis tread n to everyone that has contributed.
I have cassava for sell on one acre of land located at moniya, ibadan. Any interested person can send an e mail to kwammy5000@yahoo.com.
Thanks
Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by EJaja(m): 10:11pm On Dec 04, 2013
@Rexyl can You please drop the name of the company and there contact numberso as to enable those that have cassava for sale reach them

@sallubelo
If you feel you have a better opinion. Why not share it rather than discredit people and provide no tangable arguement to defend ur stand, may I also use this medium to tell u that this place is a forum and we are all here to learn so if u have anything to say it on here so that others can learn from ur point and not droping numnber

1 Like

Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by pman06(m): 12:02am On Dec 05, 2013
@ E-jaja
Drop me a line one @gmail.com

@ All

Thanks for your contributions. If any individual know of buying companies for cassava produce, lets share them on the forum rather than making private contacts. As for those asking where 5k/hectre of land is, i'm referring to my state, ogun, and its not a virgin forest per say.

For other questions directed at me, i will try and answer as much as i can. And E-jaja & Stagger are here to help too.

1 Like

Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by pman06(m): 12:06am On Dec 05, 2013
vince01: you guys are doing a great job here and let me say THANK GOD FOR THIS THREAD i'm actually planning to start cassava farming in d year 2014, pls how can u guys put me thru ur advice is highly needed thanks

First thing first, you need a land. Contact your state ministry of agriculture if there are farm settlements in the state where land can be lease for farming. Them have atleast 100k at hand. When you cross that stage, you can come back here, so we can rub minds together.
Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by danot1030: 12:41am On Dec 05, 2013
pman06:

My suggestion is that, if you have such money to buy the lands, why not just use it to rent more land, 1hectre is 5k per year. Cheaper and saves cost too.
Please where can one get an hectre for 5k per year?
Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by pman06(m): 12:50am On Dec 05, 2013
danot1030: Please where can one get an hectre for 5k per year?

My suggestion is that you contact your state ministry of agriculture about this, as this may be possible in mine and not possible in yours.
Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by mosesakoja: 2:18am On Dec 05, 2013
Nice forum, I m a cassava farmer in benue state. Are any buyer close to my locality
And how can I sale my cassava from this point pls.
Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by abusol: 5:52am On Dec 05, 2013
i have 10 hectares of cassava But to been ready by April 2014. And I ve seven hectares of Corn to be ready by January. I need good Buyer within or outside Nigeria. location Ondo state
Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by abusol: 6:14am On Dec 05, 2013
Anyone with useful information on how to get company that sells herbicide in Ogun, Lagos, Oyo and Ondo state. This is my contact octsolomon16@yahoo.com....
Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by Godspikin: 7:43am On Dec 05, 2013
Realdeals: The problem with cassava is not getting the market but coping with the ridiculous price been offer by some buyers, can you imagine a buyer pricing a tonne of cassava for 20,000 naira.
you can also join the agriculture community on www. where you can interact with farmers and other agriculture professionals across the world and also downoad weekly prices of agric commodity/foodstuff from market in lagos.

Can you pls link me with the buyer who buys at 20k, price around here (ondo state) is 15k. Thanks
Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by Godspikin: 7:48am On Dec 05, 2013
E-Jaja:
@ pman06
I have not dealt with any of them but In my cause of research I have come to know about them. The price ranges from 12 to 25k depending on who ur selling urs to, and how well the root is in terms of freshness. I also forgot to mention ekha agro who is another very major buyer of cassava

@ realdeal is 20k per ton is it not better of that what the garri buyers would offer, or the price of cassave three years back the went for as low as 7k

Pls do you have contact details of those who buy at 25k? Kindly supply.
Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by Audu2008: 9:47am On Dec 05, 2013
GUYS, I AM BUYING RAW CASSAVA TUBERS

Criteria
Harvest should not be more that 3 days b4 it gets to the warehouse.
Minimum of 20tons per delivery.
Price is N16, 500
Destination is Sango Ota
Payment is 3days after delivery.
Call me on 08087205513.
Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by pdf90(m): 12:13pm On Dec 05, 2013
Very insightful . i was given a hectare of land by my parents a few weeks ago in IMO state . and I have been encouraged to grow casava . but am scared of pricing by these buyers . my other crops eg pawpaw plantain pawpaw pineapple are big and sweet but when I take it to the market here are usually priced at outrageous prices . maybe cos am young or male
Poster thanks for this topic .
Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by GGfadar(m): 4:51pm On Dec 05, 2013
yakuz: @E-Jaja
Well, my plan is to lease ten acres or buy it outright if the price is conducive for me and my aim to cultivate cassava crop of high variety quality that will be profitable . So I want to know how much this can cost me to execute and also a guardian that can assit me through . Appreciate for ur concern E-Jaja
hey fellow
Besides labour expenses, a ten acre cassava cultivation will cost u at least 140k.
Land, labour, mechanical job n fertilizer excluded .
Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by opeyemi1509: 5:33pm On Dec 05, 2013
Hello, i have ford delivery van for hire. If u are interested call me on 08060944346, u can also earn commision on any link for any loading connection.thnks
Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by stagger: 5:55pm On Dec 05, 2013
GGfadar:
hey fellow
Besides labour expenses, a ten acre cassava cultivation will cost u at least 140k.
Land, labour, mechanical job n fertilizer excluded .

10 acres is 4 hectares. What information have you provided here?
Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by Xenyth(m): 12:34am On Dec 06, 2013
At Zenith Agro-Processing we have high quality garri
at cheaper price
and free delivery. buy 1 ton for just 120k.
We need major buyers becos we have a capacity of
2tonne of finished high quality Garri.
We also buy cassava in large quantities, if u are close
to Ogbomoso or Osogbo u can inform us.
zen4prof@yahoo.com
Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by kingagropro1: 1:05am On Dec 06, 2013
E-Jaja:
@ pmann06
Well the fact you did not dtudy agric is no excuse for ur ignorance, I studied computing at both BSc and Msc level so but I have done my research properly in thr last 6 months and am ready to hit the groun runing with alll the information I have gathered. As for the what stagger said regarding local and improvoed variaties are true if you planted the old variaty you should be expecting between 5 to 11 tons and the upper limits applies only when the soil is fertile and best agronomic practices are apllied along side fetilizer. Mind you I would not advice you to replant you current stem if you do no know the variety, knowing the variety u have makes it easier to sell. On the other hand if you can't sell to industrial users then you can go a step forward by adding value to the cassava root by converting it to Garri or fufu and u can sell to the local market @ a resonable price.

@ stagger I would like to plead that u give people complete information, and not just give a generic information which does not give intennded farmers a proper information.
the national average for cassava per hectare is 25 tons. To achive this certain things have to be put in place.

This is the way to go, you can contact me obaconsultant@gmail.com

You can thank me later.

Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by kingagropro1: 1:20am On Dec 06, 2013
Godspikin:

Pls do you have contact details of those who buy at 25k? Kindly supply.

The purchase price for cassava is not an expressway issue. How long your cassava spends in the ground is also a major factor, the specie of your cassava is also very critical. So the price of N25k per tonnes isnt cast in Gold.

Different cassava species serve various purposes. Different cassava varieties are required to produce various things; starch, glucose, chips, ethanol etc. Different species of cassava are required to produce these things.

If you can post the picture of your cassava leaf here, i may help you guess what specie you have planted, even though i may not be accurate.

Its all about knowledge as said before.

I hope i have been able to confuse, convince you a bit more? LoL.

I can only wish you the best bro.
Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by kingagropro1: 1:23am On Dec 06, 2013
kwammy5000: Thanks to d op of dis tread n to everyone that has contributed.
I have cassava for sell on one acre of land located at moniya, ibadan. Any interested person can send an e mail to kwammy5000@yahoo.com.
Thanks

How old is your cassava in the ground? If its up to 13 months, then contact me.
Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by pman06(m): 6:16am On Dec 06, 2013
kingagropro1:

How old is your cassava in the ground? If its up to 13 months, then contact me.

I have an hectre of cassava planted last late october, and looking to harvest it next january. How can you help? I'm looking to sell at the most reasonable price too.

Thanks.
Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by kingagropro1: 8:59am On Dec 06, 2013
pman06:

I have an hectre of cassava planted last late october, and looking to harvest it next january. How can you help? I'm looking to sell at the most reasonable price too.

Thanks.

Please correct me, am i assuming you want to harvest your cassava after 4 months? Oct 2013-Jan 2014 you mean?
Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by soladel(m): 9:25am On Dec 06, 2013
Cultivating Cassava commercially is not just what you can get information through browsing, orally or through a medium like this, you need to be close to the expert. Even if you read a manual, farming sometimes don't go the way one plans it.
Cassava is a crop is perishable and post harvest is very costly.
Now, Industries that needed it are many but few of them are ready to bear the cost of transportation and other logistics.
I am on a project In IITA Ibadan called Cassava Value chain, where we try to inform the farmer what to do and steps to take to make money from cassava cultivation.
Different things has to be considered, 1. the land, 2. the material to plant, 3. weed control, 4. time of planting, 5. Spacing of planting, 6. Marketing of the product, etc.
I can tell you guys, all things being equal, one can get up to 50-60 tons per Ha. I got that in Shonga, Kwara state with Mr. Graham Hatty, i still have my farm there, i have close to 60 Ha now, ready for harvesting by next year april.
Another thing is that, we need to change from our normal agriculture practice (manual) to fully mechanised farming from land preparation, planting, weed control, harvesting and post harvesting. In this we can make enough money in selling the product to those who need them here in nigeria not to talk of abroad. you can get me on adelekesola@gmail.com. Thanks.
I forget to mention, the specie of cassava also determine your output, I have many specie on the farm courtesy IITA, Tme 98/0581, Tme 419, Tme 289, Tme 2324 etc.

1 Like

Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by GGfadar(m): 10:25am On Dec 06, 2013
[quote author=stagger]

10 acres is 4 hectares. What information have you provided here?[/quo

go thru d thread wella b4 u post ur comments. I answered yakuz quoting E.jaja ...
So go thru d thread once more
Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by stagger: 10:48am On Dec 06, 2013
[quote author=GGfadar][/quote]

My point is that the information you missed out are very crucial components of the cost of cultivating cassava. I would have expected that you do your homework to give the whole list. Not just put out the cost of few inputs. How does that help others?
Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by stagger: 10:52am On Dec 06, 2013
soladel: Cultivating Cassava commercially is not just what you can get information through browsing, orally or through a medium like this, you need to be close to the expert. Even if you read a manual, farming sometimes don't go the way one plans it.
Cassava is a crop is perishable and post harvest is very costly.
Now, Industries that needed it are many but few of them are ready to bear the cost of transportation and other logistics.
I am on a project In IITA Ibadan called Cassava Value chain, where we try to inform the farmer what to do and steps to take to make money from cassava cultivation.
Different things has to be considered, 1. the land, 2. the material to plant, 3. weed control, 4. time of planting, 5. Spacing of planting, 6. Marketing of the product, etc.
I can tell you guys, all things being equal, one can get up to 50-60 tons per Ha. I got that in Shonga, Kwara state with Mr. Graham Hatty, i still have my farm there, i have close to 60 Ha now, ready for harvesting by next year april.
Another thing is that, we need to change from our normal agriculture practice (manual) to fully mechanised farming from land preparation, planting, weed control, harvesting and post harvesting. In this we can make enough money in selling the product to those who need them here in nigeria not to talk of abroad. you can get me on adelekesola@gmail.com. Thanks.
I forget to mention, the specie of cassava also determine your output, I have many specie on the farm courtesy IITA, Tme 98/0581, Tme 419, Tme 289, Tme 2324 etc.

On point, but how many farmers can afford the tools I saw in this YouTube video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLi6b89psg4

Tractor
Planter
Harvester

Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by pman06(m): 11:07am On Dec 06, 2013
soladel: Cassava is a crop is perishable and post harvest is very costly.

soladel: I can tell you guys, all things being equal, one can get up to 50-60 tons per Ha. I got that in Shonga, Kwara state with Mr. Graham Hatty, i still have my farm there, i have close to 60 Ha now, ready for harvesting by next year april.

soladel: I forget to mention, the specie of cassava also determine your output, I have many specie on the farm courtesy IITA, Tme 98/0581, Tme 419, Tme 289, Tme 2324 etc.

60ton/hectre? How do you do this? Do you plant all this varieties or just one of this varieties. And one thing i heard is that this improved varieties are not always available on ground, how true is this please? Also, which companies are the so called ready to buy companies by the government?

1 Like

Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by kingagropro1: 11:30am On Dec 06, 2013
stagger:

On point, but how many farmers can afford the tools I saw in this YouTube video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLi6b89psg4

Tractor
Planter
Harvester

Thanks for sharing this. This is the whole essence of birthing cooperatives. Equipmemt leasing and farm support services is also very critical. A cooperative can born mainly for the purpose of farm support services.

If you support that we start that we should look at forming a farm support services cooperative, just click the like button.

2 Likes

Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by soladel(m): 12:21pm On Dec 06, 2013
Pman06, Thanks for this, Yes, one can achieve that tonage under full mechanisation, although all these tools are not easy come by, but that is the area where Govt has to help us. with the right machine, farming is greatly rewarded. For instance, a cassava planter can plant up to 10ha in a day.
Re: Cassava Sellers And Buyers, Lets Meet Here by pman06(m): 12:38pm On Dec 06, 2013
soladel: Pman06, Thanks for this, Yes, one can achieve that tonage under full mechanisation, although all these tools are not easy come by, but that is the area where Govt has to help us. with the right machine, farming is greatly rewarded. For instance, a cassava planter can plant up to 10ha in a day.

Does this means that manual farmer can make a return of say, 30tons using this varieties? Cos if you ask me, a 25ton return is quite huge and reasonable. So are you in IB now, would appreciate meeting up with you if possible.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Company, Ketron, Acquires Shoprite Stores / Chief Obinna Iyiegbu Surprises His Staff With Brand New Lexus SUV / I Need A Way Of Making Money Online That Works, I Am Broke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.