Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:29 AM

Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians (24388 Views)

Mbeki, Muazu, IBB, Abdulsalam Abubakar Pose For The Camera (photo) / Buhari With Thabo Mbeki And Abdulsalam Abubakar (photo) / Jonathan In Closed-door Meeting With Abdusalami, Mbeki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by vislabraye(m): 11:07am On Nov 25, 2013
payless: I am speechless. Nigerians deserve what they get in return from their government. Jonathan has been a failure. May God work on your life the same way Jonathan and PDP are working on Nigeria's affairs if you disagree with this prayer.

Truth is that even though I don't support GEJ's administration, unfortunately APC are no better !

4 Likes

Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Symphony007: 11:07am On Nov 25, 2013
emorse:
I was just about to ask the same question. The truth is, we hate the truth. The man has raised some salient points. Points we can't disprove. We're supposed to ponder and act no them but what do we do instead? We start shifting blames and calling names. We truly deserve the leaders we get.
i just said boldly on my post that i am a major critic of nigerian corruption and underdevelopment but i don't mbeki to tell me.
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by PehaKaso: 11:09am On Nov 25, 2013
why must dis i.diotic op use southerners as references in his post? Are Farouk Lawan & d Sule Lamidos not Nigerians anymore? Pls i nid ansas

1 Like

Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Mrshroud: 11:11am On Nov 25, 2013
slightlyMad: A president who takes to google adwords with the phrase "GEJ is working", same way Jumia and Konga runs advert
to advertise.

A president who recruits and pay youths to go on every social media including Nairaland to paint his fraudulent government in good light and defend his governance

A president who went on National TV with a careless phrase like "I dont give a damn" in a democratic system

A president who says he now has information on the sponsors of Boko Haram and did nothing

A president who negotiates with terrorists (No part of the world does this cos they are what they are, Terrorists. They will not change, and a leader should know this)

A president who kept a corrupt Aviation minister in office, even when she is being investigated. (a woman who should be relieved of her job first so that she will not be able to influence investigation)

A president who eats 1Billion naira meal when more than half the country's population are not sure of what to eat.

He is not my president and cant wait vote him out of office.
A president who did this and a president who did that!
For heaven's sake why do you narrow your veiw of Nigeria to the Presidency.
Have you ever paused to think that you too have a role to play in the development of your own country?
Have you ever paused to think that the president is human, hence not perfect?
Have you ever paused to observe that if youths are not recruited (as you claim) to defend Mr .PRESIDENT there are some unscrupulous elements here would go way past the boundaries of constructive critisms, and paint our president as a daft beast, and potray nigeria in the worst of lights?
Do you know the meaning of public relations.
Do you know how much social media affect our lives?
How often /or do you ever write articles here on NL to constructively criticize any Nigerian Leadership or do you positively contribute to such articles.
Do you have concrete evidence on what you alledged or you put two and two together?
Answer Me , My dear Fellow Nigerian.

2 Likes

Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Ukutsgp(m): 11:12am On Nov 25, 2013
Symphony007: Why does'nt he advice his buddy? Jacob zuma to stop lavishing s.a money on his four wives and 20 kids? Why has'nt he called out julius malema for all the ill gotten wealth he has enmassed as ANC party youth leader. Why has'nt he penned articles about his fellow ANC leaders who continue to steal public money, and they will continue winning elections by hiding behind the stardom of nelson mandela. Rubbish!!!!
is South Africa like nigeria now. Just look at ur Nigeria and tell me what u see.
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Nobody: 11:12am On Nov 25, 2013
[quote author=simeonT][/quote]

You choose to turn forgetful when the truth indicts you, abi? It's true that a lot of igbos are driven by tribal sentiment in their support for GEJ just as Hausas were for Yar'adua, but the Yorubas have equally been champions of OBJ. If he met with opposition from parts of the west in office, it isn't unrivaled: GEJ's biggest nuisance is Amaechi (whoever might be pulling his strings is another matter).

The problem is there is no objectivity. The igbos are accused of being tribalist in refusing to see anything wrong with the GEJ administration and the Yorubas and Hausas are tribalist In refusing to admit there is anything right with the GEJ administration (and It would be absurd to assume that GEJ hasn't had a few happy accidents in his government) . There are exceptions in all cases but clearly not enough to change the general opinion. The blind criticism is so obvious that the president can't even celebrate his own birthday in a manner that meets with the approval of the public.

By accident or by design, the west is well positioned to influence public opinion to their advantage since most Nigerians tend to get their revelations in Church. And in these hard times we all want to be winners. And for those who do not: the media has been covered too. An unthinking population is easily swept off its feet by cheap propaganda.

Our provincial mindset prevents us from seeing anything but conspiracy theories against us, as a tribe, by incumbents and the opposition. And that has put a rift in the masses that works to the advantage of bad government. They don't want One Nigeria and wIll do nothIng to unIfy the people. They don't need it. We do.

2 Likes

Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by DaLover(m): 11:15am On Nov 25, 2013
Nigerians are like the children of a poor man wondering why they cannot get the same entitements as a multi-billionaires children...

Before coming here to say that the current government has failed, people need to realy ask themselves what is achievable, and what has been achieved so far....

Example if a poor man is building a house, and he is able to achieve 2 coaches every 6 month..thus completing the house in 10years time....
It would be wrong to rate him as a failure after two years if he achieved 3 coaches instead of 4...

Problem I commonly find with many people here on Nairaland is that we compare this very poor man to a multi billionare (UK, USA, canada..etc) and call him a failure because he didnt complete the house in 2 years....Forgetting that something called cash flow is extremely limited...infact some even reason that govt has access to a bottomless reserviour of funds.

Thus comming to this forum to say a lot og rubbish

1 Like

Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Flygeriansteve: 11:15am On Nov 25, 2013
Symphony007: i just said boldly on my post that i am a major critic of nigerian corruption and underdevelopment but i don't mbeki to tell me.
I find this amusing. You admit the problem but you're angry that a foreigner could these bitter home truths. But you should expect more to come. If we don't fix our Nigeria, Goodness knows Mugabe will still tell us these things!

1 Like

Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by imauri: 11:15am On Nov 25, 2013
shymexx: Isn't it interesting that outsiders can see everything wrong with Nigeria, yet Nigerians seem to be blind?

Well, it's just like living in a stuffy and smelly house. Whoever lives in a such a place won't be able to smell the putrid odour, because of being used to it. However, outsiders would be able smell it within 2 secs of being there. That's the case of Nigeria.

A country in shambles, yet most Nigerians have a chip on their shoulders. Laughing stock of world due to being perennial non-achievers, yet most Nigerians think that they're the best thing since slice bread and anyone that can't stand their backward mentality is presumed to be "jealous" of their non-achievements.

Nigerian state of mind = delusional state of mind.

thank you.... extreme delusion...the Nigerian leadership is a product of the society.... nothing more.... the Obvious uselessness of the masses, morality 0, honesty 0, greed 100,tribalism 100 vanity 100. so why bother! you honestly have to be outside to see it for what it is. A country where progression and positive change will bring about your sudden demise...

2 Likes

Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Flygeriansteve: 11:15am On Nov 25, 2013
Symphony007: i just said boldly on my post that i am a major critic of nigerian corruption and underdevelopment but i don't mbeki to tell me.
I find this amusing. You admit the problem but you're angry that a foreigner could tell these bitter home truths. But you should expect more to come. If we don't fix our Nigeria, Goodness knows Mugabe will still tell us these things!
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by vislabraye(m): 11:20am On Nov 25, 2013
stevedure: U dnt shoot urself on d foot and still expect to run. D problem is not even d leaders, d problems is d people. Is there any city where d past, present and future leaders are drawn 4rm? They live within us! It's d mentality of Nigerians and the leaders are Nigerians! In my skul, a lecturer would not come 4 lectures 4 upto 3times in a whole semester, yet he collects sorting 4rm students! Try 2 report him and u'll end up paintin urself with carry-overs. Not 4rm him cos it'll be suspicious, but 4rm his brothers in crime. Take him 2 VC, he goes and buy VC drinks and call u a confused boy/girl, frustrate u until ur eventual removal 4rm skul. Tell me, is it me dat my dad either taps palm wine, sells okrika, my mum fries akara, sells garri and give me all 2 try pay my way out of skul dat would go and fight 4 change n get dropped out and cause my poor parents hypertension dat will lead 2 their sudden death? That is why it's hard 4 nigerians 2 go all out 4 protest!

The issue here is trust and courage. Many of us can't take a bold step and risk its consequences. Nothing good comes easy. Where you are today is as a result of someone's sacrifice. In a revolution, people have to sacrifice.
But the issue of trust comes up. While some people are busy fighting for the good, you have other saboteurs. Some people will make an agreement to protest only for them to back out.
If students can't come together and fight a corrupt lecturer, is it the government they will fight ?

1 Like

Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by vislabraye(m): 11:20am On Nov 25, 2013
stevedure: U dnt shoot urself on d foot and still expect to run. D problem is not even d leaders, d problems is d people. Is there any city where d past, present and future leaders are drawn 4rm? They live within us! It's d mentality of Nigerians and the leaders are Nigerians! In my skul, a lecturer would not come 4 lectures 4 upto 3times in a whole semester, yet he collects sorting 4rm students! Try 2 report him and u'll end up paintin urself with carry-overs. Not 4rm him cos it'll be suspicious, but 4rm his brothers in crime. Take him 2 VC, he goes and buy VC drinks and call u a confused boy/girl, frustrate u until ur eventual removal 4rm skul. Tell me, is it me dat my dad either taps palm wine, sells okrika, my mum fries akara, sells garri and give me all 2 try pay my way out of skul dat would go and fight 4 change n get dropped out and cause my poor parents hypertension dat will lead 2 their sudden death? That is why it's hard 4 nigerians 2 go all out 4 protest!

The issue here is trust and courage. Many of us can't take a bold step and risk its consequences. Nothing good comes easy. Where you are today is as a result of someone's sacrifice. In a revolution, people have to sacrifice.
But the issue of trust comes up. While some people are busy fighting for the good, you have other saboteurs. Some people will make an agreement to protest only for them to back out.
If students can't come together and fight a corrupt lecturer, is it the government they will fight ?

Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by dbride: 11:20am On Nov 25, 2013
remark D: I was like "Huh?" when the writer was going on about Egypt and Tunisia, talkless of Libya..."if those countries' current state is what is wished upon Nigeria.... may it be upon the writer's family..." I said... and when I read up to the ramble about Oduah and the car nonsense... I knew for sure this write-up was crap and was not surprised at all to see it was oozing from that shit-hole called Punch.

They are still bleeding and frustrated that their media-campaign against Oduah came to zilch! lmao.. they can cry us river niger, who cares? Stella stays and they can goFuck themselves.

How can a human being be bitter that his lies were not bought by the public? na so oil dey confuse people so?

........BORN THROW WAY....
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Nobody: 11:21am On Nov 25, 2013
kingoflag: Thats the problem with you clowns like I said---- ure so deceitful and hate the truth u don't mind lying to outsiders,as well as urselves.

Tribalism? Because I spoke the truth? Are Igbos not vocally 100% behind this thieving govt? Were Northerners not behind Yar Adua? Ok, then. Is any Northerner crying over my truthful allegation? So, why do u choose to cry at the truth?

You ask about OBJs tenure. Well, pardna, I didn't give 2 fuxcks about Nigerian affairs back then,but from the little I've read his fellow Yorubas were his biggest antagonists while he garnered much of his support from the North and part of the East because he gave their "sons" and "daughters" juicy posts in his govt.

Sorry to say, you are the "maddest guy ever liveth"
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by DaLover(m): 11:22am On Nov 25, 2013
Like I have always said, corruption is the least of our problems, implementing structures that reduce corruption are the main challanges...

We have said big government...big corruption...

But the same people who are crying blood that corruption is killing us insist on govt run, schools, hospitals, universities, airline, nepa, NNPC, banks etc..

why wont corruption be massive....

As a people we should take advantage of the proposed constituitional confab to restructure this country and stop decieving ourselves that oil wealth will take us to the promise land...

Corruption will reduce whne every ward, local government,. state has to generate something and be productive..
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by juanmiguel: 11:22am On Nov 25, 2013
If u wana make Nigeria a better place, take a look @ urself and make the change. Start with d man in the MIRROR! In MJ's voice. Stop accusing n blaming

2 Likes

Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by seangy4konji: 11:23am On Nov 25, 2013
it nor concern me...if God deh give me food chop?and ma alomo to drink..no lele..if ma money complete wella...i know what to do and where to go...as u like loot the treasury finish.
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Symphony007: 11:24am On Nov 25, 2013
Flygeriansteve: I find this amusing. You admit the problem but you're angry that a foreigner could these bitter home truths. But you should expect more to come. If we don't fix our Nigeria, Goodness knows Mugabe will still tell us these things!
i'm glad i could amuse you, and if foreigners see the need to comment on nigeria, i will always be here to remind them of their dirt laundry back home. Goodness knows if mugabe opens his pie hole to comment on nigeria i'll remind him that in his country 100 billion zimbabwe dollars worth only 3 eggs.

1 Like

Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by emorse(m): 11:26am On Nov 25, 2013
DaLover: Nigerians are like the children of a poor man wondering why they cannot get the same entitements as a multi-billionaires children...

Before coming here to say that the current government has failed, people need to realy ask themselves what is achievable, and what has been achieved so far....

Example if a poor man is building a house, and he is able to achieve 2 coaches every 6 month..thus completing the house in 10years time....
It would be wrong to rate him as a failure after two years if he achieved 3 coaches instead of 4...

Problem I commonly find with many people here on Nairaland is that we compare this very poor man to a multi billionare (UK, USA, canada..etc) and call him a failure because he didnt complete the house in 2 years....Forgetting that something called cash flow is extremely limited...infact some even reason that govt has access to a bottomless reserviour of funds.

Thus comming to this forum to say a lot og rubbish
What is this one saying? Have you compared your Nigeria to her West African neighbours yet?
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by gerald09(m): 11:27am On Nov 25, 2013
kingoflag: Thats the problem with you clowns like I said---- ure so deceitful and hate the truth u don't mind lying to outsiders,as well as urselves.

Tribalism? Because I spoke the truth? Are Igbos not vocally 100% behind this thieving govt? Were Northerners not behind Yar Adua? Ok, then. Is any Northerner crying over my truthful allegation? So, why do u choose to cry at the truth?

You ask about OBJs tenure. Well, pardna, I didn't give 2 fuxcks about Nigerian affairs back then,but from the little I've read his fellow Yorubas were his biggest antagonists while he garnered much of his support from the North and part of the East because he gave their "sons" and "daughters" juicy posts in his govt.
what fuc*kin truth are u on about, dat d reason Nigeria is like dis is cos of the SE and North, what d fu*ck did dat igbo dude do to u for dis kind hatred. First I aint a big fan of the SE but blaming dem for my countries failures is just st*upidity, hw petty can u be. So lemme quote "U only started giving a f_uck about Nigeria when ur sons and daughters stop getting d juicy posts" am guessing dat shuld be just after OBJ tenure ryt? Since u only leant how to read after OBJ term ended. Well I really don't know which tribe enjoyed during OBJ time but lemme give u d gist, all I knew back den was Nigeria was fu*cked and all tribes were guilty.
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by sunnyprof: 11:27am On Nov 25, 2013
As Nigerians, we deserve the kind of Leaders we have. Give it or take it, they claim we voted them but we say they rigged themselves in, but we never really gave a hoot. It means we don't bother how they get there and they know this, so they indulge in getting to power with or without us.
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by bigismalls: 11:33am On Nov 25, 2013
the point is Nigerians are used to suffering and smiling, always trying to persuade themselves that everything is good as far as they are doing a lil better than the next door neighbor, even though they still wallow below poverty line. we have been deceived by the western religion (and yes i am talking about Islam and Christianity) to the point that we practice morality against ethics. we are still very far from civilization and growth to the point that the average Nigerian will kill to prevent gay practices but take corruption and poverty with a pinch of salt. until we all do a soul searching and decide if this is life we want for ourselves and the generation yet unborn, we will continue to wallow in the corruption that has eaten deep into our nation like a cankerworm.

Note: people who are unsuccessful blame everyone but themselves for their failure
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Flygeriansteve: 11:34am On Nov 25, 2013
Mr shroud:
A president who did this and a president who did that!
For heaven's sake why do you narrow your veiw of Nigeria to the Presidency.
Have you ever paused to think that you too have a role to play in the development of your own country?
Have you ever paused to think that the president is human, hence not perfect?

Have you ever paused to observe that if youths are not recruited (as you claim) to defend Mr .PRESIDENT there are some unscrupulous elements here would go way past the boundaries of constructive critisms, and paint our president as a daft beast, and potray nigeria in the worst of lights?
Do you know the meaning of public relations.
Do you know how much social media affect our lives?
How often /or do you ever write articles here on NL to constructively criticize any Nigerian Leadership or do you positively contribute to such articles.
Do you have concrete evidence on what you alledged or you put two and two together?
Answer Me , My dear Fellow Nigerian.

Of course he's not an animal but I can tell you from the little I know bout leadership that the leader SHOULD be 'better' than his/her followership. By better I mean He should be more responsible, more accountable and even more knowledgable. A leader will be criticised. he's ABSOLUTELYanswerable to the followership. We need a leader who has answers to the questions we can solve ourselves. GEJ unfortunately has proved a situational leader who is just as clueless as most of the citizenry.
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by dad007(m): 11:34am On Nov 25, 2013
imauri:

thank you.... extreme delusion...the Nigerian leadership is a product of the society.... nothing more.... the Obvious uselessness of the masses, morality 0, honesty 0, greed 100,tribalism 100 vanity 100. so why bother! you honestly have to be outside to see it for what it is. A country where progression and positive change will bring about your sudden demise...
Uhmmmm,mama mia,dis is bad.Anyway,I wish my people well...As 4 me,my honesty100,self satistaction100,morality 89 and simplicity is my vanity.With this attidude,I have achieved more than I ever thought.I hope someday,my fellow Nigerians we learn.I HOPE!
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 25, 2013
On these I Stand :

Resolution OR Revolution !

ELSE

Disintegration !!!

No Resolution, No Progress.

No Revolution, No Change.

So shall it be UNLESS We DISINTEGRATE. !!!
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by DaLover(m): 11:35am On Nov 25, 2013
emorse:
What is this one saying? Have you compared your Nigeria to her West African neighbours yet?
which west african neigbor?
do you want to go head to head on this?
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Gracyel(f): 11:35am On Nov 25, 2013
gerald09:
Dude really! Is it dat bad that u can't even make an argument without the tribal BS. All u see is tribe hate yet every single part of Nigeria has failed including the region u blindly see as d best. What will u tell a child when ask y u made dis statement? So if I may ask politely during OBJ tenure which part encouraged his plunder?
İ wonder o.......Why the tribalism nau?? Dat was really immature!. İnstead of us pondering over the tuth and checking for future solutions, some fools will be bringing in tribalism!
Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by Nobody: 11:36am On Nov 25, 2013
And what little effort have you made on ur own part? U guys praising mbeki cuz u are simply hypocrites and wanna be saints why some people from the tribe of saints want to push the blame on another tribe!
Its not like we don't know our problems and we are all part of it!
Even those who:
Patronised special centre for waec and neco,
Bought their admission,
Sleep with and bribe lecturers for marks,
Pay their course mates to do their tests and assignment,
Lobbied for their NYSC posting,
Sleep with top politicians and men for money,
Even bought or bribing to get a job or contract,
Promote tribalism and fanatism,
Go for or organise protest cuz of sentiments and material gain...

....are all screaming 'Nigeria is corrupt' 'million likes for mugabe' 'bla bla bla'
What have you done?
If a peaceful protest is being organised will you go out as a true citizen or wait till you are being paid or simply call those who are part of it low life and jobless fools?

During election do you go out to vote or u simply sit @ home behind your computer or phones,log on to a faceless forum then begin to vote with ur silly thoughts and leprosy fingers!

Ndiara!! angry

Ukuts gp: is South Africa like nigeria now. Just look at ur Nigeria and tell me what u see.

2 Likes

Re: Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians by dahfweshdude69: 11:37am On Nov 25, 2013
IMO I think our biggest problem is tribalism...if every single tribe can unite and kick against every single corrupt leader destroying our country, we will change for good...but Hausa hates igbo...igbo also hates Hausa... igbo people call Yoruba back stabbers.. if we can put tribal issues behind and just come together for once...trust me...we will change... but as long as d monster called 'tribalism' is around... we can't move forward... GOD BLESS NIGERIA

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jonathan, Zuma Open Talks Over Botched $15m Arms Deals. / PDP-NNMG: Fayemi Plotting To Replace Osinbajo, Become APC VP Candidate In 2023 / Tinubu To Governors: Primaries Crucial To Democracy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.