Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,716 members, 7,802,162 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:12 AM

Police Kill Seven Robbers In Edo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Kill Seven Robbers In Edo (12537 Views)

Police Kill 2 Robbers In Abuja, Recover Pistol And Bullets (photo) / Glory Uzoh Shot By Robbers In Abuja (Viewers Discretion) / Police Kill Robbers In Gun Duel, Arrest Six Car Snatchers (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Kill Seven Robbers In Edo by sylvar02(m): 5:47am On Nov 25, 2013

Seven suspected robbers were shot dead, Sunday, along the notorious Benin by-pass, during a gun battle between the police and the robbers.

The operation was personally led by the Edo State Commissioner of Police, Mr Folusho Adebanjo.

At press time, the CP and a special squad of detectives were still combing the area popular referred as haven for robbers. Some of the robbers, according to CP Adebanjo, were still in the bushes with bullet wounds.

As at 10:30am when the bodies of the dead robbers were brought to the Edo State Police Command, one of the robbers who identified himself as Sanda from Kebbi State, was still alive and he confessed that he only joined his dead colleagues for the first time, because he needed money to go back to Kebbi State.

One AK 47, cutlasses and assorted charms were recovered from the armed bandits. It would be recalled that passengers and drivers have been robbed almost on daily basis along the Benin by-pass, while in most cases the women among the passengers were raped by the armed bandits who are mainly Hausa Fulanis.

However, Adebanjo who is known for his zero tolerance as regards activities of robbers in the state narrated that “this operation took place at about 5:30-6am. Because we noticed that arm robbers who operate there always come out early hours when people are travelling or going to the market for their businesses.
Their activities along that by-pass have become an embarrassment and with intelligence which we gathered, we laid an ambush.

“What happens is that they normally come with a bus where they load themselves and when they get to the by-pass they distribute themselves to different locations to perpetrate their evil. You will look at the bus as an old one, maybe you will even think they are going to the farm but they are dare devil armed robbers.

“You that the by-pass leads to different states but unfortunately these hoodlums made that place haven for operation. So we stormed there this morning following a tip off, we met them and engaged them. They engaged us too the result is what you are looking at now.
Some of them are still in the bushes with bullet wounds, my men are still there pushing them and I am going back there myself because we are going to round all of them up.
“Armed robbers cannot be safe anywhere in Edo state. That is the message we have for them throughout this festive period and next year” he asserted.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/edo-police-kill-7-suspected-robbers/

1 Like

Re: Police Kill Seven Robbers In Edo by oasis01(m): 5:55am On Nov 25, 2013
Kudos to the police.

2 Likes

Re: Police Kill Seven Robbers In Edo by whirlwind7(m): 6:05am On Nov 25, 2013
Ah, a cheery news to brighten up this Monday morning. My coffee even tasted better!

2 Likes

Re: Police Kill Seven Robbers In Edo by ichommy(m): 6:06am On Nov 25, 2013
Well done NPF

1 Like

Re: Police Kill Seven Robbers In Edo by yousee(m): 6:26am On Nov 25, 2013
Kudos to the NP!

But NP, when una go get proper uniforms? I see 5 policemen, with five uniforms from their individual tailors.

2 Likes

Re: Police Kill Seven Robbers In Edo by carzola(m): 6:29am On Nov 25, 2013
How many police die? Cause to kill seven rubberz no be here..

4 Likes

Re: Police Kill Seven Robbers In Edo by otokx(m): 7:37am On Nov 25, 2013
Good job Police; kill all them robbers.

1 Like

Re: Police Kill Seven Robbers In Edo by Lilimax(f): 3:13pm On Nov 25, 2013
Well done guys.
Re: Police Kill Seven Robbers In Edo by NadiaSA1(f): 3:14pm On Nov 25, 2013
Job well done!
Re: Police Kill Seven Robbers In Edo by kachi6969(m): 3:17pm On Nov 25, 2013
Serves them ryt!
Re: Police Kill Seven Robbers In Edo by pafestula(m): 3:17pm On Nov 25, 2013
where is the CP that led the operation in the picture? Asodun cheesy! anyway kudos NPF
Re: Police Kill Seven Robbers In Edo by buzodyke: 3:20pm On Nov 25, 2013
Good attempt from d men on black uniform, wat do u tink? grin
Re: Police Kill Seven Robbers In Edo by BUSHHUNTER: 3:20pm On Nov 25, 2013
God don catch dem lols......evryday 4 thief one day 4 owner LMAO

Re: Police Kill Seven Robbers In Edo by LMAyedun(m): 3:20pm On Nov 25, 2013
Ok.. good for them.
Re: Police Kill Seven Robbers In Edo by Smartjeezy(m): 3:21pm On Nov 25, 2013
That Cp Na OPC Member...I Know Am For OGUN State...Kudos oga Police.

2 Likes

Re: Police Kill Seven Robbers In Edo by checkdate(m): 3:22pm On Nov 25, 2013
. . . hmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmh
Re: Police Kill Seven Robbers In Edo by Thomsbuky(m): 3:24pm On Nov 25, 2013
Good Job and well- done NPF.
Re: Police Kill Seven Robbers In Edo by crackhaus: 3:25pm On Nov 25, 2013
Lilimax: Well done guys.

Be respectful, they're not your guys. undecided

@Topic, well done boiz.
Re: Police Kill Seven Robbers In Edo by yakatamhd(m): 3:25pm On Nov 25, 2013
Una get luck say na only 1 AK47 dem carry sha,...buh hw can moredan 7 rubbers go operate wit just 1 gun $ plenty of cuttlass. ;DUna get luck say na only 1 AK47 dem carry sha,...buh hw can moredan 7 rubbers go operate wit just 1 gun $ plenty of cuttlass.
Re: Police Kill Seven Robbers In Edo by 3kay945(m): 3:29pm On Nov 25, 2013
Every day for the thief, one day for the farmer. time up Mr robbers, may you find what you deserve adequately in the beyond.
Re: Police Kill Seven Robbers In Edo by iterator25: 3:32pm On Nov 25, 2013
Lol @the pictures. Policemen be like #it's done , we killed it (look at the middle guy, swag grin)
Re: Police Kill Seven Robbers In Edo by Adesam09(m): 3:32pm On Nov 25, 2013
Ok
Re: Police Kill Seven Robbers In Edo by oguash: 3:33pm On Nov 25, 2013
hip hip hip hurray
Re: Police Kill Seven Robbers In Edo by Panzastrip(m): 3:34pm On Nov 25, 2013
That police in the middle de make me laugh grin.

1 Like

Re: Police Kill Seven Robbers In Edo by iterator25: 3:35pm On Nov 25, 2013
Middle guy in the picture be like #I'm one niggga you don't wanna fvck with
Re: Police Kill Seven Robbers In Edo by Panzastrip(m): 3:37pm On Nov 25, 2013
iterator25: Lol @the pictures. Policemen be like #it's done , we killed it (look at the middle guy, swag grin)

grin grin Yeah the middle.
Re: Police Kill Seven Robbers In Edo by LilBRightTMc(m): 3:44pm On Nov 25, 2013
iterator25: Middle guy in the picture be like #I'm one niggga you don't wanna fvck with
And u really don't wanna fvck with him grin
Re: Police Kill Seven Robbers In Edo by uromicom: 3:45pm On Nov 25, 2013
my home state God don catch una sipping my alomo adding some sugar to it lol
Re: Police Kill Seven Robbers In Edo by LilBRightTMc(m): 3:48pm On Nov 25, 2013
iterator25: Lol @the pictures. Policemen be like #it's done , we killed it (look at the middle guy, swag grin)
They killed bro, literally
Re: Police Kill Seven Robbers In Edo by Gabassin: 3:49pm On Nov 25, 2013
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. ar u sure mr cp ?
Re: Police Kill Seven Robbers In Edo by MrBest: 3:55pm On Nov 25, 2013
At least our police are stepping up to the challenge in combating crime these days.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Scores Killed As Suspected Herdsmen Invade Agojeju-Odo, Kogi Community / Bandits In Zamfara Kidnap 20 Women, Kill 7 People / 15 Inmates Escape From Nsukka Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.