Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,861 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move (33364 Views)

Iheanacho's Manchester City Move Collapses, FC Porto His Likely Destination? / Kelechi Iheanacho's Father Decides / "My Son Is Missing!" - Kelechi Iheanacho's Father Declares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by Bash92(m): 8:00am On Nov 25, 2013
Golden Eaglets sensation Kelechi Iheanacho has had a major falling out with his father over the European club he should move to.

Kelechi has told his father in no uncertain terms that he wishes to move to Portuguese champions FC Porto, while Iheanacho senior has insisted he should choose between EPL giants Chelsea and Manchester City.

“Kelechi has had a major falling out with his father over where he should go to. The boy called and blasted the father from Lagos, where he is. He said his father is the major cause of the many controversies dogging his transfer,” a source familiar with this transaction informed only MTNFootball.com

“The boy also told his father that he has made up his mind that he wants to go to Porto, who have agreed to also take in another Eaglet star, Chidera Ezeh, because of Kelechi.

“But the father has kicked against his son’s choice, insisting he should choose between Chelsea and Manchester City.”

Porto in pole place for Iheanacho

It is believed that two contending agents have put pressure on Iheanacho senior to force the boy to now choose between Chelsea and City.

Further checks reveal that Cameroon-based agent Olivier Noah is one of these agents and he is presently in Owerri.

James Iheanacho told MTNFootball.com: “FC Porto is wrong. The clubs coming are Chelsea and Manchester City, though more clubs are also coming.

“I have not decided where he will go until I see him.

“We will pray over it and God will guide us.

“Money is not everything. What matters most is his future.”

As he is still a minor, Kelechi could be overruled in this matter by his father until he is 18.

The raging controversy over Iheanacho’s future took a strange twist on Friday, when Iheanacho senior raised alarm on Owerri radio over the whereabouts of his soccer star.

He finally got in touch with the player but that was only after one of the Eaglets assistant coaches got him to call his father four days after he left home without taking any excuse.

www.mtnfootball.com/international/fifa-u-17-world-cup/news/2013/october/31-iheanacho-father-fall-out-over-fc-porto-chelsea.html
Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by Bash92(m): 8:03am On Nov 25, 2013
Just hope this greedy father wouldnt destroy this guy football career. Man city and chelsea that doesnt have good reputation in nurturing of youngsters

25 Likes

Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by Nobody: 8:19am On Nov 25, 2013
The boy is too young to make such a crucial decision himself, his dad must guide him.

2 Likes

Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by Ismahill(m): 8:25am On Nov 25, 2013
Porto is a nyc team.i tink it is a nyc decision 4rm kelechi

5 Likes

Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by Tolexander: 8:28am On Nov 25, 2013
Pipsland78: The boy is too young to make such a crucial decision himself, his dad must guide him.
i laugh in golden eaglet!

3 Likes

Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by Nobody: 8:41am On Nov 25, 2013
Tolexander: i laugh in golden eaglet![/color][/b]
You will soon laugh in super falcons.
Messi, Neymar, Mikel Obi and all the other talented footballers - and in deed athletes generally - were guided by their dads so long they remained minors. So why should Kelechi's own be any different.

5 Likes

Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by Osinachi101(m): 10:04am On Nov 25, 2013
All I see is the father intrested in large sums of money from City n Chelsea. This two EPL clubs won't be a good destination for Nacho! He's still young n needs a lot of playing time and less pressure to perform to mature. Dat he can't get frm this EPL clubs cos they already have stars and won't really want 2 risk fielding n inexperirnced boy!......... More over he can join Porto when he matures n becomes a better player he can leave for a bigger club! This stage of his career is very important! He should learn frm Mikels mistake!

37 Likes

Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by Bash92(m): 10:13am On Nov 25, 2013
Pipsland78: The boy is too young to make such a crucial decision himself, his dad must guide him.
You mean is father should guide him to chelsea were he would be turned to a defender i.e a left full back and a place where he would never get a chance to play first team football. Portugal is a ver good destination for young players who want to futher develop b4 making a transfer to a country like England and spain. Or u want him to be warming bench like our kenneth Omeruo?

23 Likes

Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by vokalguy(m): 2:57pm On Nov 25, 2013
Moving to porto will help him develop as a player, he will get more games. A few years in Portugal will help him gain experience and confidence...

5 Likes

Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by omanifrank(m): 2:59pm On Nov 25, 2013
good
Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by Lilimax(f): 3:00pm On Nov 25, 2013
Bash92: James Iheanacho told MTNFootball.com: “FC Porto is wrong. The clubs coming are Chelsea and Manchester City, though more clubs are also coming.

“I have not decided where he will go until I see him.

“We will pray over it and God will guide us.

“Money is not everything. What matters most is his future.”

As he is still a minor, Kelechi could be overruled in this matter by his father until he is 18.

I love the way Kelechi's father replied them.
He sounded like a good dad who wants the best for his son.

A wise son brings joy to his father, ...(Proverb 15:20).

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by Dominionng(m): 3:01pm On Nov 25, 2013
You wanna go to Porto? Simple! Present your birth cert. Show the world you are 18+ and save urself and ur career from ur greedy Pop.

We will deal with the consequence lerra grin

4 Likes

Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by Nuvally: 3:02pm On Nov 25, 2013
He should remain in Nigeria ASAP....Abi our country no dey nurture young players?

3 Likes

Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by mrphysics(m): 3:03pm On Nov 25, 2013
they shud beta leave d issue of money for now and find a better place dis guy will establish himself well before placing a must-pay amount on his head. dough a man u fan, i wud suggest dis guy move to ARSENAL for basic football ideas. this my humble suggestion. MAN U AND ARSENAL FANS DAT AGREE WITH ME SHUD "LIKE"

45 Likes

Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by Adesam09(m): 3:03pm On Nov 25, 2013
Na him personal problem... He no concern me

2 Likes

Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by Olugbenger(m): 3:04pm On Nov 25, 2013
I'm sure joining nairaland is a better option.

24 Likes

Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by Psychedelia(m): 3:04pm On Nov 25, 2013
On this issue, I think Kelechi is right on his plans to move to FC Porto.

His father may wish the best for him, but wanting him to move to an EPL club, simply because it is more popular, WILL prove disastrous for Kelechi and his growing career.
One needs to look at the looooong list of younglings whose careers have phucking stagnated after they moved to EPL only to be relegated to the bench for an agonizing eternity.
I've followed football enough to know that the English Premiership is not one league that gives a phuck about a player's "growth status". The EPL wants their players READY-MADE most of the time; and if you can't deliver there and then, you will remain on that bench until you develop injuries on your butt FROM sitting on the bench.

FC Porto is where he'll have the opportunity to truly groom himself. Manchester City's business philosophy alone focuses wayyyy too much on winning and getting quads of cash from sponsors. Is that where you hope to grow?
The second you don't deliver, they either keep you on the bench or loan you off to some shittty team, and you'll watch, with your bare eyes, as your career goes down the drain.

Arsenal is the only one I'll give a slight pass in this department (mind you, I'm a Manchester United fan); but at the end of it all, FC Porto is the club he should play for.

Don't force the kid into making the blunder of a lifetime at such an age.

18 Likes

Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by kachi6969(m): 3:05pm On Nov 25, 2013
If he goes to chelsea or city,who wil he bench?,porto is the right choice.#myopinion

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by robi55(m): 3:05pm On Nov 25, 2013
Abeg porto or chelsea make una com sign me for free na,I be gud attacker o.

3 Likes

Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by safarigirl(f): 3:06pm On Nov 25, 2013
His father needs to butt out, why do Nigerian parents think they can force their wants on their kids? If the boy wants to go to Porto, let him go, if it turns out to be a mistake, fine, it's his mistake. He should let Kelechi be his own man, afterall he'll be an adult by next year. Better to go where he'll be happy and content than where his talent will dwindle due to discontent

8 Likes

Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by Nobody: 3:07pm On Nov 25, 2013

His father does not have as much experience as this "too young boy" to make the decision for him

4 Likes

Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by omajali2003(m): 3:08pm On Nov 25, 2013
Indeed, success has many friends. Did you ever hear of Sani Kaita's father falling out with him? Iheanacho, paying the prize of success like a beautiful lady with many suitors undecided

2 Likes

Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by checkdate(m): 3:08pm On Nov 25, 2013
if we check very well is like K. C is not in lagos.
If we check very well is like K. C is in Portugal already.

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by Oladsons(m): 3:09pm On Nov 25, 2013
Let him follow his mind. I wish him well wherever he goes.

4 Likes

Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by safarigirl(f): 3:10pm On Nov 25, 2013
Lilimax:
I love the way Kelechi's father replied them.
He sounded like a good dad who wants the best for his son.

A wise son brings joy to his father, ...(Proverb 15:20).

no be only pray over it. I bet Messi's dad organised a prayer session before choosing Barca. I bet your idea of a wise son is one who obeys his father's biddings. Kelechi isn't re.tar-ded, he can make his own decisions and suffer the consequences. Porto is a better choice than over-hyped Man City and Chelsea

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by stagger: 3:11pm On Nov 25, 2013
His father is a first-class FOOL. Does he want to kill his son's career? Can't people learn from Neymar who incidentally also played at U-17 level?

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by hemartins(m): 3:11pm On Nov 25, 2013
Hope he doesn't end up playing for Eyimba FC.
Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by stagger: 3:13pm On Nov 25, 2013
Pipsland78:
You will soon laugh in super falcons.
Messi, Neymar, Mikel Obi and all the other talented footballers - and in deed athletes generally - were guided by their dads so long they remained minors. So why should Kelechi's own be any different.

And apart from Messi who was a confirmed football prodigy whose entire family were moved from Argentina to Spain on a long term contract, where did these other players start from?
Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by emorse(m): 3:13pm On Nov 25, 2013
O$inachi101%:
He should learn frm Mikels mistake!
are you for real? Mikel made a mistake? Someone who's won almost everything there is to win in world football, Nigeria's best player right now who could be named Africa's best player in a few weeks made a mistake? I don't think so. I'm sure you don't either.

11 Likes

Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by Comradekenny(m): 3:14pm On Nov 25, 2013

If I hear,guid kooor,gather ni......it's better the guy makes his choice himself,for future reasons.....I don talk my own

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by Iaz93: 3:14pm On Nov 25, 2013
He'll burn on the bench (that's if he even makes it to the bench) in Chelsea or Manchester City. The pressure is there is high.

Mourinho go turn am to defender oh gringrin

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move by Malakh: 3:15pm On Nov 25, 2013
Ismahill: Porto is a nyc team.i tink it is a nyc decision 4rm kelechi
same energy u used in writing nyc could have been used to write nice, no give me headache this morning sad

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup / Osimhen Highest-Paid Player In Serie A / "Anthony Joshua Needs Sex To Become A Legend"-Two-time World Champ,Larry Holmes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.