Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,078 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? (20336 Views)

4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria / OLX Nigeria And So Much Scamming / What Resources Apart From Oil Contributes To 40% Of Our GDP? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by Mstrsheikh: 10:42am On Nov 25, 2013
Hello Everyone,

This is my second time I will be posting a topic on Nairaland, This Second topic However is on Online business meeting and transaction between two parties through a popular Medium known as OLX.

In my Opinion OLX in Nigeria can never be effective, why?

Some People whose excuse are that the country is too tough have ventured big time into Swindling innocent fellow Nigerians of money and different items. This deceitful and wicked attitude among Nigerians has rendered the use of OLX useless.

My own personal experience was on getting a new gadget; after making calls two of the sellers I contacted said I must deposit a certain amount of Money for logistics and registration fee to get any business done. Where on Earth is that done??

Another Experience is from one of a friend who wanted to buy a car, The Colour of car he saw Online and in reality were totally different with the owner giving different execuses.

My advice for any one patronizing buyers online not just OLX, if its not the regular Jumia, Konga and the likes should be careful as some people have used this means as a Money making venture swindling ignorant people.

People are always connected to the growth of Technology, with Bad people easier means of transacting business will only render the best Technology flawed and for those perpertrators or Scammers the End is near.

2 Likes

Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by afrobaby(f): 10:57am On Nov 25, 2013
OLX isn't a scam, even the almighty ebay and co still have scammers on their websites. Scammers can advertise on olx, that doesn't add up to say OLX is scam, wrong title

12 Likes

Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by johnwizey: 10:59am On Nov 25, 2013
afrobaby: OLX isn't a scam, even the almighty ebay and co still have scammers on their websites. Scammers can advertise on olx, that doesn't add up to say OLX is scam, wrong title
Abi o
Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by Chibenze(m): 11:29am On Nov 25, 2013
A very wrong title, do you know the gravity of what you just use as a title in few months or years to come, pls dnt destroy peoples business, they have invested much on it. OLX IS NOT A SCAM. except u dnt know how to use them.
Change the title of ur post.

4 Likes

Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by FYsol: 12:25pm On Nov 25, 2013
Guy ur post doesn't reflect OLX being a scam. They never guaranteed people using there service. Your title is defamatory. Please change it

2 Likes

Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by koretlinkz: 12:43pm On Nov 25, 2013
Mstr_sheikh: My advice for any one patronizing buyers online not just OLX, if its not the regular Jumia, Konga

What a CHEAP way to advertise a product and blackmail another... Please bro you don't have a POINT. And please how much have Jumia n Konga PAID you

5 Likes

Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by purplecircle: 12:50pm On Nov 25, 2013
Every site has scammer, you cant compare OXL with Konga or Jumia, does ones are online stores selling themselves, OLX is in the league of Ebay and the league of Tradestable in Nigeria which allows for different seller and buyers to meet, in all one just has to be careful.scammers are everywhere.

4 Likes

Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by omanifrank(m): 3:33pm On Nov 25, 2013
ya
Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by Adesam09(m): 3:35pm On Nov 25, 2013
He don do jare all of una wey dey talk about d topic... How many people wan correct him

1 Like

Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by danderson(f): 3:35pm On Nov 25, 2013
Am currently negotiating a Toyota Prado and the owner claims he is a custom officer but when i asked him the name of the current comptroller of custom, he seems to delay that signal is poor. I need advise.
Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by gbishop: 3:37pm On Nov 25, 2013
well i applied for a job advert on olx and i was called for interview. i dont know your own experience but its not a scam
Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by 2kass(m): 3:37pm On Nov 25, 2013
I swear it's not up to 40%.. I lost a contract worth 6Million because of those s1lly scammers already calculated my overal expenses n profite based on the figures given to be by 3diffetent suppliers i met there, not knowing that they were all the same.
Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by Olugbenger(m): 3:38pm On Nov 25, 2013
I don't see valid reasons to label any online advertising site false or a scam, especially free ones like OLX.
And why is this even on frontpage?
Seun pls remember you too run ads on nairaland, so stop spoiling another man's business.
We should be discussing silly people, falling for cheap scams!

11 Likes

Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by clean2: 3:38pm On Nov 25, 2013
you are totally absolutely wrong,after a deep thought you are totally absolutely right.then u may be totally absolutely wrong. Then after a deep thought u may be totally absolutely right. Whats the topic again? Oh yes keshi should recall iheanacho to super eagle or even amunike. wait where am i?

1 Like

Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by bunchyproject(m): 3:39pm On Nov 25, 2013
True

1 Like

Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by wrench: 3:39pm On Nov 25, 2013
danderson: Am currently negotiating a Toyota Prado and the owner claims he is a custom officer but when i asked him the name of the current comptroller of custom, he seems to delay that signal is poor. I need advise.
Scam Alert. shocked
Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by akposking(m): 3:40pm On Nov 25, 2013
danderson: Am currently negotiating a Toyota Prado and the owner claims he is a custom officer but when i asked him the name of the current comptroller of custom, he seems to delay that signal is poor. I need advise.
Guy u really have brains that work, else the guy for don use u do maga 4 xmas jolification.

2 Likes

Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by LMAyedun(m): 3:42pm On Nov 25, 2013
Noted
Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by kayswag100(m): 3:42pm On Nov 25, 2013
Going to buy my first car via OLX. contacted some buyers already. done lots of research and it seems credible. ..
Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 25, 2013
Didn't they have it on their website and adverts, that you should meet the seller for transaction.

Abeg don't come here and spoil people's business.

2 Likes

Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 25, 2013
kayswag100: Going to buy my first car bus OLX. contacted some buyers already. done lots of research and it seems credible. ..

Just make sure you meet the person before transaction.
Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by kayswag100(m): 3:46pm On Nov 25, 2013
Sure boss. I'm never going to pay money into any body's account. got my own security undecided
Promhize:

Just make sure you meet the person before transaction.

1 Like

Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by okeyxyz(m): 3:53pm On Nov 25, 2013
All this talk, yet no single "smart ass" here has bothered to expand on what "OLX" stands for
Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 25, 2013
40% is a generous estimate. I'd say 20%, and even then, it depends on what you're buying.

99% of those ads for used/new smartphones and electronic devices are cheap scams.

2 Likes

Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by xtiedre: 3:55pm On Nov 25, 2013
Me thinks the percentage of "Righteous" sellers on OLX is significantly lower than 20%. undecided

3 Likes

Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by KolaShangOne(m): 3:59pm On Nov 25, 2013
just like google trader which ia full of scammers.. olx is now full of scammers..

1 Like

Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by Madawaki01(m): 3:59pm On Nov 25, 2013
O MY GOD,i hope u havn't paid anything sha,they are scammers oo,customs dnt advertise online,BEWARE!!!
Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by purplecircle: 4:07pm On Nov 25, 2013

RUN RUN and don't stop
Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 25, 2013
Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by brixton: 4:15pm On Nov 25, 2013
scammers are everywhere even in advanced countries. b2b websites are known to aid scammers due to their free registration and no screening process, but they are always quick to advise people on checking out their goods and being 100% sure before parting with their money. Even nairaland u re using to post ur grievance is well known to also aid scammers. Just shine your eyes and God help u.

1 Like

Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by Iyfy4real: 4:17pm On Nov 25, 2013
Beware custom don't advertise online,so shine ur eyes well well b4 dem dry u o dis xmas.
Re: OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? by priscasmart(f): 4:17pm On Nov 25, 2013
scammers are everywhere

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Become Dstv Dealer,Distributor And Installer- By Fellow Nairalander! / No Limit On Naira Debit, Credit Cards Utilization On E-channels – CBN / 5 Reasons Nigerians Run Away From Network Marketing Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.