Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,901 members, 7,806,634 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:27 PM

Welcome To Umuahia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Welcome To Umuahia (8378 Views)

Army Sacks Police Station In Umuahia / Photos From President Jonathan's Campaign Visit to Umuahia, Abia State / 2nd Time Visitor To Umuahia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Welcome To Umuahia by FACE(m): 3:38pm On Nov 25, 2013
Ok, so I was in Umuahia for a few days. Usually, my trips to Umuahia would only cover a small area of interest to me, but my visit took me to some other areas that I had not been to in 6 years and I was surprised at the very rapid expansion of the city. People putting down solid money for solid buildings.

Umuahia is generally very clean and the roads are good. Some areas have covered drainage system while the people that stay in areas with open drains somehow refrain from throwing rubbish into the drain.

Some of the roads are narrow, especially in the Low cost and world bank estates which were originally planned as residential areas but have been overtaken by events. The city is now vastly commercial and people build small makeshift projections to expand the shops at ground floor level.

There are some top draw estates and a new area being developed as the New Umuahia where I saw a few cranes in action. Our main market is gone and I hope the area is put to good use. Most of our Amas have now been taken over by 2,3,4 storey buildings; Mbiara abia have now dug in for good and soon some areas will give way to new names and identities.

I also noticed a significant demographic change, with Igbo, Efic, Ibibio, Hausa, Yoruba etc doing their thing in Umuahia.
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by asha80(m): 3:44pm On Nov 25, 2013
op where have you been?....do you have pics to support your claims?...the gov is still a fool to abandon aba.

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Umuahia by oasis01(m): 3:47pm On Nov 25, 2013
Op,you are a leaner who is still on a loooonnnngggg thing.
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by FACE(m): 3:48pm On Nov 25, 2013
Ok, I didn't just drop down from the sky to Umuahia. I passed through some areas from Owerri to Mbaise to Obowo before getting to Umuahia. Owerri has actually burst at the seams and many suburbs are now firmly in Owerri and it is rapidly expanding. Whoever says that Rochas has done nothing in Owerri is full of BS.I can't hold brief for him in other areas but I had a glimpse of Okigwe (Owerri Road) on my way to Enugu from Umuahia. So my Umuahia pictures will start from Imo state.
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by FACE(m): 3:52pm On Nov 25, 2013
Asha, I have been very busy and only remembered nairaland when I was looking through my pictures. I can see the ethnic battle is still on and has entered a nuclear level. I wanted to visit Aba but I was very busy.
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by asha80(m): 3:52pm On Nov 25, 2013
FACE: Ok, I didn't just drop down from the sky to Umuahia. I passed through some areas from Owerri to Mbaise to Obowo before getting to Umuahia. Owerri has actually burst at the seams and many suburbs are now firmly in Owerri and it is rapidly expanding. Whoever says that Rochas has done nothing in Owerri is full of BS.I can't hold brief for him in other areas but I had a glimpse of Okigwe (Owerri Road) on my way to Enugu from Umuahia. So my Umuahia pictures will start from Imo state.
ok waiting.
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by asha80(m): 3:53pm On Nov 25, 2013
FACE: Asha, I have been very busy and only remembered nairaland when I was looking through my pictures. I can see the ethnic battle is still on and has entered a nuclear level.
grin
FACE: Asha, I have been very busy and only remembered nairaland when I was looking through my pictures. I can see the ethnic battle is still on and has entered a nuclear level.
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by oilykid(m): 3:58pm On Nov 25, 2013
pic or it did nt hapen sad sad
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by FACE(m): 4:06pm On Nov 25, 2013
Pictures not loading. Will be back to figure this out.
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by Ugom38(f): 4:27pm On Nov 25, 2013
is it the same umuahia i visited last 2 weeks?
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by Nnewi1stSon: 4:47pm On Nov 25, 2013
Subscribing....
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by Nnewi1stSon: 4:49pm On Nov 25, 2013
Ugom38: is it the same umuahia i visited last 2 weeks?
Madam please carry your pessimism somewhere else, ppl like you dont see anything good in anything. If the OP had said 'Aba' i'd have been weary, but as per Umuahia, even orji's haters affirm that he did a great Job over there....

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Umuahia by sidvinci(m): 5:04pm On Nov 25, 2013
poster just go and sleep. can somebody take this post out of here. what type of rubbish is this. I couldn't even finish reading this rubbish post. Please if you don't have anything to write or do pls list to pull over remix by kecee don jazzy.
I was born in umuahia. this is my 30th year in umuahia let nobody come here and talk trash again.
Tomorrow I will take my time and send you the pictures of umuahia. if you are looking for a place to visit pls don't come to umuahia. God why did you allow this guy to post this thing here. obasanjo some people are abusing the gsm you introduced.
as am writing now am at aba rd. that's where my business run if you like come and demolish it too. the only pedestrian bridge we have instead of the governor to teach us how to use it he went and demolish it. Abia state don't have one flyover.
let me stop here until another person talk shit again
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by nduchucks: 5:13pm On Nov 25, 2013
@FACE, na your face be this? Long time, how bodi. Welcome back sir.
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 25, 2013
@Face maybe u should reduce the resolution of the pictures using a Photo editor like Photoshop, Gimp or Corel Draw or even Windows Picture Manager
I am eager to see what Orji has done to Umuahia. Maybe then I will reduce my compulsion to compare him to a brainless minotaur
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by FACE(m): 6:47pm On Nov 25, 2013
PhenomenonVFX: @Face maybe u should reduce the resolution of the pictures using a Photo editor like Photoshop, Gimp or Corel Draw or even Windows Picture Manager
I am eager to see what Orji has done to Umuahia. Maybe then I will reduce my compulsion to compare him to a brainless minotaur
Hey, I have reduced the sizes from 1500KB to about 180 Kb still no show.

Ndu_Chucks, n na geshua. Wana brief appearance ne. Ka sani nairaland ne ungwan mahukaci da gidan dan iska yenzu. Ba na so uwan zei zage ni anan. ( It's been long, hope I made sense)

As for those that have lived one hundred years in Umuahia; you don't know Face, I don't engage in useless arguments. If I post any picture that isn't from Umuahia please say so.

I am not attributing anything to Orji, I just took pictures of areas I went to. I wonder why anyone would still need an overhead bridge to cross to a dangerous demolition site.
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by egift(m): 6:49pm On Nov 25, 2013
I was hoping to see ALOT of PICTURES!
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by oilykid(m): 6:51pm On Nov 25, 2013
angryno pic yet sad
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by FACE(m): 6:52pm On Nov 25, 2013
So I actually dropped out of the sky and hit PH-Owerri road still under construction.

Re: Welcome To Umuahia by asha80(m): 7:14pm On Nov 25, 2013
FACE: So I actually dropped out of the sky and hit PH-Owerri road still under construction.
is this approaching owerri?
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by FACE(m): 7:31pm On Nov 25, 2013
asha 80: is this approaching owerri?

Yes. still trying to resize pics
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by drnoel: 7:31pm On Nov 25, 2013
asha 80: op where have you been?....do you have pics to support your claims?...the gov is still a fool to abandon aba.
more than a fool and i can never people anything good will come out of Abia atleast until TA orji leaves.
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by FACE(m): 7:39pm On Nov 25, 2013
Just after assumpta, a new by pass to Concorde and Nekede, after the by pass and remodelling of Imo hotels. we are still on our way to Umuahia.

Re: Welcome To Umuahia by asha80(m): 7:42pm On Nov 25, 2013
FACE: Just after assumpta, a new by pass to Concorde and Nekede, after the by pass and remodelling of Imo hotels. we are still on our way to Umuahia.
it must be the new sam mbakwe boulevard or road.
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by Nnewi1stSon: 7:45pm On Nov 25, 2013
pls tell me those pics arent of owerri, the place looks unkept!
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by FACE(m): 7:53pm On Nov 25, 2013
A shopping mall and office complex along the bypass. It's a twin structure and was at the ninth floor as at two weeks ago. Another by pass from opposite Alvan traversing behind Emmanuel college. Still got lots of Owerri pictures but lets leave town to Emekuku

Re: Welcome To Umuahia by FACE(m): 7:57pm On Nov 25, 2013
asha 80: it must be the new sam mbakwe boulevard or road.

Sam Mbakwe is the 2nd bypass I think and it is yet to be completed.
Nnewi1stSon: pls tell me those pics arent of owerri, the place looks unkept!

OK, I won't tell you. I have some good pictures of Owerri but this is not for Owerri.
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by asha80(m): 8:00pm On Nov 25, 2013
FACE:

Sam Mbakwe is the 2nd bypass I think and it is yet to be completed.

OK, I won't tell you. I have some good pictures of Owerri but this is not for Owerri.
yes you are right...sam mbakwe is the second bypass and not the one i earlier felt...which road did you use to burst out of emekuku?
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by FACE(m): 8:04pm On Nov 25, 2013
This stretch takes you to Mbaise. The hill known as Ugwu nde nso is an accident prone zone. Ahiara Mbaise 2,3,4

Re: Welcome To Umuahia by FACE(m): 8:07pm On Nov 25, 2013
asha 80: yes you are right...sam mbakwe is the second bypass and not the one i earlier felt...which road did you use to burst out of emekuku?

MCC Uratta Road -egbu
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by FACE(m): 8:13pm On Nov 25, 2013
Ahiara Mbaise, 7 & 1/2, 7 & 1/2 and Onu Imo ( Imo state end)

Re: Welcome To Umuahia by asha80(m): 8:19pm On Nov 25, 2013
undecided wink
FACE: This stretch takes you to Mbaise. The hill known as Ugwu nde nso is an accident prone zone. Ahiara Mbaise 2,3,4
undecided
FACE: This stretch takes you to Mbaise. The hill known as Ugwu nde nso is an accident prone zone. Ahiara Mbaise 2,3,4
dualized road in the third pic?where is that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obama Wife Protesting For Biafrans Raw Photos / Jonathan: There Will Be Credible Elections In 2023 / Alleged ₦4bn Fraud: Obiano Pleads Not Guilty, Granted Bail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.