Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,601 members, 7,801,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho (26904 Views)

Kanu Nwankwo Visits Kelechi Iheanacho In Manchester / Arsenal To Sign Kelechi Nwakali And Chukwueze Samuel / Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by Fitzy4real(m): 4:31pm On Nov 26, 2013
Good move for the lad. I see him developing his skills at the new, state of the art Etihad campus, then, in a year or two, on loan at a top division club in any of the major leagues...
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by hariorh: 4:33pm On Nov 26, 2013
medjai: Lots of stupid comments here.

There's no club in Europe that will sign him and he will walk straight into the first team. He is an U17 player for crying out loud so I don't understand all these codswallop you all are spewing.
If he signs for any club now, he would be taken to the U18s and from there, he would progress through the ranks.

I think joining City would be great. They are good at developing young players

I totally support u brother.... Just one thing that baffles me though... *coughs*

Erm... could u give me the current list of top players groomed by the *coughs* man city academy?

grin
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 26, 2013
I will recommend him for cardif, west bron so that he can have the opportunity to perfect his skills instead of big clubs like chelsea who already have big names that can bench him.
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:33pm On Nov 26, 2013
hariorh:

Correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't Nasri become world class under Wenger?

I wrote he nurtured and developed Carzola and Isco. I siad he has worked with great midfielders lioe Silva, Nasri and Riquelme.
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by tyson55(m): 4:34pm On Nov 26, 2013
Iheanacho going to Man Shity according to his dad, i'll take the news with a pinch of salt. Let's wait to hear from Man Shity and the lil lad himself.

I pray the dad and the rest of the family involved in this ish come to their senses before the destroy this boy career before it even started.
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by Nobody: 4:35pm On Nov 26, 2013
This is great news for Nigerian football, where are those people who said he should not be drafted into the super eagles squad because He's too young, will you also say man city is too big for him?
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by imperiouxx(m): 4:36pm On Nov 26, 2013
Lalaska: Wrong move. Go to Porto. You'll develop your skill there. 2 to 3 years from now, you'll make a big money move to Manchester city and become a nominee for world footballer of the year after another 2 years there. How many players in the current Man city squad are from the youth team?

In fact, what's the problem with Man City. Acquiring players that they may not use but invest them in other small/average clubs.
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by hikmoj(m): 4:36pm On Nov 26, 2013
ammyluv2002: Please, don't go to Manchester City my wonder boy, they will ruin your career. They have like 1001 good players, you need a club that can depend on you, a club that will feature you as their 1st 11 not any of the top clubs biko. You don't need to warm the bench or join the queue of waiting for a player to fall sick or something. All the best sha!
i dont know why some pple wont consider all these points b4 striking a deal.
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by delvinmaya(m): 4:39pm On Nov 26, 2013
hariorh:

I totally support u brother.... Just one thing that baffles me though... *coughs*

Erm... could u give me the current list of top players groomed by the *coughs* man city academy?

grin

google can help you, or wikipedia

2 Likes

Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by physise(m): 4:40pm On Nov 26, 2013
make e join barca tongue
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by medjai(m): 4:42pm On Nov 26, 2013
hariorh:

grin
Joe Hart, Micah Richards, Daniel Sturridge are all City academy graduates. There are other players like Vladimir Weiss, John Guidetti, Abdul Razak and so on. These players are all internationals

1 Like

Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by hariorh: 4:42pm On Nov 26, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

I wrote he nurtured and developed Carzola and Isco. I siad he has worked with great midfielders lioe Silva, Nasri and Riquelme.

So what's the point of adding it in the first place?
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by gbeseun(m): 4:43pm On Nov 26, 2013
All of u just dey. Comment abi,,if nna u born kelechi and u re in abject poverty,will u allow him to go to 3sc?money answerth all thing and you can win jackpot anywhere,if na me I go send am go psg or real dey can buy anything over there
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by ammyluv2002(f): 4:43pm On Nov 26, 2013
physise: make e join barca tongue
That would be ; bad! Badder !! Baddest !!! Or in one word "Obituary " grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by hariorh: 4:44pm On Nov 26, 2013
delvinmaya:

google can help you, or wikipedia

Sorry bro. They gave me none. Please search for me o. Since u seem to know more about man city than their islamic owners

cheesy
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by DisGuy: 4:44pm On Nov 26, 2013
he wont even get a work permit!! Loan to belgium or italy straight!
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by delvinmaya(m): 4:44pm On Nov 26, 2013
and the players at man city now wont grow old? He def should go to man city. The right atmosphere for him to succeed is there. He will be taught by the best. And will have a chance to learn from the best. Pellegrinni, Vieira,Toure, Aguero. etc

1 Like

Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by Okijajuju1(m): 4:46pm On Nov 26, 2013
lexyclasy: PLZ ANSWER THIS QUESTION,IF YOU FEEL YOUR STANCE IS CORRECT: HOW MANY YEARS IS MIKEL OBI NOW IN CHELSEA,HAS HE WON LAURELS,HAS HE BEEN PLAYING REGULARLY,HAS HE MADE MONEY FROM HIS SIGNINGS......IF YOU CANNOT ANSWER THOSE QUESTIONS JUST LEARN TO KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT......

Young man,

Just because you hide bbehind a computer does not mean you can go around insulting people. You would do well to learn how to relate in public, cursing and insulting people does not make your post sound anymore intelligent than it actually is..

Back to the matter;

All we are doing here is sharing opinions. I dont feel that Manchester City has a good reputation for grooming young players, its how I feel.. I would rather send him to an Arsenal or Manchester united or even an Ajax in Amsterdam (which has a reputation for grooming star Nigerian talents) where his career can be handled better.

The decision is still not in our hands.. I doubt Kelechi even knows what Nairaland is sef.

Learn some internet etiquette.

Whilst we are discussing Human growth.. Please click on the link below and be a part of something actually useful. Nothing is too small. It does not even have to be money. Food, clothes, some of your toys, e.t.c are also accepted.

To partake in this Christmas miracle, click here 2nd edition Nairaland Annual Charity flight 2013

God bless you as you give to the poor..

2 Likes

Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by Bvesan(m): 4:46pm On Nov 26, 2013
In the long run, it is a good move because Man city are now focusing on youth by building a £100 million youth development and first team training centre. I hope he has great career wherever he goes.

1 Like

Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by delvinmaya(m): 4:48pm On Nov 26, 2013
hariorh:

Sorry bro. They gave me none. Please search for me o. Since u seem to know more about man city than their islamic owners

cheesy
my broda, you are a religious rascist cheesy, sorry for your phone sha. just type mcfc, and read through history, abi no be y you day browse be dat?
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by ammyluv2002(f): 4:48pm On Nov 26, 2013
Dis Guy: he wont even get a work permit!! Loan to belgium or italy straight!
you mean ogrin grin grin
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by ayoolagoke(m): 4:49pm On Nov 26, 2013
Man city or chelsea aint too good 4 him at this stage of his career.he will only be loaned out. FC Porto will be better for him cos they have a good youth system. Anyway, its all about the benjamins!
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by satmaniac(m): 4:50pm On Nov 26, 2013
nijanigga: Wrong move, Man city have no history of grooming young talents, they spent too much money buying the "big guys" so there is pressure to win laurels, no coach will give any rookie chance to play competitive matches. Even Arsenal that are known for grooming young talents, today only have Gnabry as the only academy playing breaking into their first team. I would rather go to FC Porto than Man city. But hey, the father want quick bucks, Nigerian mentality, quick bucks, fast money. The man might be eyeing some big house or big party or new car.
Plus another Wife.
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by MistaYax: 4:53pm On Nov 26, 2013
Well...The decision has been made, Family is number One! The best we can do is wish him luck
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by Fuhrer(m): 4:54pm On Nov 26, 2013
Vin saint: Maybe one cup of snorf nd akpuru achia (kai kai) go help de mata. Mek de man shine eye chose Arsenal wia young boys r made gr8 playas. Man u oo or City dey buy ready made. Iheanacho is not made yet. Those clubs no get much tym for young playas lyk him. Am still celebratin his goals with my 2 hands up nd down. If u c my reason- Follow me nkwa oya Iheanacho style. grin grin grin
wetin this one dey talk?! manutd buy ready made?! so Januzaj,smallling,Jones,Evans,Wellbeck na ready-made abi? e bi lyk say dat 'snorf' dey worry u gan.
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 26, 2013
imperiouxx: He doesn't even care if it's ManUTD or ManCity......... All he cares for is Man+Euros...

Now, this shiit is funny as fuuuck. LOL!!!

3 Likes

Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:54pm On Nov 26, 2013
hariorh:

So what's the point of adding it in the first place?

I pointed that Coach Manuel Pellegrini has worked with great midfielders and groomed some. What is your problem with that? Read my comment again and don't skim through. He also worked with Juninho the freekick master, Pires, Jaoquin, Eliseu. I am saying Iheanacho is still in good hands.

I posted the pics to show that he connects with his midfielders and Coach Manuel Pellegrini will look into Iheanacho.
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by Fuhrer(m): 4:55pm On Nov 26, 2013
satmaniac:
Plus another Wife.
azinnnnnn o ti ye e!!!!
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by obeski13(m): 4:58pm On Nov 26, 2013
If indeed the family has consulted God, and man city is d prefered club, so be it.but ordinarily, porto is a better choice.i dont know if d english FA policy of players meeting 70% appearance for national team is applicable to under age players.if so, then it may take longer than necessjry before he is given work permit to play in England.
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by marutimon: 4:59pm On Nov 26, 2013
Compare that to Success Isaac who signed for Udinese:
“I had to choose Udinese ahead of clubs like Manchester City, Chelsea, and some of the bigger European club that wanted to sign me, because my chance of breaking into the main team in Udinese is greater.

“More so, as a beginner in European football it will be nice to start from a smaller club and from there I can move to a bigger club in the future. But if I begin my football at these big clubs, breaking into the main team will take some time and if I choose to leave then, my value may drop. So, I am very happy with the Italian club.”

Much wiser approach than the Kelechi family. The longer it takes for Iheanacho to break into the first team, the less people will remember how great he was.

What's more: Most likely Man City will have to loan him, because he won't get a working permit for England.
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by thegoodjoehunt(m): 5:01pm On Nov 26, 2013
obeski13: If indeed the family has consulted God, and man city is d prefered club, so be it.but ordinarily, porto is a better choice.i dont know if d english FA policy of players meeting 70% appearance for national team is applicable to under age players.if so, then it may take longer than necessjry before he is given work permit to play in England.

If you train as a youngster at England, I think before your 21 years, you meet the English quota.
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by hariorh: 5:07pm On Nov 26, 2013
delvinmaya:
my broda, you are a religious rascist cheesy, sorry for your phone sha. just type mcfc, and read through history, abi no be y you day browse be dat?

Oga ade,
Here is what i asked for and not a history lesson...

Give me the current list of top players groomed by the man city academy?

And i'm on PC not phone. I've searched and found none. Do the rest and paste a link

Shikena!!!

grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Threatens To Stop Oliseh’s Unveiling On Wednesday / Women Praying And Holding TV For Eagles Victory / Awka City Stadium In Anambra (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.