Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,125 members, 7,807,407 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

I'm Fed Up!! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Fed Up!! (8932 Views)

My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help / I'm Fed Up / I'm Fed Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Fed Up!! by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 27, 2013
The problem might be with your taste bud,not their cooking.

1 Like

Re: I'm Fed Up!! by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 27, 2013
@coogar, o have not even finished the story, you've already given me a conclusion.

Anyway, it's solo thread. I don't wanna derail but the koko was, we ate her food, left the dirty plates and zoomed off cheesy

That was way back in school Sha. Of cos, the guy denied, saying the girl was his friends girlfriend. Na dem Sabi Sha, cooking will not give you ring o.

Case study my Solomon cheesy

1 Like

Re: I'm Fed Up!! by ladygogo: 7:40pm On Nov 27, 2013
coogar:

well deserved.....
if a woman cannot take care of her man, she deserves whatever she gets. even if a child is not well looked after, very soon he would start stealing or begging neighbours for food. if your friend cannot cook, there are millions of chics out there that would do the cooking in her bum-shorts. cheesy

i expect my girlfriend to care for me. if i am hungry & she can cook very well, then i expect her to cook. relationship is about give & take, caring for each other, etc. if i dunno how good a cook a girl is, how am i supposed to commit the rest of my life to her?

It shouldnt be expected. There are several ways to show care for each other in a relationship. In your world, if a girl cant cook she doesnt deserve to be committed to.
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by ladygogo: 7:41pm On Nov 27, 2013
You Nigerian men should better get ready. Girls these days are a mess in the kitchen. you all are in deep poo. cheesy If you like food, learn how to cook. If you are thinking about getting married and your fiancee isnt the cooking type, hire a maid/chef or cook for the family. grin
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by ladygogo: 7:42pm On Nov 27, 2013
Chillisauce: @coogar, o have not even finished the story, you've already given me a conclusion.

Anyway, it's solo thread. I don't wanna derail but the koko was, we ate her food, left the dirty plates and zoomed off cheesy

That was way back in school Sha. Of cos, the guy denied, saying the girl was his friends girlfriend. Na dem Sabi Sha, cooking will not give you ring o.

grin grin grin
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by ITbomb(m): 7:45pm On Nov 27, 2013
Stop picking girls at the parties or mini-skirted , brazilian haired nukes and look for modest girls with good upbringing
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by Nobody: 7:48pm On Nov 27, 2013
solomon111: I'm a chemical engineer,based in PH and i have a serious issue troubling me.
I don't want to sound conceited but the ladies i've dated can't cook and it's giving me serious cause for concern.
I'm a good cook myself,but unfortunately i don't have time as my job is so strenous that it sometimes requires me to shuttle between 3 states everyday and i get home too tired to even take off my clothes, let alone cook.
Ogbeni you don't need another live-in girlfriend that can cook. YOU NEED A HOUSEMAID that will do your cooking and cleaning for you.
Of course there are other solutions. Learn how to cook yourself. Surely you should be able to do that as a bachelor.
That way you can even teach your wife different recipes when or if you get married.
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by ladygogo: 7:49pm On Nov 27, 2013
solomon111: Gluttony?
Are you kidding me?
Do you really know the meaning of gluttony?
So demanding that the only food i get to eat that day at home after a hard day's job is good makes me gluttonous?
It seems you don't realize that it's the ladies that actually consume most of the food and even my money.
I hardly spend on my self nowadays.

Wassup with all these ridiculous demands? Have you paid her bride price? you don marry am? even if ?Who didnt have a hard day at work? Come on get of your butt and cook your own damn food so you can eat as much as you want!!. Why are you such a nag? A grown man nagging about food. This is 2013 and not the colonial era.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Fed Up!! by Nobody: 7:52pm On Nov 27, 2013
Are you kidding me?
So demanding that the only food i get to eat that day at home after a hard day's job is good makes me gluttonous?
It seems you don't realize that it's the ladies that actually consume most of the food and even my money.

After dropping 5k for food , you came on nairaland adding zero to the 5k cheesy aka gum like you!
Drop 50k for pot of soup make I see whether those chikalas you bring will not even wash the fresh bitter leaf, pound yam sef join.

You went home to carry mummy pot of soup and stew.
You no dey shame.

Learn to cook, MBA
Enrol your girl...no way.
Na to go find wife-cook from mummy.
Nwa mummy

2 Likes

Re: I'm Fed Up!! by Nobody: 7:52pm On Nov 27, 2013
lady gogo:
Wassup with all these ridiculous demands? Have you paid her bride price? you don marry am? even if ?Who didnt have a hard day at work? Come on get of your butt and cook your own damn food so you can eat as much as you want!!. Why are you such a nag? A grown man nagging about food. This is 2013 and not the colonial era.
Even in the colonial era a man would have to pay bride price BEFORE enjoying the girl's cooking and cleaning.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Fed Up!! by ladygogo: 8:06pm On Nov 27, 2013
tensor777:
Even in the colonial era a man would have to pay bride price BEFORE enjoying the girl's cooking and cleaning.

you are right, but what i meant was he needs to get the 1950's thinking out of his brain where a lady is strictly expected to cook or be an excellent cook.
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by solomon111(m): 8:08pm On Nov 27, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Make una no mind Chilli, spoilt child!

It seems poster is the achaic and melancholic type if not,kitchen will turn into bedroom.

Poster, which year dem born u? 1960?
Really?
I don't appreciate insults.
Thank you.
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by coogar: 8:15pm On Nov 27, 2013
lady gogo:
It shouldnt be expected. There are several ways to show care for each other in a relationship. In your world, if a girl cant cook she doesnt deserve to be committed to.

she is not ready to marry if she cannot cook.
what would she feed my kids with? chinese takeaway or burger king? even caucasian females enter the kitchen & cook for me let alone an african woman. a woman that cannot cook shouldn't be considered for marriage - that marriage is doomed.

Chillisauce: @coogar, o have not even finished the story, you've already given me a conclusion.

that's a very cool move there.
you went in, ate their food & left quietly without incident. that's fine by me. i hate catfights between 2 girls so i am sure the guy would be grateful you chics didn't make a scene there. so what happened to your friend? did she get back with the cheat?
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by andyanders: 8:17pm On Nov 27, 2013
If the only food you enjoy is that of your mother and yourself,then you have a problem.
If you think you know how to cook, why not teach her so that she can learn to cook to your taste?
Nobody is perfect unless you have a spritual problem that has taken over you.
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by solomon111(m): 8:21pm On Nov 27, 2013
lady gogo:

Okay,maybe the wordings were wrong.
I didn't really order them.
They wanted to impress me with their cooking and homemaking skills skills especially when its obvious i'm always very busy to even cook.
And btw,if you think expecting good returns for my money is colonial,then you must really be out of your depth.
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by solomon111(m): 8:25pm On Nov 27, 2013
Chillisauce:

After dropping 5k for food , you came on nairaland adding zero to the 5k cheesy aka gum like you!
Drop 50k for pot of soup make I see whether those chikalas you bring will not even wash the fresh bitter leaf, pound yam sef join.

You no dey shame.

Learn to cook, MBA
Nwa mummy
You can say and believe whatever you want,woman.
It's a free world.
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by ladygogo: 8:26pm On Nov 27, 2013
coogar:

she is not ready to marry if she cannot cook.
what would she feed my kids with? chinese takeaway or burger king? even caucasian females enter the kitchen & cook for me let alone an african woman. a woman that cannot cook shouldn't be considered for marriage - that marriage is doomed.

that's a very cool move there.
you went in, ate their food & left quietly without incident. that's fine by me. i hate catfights between 2 girls so i am sure the guy would be grateful you chics didn't make a scene there. so what happened to your friend? did she get back with the cheat?

"if she's a freak in bed, gives awesome BJs with good hygiene, why should something as unimportant as cooking really matter?

you can cook yourself so strap on your apron & your red kitchen hat and make your woman a delicious food. as long as one of you can do the job, there shouldn't be any worry.
"

Jokes. Your words.

1 Like

Re: I'm Fed Up!! by coogar: 8:29pm On Nov 27, 2013
solomon111: Okay,maybe the wordings were wrong.
They wanted to impress me with their cooking and homemaking skills skills especially when its obvious i'm always very busy to even cook.
And btw,if you think expecting good returns for my money is colonial,then you must really be out of your depth.

they are only pulling your legs.....
your preference is your preference. if what you desire the most in your partner is her cooking skills, then go for it. these women are heartless too. if you are not earning mad pay, 90% of them won't even say hi to you so set your standard as high as you want. keep looking for the right one so you can have a blissful marriage.

lady gogo:
"if she's a freak in bed, gives awesome BJs with good hygiene, why should something as unimportant as cooking really matter?

you can cook yourself so strap on your apron & your red kitchen hat and make your woman a delicious food. as long as one of you can do the job, there shouldn't be any worry.
"

Jokes. Your words.

except that the premise of that post was because he said he can cook. i cannot cook & it would be daft for me to go after a woman that cannot cook. coogar is different from solomon. since he could cook, he could waive her appalling cooking skill provided she's excellent in other departments. with me, she must know how to cook - that's the least requirement. wink

2 Likes

Re: I'm Fed Up!! by Ngokafor(f): 8:33pm On Nov 27, 2013
Are you kidding me?

..demanding kwa..on what grounds na??...Solo go and marry!! so you can make as much demands as you like to your WIFE!..

..and yes i still maintain that you love food too much...see as you just dey give people pikin red-card left,right,center over food issue..
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by solomon111(m): 8:34pm On Nov 27, 2013
andyanders: If the only food you enjoy is that of your mother and yourself,then you have a problem.
If you think you know how to cook, why not teach her so that she can learn to cook to your taste?
Nobody is perfect unless you have a spritual problem that has taken over you.

I asked two ladies to go to cooking school and they took the wrong way.
So yes,i've actually tried to encourage them to improve.
And there was nowhere in my post i said i enjoyed only my mother's cooking.
I've actually eaten good meals that were not cooked by mother.
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 27, 2013
Poster,
I even try.
I saw 1950. Ten yrs difference!

I didn't insult u. I just said d truth based on ur post.
No time to start analysing them one after the other.
Maybe u hv to modify ur post then I will change my position.
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by Ngokafor(f): 8:39pm On Nov 27, 2013
lady gogo:

..my sis no be small thingoo!..imagine!...see raking on top no bride-price..inshort make i hold my fingers...
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by ladygogo: 8:41pm On Nov 27, 2013
solomon111: Okay,maybe the wordings were wrong.
And btw,if you think expecting good returns for my money is colonial,then you must really be out of your depth

They failed to impress you and then what? You come on nairaland to start whining about your girlfriend's cooking skills?. Then write it off as bad debt if you feel you arent getting good returns for your money and move on to the next girl. You may be lucky to meet a good cook someday.

By the way, you are the one that is really out of your mind for having the nerve to come on nairaland to chat sheet about food. A grown ass man? seriously? undecided
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by Ngokafor(f): 8:43pm On Nov 27, 2013
Chillisauce:

You no dey shame.

Learn to cook, MBA
Nwa mummy

Rotfl!...
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by ladygogo: 8:48pm On Nov 27, 2013
coogar:

they are only pulling your legs.....
your preference is your preference. if what you desire the most in your partner is her cooking skills, then go for it. these women are heartless too. if you are not earning mad pay, 90% of them won't even say hi to you so set your standard as high as you want. keep looking for the right one so you can have a blissful marriage.

except that the premise of that post was because he said he can cook. i cannot cook & it would be daft for me to go after a woman that cannot cook. coogar is different from solomon. since he could cook, he could waive her appalling cooking skill provided she's excellent in other departments. with me, she must know how to cook - that's the least requirement. wink

cool. its nice to know coogar isnt solomon.
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by EfemenaXY: 8:55pm On Nov 27, 2013
Na wa o!

Jokes aside, how many of these women shouting cooking is no big deal... don't actually know how to cook?

I sure say Lady gogo, Chilli, YPP and Co. sabi cook Mama put + Mama Bisi even with their eyes closed!

@OP, I think it's admirable that you know what you want and choose to abide by it. Don't sell yourself short by lowering your standards. It's part of our African culture that a girl should not only know how to cook, but must be an excellent cook!

Like's been mentioned to you, when you find the right woman - even if her cooking isn't quite to your taste, take the time out to teach her yourself, and while doing it, make it fun.

It is well.
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by denzel2009: 8:56pm On Nov 27, 2013
You better advertise on NL for a good girl that can cook and clean like mr corrk does. There's no point dating someone who can't cook. She would be useless like a reverend father's diick.
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by ChiSun27(m): 8:56pm On Nov 27, 2013
Thank heaven I'm a man so I'm not among your target audience...stop using style to sell yourself on NL...it won't do you any good...or rather still...just open up that you are looking for a s.ex-mate so that the feeble and stupid female ones would apply.

Hope I'm not the only one that believes that this attention seeking OP is a mind player?
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by ChiSun27(m): 9:00pm On Nov 27, 2013
denzel2009: You better advertise on NL for a good girl that can cook and clean like mr corrk does. There's no point dating someone who can't cook. She would be useless like a reverend father's diick.

Fooooooo.oooooollll!!!!!!! Do you have to descend so low? What has a Rev. Father's d.ick gat to do with this? Can't u just air ur view without being goat-like?
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by coogar: 9:01pm On Nov 27, 2013
denzel2009: You better advertise on NL for a good girl that can cook and clean like mr corrk does. There's no point dating someone who can't cook. She would be useless like a reverend father's diick.

or giving birth control pills to a virgin.
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by denzel2009: 9:02pm On Nov 27, 2013
ChiSun27:

Fooooooo.oooooollll!!!!!!! Do you have to descend so low? What has a Rev. Father's d.ick gat to do with this? Can't u just air ur view without being goat-like?

Are you maad! abi ko fe ragba fun awon beere e nile ni?
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by ladygogo: 9:08pm On Nov 27, 2013
Efemena_xy: Na wa o!

Jokes aside, how many of these women shouting cooking is no big deal... don't actually know how to cook?

I sure say Lady gogo, Chilli, YPP and Co. sabi cook Mama put + Mama Bisi even with their eyes closed!

@OP, I think it's admirable that you know what you want and choose to abide by it. Don't sell yourself short by lowering your standards. It's part of our African culture that a girl should not only know how to cook, but must be an excellent cook!

Like's been mentioned to you, when you find the right woman - even if her cooking isn't quite to your taste, take the time out to teach her yourself, and while doing it, make it fun.

It is well.

lol. grin i sabi cook.

isnt that what people have been telling the poster. ? cook your own food or teach her if she is interested.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Are My Friends In Nigeria Always Asking Me For Money? / Remove Excess Fat From Any Part If The Body / If You Are Using AC With Prepared Meter What Is The Billing Like?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.