Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,864 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

I'm Fed Up!! - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Fed Up!! (8931 Views)

My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help / I'm Fed Up / I'm Fed Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Fed Up!! by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 28, 2013
chaircover:

embarassed embarassed embarassed i thought what a man can do a woman can do better ni tongue grin

Men DO area boys? shocked shocked

In the open and not on the down low?

I baptize this thread with Holy Ghost fire!!!
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by Nobody: 7:48pm On Nov 28, 2013
Ile, thank u. U will live long.

Yes I do that. I do small cement work.
Its time factor cos I hv already bought a bucket of paint for my bathroom.
I hv hand glooves, wears hubby's overall( not my size actually) and off I go. I lv doing my own things. Unless things only profs can handle.
What's d big deal.

(In case u didn't know farming brought quite a number of suitors my way, pple r so amazed I can farm very well.and I do that with pride. I will go with my small radio and farm for some hrs b4 heading home to go and cook. As correct ajebo wey dey uni. That was d way families train their children in my place)
So according to Ile, any other kweshion?
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by Nobody: 7:49pm On Nov 28, 2013
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by Ngokafor(f): 7:50pm On Nov 28, 2013
...The bone of contention for me really is the fact that a bachelor expects and 'demands' that his girlfriend whip out sumptous meal for him at every given point,not whether a woman should rule the kitchen more or not...
...i love to cook and am pretty good at it but i have a problem with the sense of entitlement which the op excudes...i just feel he has no right to complain so much when he is not married or even engaged to the girls he had complained about...
....he should make his meals himself or hire a cook to do so now that he's still single...when he gets married he can then teach his wife to cook the way he likes it.

1 Like

Re: I'm Fed Up!! by Nobody: 7:52pm On Nov 28, 2013
ileobatojo:

If the answer is on google or youtube and not too time consuming or difficult? Yup, I'm on it. Never had need for any roof repairs but I don't imagine either of us will do it. Would likely call the handyman.

why not the handywomangrin grin grin point is some work are more suited to males than females and vice versa.
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by Nobody: 7:53pm On Nov 28, 2013
coogar:

you really believe ileoba can do plumbing? plumbing ko, bricklaying ni. she cannot replace a blown fuse. my $5 says ileoba does not know where the car-radiator is.

Let's give her benefit of doubt grin grin grin
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by Nobody: 7:54pm On Nov 28, 2013
Donxavier:

why not the handywomangrin grin grin point is some work are more suited to males than females and vice versa.

Weak point. Try again please.
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by Nobody: 7:55pm On Nov 28, 2013
coogar:

you really believe ileoba can do plumbing? plumbing ko, bricklaying ni. she cannot replace a blown fuse. my $5 says ileoba does not know where the car-radiator is.

Don't hate me cos I'm handy. tongue tongue
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by coogar: 7:56pm On Nov 28, 2013
chaircover:

dont laugh o! one day I went to halfords to buy screen wash. I couldn't even find the lever to open the bonnet talk less of topping the thing. I car I had driven for 3 years. I had to ask some guys standing outside to help me. It was very embarassing embarassed embarassed :-

how can i laugh?
i know few men who don't know jack about their cars. their problem is even more compounded they live in the UK where people hardly open their bonnets - so it means they can never learn until they relocate to lagos.

Ngokafor: ...The bone of contention for me really is the fact that a bachelor expects and 'demands' that his girlfriend whip out sumptous meal for him at every given point,not whether a woman should rule the kitchen more or not...
...i love to cook and am pretty good at it but i have a problem with the sense of entitlement which the op excudes...i just feel he has no right to complain so much when he is not married or even engaged to the girls he had complained about...
....he should make his meals himself or hire a cook to do so now that he's still single...when he gets married he can then teach his wife to cook the way he likes it.

the sense of entitlement cuts across....
women demand entitlements in their own way too. as a man, you make the first move to woo a chic. most women would tell you they will never initiate anything until a man does. then who do you think pays for these dates to the cinema or restaurants in nigeria even if it's the woman's idea? you think a typical naija chic would go dutch with you? that's another sense of their entitlements....

meanwhile, all these things do not necessary mean the babe would be yours o. at least, the OP is demanding after a relationship has been established. your new catch can deny your pocket up to N200,000 without even becoming your girlfriend so slow your roll with your sense of entitlement stuff. the OP has paid his dues - let him spread his tentacles.
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by Nobody: 7:56pm On Nov 28, 2013
Ngokafor: ...The bone of contention for me really is the fact that a bachelor [b]expects and 'demands' [/b]that his girlfriend whip out sumptous meal for him at every given point,not whether a woman should rule the kitchen more or not...

I honestly I think it all depends on the relationship dynamic. I would expect my girlfriend to cook if we are both together. If i'm alone, I cook myself. If we are together I help out with her in the kitchen but she does the cooking......All my gfs have been like that I can't imagine dating any girl that doesn't know or doesn't want to learn how to cook
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by Nobody: 8:00pm On Nov 28, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Ile, thank u. U will live long.

Yes I do that. I do small cement work.
Its time factor cos I hv already bought a bucket of paint for my bathroom.
I hv hand glooves, wears hubby's overall( not my size actually) and off I go. I lv doing my own things. Unless things only profs can handle.
What's d big deal.

(In case u didn't know farming brought quite a number of suitors my way, pple r so amazed I can farm very well.and I do that with pride. I will go with my small radio and farm for some hrs b4 heading home to go and cook. As correct ajebo wey dey uni. That was d way families train their children in my place)
So according to Ile, any other kweshion?

Thank you o! Kini big deal?

The only time I've had a flat tire driving, I promptly changed it myself and kept it moving.

Is that supposed to be some big achievement?
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 28, 2013
ileobatojo:

Weak point. Try again please.

Some type of work are just more suited to males than females and vice versa. I wouldn't let my wife or girlfriend take ladder and climb inside the ceiling to do minor adjustments on the water installations or electrical wiring even if she has handy as you are angry
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by MMotimo: 8:02pm On Nov 28, 2013
@Post

Maybe you are just not communicating this properly but your opening post makes it sound like your primary need is a cook. Nothing wrong with that but it sounds like this may also be the driving determinant in choosing a bride.

As the happily married wife of a man that cannot cook, I am used to making the meals and it's really no big deal but my cooking has never been my selling point and he did not marry me because of my culinary skills. Be careful not to lose a good woman because she cannot cook, life is more than food and anybody can learn how to cook if they want to, it's not rocket science. There are worse traits than not knowing how to cook.

Note that if you are arriving home as late as it sounds, a meal "with the works" is probably not what you need at that time of night. Eat the heavy stuff earlier in the day (I assume you buy lunch outside) and be ready to finish with light meals for late dinner - it's better for your health and your metabolism

6 Likes

Re: I'm Fed Up!! by ladygogo: 8:08pm On Nov 28, 2013
tpia@:

I am yet to meet a white woman who openly says she doesnt cook.

Maybe i havent met anyone from high money so far.

So many of them boldly say they don't cook and know they wont be crucified for it. But the downside will be increases in their monthly food budget.
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by Ngokafor(f): 8:11pm On Nov 28, 2013
Donxavier:

I honestly I think it all depends on the relationship dynamic. I would expect my girlfriend to cook if we are both together. If i'm alone, I cook myself. If we are together I help out with her in the kitchen but she does the cooking......All my gfs have been like that I can't imagine dating any girl that doesn't know or doesn't want to learn how to cook

...oh well i guess i've been lucky then cos i was never compelled by my Fiance to cook for him when we were together initially...he only kind of expects it now that the relationship has gotten really serious and official,and of course i indulge him well.Cooking up and down for boyfriends has never been my thing to be honest.

1 Like

Re: I'm Fed Up!! by coogar: 8:11pm On Nov 28, 2013
ileobatojo:
Don't hate me cos I'm handy. tongue tongue

how can i hate my very own ileobz?
i have grown fat since we started cohabiting. biko, can i have more ogbonna soup this evening? my belly is itching. grin
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by ladygogo: 8:13pm On Nov 28, 2013
i change my own light bulbs.

i'm opened to learning plumbing and electrical works if i find a volunteer.
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by coogar: 8:14pm On Nov 28, 2013
lady gogo: i change my own light bulbs.

i'm opened to learning plumbing and electrical works if i find a volunteer.

call a handy man to teach you everything...
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 28, 2013
coogar:

i have grown fat since we started cohabiting. biko, can i have more ogbonna soup this evening? my belly is itching. grin

grin grin grin
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by coogar: 8:20pm On Nov 28, 2013
Donxavier:

grin grin grin

why you dey laugh na? if you want to be like me, you must wait for your time. grin cheesy
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 28, 2013
MMotimo: @Post

Maybe you are just not communicating this properly but your opening post makes it sound like your primary need is a cook. Nothing wrong with that but it sounds like this may also be the driving determinant in choosing a bride.

As the happily married wife of a man that cannot cook, I am used to making the meals and it's really no big deal but my cooking has never been my selling point and he did not marry me because of my culinary skills. Be careful not to lose a good woman because she cannot cook, life is more than food and anybody can learn how to cook if they want to, it's not rocket science. There are worse traits than not knowing how to cook.

Note that if you are arriving home as late as it sounds, a meal "with the works" is probably not what you need at that time of night. Eat the heavy stuff earlier in the day (I assume you buy lunch outside) and be ready to finish with light meals for late dinner - it's better for your health and your metabolism

Spot on with the bolded.

I even have a hard time believing that all the women he has ever dated can't cook. Ah ah! I think he's just very particular about how he wants his food to look/taste so the answer is not to keep chasing good women away but to work together, not in an overbearing manner to teach her your preferences and tastes! It is NOT rocket science.
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 28, 2013
coogar:

why you dey laugh na? if you want to be like me, you must wait for your time. grin cheesy

Naso oh.... I dey learn.......how long did it take you again to tame her? tongue tongue
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by ladygogo: 8:22pm On Nov 28, 2013
coogar:

call a handy man to reach you everything...

What?! so they can charge me 60-100 dolls for showing their faces? grin

The light plumbing and electrical jobs can be done by anyone. Plunging your sink counts right? grin

We are all going to need the services of professionals at some point..

Why do we have male Chefs if cooking is better suited to females?
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by Ngokafor(f): 8:22pm On Nov 28, 2013
coogar:

how can i laugh?
i know few men who don't know jack about their cars. their problem is even more compounded they live in the UK where people hardly open their bonnets - so it means they can never learn until they relocate to lagos.

the sense of entitlement cuts across....
women demand entitlements in their own way too. as a man, you make the first move to woo a chic. most women would tell you they will never initiate anything until a man does. then who do you think pays for these dates to the cinema or restaurants in nigeria even if it's the woman's idea? you think a typical naija chic would go dutch with you? that's another sense of their entitlements....

meanwhile, all these things do not necessary mean the babe would be yours o. at least, the OP is demanding after a relationship has been established. your new catch can deny your pocket up to N200,000 without even becoming your girlfriend so slow your roll with your sense of entitlement stuff. the OP has paid his dues - let him spread his tentacles.

...excuse me??
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 28, 2013
coogar:

Mtchieeeew!

Meanwhile, what is this whole controversy about the ogbonno/ogbonna soup sef? I would probably have spelled it the same way too. lipsrsealed
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by Nobody: 8:25pm On Nov 28, 2013
Donxavier:

Naso oh.... I dey learn.......how long did it take you again to tame her? tongue tongue

Ha!

Tame ko, tame ni.
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by Ngokafor(f): 8:25pm On Nov 28, 2013
ileobatojo:

Spot on with the bolded.

I even have a hard time believing that all the women he has ever dated can't cook. Ah ah! I think he's just very particular about how he wants his food to look/taste so the answer is not to keep chasing good women away but to work together, not in an overbearing manner to teach her your preferences and tastes! It is NOT rocket science.

Right on point!!...i think he's way too picky for his own good concerning his girlfriends and their cooking.
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by coogar: 8:34pm On Nov 28, 2013
ileobatojo:
Mtchieeeew!

Meanwhile, what is this whole controversy about the ogbonno/ogbonna soup sef? I would probably have spelled it the same way too. lipsrsealed

i have no doubt - you & chaircover are butty. this is why you would spell it as ogbonna. grin
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by damiso(f): 8:37pm On Nov 28, 2013
Most Michelin starred chefs are actually male so all these cooking is better suited to women is just stereotype.Cooking like swimming is a life skill that can be learnt if you are willing or have an interest.My son must learn how to cook so he won't be totally dependent on takeaways, sainsburys ready meals and Tomi's kitchen when he leaves home grin.
My husband can make some things better than i can,the dude can make ogi from scratch (all these ibadan raised people know how to make the most random stuff who has time for all that In Lagos grin grin).There are so many things like ogbonna grin grin grin I could not make when I got married but learnt via YouTube or from hubby so OP teach the woman you love HOW you like your meals.
And I can change a lightbulb, put on a generator, change a tyre, try to do plumbing etc.That said if hubby is home, he does it. I do bulk of the cooking because he has paid his dues I.e. put a ring on it grin grin.Oga op oya do quick and pay your dues.

1 Like

Re: I'm Fed Up!! by coogar: 8:40pm On Nov 28, 2013
Donxavier:

less than 3 weeks, bro.
the first week was fire but i came through it with the patience of a cheetah.
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by ladygogo: 8:43pm On Nov 28, 2013
damiso: Most Michelin starred chefs are actually male so all these cooking is better suited to women is just stereotype.Cooking like swimming is a life skill that can be learnt if you are willing or have an interest.My son must learn how to cook so he won't be totally dependent on takeaways, sainsburys ready meals and Tomi's kitchen when he leaves home grin.
[b]My husband can make some things better than i can,the dude can make ogi from scratch (all these ibadan raised people know how to make the most random stuff who has time for all that In Lagos grin grin).[/b]There are so many things like ogbonna grin grin grin I could not make when I got married but learnt via YouTube or from hubby so OP teach the woman you love HOW you like your meals.
And I can change a lightbulb, put on a generator, change a tyre, try to do plumbing etc.That said if hubby is home, he does it. I do bulk of the cooking because he has paid his dues I.e. put a ring on it grin grin.Oga op oya do quick and pay your dues.

1000 likes! kiss

Why are Ibadan raised people like that though? The most homely friends i have are from Ibadan. Those peeps can whip up some bad ass Amala.
Re: I'm Fed Up!! by Nobody: 8:45pm On Nov 28, 2013
coogar:

less than 3 weeks, bro.
the first week was fire but i came through it with the patience of a cheetah.

Rotfl! grin grin

E easy?!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Are My Friends In Nigeria Always Asking Me For Money? / Remove Excess Fat From Any Part If The Body / If You Are Using AC With Prepared Meter What Is The Billing Like?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.