Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,697 members, 7,805,863 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

Yar Adua And Wife Lnked To Oil Deals - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar Adua And Wife Lnked To Oil Deals (2865 Views)

Inside The Oil Deals That Cost Nigeria Billions; Between Diezani And Others / FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 / The Internet, Nigeria Newspaper, Oga Yar Adua And Sss Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yar Adua And Wife Lnked To Oil Deals by lucabrasi(m): 4:54pm On Jul 22, 2008
President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua of Nigeria and his wife, Mrs. Turai Yar’Adua have been fingered in the endemic illegal crude oil hoarding, speculation and smuggling in the largest Africa oil producing nation. The Nigerian first family is alleged to have made an illegal profit of more than $20 Million in the last one year chiefly as proceed from the legacy of his late prominent politician brother, the late General Shehu Musa Yar’Adua.

According to documents available to Pointblanknews.com, the proceeds came from two sources. One, the revived operations of late General Yar’Adua’s oil trading company, Intels, whose two Italian operators, Jan Angelo Perruchi and Gabriele Volpi, sought and received the approval of President Yar’Adua for the lifting of several barrels of crude oil, unofficially, from specific loading barges in Nigeria. Two, through extensive smuggling operations of a well-known Yar’Adua’s associate and bosom friend, Alhaji Dahiru Mangal.

This illegal trade was pioneered under President Abacha when Akhigbe, Victor Ombu and Ibrahim Ogohi perpetrated the smuggling of petroleum products from Port Harcourt and Warri to neighboring West African countries. Between the month of June and December 1996, Nigeria lost a total of 202,130 Metric Tonnes of petroleum products to smuggling with the connivance of Rear Admiral Mike Akhigbe, Victor Ombu and Ibrahim Ogohi. It hasn't stopped since then.
Critics of the new policy initiatives to seek British and American support to prosecute a wide ranging anti-bunkering and smuggling campaign in the Niger Delta area point to the moral hypocrisy of several Nigerian elected officials and military officers and Niger Delta Community leaders as being heavily involved in illegal oil sales. The Nigerian Government would want the multilateral onslaught to declare as “illegal and blood oil” the proceeds that often go into funding violence, kidnappings and arms struggles in Nigeria.

Mrs. Turai Yar’Adua
In available documents, Alhaji Mangal diverts several tanker loads of fuel for cross boarder illegal sales in Nigeria’s northern neighboring countries, especially Niger Republic.

Mangal had a very lucrative petroleum smuggling business during the days of General Sani Abacha. He became very close to Umaru Yar’Adua as the occupant of State House Kastina, their relationship as business co-travelers blossoms and intensified: And when Yar’Adua became president in 2007, Mangal became readily available for further business bidden.

Also, the re-energized operations of Intels is said to be mainly focused at international crude oil sales-an operation that is never officially invoiced by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, or any of its subsidiaries.

It is further alleged that Intels in co operation with other powerful business and political individuals in Nigeria, including some serving state Governors and former Governors controls about 15 oil vessels which constantly changes name in an attempt to beat coastal surveillance in the Nigerian water ways.

The reports further confirm that over $100 Million dollars is being lost every week to the illicit oil business.

advertisement

The first lady’s name features prominently as somebody who hustles very strongly after NNPC’s officials for under table deals on oil. The affected individuals at NNPC are said to constantly devising of avoiding actions that could be termed as giving commitments of connivance. The NNPC officials often prove elusive because on-going probe of the trading company’s operations.

The document further alleges that the Minister of Justice and Attorney General of the Federation, Mr. Michael Aondoakaa is fully aware of the various shady deals involving President Yar’Adua and his wife.

The activities of Intels in Nigeria used to be with the active participation of former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, but after the emergence of President Yar’Adua and Intels rejuvenation, its operations have been shrouded in secrecy and the former vice president is said to no longer know how the company now functions.

Although, few years ago, three vessels: MT Gloria, MT Tina and MT Sara which had about 4,000 metric tones of crude oil aboard were linked to him.

Intels, according the documents, manages the oil terminals and oil services zones in Port Harcourt, Calabar and Warri. The company has been in a relationship with a British Group, Afren, owned by Rilwan Lukman, a former OPEC Secretary and present Honorary Special Adviser on Petroleum Matters to President Yar’Adua through one of its subsidiary called Independent Energy which has one Murtala Yar’Adua as Executive.

However, family sources informed Pointblanknews.com that the emergence of Mrs. Turai Yar’Adua in the oil smuggling deal with Alhaji Mangal as arrow head was as a result of devolution of core responsibilities by late General Shehu Musa Yar’Adua’s widow, Mrs. Binta Yar’Adua who is considered not too strong to do the running around required for the daily rigors of an high powered executive.

Only recently, Mrs. Yar’Adua was linked to an undisclosed oil deal with a Nigerian-American Businessman based in Houston, Texas, Mr. Kase Lawal. She has always maintained a dignified denial.

Efforts to reach the Special Adviser, Communication to President Yar’Adua, Mr. Segun Adeniyi did not succeed as a source in his office alleged that he has blacklisted pointblanknews.com as being hostile to the administration.
www.pointblanknews.com

i dont know how credible pointblanknews is but just thought ill post this seeing as i was suprised yar a slow or yar a dull is neither dul or slow but hopping as well
Re: Yar Adua And Wife Lnked To Oil Deals by LASIEFAIRE(m): 4:58pm On Jul 22, 2008
strange things will never seize to happen. . . This will be terrible if its true.
Re: Yar Adua And Wife Lnked To Oil Deals by Pataki: 5:02pm On Jul 22, 2008
This Nigeria, anything goes, anything happens.

If this is really true of the president, he should shamefully resign. But will that happen? undecided
Re: Yar Adua And Wife Lnked To Oil Deals by LASIEFAIRE(m): 5:06pm On Jul 22, 2008
Pataki:

This Nigeria, anything goes, anything happens.

If this is really true of the president, he should shamefully resign. But will that happen? undecided

o ga fuen oh, Nah Shamefully resign we wan chop. . . we dey talk Prison time, you dey say may he take vacation. Egbon yi shorare oh. angry

tongue
Re: Yar Adua And Wife Lnked To Oil Deals by Pataki: 5:16pm On Jul 22, 2008
LASIEFAIRE:

o ga fuen oh, Nah Shamefully resign we wan chop. . . we dey talk Prison time, you dey say may he take vacation. Egbon yi shorare oh. angry

tongue
So you do not know that he cannot be prosecuted, while he is yet president? grin
Re: Yar Adua And Wife Lnked To Oil Deals by LASIEFAIRE(m): 5:47pm On Jul 22, 2008
Pataki:

So you do not know that he cannot be prosecuted, while he is yet president? grin

I know nah, Aba No be wetin paper dey sing during Atiku time - immunity.
But Shamefully resign, na for person wey forge document, this wan nah thief - first dey go impeach the guyman, thesame day them go hand am to EFCC, same day prosecute am, send am go kiri-kiri.
Re: Yar Adua And Wife Lnked To Oil Deals by Pataki: 5:55pm On Jul 22, 2008
LASIEFAIRE:

I know nah, Aba No be wetin paper dey sing during Atiku time - immunity.
But Shamefully resign, na for person wey forge document, this wan nah thief - first dey go impeach the guyman, thesame day them go hand am to EFCC, same day prosecute am, send am go kiri-kiri.
And all this can happen in the same Nigeria? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Yar Adua And Wife Lnked To Oil Deals by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 22, 2008
nawah. ooooo
Re: Yar Adua And Wife Lnked To Oil Deals by LASIEFAIRE(m): 5:58pm On Jul 22, 2008
Pataki:

And all this can happen in the same Nigeria? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Yes nah, where else?
Re: Yar Adua And Wife Lnked To Oil Deals by Ibime(m): 7:31pm On Jul 22, 2008
$20m is nothing. I am just glad it is not $5bn like Baba Iyabo. Do we realistically expect our leaders not to steal anything when they need money to protect themselves after they finish their term? Yar'Adua came in by electoral thuggery so do we expect bad fruit to produce good seed?
Re: Yar Adua And Wife Lnked To Oil Deals by debosky(m): 7:44pm On Jul 22, 2008
The article is based on conjecture and stretching the truth at best.

Intels is a well known oil and gas company, which was rumoured under the last administration to be owned by Atiku Abubakar, now is owned by Yar'adua? I don't buy it.

The second linkage is even more tenuous - how can the so called link between a 'friend' and the President be spun into meaning he is profiting from the man's deals (if they even exist)

The worst of all is the third claim on Turai - she 'hustles' after shady oil deals?? Is this the best they could come up with?

Everyone knows/suspects that there are deals involving those high up, but there is little or no veracity to these stories. phantom vessels and supposed 'taking over the reigns' from Shehu's widow cannot stand up to any serious scrutiny.
Re: Yar Adua And Wife Lnked To Oil Deals by bluehorizo(m): 7:56pm On Jul 22, 2008
They are all bunch of thieves, No honor among thieves. Shame!
Re: Yar Adua And Wife Lnked To Oil Deals by lucabrasi(m): 8:00pm On Jul 22, 2008
debosky:

The article is based on conjecture and stretching the truth at best.

Intels is a well known oil and gas company, which was rumoured under the last administration to be owned by Atiku Abubakar, now is owned by Yar'adua? I don't buy it.

The second linkage is even more tenuous - how can the so called link between a 'friend' and the President be spun into meaning he is profiting from the man's deals (if they even exist)

The worst of all is the third claim on Turai - she 'hustles' after shady oil deals?? Is this the best they could come up with?

Everyone knows/suspects that there are deals involving those high up, but there is little or no veracity to these stories. phantom vessels and supposed 'taking over the reigns' from Shehu's widow cannot stand up to any serious scrutiny.
atiku is not the only owner of intels,so yar adua might very well be a part owner,its a massive conglomerate with branches all round the world
the rest i really dont know how far its true but i cant put anything past these people,yar adua that was shouting rule of law,and anti corruption bla bla, while the likes of them usman,dagash and co were choping from the fertilizer and cement import waiver to the tune of about 85billion or therebouts
Re: Yar Adua And Wife Lnked To Oil Deals by deor03(m): 8:42pm On Jul 22, 2008
This story reminds me of TELL's sensational stories of DIYA's coup innocence, despite the coup video released by Abacha showing Diya postrating. grin

This story looks more like a figment of someone's imagination.

It has a lot of disconnects , linking the deal to Italians, Americans and then British.

Abeg jo
Re: Yar Adua And Wife Lnked To Oil Deals by Kobojunkie: 9:42pm On Jul 22, 2008
How true is this story?? Any Facts or just allegations and how much more of this? When do we get the actual factual?
Re: Yar Adua And Wife Lnked To Oil Deals by lucabrasi(m): 10:09pm On Jul 22, 2008
abeg o ,pls dont shoot the messenger o,i already added the source where i got it from, besides theres no smoke without fire and corruption is not a new thing in nigeria
deor03:

This story reminds me of TELL's sensational stories of DIYA's coup innocence, despite the coup video released by Abacha showing Diya postrating. grin

This story looks more like a figment of someone's imagination.

It has a lot of disconnects , linking the deal to Italians, Americans and then British.

Abeg jo
are you saying tell denied there was a coup ?or that the fact that italians,americans and then british cannot get involved in shady deals?
Re: Yar Adua And Wife Lnked To Oil Deals by McKren(m): 10:18pm On Jul 22, 2008
Debosky

I dont know for sure, but knowing that Atiku Abubakar is a self proclaimed loyalist of Shehu Yar'adua it should not be suprising if ownership of intel is confused between Atiku and the Yar'aduas.

That they both have interests in this company may not be so far from the truth.
Re: Yar Adua And Wife Lnked To Oil Deals by Tonim(f): 11:09pm On Jul 22, 2008
Ibime:

$20m is nothing. I am just glad it is not $5bn like Baba Iyabo. Do we realistically expect our leaders not to steal anything when they need money to protect themselves after they finish their term? Yar'Adua came in by electoral thuggery so do we expect bad fruit to produce good seed?

What is this one talking about ? What $5bn are you associating with Baba Iyabo ?
Re: Yar Adua And Wife Lnked To Oil Deals by Ibime(m): 1:34am On Jul 23, 2008
Well I read somewhere that Baba Iyabo is now worth N500bn. Others say he is worth N200bn. Same difference.
Re: Yar Adua And Wife Lnked To Oil Deals by presido1: 6:42am On Jul 23, 2008
When we will we stop complaining for Christ sake.
Its no news again even if its a councillor that stole £12trillion.
We all know its the order of the day so lets leave with it until the day Nigeria is no more.
Re: Yar Adua And Wife Lnked To Oil Deals by SkyBlue1: 8:06am On Jul 23, 2008
@presido1 at it again preaching seperation and secessionism? LOL, has that become some kind of passion of yours or something  smiley ? Its very understandable that people are frustrated about the Nigerian situation but you speak as if you have some authority on all Nigerians. According to you it seems your answers to everything is seperation or secession without actually given thought to the fact that not everybody wants that and a lot of people might also see it as being unpractical. So please, speak for yourself when you go on these your rampages.
Re: Yar Adua And Wife Lnked To Oil Deals by idupaul: 8:55am On Jul 23, 2008
who is th messiah oooooooooo.amtired of waiting
Re: Yar Adua And Wife Lnked To Oil Deals by presido1: 10:04am On Jul 23, 2008
Sky Blue:

@presido1 at it again preaching seperation and secessionism? LOL, has that become some kind of passion of yours or something smiley ? Its very understandable that people are frustrated about the Nigerian situation but you speak as if you have some authority on all Nigerians. According to you it seems your answers to everything is seperation or secession without actually given thought to the fact that not everybody wants that and a lot of people might also see it as being unpractical. So please, speak for yourself when you go on these your rampages.
The earlier you understand that Nigerian as it is now can never function as a united country the better for you.You will complain from now till time immemorial about corruption and bad politics/politicians, yet nuffin will come out of your complain. Have you ever asked yourself why is this corruption in Nigeria, if you have not just do it now and try to figure out the answer. To me the answer is hatred, we don't like each other is that simple.
Yesterday was OBJ, today is Yaradua and wife who knows who will be on the news tomorrow and cycle continues with no end. If yaradua is going out he will select his shadow to be your president yet again you will start complaining as if you don't know already that,that is the trend in Nigeria. If Benin Republic can function as a nation to the extent of electing an independent candidate as their president i don't know why Nigeria can't(Hatred). Fragment it and you will have a functioning nations.

Can u give me reason why you will not like to see Odua Nation if you are Yoruba or Arewa nation if you are Hausa. Do you entertain the fear that you cannot stand on your own hence you chose to manage Nigeria as it is.

Then give your reasons why you like Nigeria as it is, unless you benefit(Financially) from the sorrow of the citizens of Nigeria otherwise you don't have answer.
Re: Yar Adua And Wife Lnked To Oil Deals by DisGuy: 10:06am On Jul 23, 2008
According to documents available to Pointblanknews.com,

and in the interest of the nation, will they be forwarding these documents to the officials or
At least to Nigerians so they can see it for themselves as other journalists do around the world?

all these small opeke journalists that want to make a name for themselves sha
Re: Yar Adua And Wife Lnked To Oil Deals by SkyBlue1: 10:21am On Jul 23, 2008
LOL, @presido1 i find it amusing the ammount of assumptions you would like to make about me because my stand is not in line with yours. America and a lot of countries are facing economical problems so i guess those should break up too, London and the UK are suffering from high rates of knife crime so i guess they should also break up. The reasons you give are not reasons to me. Everyethinic group in Nigeria hates each other? Why are you so quick to want to speak for everyone in order to justify your stance? Please speak for yourself, i don't hate anybody and i am sure a lot of people don't share this hate you have either. Since i have indulged you with regards to your reasoning why not listen to this line: Nigeria is the way it is today because instead of seeing a common enemy like corruption, bad governance, etc, tribal sentiments are immediately attatched. With the way you are speaking you would think Obasanjo did something great for yoruba people when he was in power given he is yoruba, is this the case? If there was robbery was it to everyone else except yorubas or to the whole nation? Sorry but i do not share your reasoning and i find it amusing that you are so quick to label it as being born out of fear because it is not thesame as yours.

Nigeria was thrown together during the colonial era blah blah blah, we all know the story and have the T-Shirts, but to continue to excuse cowardice and  the lack of integrity to stand for what is right; the lack of conscience and courage to see a wrong and oppose it; the inhumane selfishness and greed to see beyond ones gate when doing things like inflating contracts; the lack of common sense to unite against a commmon foe (that i am convinced would still exist in whatever country is born from Nigeria); to see these things and continue to excuse them with the past as a convenient way to justify seperation? when we fail to act in the present? that i see as rascality. We are were we are.
Re: Yar Adua And Wife Lnked To Oil Deals by presido1: 11:21am On Jul 23, 2008
Sky Blue:

LOL, @presido1 i find it amusing the ammount of assumptions you would like to make about me because my stand is not in line with yours. America and a lot of countries are facing economical problems so i guess those should break up too, London and the UK are suffering from high rates of knife crime so i guess they should also break up. The reasons you give are not reasons to me. Everyethinic group in Nigeria hates each other? Why are you so quick to want to speak for everyone in order to justify your stance? Please speak for yourself, i don't hate anybody and i am sure a lot of people don't share this hate you have either. Since i have indulged you with regards to your reasoning why not listen to this line: Nigeria is the way it is today because instead of seeing a common enemy like corruption, bad governance, etc, tribal sentiments are immediately attatched. With the way you are speaking you would think Obasanjo did something great for yoruba people when he was in power given he is yoruba, is this the case? If there was robbery was it to everyone else except yorubas or to the whole nation? Sorry but i do not share your reasoning and i find it amusing that you are so quick to label it as being born out of fear because it is not thesame as yours.

Nigeria was thrown together during the colonial era blah blah blah, we all know the story and have the T-Shirts, but to continue to excuse cowardice and the lack of integrity to stand for what is right; the lack of conscience and courage to see a wrong and oppose it; the inhumane selfishness and greed to see beyond ones gate when doing things like inflating contracts; the lack of common sense to unite against a commmon foe (that i am convinced would still exist in whatever country is born from Nigeria); to see these things and continue to excuse them with the past as a convenient way to justify seperation? when we fail to act in the present? that i see as rascality. We are were we are.
Check the highlighted part and think again, what concerns what what is happening in Nigeria today and the past with knife killings. Your argument is flawed in every ramification dude.
I asked you two questions which you skipped, please answer them if you need more explanation from me. From North to South to East and West we all know that their is no unity forget about speak for yourself or whatever. Its only a fool will pretend that such is non existence in Nigeria. Even here in NL you can see it from our various contributions to the forum. Quit pretending dude and stop complaining of this and that when you know the right thing for everybody. FYI Scotland is clamouring for their own nation and what is fuelling it? the same thing that is fuelling such intention in Nigeria.(Hatred and Resource Control).
Re: Yar Adua And Wife Lnked To Oil Deals by SkyBlue1: 11:32am On Jul 23, 2008
@presido1 with regards to the text you highlighted, i wrote such in jest because i find the fact that you are so quick to blame every problem that is in Nigeria to the fact that Nigeria is together, pardon me and grant me the right to hold this view, but i think it is just plain silly and hence the jest. Sorry if you think i did not answer your question because i actually believe i did in the post unless you have not read it through and understood it which i believe to be the case.
presido1:

The earlier you understand that Nigerian as it is now can never function as a united country the better for you.You will complain from now till time immemorial about corruption and bad politics/politicians, yet nuffin will come out of your complain. Have you ever asked yourself why is this corruption in Nigeria, if you have not just do it now and try to figure out the answer. To me the answer is hatred, we don't like each other is that simple.
Yesterday was OBJ, today is Yaradua and wife who knows who will be on the news tomorrow and cycle continues with no end. If yaradua is going out he will select his shadow to be your president yet again you will start complaining as if you don't know already that,that is the trend in Nigeria. If Benin Republic can function as a nation to the extent of electing an independent candidate as their president i don't know why Nigeria can't(Hatred). Fragment it and you will have a functioning nations.

Can u give me reason why you will not like to see Odua Nation if you are Yoruba or Arewa nation if you are Hausa. Do you entertain the fear that you cannot stand on your own hence you chose to manage Nigeria as it is.

Then give your reasons why you like Nigeria as it is, unless you benefit(Financially) from the sorrow of the citizens of Nigeria otherwise you don't have answer.

Are those your questions?I believe i already answered the second one although again in jest because i just find this whole thing amusing. Some people genuinely believe that Nigeria should be seperated and those have come up with more genuine and better reasons than the ones you keep giving and such reasons i have perceived due to actual passion etc, but to want to seperate because of the mess the country is in now and hence saying the country is in a mess is because it is together is something i see as immature and an inability to actually accept resonsibility. Why are you making me repeat myself? LOL. Your reasons are just plain trivial. Also i am stunned at the arrogance you seem to hold whereby you disregard everyone else and speak as if Nigeria is made up of only Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba. If i am not mistaken Nigeria has close to if not over 100 different ethnic groups. Take only igbo for example, it is made up of groups with different dialects, so when such a county is made is it going to be further seperated based on those lines? And i think you are being mischevious when you compare the Scotland and England situation to Nigeria, you think such is about resource control? Where did you get that idea from?

I hope i have not insulted you in anyway but i hope you are able to allow me to hold my own views which is simply that your continued blaming of everything on Nigeria being together instead of taking responsibility and the continued reasons you give while seeming to ignore everyone else and speaking as if everyone wants seperation is just irresponsible.
Re: Yar Adua And Wife Lnked To Oil Deals by IHWABA: 11:33am On Jul 23, 2008
Only God knows the fate that awaits Nigeria. What more can we say? may God deliver us!
If this is tue then we are still far from coming out of the wilderness.
Re: Yar Adua And Wife Lnked To Oil Deals by lucabrasi(m): 11:37am On Jul 23, 2008
idupaul:

who is th messiah oooooooooo.amtired of waiting
we are the messiah,nobody is going to do it for us if we dont make a move ourselves and thats the long and short of it,but in most nigerian's defence i think its prolly because most of us dont pay tax and the money these people are stealing is coming from oil,imagine if we were paying tax like maybe uk or canada and someone is siphoning the tax,men government officials will have been hung by now
Re: Yar Adua And Wife Lnked To Oil Deals by presido1: 12:21pm On Jul 23, 2008
Sky Blue:

@presido1 with regards to the text you highlighted, i wrote such in jest because i find the fact that you are so quick to blame every problem that is in Nigeria to the fact that Nigeria is together, pardon me and grant me the right to hold this view, but i think it is just plain silly and hence the jest. Sorry if you think i did not answer your question because i actually believe i did in the post unless you have not read it through and understood it which i believe to be the case.
Are those your questions?I believe i already answered the second one although again in jest because i just find this whole thing amusing. Some people genuinely believe that Nigeria should be seperated and those have come up with more genuine and better reasons than the ones you keep giving and such reasons i have perceived due to actual passion etc, but to want to seperate because of the mess the country is in now and hence saying the country is in a mess is because it is together is something i see as immature and an inability to actually accept resonsibility. Why are you making me repeat myself? LOL. Your reasons are just plain trivial. Also i am stunned at the arrogance you seem to hold whereby you disregard everyone else and speak as if Nigeria is made up of only Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba. If i am not mistaken Nigeria has close to if not over 100 different ethnic groups. Take only igbo for example, it is made up of groups with different dialects, so when such a county is made is it going to be further seperated based on those lines? And i think you are being mischevious when you compare the Scotland and England situation to Nigeria, you think such is about resource control? Where did you get that idea from?

I hope i have not insulted you in anyway but i hope you are able to allow me to hold my own views which is simply that your continued blaming of everything on Nigeria being together instead of taking responsibility and the continued reasons you give while seeming to ignore everyone else and speaking as if everyone wants seperation is just irresponsible.
And your point from the above is what?

Igbos are made with diff dialects so are the yorubas, English, German and french. Thats a lame excuse to keep nigeria togather. Obviously i don't know your tribe and it matters not. Still you have not answered my question, highlight it if you have as i did not even understand your argument from your last post.

If you follow the rivalry between the Scots and the the English you will know that the hatred between them is the issue of resource control, Which is the same thing that is fuelling the uprising in Nigeria of today. Make a trip to scotland and sample their opinion if you disagree on what i just written.
Re: Yar Adua And Wife Lnked To Oil Deals by SkyBlue1: 2:33pm On Jul 23, 2008
@presido1, it seems you need me to break it down for you so i will. First of all you say the thing between england and scotland is about resource control, please explain how or provide proof of this as opposed to posting what ight be (if i am not mistaken) your speculation?

Igbos and other ethnic groups have different dialects, is this going to be a reason for further seperation down the line when we have made this hundred and something countries from Nigeria as you seem to suggest? So differences according to you is reason for seperation? Then what is going to stop different dialects from becoming a reason for seperation of the already seperated countries?

You asked if i entertain any fears of the not being able to stand alone or whatever that was meant to mean, my response to this is no, it is not an issue of fear but of practicality.

You say i should give you a reason why i would not want to see an Odua, Arewa and whatever other nation, and you are completly missing the point and to be honest irrelevant. It is irrelevant if i would or wouldn't like to see an Odua or Arewa or whatever nation because when you speak you speak as if everyone wants to see such. So why wouldn't you like to see a working Nigerian nation? Why do you want to be so quick to assume that once there is seperation everything will automatically be ok? So corruption will stop? all that will just disappear when the actual people (eg governors of states) presently perpetrate these crimes on people from their own state and hence their own people? So if a referendum is held and we actually find out that the majority of Nigerians even those from your area that you seem to be so quick to speak for want to keep Nigeria are you then going to throw a tantrum?

So since we have dealt with the fact that a seperated Nigeria won't automatically solve bad governance, etc, the question then remains, what is left based on your arguements is that the seperation should occur because of mutual hatred between ethnic groups. These exist, of course they do and everyone knows that. However i keep telling you to speak for yourself because you make it sound as if it is the whole Nigeria that habours this hate you speak of. If you habour such hate, that is your problem, i and a lot if not the majority of people i know don't.

The problem i find with all your arguements is that they are based on this perceived hatred which is not so for everyone. If Nigeria actually worked, do you think as much people would want to seperate as do right now? So is it actually a hate for Nigeria or hate for the fact that things are not working? So instead of trying to fix things that will probably carry unto these new nations you propose should we just fixate on the retrogressive? I have heard seperation suggestions based on more credible and moving arguements, sorry again for what might be perceived as insult but yours i find to be flimsy excuses and i have elaborated in my previous posts. At the end of the day if Nigeria seperates i will not die, my world would not collapse and heaven won't fall down, i will just find it a shame that such potential for a great nation was squandered, so don't try and speak for me and suggest i have fears or whatever, that i find quite condescending. Any thing else you want me to elaborate?
Re: Yar Adua And Wife Lnked To Oil Deals by presido1: 4:17pm On Jul 23, 2008
Sky Blue:

@presido1, it seems you need me to break it down for you so i will. First of all you say the thing between england and scotland is about resource control, please explain how or provide proof of this as opposed to posting what ight be (if i am not mistaken) your speculation?

Igbos and other ethnic groups have different dialects, is this going to be a reason for further seperation down the line when we have made this hundred and something countries from Nigeria as you seem to suggest? So differences according to you is reason for seperation? Then what is going to stop different dialects from becoming a reason for seperation of the already seperated countries?

You asked if i entertain any fears of the not being able to stand alone or whatever that was meant to mean, my response to this is no, it is not an issue of fear but of practicality.

You say i should give you a reason why i would not want to see an Odua, Arewa and whatever other nation, and you are completly missing the point and to be honest irrelevant. It is irrelevant if i would or wouldn't like to see an Odua or Arewa or whatever nation because when you speak you speak as if everyone wants to see such. So why wouldn't you like to see a working Nigerian nation? Why do you want to be so quick to assume that once there is seperation everything will automatically be ok? So corruption will stop? all that will just disappear when the actual people (eg governors of states) presently perpetrate these crimes on people from their own state and hence their own people? So if a referendum is held and we actually find out that the majority of Nigerians even those from your area that you seem to be so quick to speak for want to keep Nigeria are you then going to throw a tantrum?

So since we have dealt with the fact that a seperated Nigeria won't automatically solve bad governance, etc, the question then remains, what is left based on your arguements is that the seperation should occur because of mutual hatred between ethnic groups. These exist, of course they do and everyone knows that. However i keep telling you to speak for yourself because you make it sound as if it is the whole Nigeria that habours this hate you speak of. If you habour such hate, that is your problem, i and a lot if not the majority of people i know don't.

The problem i find with all your arguements is that they are based on this perceived hatred which is not so for everyone. If Nigeria actually worked, do you think as much people would want to seperate as do right now?
It will never work.

How can i speak for myself when you have accepted that hatred exist among the ethnic groups in nigeria. As far as that hatred is there, we can't achieve anything collectively.

What are you about dialect, it exist in almost every country Northern Germany speaks diff from the southern part are they not leaving in one germany.

That practicality you mentioned is what lacks in present Nigeria, we only read about everything in Newspapers but we never see come to pass.

Dude Nigeria is not working, Igbos want to go but peacefully this time. Their is even a thread in this forum where the northerners wrote that they are started the process of breaking out from Nigeria. Search you will see it.

Stop deceiving yourself bro.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oil Discovered In Far Northern Cameroun (near Lake Chad) / 8,000 Security Personnel Mobilised In Sokoto For Saturday’s Guber Elections / Police Men Are Still Collecting Money At Check Points.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.