Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,776 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:47 PM

Reliable And Unreliable Bibles - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reliable And Unreliable Bibles (864 Views)

The Truth About Ruth The 'moabite'..grab Your Bibles / Was Ship Load Of BIBLES Really Sunk By Abiola? / Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reliable And Unreliable Bibles by Demainman1: 4:59pm On Nov 27, 2013
frosbel:

My goodness, Pastor Goshen you have started using the message bible , lol grin

What happened to KJV , NKJV , NASB etc.

I do not rely on the bibles you quoted from.

Let us stick with more reliable bibles like the NIV, NLT , NASB, NKJV etc.

We try first one of the best phrase for phrase bibles out there, the NLT and then follow up with the NKJV.

I saw these comment on one of the threads here that got me wondering. Reliable and Unreliable bibles.

What make a bible reliable and other unreliable?

Does the unreliable bibles contain lies?

How do we know which is which since we don't have the first original bible to compare?

How do we even know that the whole of the bible sef is not one big lie also since we don't have the first original copy?

I am just curious thats all.
Re: Reliable And Unreliable Bibles by Candour(m): 9:59pm On Nov 27, 2013
I use KJV mainly plus other translations like NIV and Amplified when doing personal study but when discussing with people, I stick to KJV for consistency purposes.

The version of bible used is not as important as having a honest disposition when studying or discussing scriptures in my opinion. If integrity is exercised, I don't think any of the popular translations detract from the overall message of the bible, particularly the message of the cross. Love for God which manifests in love for fellow humans will always shine through.

The problem to be addressed is that of motive I think.

1 Like

Re: Reliable And Unreliable Bibles by Yooguyz: 10:51pm On Nov 27, 2013
Any other translation is manageable. KJV is the best it's lightly biased and the most used.

NWT is a no no.
Re: Reliable And Unreliable Bibles by Demainman1: 11:04pm On Nov 27, 2013
Does the unreliable ones contain lies or twisted truth? If yes, why would a christian twist the word and yet package it as the bible?
Re: Reliable And Unreliable Bibles by lanrexlan(m): 11:33pm On Nov 27, 2013
Demain_man: Does the unreliable ones contain lies or twisted truth? If yes, why would a christian twist the word and yet package it as the bible?
Exactly,those 'unreliable bible' contains twisted facts.
1 Samuel 6:19 (KJV) -And he smote the men of Bethshemesh,because they had looked into the ark of the LORD,even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and ten men:and the people lamented,because the LORD had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter.But turning to the new Easy To Read version of the bible,this same verse of 1 samuel 6:19 has been twisted.It reads
1 Samuel 6:19(ERV) -But no priests were there to lead the celebration,when the men of Beth Shemesh saw the LORD’s Holy Box.So the LORD killed 70 men from Beth Shemesh.The people of Beth Shemesh cried loudly because of this hard punishment.What's the correlation? They are many types of these twisted facts and lies in the so called New versions of the bible.
Re: Reliable And Unreliable Bibles by Demainman1: 5:22pm On Nov 28, 2013
lanrexlan: Exactly,those 'unreliable bible' contains twisted facts.
1 Samuel 6:19 (KJV) -And he smote the men of Bethshemesh,because they had looked into the ark of the LORD,even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and ten men:and the people lamented,because the LORD had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter.But turning to the new Easy To Read version of the bible,this same verse of 1 samuel 6:19 has been twisted.It reads
1 Samuel 6:19(ERV) -But no priests were there to lead the celebration,when the men of Beth Shemesh saw the LORD’s Holy Box.So the LORD killed 70 men from Beth Shemesh.The people of Beth Shemesh cried loudly because of this hard punishment.What's the correlation? They are many types of these twisted facts and lies in the so called New versions of the bible.

Thank you very much. Waoh, Why do christians then claim all sorts using a book that have been twisted and re-twisted into all sorts of?
Re: Reliable And Unreliable Bibles by PastorOluT(m): 7:53pm On Nov 28, 2013
Demain_man:

Thank you very much. Waoh, Why do christians then claim all sorts using a book that have been twisted and re-twisted into all sorts of?

lol, I laugh at u two, u started this thread just to conclude with this!

(1) (Reply)

Chris Okotie Responds To Criticism::::::::::::::::::::::: / Few Reasons Why Some Christians Don't Celebrate Christmas! / GOD Of Heavens Word To Atheists, Muslims And Unbelievers Etc (1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.