Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK (30542 Views)

Pastor Catches Wife In Hotel With Choirmaster / Sex Secrets Of Nigerian Wife In The US Uploaded To Youtube / Nigerian Husband Crushed By Lorry After Storming Out Of Car After Row With Wife! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Nobody: 7:41pm On Nov 29, 2013
chaircover: Why did she stop the car?

Her reason:

Sky-walker:
The argument became very aggressive and his voice changed,' she said.
Mrs Olokun-Ola, who earlier told how things were tense at home due to financial problems, explained she no longer felt comfortable driving and pulled over to what she thought was the hardshoulder.

Which is a very plausible and a darn good reason for stopping the car in this situation. The only reason we are here questioning it is because of the demand for the bank card.
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by coogar: 7:41pm On Nov 29, 2013
ileobatojo:
No. It is NOT the same thing.

you said if he had remained in the car, what happened could have been avoided. in a worst case scenario, he would have survived like his wife.

then you went on to say both should have been responsible which means you are tacitly passing the blame to the deceased when he had no control at any point throughout.

his wife parked cos she wanted him out - remember she sat down there while the hubby was getting his suitcase from the trunk & watched as her husband walked away.
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Nobody: 7:44pm On Nov 29, 2013
soul_glo:

That's not true. For what? She would be charged with murder or man slaughter for parking illegally? She absolutely would not. If a man stopped the car and the woman angrily storms out for fear of missing her flight it would still be just be a series of unfortunate events. If a man/woman runs out of the car for fear of life then totally different thing.

The woman might have planned the whole thing in other to get the card. She could have planned to drive him to the airport knowing fully well that half way there she can stop and then he would have no choice but to give her the card or miss his flight. Unfortunately he was not having it and decided that he would get to the airport one way or the other but he must go with the card. These people had a fight probably no more than most heated fights. The man was upset. I get that. Especially with international travel. You just want to get it over with and be on the plane before you feel relaxed. Bringing up the card was just too much and then when she stopped the car he just thought of the next best thing. Unfortunately it ended tragically.

Looks like you are arguing for and against.lol
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Nobody: 7:48pm On Nov 29, 2013
coogar:

you said if he had remained in the car, what happened could have been avoided. in a worst case scenario, he would have survived like his wife.

No. That's not quite what happened. What I said was in response to babyosisi's claim that he was mute the entire time while the wife was shouting. I said if that was so, he should have seen the warning signs and he would have known it was an active lane and therefore would not have put his life in danger by getting out of the car. In other words, I don't believe he was mute the entire time.

What I actually said was that he should not have contributed to distracting her so much while she was driving knowing that she was in control of a moving vehicle of which he was a passenger. Since, her being distracted would also put him in danger. I never said he was the ONLY one that contributed to distracting her. I said he had a role to play in that.
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Nobody: 7:48pm On Nov 29, 2013
So, she waited long enough for him to get his luggage from the trunk? And then drove for a bit and stopped and, wait for it, was pissed off hubby didn't come to check up on her to see if SHE was ok. What a me-me-me woman. Selfish to the marrow.
Well, she now has the bank card. I guess the end justify the means.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by soulglo: 7:50pm On Nov 29, 2013
babyosisi:

Looks like you are arguing for and against.lol

No I am not. I am just not going to lay the blame squarely at anyone's feet because that would be just wrong. Things leading to him making that choice to get out and hitch a ride will always be her version because he is dead but it does not mean that she killed him. This could happen to anybody

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by coogar: 7:57pm On Nov 29, 2013
ileobatojo:
No. That's not quite what happened. What I said was in response to babyosisi's claim that he was mute the entire time while the wife was shouting. I said if that was so, he should have seen the warning signs and he would have known it was an active lane and therefore would not have put his life in danger by getting out of the car. In other words, I don't believe he was mute the entire time.

he couldn't have been mute throughout the entire journey but i believe the woman initiated the argument. the woman must have asked him for the debit card which i also believe was in the possession of the man at the time.

What I actually said was that he should not have contributed to distracting her so much while she was driving knowing that she was in control of a moving vehicle of which he was a passenger. Since, her being distracted would also put him in danger. I never said he was the ONLY one that contributed to distracting her. I said he had a role to play in that.

who do you think would have started this argument out of the two? the man was with the card, the woman didn't want him to be with the card. if anything, the woman created the distraction.

when the man had enough, he stormed off as his holy book must have told him. proverb 21:19 said It is better to live in a desert land than with a quarrelsome and fretful woman.
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Nobody: 8:01pm On Nov 29, 2013
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Nobody: 8:04pm On Nov 29, 2013
coogar:
who do you think would have started this argument out of the two? the man was with the card, the woman didn't want him to be with the card. if anything, the woman created the distraction.

It doesn't matter who started the argument. Both were responsible for keeping it going. The shortest arguments you will ever see me have are the ones that happen when I'm in a moving car. I immediately truncate the argument by telling the driver to concentrate on the road or if I'm the driver by telling the passenger to shut up cos I need to concentrate on the road. If this does not lead to the proper response, my next step to ensure my safety will be to pull over until everyone calms the heck down before proceeding. I personally would not play with my life like that and I hope that you all are not telling me that you would jeopardize your own lives like that by carrying on a heated argument while in a moving vehicle.
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by soulglo: 8:08pm On Nov 29, 2013
chaircover: I dont know why she even bothered arguing with him. All she had to do was to clear out the account in his absence or call the card company to say that the card was lost and the card will be cancelled. I am assuming that its a joint account, so the bank will deal with her requests.

I thought about this then remembered that there are some joint accounts were you cannot move money electronically without both or all consenting. That is why he might have wanted the card at all cost. So if she would not give consent to take out the cash at the bank the only way he would be able to move money from that account without her consent would be by swiping a card that they both legally agreed he could have access to
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by coogar: 8:10pm On Nov 29, 2013
ileobatojo:

It doesn't matter who started the argument. Both were responsible for keeping it going. The shortest arguments you will ever see me have are the ones that happen when I'm in a moving car. I immediately truncate the argument by telling the driver to concentrate on the road or if I'm the driver by telling the passenger to shut up cos I need to concentrate on the road. If this does not lead to the proper response, my next step to ensure my safety will be to pull over until everyone calms the heck down before proceeding. I personally would not play with my life like that and I hope that you all are not telling me that you would jeopardize your own lives like that by carrying on a heated argument while in a moving vehicle.

he didn't carry on though - he got off the car. he was either asked to leave or he got off himself having had enough rants from his wife. if he was interested in arguments, he would remain in the car & continue exchanging words with her.

chaircover: I dont know why she even bothered arguing with him. All she had to do was to clear out the account in his absence or call the card company to say that the card was lost and the card will be cancelled. I am assuming that its a joint account, so the bank will deal with her requests.

This tragedy is really painful because it could have been avoided

she couldn't have done that cos the card belonged to the deceased. it wasn't a joint account cos then each of them should have their own separate cards - this is why they twisted the story & claimed it's a family card.

what the heck is a family card?
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 29, 2013
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by mazizitonene(m): 8:17pm On Nov 29, 2013
coogar:

is she not a widow? grin

lol.
Which kain useless widow be dat...she indirectly killed her husband

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 29, 2013
coogar:
he didn't carry on though - he got off the car.

After carrying on a heated argument.
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by freecocoa(f): 8:22pm On Nov 29, 2013
coogar:

cocoa?
Do the needful na please.
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by coogar: 8:26pm On Nov 29, 2013
ileobatojo:
After carrying on a heated argument.

the woman's statement....the only other witness is now deceased. how do we know for sure she's speaking the truth? who else was there to corroborate her story?

would you drop anyone off a busy motorway as dangerous as this one?

freecocoa: Do the needful na please.

what's the needful? grin
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 29, 2013
coogar:

the woman's statement....the only other witness is now deceased. how do we know for sure she's speaking the truth? who else was there to corroborate her story?

Oh, only cctv which is present in every nook and cranny of London.

Your pointless question has been ignored.
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by coogar: 8:31pm On Nov 29, 2013
ileobatojo:
Oh, only cctv which is present in every nook and cranny of London.

Your pointless question has been ignored.

but CCTV won't prove if the argument was heated or not. it wouldn't prove who initiated it & who was being harassed about his own bank card.
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by freecocoa(f): 8:34pm On Nov 29, 2013
coogar:

what's the needful? grin

You know joor.
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 29, 2013
coogar:

but CCTV won't prove if the argument was heated or not. it wouldn't prove who initiated it & who was being harassed about his own bank card.

Oh really? So if you are observing people from afar having a heated argument, you wouldn't be able to tell?

As to who initiated it, it doesn't make any difference in any way, shape or form. As to who was being harassed, the woman has already said she was harassing him for his bank card. Why do you need cctv to prove that?
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by coogar: 8:44pm On Nov 29, 2013
ileobatojo:
Oh really? So if you are observing people from afar having a heated argument, you wouldn't be able to tell?

you seem to think the CCTV follows the journey of each car, it doesn't. it would only show 2-4 secs as the car speeds past the cameras.........till another 1-2km when another camera picks their car. it will not see much.

As to who initiated it, it doesn't make any difference in any way, shape or form. As to who was being harassed, the woman has already said she was harassing him for his bank card. Why do you need cctv to prove that?

so if she was the aggressor & the one that got herself distracted, how did the man contribute to the distraction? besides, if the woman didn't stop the car engine, the truck would have seen her rear lights at 4am & the accident would have been avoided.

she sat in the car, killed off her engine & was lounging while parked in a spot she shouldn't have been in the first place. it's entirely her fault as a driver to have missed road signs. one could self-distract herself without needing a company.
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Nobody: 8:57pm On Nov 29, 2013
coogar:

you seem to think the CCTV follows the journey of each car, it doesn't. it would only show 2-4 secs as the car speeds past the cameras.........till another 1-2km when another camera picks their car. it will not see much.

I bet it will see enough.

coogar: so if she was the aggressor & the one that got herself distracted, how did the man contribute to the distraction? besides, if the woman didn't stop the car engine, the truck would have seen her rear lights at 4am & the accident would have been avoided.

she sat in the car, killed off her engine & was lounging while parked in a spot she shouldn't have been in the first place. it's entirely her fault as a driver to have missed road signs. one could self-distract herself without needing a company.

You're going round and round in circles now. My point, I believe is clear.

Please, if your wife ever initiates an argument while driving you, feel free to carry on a heated argument since she is the one that started it, okay? If you perish in the process, at least you can console yourself in heaven that it was all her fault.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by coogar: 9:04pm On Nov 29, 2013
ileobatojo:
I bet it will see enough.

it won't....

You're going round and round in circles now. My point, I believe is clear.

Please, if your wife ever initiates an argument while driving you, feel free to carry on a heated argument since she is the one that started it, okay? If you perish in the process, at least you can console yourself in heaven that it was all her fault.

Good luck.

argument while driving me? 3 quick slaps as we wait for the traffic lights would knock her back to her senses. who dare argues with a komodo dragon like myself?

na yam?
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Durchmann(m): 11:40pm On Nov 29, 2013
I'm so loving this movie... *munches on pop-corns with chilled soda*

cheesy
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by armyofone(m): 12:19am On Nov 30, 2013
Taking CC you cant use in nigeria with you kinda funny to me. Im sure she got little ones and knew oga leaving the card will help them somehow. Men should stop trying to win argument with their women, i mean just give it to her. Something like babes, mind how you spend or dont empty the card and give it to her just for peace sake. No it is my way mentality as usual.
For peace sake hug and make up and continue your journey. Peace at home and peace in nigeria.
Well uwa di egwu, RIP man.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Nobody: 12:26am On Nov 30, 2013
Thank God we don't do joint accounts
One less thing to argue about grin praise God
He has his credit and debit cards, I have mine
Ladies please get your own jobs and manage your affairs
Don't depend on a husband to feed and clothe you such that if he withholds the card you see it as the end of your life and plot to show him pepper.this one threw her hubby out into the cold weather at 4 am and got him killed
Get an education get a job,and let him keep his cards,this is 2013 for heaven's sake
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Niseamaka(m): 12:32am On Nov 30, 2013
armyofone: Taking CC you cant use in nigeria with you kinda funny to me. Im sure she got little ones and knew oga leaving the card will help them somehow. Men should stop trying to win argument with their women, i mean just give it to her. Something like babes, mind how you spend or dont empty the card and give it to her just for peace sake. No it is my way mentality as usual.
For peace sake hug and make up and continue your journey. Peace at home and peace in nigeria.
Well uwa di egwu, RIP man.

Your own solution is to surrender and retreat. You have no idea what men pass through in the name of marriage in the west. It's very difficult for a man to just let his wife dominate always, particularly we Nigerians. Their men are used to that kind of shit.
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Nobody: 12:34am On Nov 30, 2013
fresh_dude: So, she waited long enough for him to get his luggage from the trunk? And then drove for a bit and stopped and, wait for it, was pissed off hubby didn't come to check up on her to see if SHE was ok. What a me-me-me woman. Selfish to the marrow.
Well, she now has the bank card. I guess the end justify the means.

That line infuriated me
She was more concerned that the man didn't come running to see if she was hurt after the car was side swiped by the lorry
A man she dumped on the side of the road
This life is wicked
I dunno why she survived
She deserved to be dead too,she was after all the wicked person here
Why should she live?
Her own narration of the events portray her as a cold heated witch and the story is of course embellished in her favor
One cannot imagine what really transpired that morning
She will get her reward
If they have kids,assuming they are young,they will eventually reach the age of reason and hear the story of the wicked role their mom played in the death of their dad
Guess who will lose?
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by soulglo: 1:49am On Nov 30, 2013
babyosisi:

That line infuriated me
She was more concerned that the man didn't come running to see if she was hurt after the car was side swiped by the lorry
A man she dumped on the side of the road
This life is wicked
I dunno why she survived
She deserved to be dead too,she was after all the wicked person here
Why should she live?
Her own narration of the events portray her as a cold heated witch and the story is of course embellished in her favor
One cannot imagine what really transpired that morning
She will get her reward
If they have kids,assuming they are young,they will eventually reach the age of reason and hear the story of the wicked role their mom played in the death of their dad
Guess who will lose?

Maybe I read something different from you but what I took from her saying that is simply that she never expected that he would be dead. She got out and was upset because she felt he could have come looking for her. She was shocked to see he did not come because he had been run over. How do you go from there to the woman should also have died. Have you never had a fight with your boyfriend/fiance/husband? Has it never got really heated. What if he had driven off so angry and he got in an accident on the way. I am still trying to see how this fight was different from any other fight that couples have. She had no bruises and he had none. So they were more than likely not a couple that fought physically. How does a verbal fight that went out of control now call for wishing death on the woman.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Nobody: 2:35am On Nov 30, 2013
I lv UK!
So much freedom!
UK here I come!
I don park my ghana must go bag already.

Common sense wasn't applied in this case at all. I will greately fault the lady than d man. Even at home, a wise woman knows when to withdraw.
Once u r at the steering, ur passengers life is automatically in ur hand. She can keep mute and explode in a safer zone.
As per the man, no matter how provoked he might be, he should also hv known that the lady is driving and needed concentration. U don't argue or quarrel with a driver cos d person might get distracted. This is human life we r talking of. If the argument had started from home, he would hv settled it there or look for another alternative that the already annoyed wife to the airport.
In driving school, I was told every driver is a potential mad person. Two of them didn't apply that principal.
They allowed emotions to control them instead of common sense and we can all c the consequence.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Nobody: 4:42am On Nov 30, 2013
soul_glo:

Maybe I read something different from you but what I took from her saying that is simply that she never expected that he would be dead. She got out and was upset because she felt he could have come looking for her. She was shocked to see he did not come because he had been run over. How do you go from there to the woman should also have died. Have you never had a fight with your boyfriend/fiance/husband? Has it never got really heated. What if he had driven off so angry and he got in an accident on the way. I am still trying to see how this fight was different from any other fight that couples have. She had no bruises and he had none. So they were more than likely not a couple that fought physically. How does a verbal fight that went out of control now call for wishing death on the woman.

Yes
If someone must die why not her
Why him?
The story would have sounded better

" angry woman gets run over by a trailer after disobeying road signs and stopping vehicle in the middle of the road"
That way others would learn a thing or two about driving under the influence of rage

The wrong person died IMHO

I will never never ever stop my car and command anyone I love to get out in the cold at 4 am
No matter how angry my husband gets I can confidently say that he will never put me or the children in harm's way.
This fight is so different my dear
Over a Stoopid debit card?
If you get angry enough to disobey all road signs and throw someone out at that unholy hour knowing all the consequences
Muggings,missed flight etc,possible harm then the person needs help
Poverty ajoka
god please don't let poverty come near my doorstep in Jesus name
Amen
Re: Nigerian Killed By A Lorry After Storming Out Of Car During Row With Wife In UK by Nobody: 4:48am On Nov 30, 2013
yellowpawpaw: I lv UK!
So much freedom!
UK here I come!
I don park my ghana must go bag already.

Common sense wasn't applied in this case at all. I will greately fault the lady than d man. Even at home, a wise woman knows when to withdraw.
Once u r at the steering, ur passengers life is automatically in ur hand. She can keep mute and explode in a safer zone.
As per the man, no matter how provoked he might be, he should also hv known that the lady is driving and needed concentration. U don't argue or quarrel with a driver cos d person might get distracted. This is human life we r talking of. If the argument had started from home, he would hv settled it there or look for another alternative that the already annoyed wife to the airport.
In driving school, I was told every driver is a potential mad person. Two of them didn't apply that principal.
They allowed emotions to control them instead of common sense and we can all c the consequence.

Unfortunately we are yet to hear the man's side of the story

But I am just imagining what most men would do when the wife is upset
Most men will retreat and not say a word
Especially in this case when he was at her mercy
This may not be the end of this story

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Pregnant Neighbour Has Been Restless Because She's Carrying Twin / My Wedding Pictures / Getting Pregnant Before Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.