Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,501 members, 7,781,522 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:06 PM

Thank Us Later: These Study Skills Will Make You A Genius! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Thank Us Later: These Study Skills Will Make You A Genius! (579 Views)

Who Stole The Coke? Come In If And Only If You're A Genius. / Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) / Solve This Puzzle If You Are A Genius (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Thank Us Later: These Study Skills Will Make You A Genius! by passnownow: 6:22pm On Nov 27, 2013
Getting good grades isn’t easy, and understanding how to make the best use of your time and effort takes careful planning. It also helps to be a strategic learner. That means you:

Plan how you are going to learn and manage your time in the process;
Use the skills you have to learn the task at hand;
Keep track of the progress you're making.

Time Management Skills

Developing a system for managing time can be the single most important step you take. The pressure of trying to stick to a schedule can be stressful. It may take great effort, help and practice to find a system that works for you. Start by asking yourself the following questions:

How long does it take me to get ready in the morning?
What time of day am I most alert?
How long can I study in one sitting?
What types of things distract me the most?
What rewards can I give myself to stay motivated?
How long do my different commitments really take and how much leisure time can I expect to have?

Tips

Study for short periods of time and plan to reward yourself after completing a predetermined amount of reading, writing or reviewing. Take needed breaks and be sure to monitor the progress you are making along the way.
Try to develop a study routine, and select a preferred time and place to study. If it helps, change your routine each week and try different places to study. Be flexible, but also be sensitive to what works best for you.
Find ways to stay organised. For example, try using index cards and wall calendars. These simple tools can be quite helpful in helping you to arrange and manage your time. A large monthly wall calendar can be useful and you might consider making copies of your schedule on index cards that you can carry with you. If you prefer to use a computer, smartphone or tablet, there are numerous software programmes available with built-in calendars and reminders. There are even watches available that have calendars that can be programmed.
To figure out how much time to set aside for long-term projects, first list all the steps required to complete the project. Next, estimate how much time you'll need to finish each step and then, count backward from the due date. Always allow more time than you think you will need for each step. If you are not sure about the project’s requirements, speak to the teacher about how many steps are involved and what each step entails. This can give you a better sense of the time you'll need to finish the project. It also can help relieve some of the anxiety of the “unknown” in tackling a new project.
Keep the syllabuses for all of your courses in a place where they won’t get lost. Make extra copies, just in case. Make sure that you know the due dates for each assignment.
Build in a little extra time for unexpected problem-solving. Be prepared for projects to take longer than originally planned.

The main goal of time management should be to strike the right balance of work, academics and social activities. Smart planning will give you enough time for both work and play. http://passnownow.com/?p=posts&title=thank-us-later-these-study-skills-will-make-you-a-genius&id=5138

(1) (Reply)

Advice Needed Plz! / ASUU Strike Update: Fg Orders Varsities Open / United We Stand, Divided We Fall.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.