Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,254 members, 7,807,874 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

Pls How Do U Know If Your Honda Accord Baby Boy Auto Tranmisison Is About To Giv - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls How Do U Know If Your Honda Accord Baby Boy Auto Tranmisison Is About To Giv (1438 Views)

Honda Accord (1999) Lagos,4 Cylinder. A Green 1999 Honda Accord (baby-boy).(auto / Do U Know The Abbreviations On Your Number Plates? / 2005 Audi A4 Vs 2000 Honda Accord (baby Boy) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls How Do U Know If Your Honda Accord Baby Boy Auto Tranmisison Is About To Giv by kaykad: 6:47pm On Nov 27, 2013
PLS HOW DO U KNOW IF YOUR HONDA ACCORD BABY BOY AUTO TRANMISISON IS ABOUT TO GIV YOU PROBLEM. JUST BOUGHT MINE RESENTLY AND THED4 LINR IS NO MORE SHOWING. PLS I NEED YOUR HELP VERY URGENT
Re: Pls How Do U Know If Your Honda Accord Baby Boy Auto Tranmisison Is About To Giv by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 27, 2013
That's one sign. What did you do to the transmission before it brought about that fault? Did you change the ATF, rebuild that transmission or replace the fibre or what?
Re: Pls How Do U Know If Your Honda Accord Baby Boy Auto Tranmisison Is About To Giv by kaykad: 2:55pm On Nov 28, 2013
no sir, I did noting, just bought the car and mechanic top the oil and now the D4 light is not showing again
Re: Pls How Do U Know If Your Honda Accord Baby Boy Auto Tranmisison Is About To Giv by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 28, 2013
What type and brand of ATF did the mechanic used in topping it?
Re: Pls How Do U Know If Your Honda Accord Baby Boy Auto Tranmisison Is About To Giv by kaykad: 3:28pm On Nov 28, 2013
dnt know the name sir, but it a white container with blue cover on top and I think the color of the liquid is pink
Re: Pls How Do U Know If Your Honda Accord Baby Boy Auto Tranmisison Is About To Giv by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 28, 2013
kaykad: dnt know the name sir, but it a white container with blue cover on top and I think the color of the liquid is pink

That seem to be ABRO. The container description matches Abro but I'm not sure. Please check if that ATF container has dextron III written on it or not. If its not, I'm afraid your mechanic has prolly contaminated your ATF and this could make your Automatic gearbox misbehave and the gear lights to start blinking.

For most Honda vehicles Accord inclussive, the recommended ATF fluid is the Honda ATF-Z1 (Automatic Transmission Fluid). However, there's a new ATF for Honda which is the new Honda ATF-DW1.
Re: Pls How Do U Know If Your Honda Accord Baby Boy Auto Tranmisison Is About To Giv by kaykad: 4:27pm On Nov 28, 2013
u are right it is abro>>> please wat can I do to slove this problem
Re: Pls How Do U Know If Your Honda Accord Baby Boy Auto Tranmisison Is About To Giv by kenny2u(m): 9:16am On Dec 01, 2013
Sorry bro' Prepare to get a new gearbox!
Re: Pls How Do U Know If Your Honda Accord Baby Boy Auto Tranmisison Is About To Giv by Nobody: 9:28am On Dec 01, 2013
kenny2u: Sorry bro' Prepare to get a new gearbox!

That is the hard fact. In this part of the world (Africa and Nigeria in particular), I don't trust mechanics to have any capacity to rebuild any gear or engine. I just couldn't say it to you OP because I dnt like dishing out not sad news, hence my silence. I'm sorry bro.
Re: Pls How Do U Know If Your Honda Accord Baby Boy Auto Tranmisison Is About To Giv by WiseBukoye(m): 9:28am On Dec 02, 2013
@ OP, you might be still be lucky, though. Drain the oil and use the original ATF recommended for your model of Honda. Stop driving that car until you change the fluid, except you're for a gear overhaul or replacement. Never you again commit the destiny of your to the hands of our drop out that turn out to be road side mechanics. You should know better than thoses clowns that wants you as their daily customers.
Re: Pls How Do U Know If Your Honda Accord Baby Boy Auto Tranmisison Is About To Giv by kaykad: 3:23pm On Dec 02, 2013
THANKS ALL FOR YOUR CONCERN, ACTUALLY THE LIGHT DID NOT START BLINKING IT JUST WENT OFF, I HAVE DRAINED OUT THE AMBRO ATF AND WHEN TO OANDO AND BOUGHT A DEXTRONIII ATF AND REFILLED. ALSO WHEN TO WILOBY AT OYINBO AND THEY TOLD ME THAT ITS THE BULB THAT GOT BURNT AND I WILL HAV TO CHANGE IT OR USE IT LIKE THAT. I DONT ANT THEM TO SCARTHER THE DASHBOARD FOR ME SO I DECIDED TO USE IT LIKE DAT . HOPFULLY IT WILL NOT GIVE ME ANY PROBLEM. THANKS
Re: Pls How Do U Know If Your Honda Accord Baby Boy Auto Tranmisison Is About To Giv by Nobody: 8:03pm On Dec 02, 2013
kaykad: THANKS ALL FOR YOUR CONCERN, ACTUALLY THE LIGHT DID NOT START BLINKING IT JUST WENT OFF, I HAVE DRAINED OUT THE AMBRO ATF AND WHEN TO OANDO AND BOUGHT A DEXTRONIII ATF AND REFILLED. ALSO WHEN TO WILOBY AT OYINBO AND THEY TOLD ME THAT ITS THE BULB THAT GOT BURNT AND I WILL HAV TO CHANGE IT OR USE IT LIKE THAT. I DONT ANT THEM TO SCARTHER THE DASHBOARD FOR ME SO I DECIDED TO USE IT LIKE DAT . HOPFULLY IT WILL NOT GIVE ME ANY PROBLEM. THANKS

D Light burning? SMH @ some so called car repairers they reek of ignorance. Scan that car and clear any code now you have replaced the ATF with the recommended ATF. @ kaykad, please don't type with all captial letters. Some people feel you are shouting when you type in capital letters. Thanks
Re: Pls How Do U Know If Your Honda Accord Baby Boy Auto Tranmisison Is About To Giv by kaykad: 10:40am On Dec 03, 2013
so sorry about the caps, please what do I need to do so that the d4 light will come back to normal.
Re: Pls How Do U Know If Your Honda Accord Baby Boy Auto Tranmisison Is About To Giv by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 03, 2013
lomomike:

D Light burning? SMH @ some so called car repairers they reek of ignorance. Scan that car and clear any code now you have replaced the ATF with the recommended ATF. @ kaykad, please don't type with all captial letters. Some people feel you are shouting when you type in capital letters. Thanks

@ kayad, I just gave you solution on how to get the car normal. If it doesn't get normal then there's nothing else I can do.

(1) (Reply)

A Car Just Drove Itself Across The U.S / Toyota Launches A Wooden Car (toyota Setsuna) - Forbe / Between Matrix 2008 Model And Pontiac Vibe 2004

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.