Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:13 PM

A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It (17306 Views)

God Wants Me To Kill My Dad / Scriptural Proof God Wants Us Wealthy. / God Wants To Talk To You Now - Prophet Olaye George (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:02pm On Dec 01, 2013
texanomaly:

You are soooo right. The bolded made me think of this story. I'm not sure of it's origin. There is another story, where home is replaced by man.

A little boy who came up to his father. Dad had just come home from work and he was tired. Little Johnny approached Dad and said, “Daddy, tell me a story,” as he tugged his dad’s pant leg.

But you know and I know what we sometimes tell little Johnny. Dad said, “Johnny, you run on for a little while, and after I have read the sports page you come back and then I’ll tell you a story.”

You don’t get rid of little Johnny that way. He tugged again. “Daddy, tell me a story now.”

Dad looked down at Johnny and wondered what in the world he could do to shake him just for a few minutes. Then he looked on the end table and there was a magazine, and he had an idea. On the front cover of the magazine was a picture of the world. He tore the cover off that magazine and shredded it in about sixteen pieces. He handed it to little Johnny and said, “Johnny, let’s play a game. You take these pieces and go in the other room and get the tape and you put this world together, and when you have put it together properly, then I will tell you a story.”

Johnny accepted the challenge, and off he ran, and Dad settled back very pleased with himself. He knew that he could now read the sports page. But only a moment had passed, and here was Johnny again tugging at his pant leg.

“Daddy,” said Johnny, “I have put it together.”

Dad looked down and saw those sixteen pieces, each one in its proper place. He felt that he had a genius in the household. He turned to his little boy, and said, “John, my boy, how in the world did you do it?”

Johnny sort of ducked his head and replied, “Well, it wasn’t too hard, Dad. Turn the picture of the world over.”

And as Dad turned the magazine cover over, Johnny said, “You see, on the back of the cover is the picture of a home. I just put the home together, and the world took care of itself.”

[img]http://1.bp..com/-k4tOFAf-Uhg/T3nonTf-TCI/AAAAAAAAAIw/EJd9-bCUmD0/s1600/coolsis.jpg[/img]
Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by texanomaly(f): 11:04pm On Dec 01, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

[img]http://image.spreadshirt.net/image-server/v1/designs/14940053,width=178,height=178/Cool-Story-Sis.-Tell-it-again..png[/img]

Thanks.

What's up Alfa?
Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by Nobody: 12:29am On Dec 02, 2013

1 Like

Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by Nobody: 12:30am On Dec 02, 2013
Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by Nobody: 12:30am On Dec 02, 2013

1 Like

Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by Mujah1deen: 1:26am On Dec 02, 2013
Ishilove:
Na you! You, Mujahideen!!! Na you be my nigga grin grin grin grin

Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by Mintayo(m): 4:15am On Dec 02, 2013
Ishilove:
Park well, u dis ijebu man tongue
Obadiah is ijebu?seriously?shocked...#lip-sealed.

1 Like

Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by Nobody: 7:34am On Dec 02, 2013
cheesy cheesy! Buzugeeeeeeee. Sounds like a pet name! wink! Obadiah is not ijebu o! He is igbo from arochukwu!

1 Like

Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by MrPresident1: 9:56am On Dec 02, 2013
obadiah777: it aint hard lol. trust me. took me less than two years grin

You're lucky, Chief.
Some of us have been indoctrinated all our lives angry, reverse engineering aint no small thang mhen.
Top of the morning Sire. wink wink

2 Likes

Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by MrPresident1: 9:58am On Dec 02, 2013
Mujah1deen:

My dear Muja1deen, Abeg no mind Ishi o. Na joke she just dey joke with you o cheesy
Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by Ishilove: 10:45am On Dec 02, 2013
Mr President:

My dear Muja1deen, Abeg no mind Ishi o. Na joke she just dey joke with you o cheesy
grin grin grin grin
Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 02, 2013
sandijey:

shocked shocked shocked shocked :owho are uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu? lipsrsealed!
Too long a time ? tongue

1 Like

Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 02, 2013
texanomaly:

You are soooo right. The bolded made me think of this story. I'm not sure of it's origin. There is another story, where home is replaced by man.

A little boy who came up to his father. Dad had just come home from work and he was tired. Little Johnny approached Dad and said, “Daddy, tell me a story,” as he tugged his dad’s pant leg.

But you know and I know what we sometimes tell little Johnny. Dad said, “Johnny, you run on for a little while, and after I have read the sports page you come back and then I’ll tell you a story.”

You don’t get rid of little Johnny that way. He tugged again. “Daddy, tell me a story now.”

Dad looked down at Johnny and wondered what in the world he could do to shake him just for a few minutes. Then he looked on the end table and there was a magazine, and he had an idea. On the front cover of the magazine was a picture of the world. He tore the cover off that magazine and shredded it in about sixteen pieces. He handed it to little Johnny and said, “Johnny, let’s play a game. You take these pieces and go in the other room and get the tape and you put this world together, and when you have put it together properly, then I will tell you a story.”

Johnny accepted the challenge, and off he ran, and Dad settled back very pleased with himself. He knew that he could now read the sports page. But only a moment had passed, and here was Johnny again tugging at his pant leg.

“Daddy,” said Johnny, “I have put it together.”

Dad looked down and saw those sixteen pieces, each one in its proper place. He felt that he had a genius in the household. He turned to his little boy, and said, “John, my boy, how in the world did you do it?”

Johnny sort of ducked his head and replied, “Well, it wasn’t too hard, Dad. Turn the picture of the world over.”

And as Dad turned the magazine cover over, Johnny said, “You see, on the back of the cover is the picture of a home. I just put the home together, and the world took care of itself.”
very deep and brilliant story smiley
Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by Nobody: 11:34am On Dec 02, 2013
Ishilove:
Park well, u dis ijebu man tongue
nah i aint ijebu. i am from the tribe of yehudah in yisrael wink
Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by Nobody: 11:36am On Dec 02, 2013
Ishilove:
He is the one, the only, Buzugeeeeeeee!!!

His real name is Alpha Onuoha, brother to Beta and Omega Onuoha (they are triplets)

cheesy cheesy

www.nairaland.com/1510887/religion-section-hall-fame-2013
lmao and i dont wear skirts neither like the guy in ya pikshure >>> deuteronomy 22 vs 5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God. wink grin
Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 02, 2013
obadiah777: Too long a time ? tongue

To short a time!

1 Like

Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 02, 2013
Mintayo:
Obadiah is ijebu?seriously?shocked...#lip-sealed.
nah bros, she trippin. i am from the tribe of yehudah in yisrael smiley
Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by Nobody: 11:42am On Dec 02, 2013
sandijey: cheesy cheesy! Buzugeeeeeeee. Sounds like a pet name! wink! Obadiah is not ijebu o! He is igbo from arochukwu!
cool story sandi. now pass the isi ewu grin

2 Likes

Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 02, 2013
Mr President:

You're lucky, Chief.
Some of us have been indoctrinated all our lives angry, reverse engineering aint no small thang mhen.
Top of the morning Sire. wink wink
hahaha yeah lucky for me i wasnt really indoctrinated. up till 2 years ago or thereabouts i dont think i ever read the bible a day in my life. ok maybe i may have opened it to read a verse or two in a few churches i went but i never really opened the book. so i was lucky like that. i didnt have to reverse any doctrine of demons or fables and lies. top of the morning to ya el Presidenteeeeee wink

1 Like

Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by Nobody: 11:59am On Dec 02, 2013
sandijey:

To short a time!
2 years is too short ? thats like 700 days or so. daz a long time now lol. i think. i wont lie though the past 2 years i have ate slept and breath the bible. its like making up for lost time. the lord calling me back home before armageddon. scripture do say this would happen before destruction.

matthew 24 vs 31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other. <<<< not saying am an elect so ignore that part but before the destruction a certain group of people would be gathered. now this is not a physical gathering like let me collect all these people in one place. this is a spiritual gathering meaning he is gathering all his elect and saints back into the scriptures. back into the knowledge they had from the beginning. so why it took me less than two years is because i wasnt learning these things for the first time. i was being gathered back into what i already knew. i was being brought to remembrance of what i already knew. i say this because i found it very easy to understand the whole scriptures so somehow i dont think this is my first time ever reading it. if that makes sense.

3 Likes

Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by texanomaly(f): 12:15pm On Dec 02, 2013
obadiah777: lmao and i dont wear skirts neither like the guy in ya pikshure >>> deuteronomy 22 vs 5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God. wink grin

Lolz...its not a skirt. It's a kilt, and a big Scottish man in one, would kick your behind for calling it such.
cheesy wink

1 Like

Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by Nobody: 12:18pm On Dec 02, 2013
texanomaly:

Lolz...its not a skirt. It's a kilt, and a big Scottish man in one, would kick your behind for calling it such.
cheesy wink

kilt-skirt
elevator-lift
boot-trunk
they all the same thang. just different names
grin grin
Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by Nobody: 12:19pm On Dec 02, 2013
obadiah777: 2 years is too short ? thats like 700 days or so. daz a long time now lol. i think. i wont lie though the past 2 years i have ate slept and breath the bible. its like making up for lost time. the lord calling me back home before armageddon. scripture do say this would happen before destruction.

matthew 24 vs 31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other. <<<< not saying am an elect so ignore that part but before the destruction a certain group of people would be gathered. now this is not a physical gathering like let me collect all these people in one place. this is a spiritual gathering meaning he is gathering all his elect and saints back into the scriptures. back into the knowledge they had from the beginning. so why it took me less than two years is because i wasnt learning these things for the first time. i was being gathered back into what i already knew. i was being brought to remembrance of what i already knew. i say this because i found it very easy to understand the whole scriptures so somehow i dont think this is my first time ever reading it. if that makes sense.

It makes perfect sense....

1 Like

Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by texanomaly(f): 12:22pm On Dec 02, 2013
obadiah777: kilt-skirt
elevator-lift
boot-trunk
they all the same thang. just different names
grin grin

My Scottish ancestors are turning over in their graves.

Smh

1 Like

Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by Nobody: 12:29pm On Dec 02, 2013
sandijey:

It makes perfect sense....
i would hope it does lol. you know sometimes i think i am like a vessel being used. we really are all vessels. there is a wealth of information in the FILAMENT OF HEAVEN. and between that wealth of information and the outside world is the vessel which are humans. now how much of that wealth of information the Lord allows you to tap into depends on your standing with him. hence the saying a man only uses 10 percent of his brain. its true. now a man on a good standing will be allowed to access a lot more of the information than the average person on the street. such a person is illuminated. or as they say 'the bright and morning star' or 'the sun'

1 Like

Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 02, 2013
texanomaly:

My Scottish ancestors are turning over in their graves.

Smh

haha and what are they in the grave for ? coronary ? well you do know the scottish eat deep fried mars bars. ever hear about deep fried mars bars ? grin grin

http://deep-fried.food.com/recipe/deep-fried-mars-bars-43463

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep-fried_Mars_Bar

i wanna try it once lol
Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by texanomaly(f): 12:48pm On Dec 02, 2013
obadiah777: haha and what are they in the grave for ? coronary ? well you do know the scottish eat deep fried mars bars. ever hear about deep fried mars bars ? grin grin

http://deep-fried.food.com/recipe/deep-fried-mars-bars-43463

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep-fried_Mars_Bar

i wanna try it once lol

I have heard of it actually. Deep fried Twinkies too. cheesy

Never tried either one. I might try a bite. I'm not sure I could eat the whole thing. Maybe you will share one bit off yours? grin

1 Like

Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by Nobody: 12:50pm On Dec 02, 2013
obadiah777: i would hope it does lol. you know sometimes i think i am like a vessel being used. we really are all vessels. there is a wealth of information in the FILAMENT OF HEAVEN. and between that wealth of information and the outside world is the vessel which are humans. now how much of that wealth of information the Lord allows you to tap into depends on your standing with him. hence the saying a man only uses 10 percent of his brain. its true. now a man on a good standing will be allowed to access a lot more of the information than the average person on the street. such a person is illuminated. or as they say 'the bright and morning star' or 'the sun'

I guess I am illuminated but to call myself the Sun! grin, Thats Grandeus. But u my dear, ure more like "the sun" u no too much! I just can't comprehend how u no and interprete this things so easy. Am actually jealous. Lol!!!!!

1 Like

Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by Nobody: 12:52pm On Dec 02, 2013
texanomaly:

I have heard of it actually. Deep fried Twinkies too. cheesy

Never tried either one. I might try a bite. I'm not sure I could eat the whole thing. Maybe you will share one bit off yours? grin

why not eh ? it aint no fun if the homies cant have none - snoop grin grin
Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by texanomaly(f): 12:59pm On Dec 02, 2013

1 Like

Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 02, 2013
sandijey:

I guess I am illuminated but to call myself the Sun! grin, Thats Grandeus. But u my dear, ure more like "the sun" u no too much! I just can't comprehend how u no and interprete this things so easy. Am actually jealous. Lol!!!!!
if you are illuminated then you are the Sun. Sun means wisdom and moon means understanding. if you are illuminated you have more wisdom than all. making you the Sun. its all biblical lingo lol. and all wisdom knowledge and understanding belongs to God. I am just a vessel allowing myself to be used. no big deal. wink grin

1 Like

Re: A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It by vickyO(f): 1:06pm On Dec 02, 2013
texanomaly: Obadiah you might find this interesting...

https://www.nairaland.com/1538927/tithe-obligated-keep-whole-law#19937044
I second that

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Greatest Atheist Quotes / Things You Never Thought God Can Do / Joshua Iginla Gives 40 Disables Including Muslims N150k Each To Mark Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.