Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,682 members, 7,805,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:31 AM

APC Will Fight Corruption, Waste – Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Will Fight Corruption, Waste – Tinubu (9094 Views)

Six Reasons Why Dakuku Peterside Of APC Will Win Rivers Guber Elections Rerun / Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark / Tinubu Will Destroy Himself, Obasanjo Will Fight With Buhari – PDP Chieftain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Will Fight Corruption, Waste – Tinubu by fabulous4u: 4:25am On Nov 28, 2013
The National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu, has said the decision of the aggrieved members of the Peoples Democratic Party to join the APC will change Nigeria’s political landscape forever.

Tinubu, who said this in an interview with the Aljazeera Television, on Wednesday, added that the party would fight corruption and waste in government. A script of the interview was obtained by The PUNCH, in Abuja, on Wednesday.

He expressed confidence that Nigeria’s political landscape had changed forever and for good.

In response, the National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party, Chief Olisa Metuh, said time will tell which political party was truly popular.

According to Tinubu, the decision by the governors and their supporters to join the opposition APC has tilted the scale and balance of power in favour of the opposition.

He argued that Nigeria was now moving from imperialism to what he called proper democracy.

Tinubu said, “This development will start reshaping the landscape of politics in this country forever. Not for us only but for generation unborn.

“And the future of this country to take its position as a leader in Africa and not just as a well populated country that is big and directionless.

“Nigeria has tried in the past to achieve stable democracy. Like other African countries, we have had our share of military rule and a bit of democratic rule.

“But we are blessed with human and material resources which have not been harnessed for the welfare of the mass of the people in this country.”

The APC leader observed that the sophistication, honesty, trust, transparency which were essential ingredients of the electoral process had been absent in the Nigerian system.

Speaking further about the defects of the Nigerian political system, Tinubu said the balance of power was currently tilted in favour of the incumbency.

He noted that Nigerians had never seen a group that would have a common focus and put patriotism as the cornerstone of their guiding principle.

“This is a party that will put people at the forefront of their cause in participating in politics. Never has there been a group that will focus on the welfare of the Nigerian citizenry and fight corruption and waste in governance.

“There are many areas that this new APC alliance and effort will unveil. We will ensure that we have credibility in the voting system, the character, commitment of our people – the value that you want to pass the torch to the coming generation on democracy,” he said.

Tinubu, who is a former Lagos State governor, observed that the perception of having so many governors working together in one party and platform alone would encourage people to share ideas as well as values and boost their confidence in the electoral system.

He also stressed that a shift in the power equilibrium would rekindle the expectation of the world that the nation’s opposition did not only exist on paper but that it was physically present in Nigeria.

He accused the ruling party of systematically encouraging corruption, lacking care and focus on the primary things that would develop the country.

He expressed sadness that Nigeria had kept missing the bull’s eye in the critical path to a democratic success.

However, Metuh said it was laughable for the opposition party which was the “home of corruption” to accuse the PDP administration.

Metuh said “2015 is just by the corner it’s not too far. Talk is cheap, they have played all their cards and done all they think they can do, time will tell who has more number of followers.”
http://www.punchng.com/news/apcll-fight-corruption-waste-tinubu/

1 Like

Re: APC Will Fight Corruption, Waste – Tinubu by sbeezy8: 4:53am On Nov 28, 2013
I HIGHLY DOUBT THAT half of the govenors that decamped have cases against them in efcc. APC became a live party in the SW because the Governors were new.....

But I give it to tinubu, VERY SMART GUY- visionary his political intelligence in a country like Nigeria can only be matched by Obasanjo.
Kudos, to building a strong Opposition.

4 Likes

Re: APC Will Fight Corruption, Waste – Tinubu by RoyalRoy(m): 5:01am On Nov 28, 2013
sbeezy8: I HIGHLY DOUBT THAT half of the govenors that decamped have cases against them in efcc. APC became a live party in the SW because the Governors were new.....

But I give it to tinubu, VERY SMART GUY- visionary his political intelligence in a country like Nigeria can only be matched by Obasanjo.

You are right.

One. cannot ignore that Tinubu is smart and well rooted in politics.

His sagacity is quite commendable and rare in this present age and time when most Naija politicians are just watery and lack political charisma.

Let's see what the next 180 days bring.

Drama or Calm?

We are watching.
Re: APC Will Fight Corruption, Waste – Tinubu by Firefire(m): 5:33am On Nov 28, 2013
Fight corruption?
How can Corruption fight corruption?
How can a corrupt element stage a battle against itself? Can a house fight against itself and still stand?
I bet to disagree with Tinubu…
All those thieving politicians shall soon meet their waterloo.

Only time will tell.

37 Likes

Re: APC Will Fight Corruption, Waste – Tinubu by Nobody: 5:40am On Nov 28, 2013
The devil laughs when one thief calls out another. Mr Tinubu start with yourself.

11 Likes

Re: APC Will Fight Corruption, Waste – Tinubu by mikael78: 6:18am On Nov 28, 2013
It would have been possible if those fools didn't decamp to your party undecided
Re: APC Will Fight Corruption, Waste – Tinubu by zeelo2014: 6:39am On Nov 28, 2013
Lie of the century

1 Like

Re: APC Will Fight Corruption, Waste – Tinubu by Omexonomy: 6:39am On Nov 28, 2013
I forsee Abati and okupe are about to be unleash simulteneously
Re: APC Will Fight Corruption, Waste – Tinubu by ochejoseph(m): 7:01am On Nov 28, 2013
APC is already fighting corruption

With 1 Billion for every Kilometre road. Construction has been made more easier

With Payments for Owambe birthday parties levies made compulsory who wants to loose Tinubu Bedroom primaries

Drowning of the Masses with illegitimate and excessively High taxes who needs an Armed robber

Yes APC will fight Corruption I agree but first let

Fashola declare how much he funnels to those Consultants and How much IGR is generated monthly as requested using the FOI ,for 3 years the guy has been dodging

2. Let Rochas tell the whole world what he did with the Billions that ended up in uncompleted Round abouts

3 let APC tell us what it will Do with all The EFCC cases hanging over the neck of the G7 governors

Then we might take them seriously
GOD BLESS NIGERIA

26 Likes

Re: APC Will Fight Corruption, Waste – Tinubu by fabulous4u: 7:18am On Nov 28, 2013
in that case you should start by fighting yourself cos u are dead corrupt and charity begins at home

3 Likes

Re: APC Will Fight Corruption, Waste – Tinubu by Chiefpriest1(m): 7:31am On Nov 28, 2013
Tinubu is a well-grounded politician who knows what to say at every point in time. ​we know that most of them are thieves,but one thing I am sure of is that no government, no matter how corrupt would plunder our commonwealth with so much impunity as this PDP govt. In other words, what Tinubu is saying is that the APC will steal less and work more if elected. For now, you cannot stop corruption in Nigeria, you can only reduce it by removing the element of impunity

11 Likes

Re: APC Will Fight Corruption, Waste – Tinubu by taharqa: 8:40am On Nov 28, 2013
Bwahahahahaha grin grin grin grin.......

1 Like

Re: APC Will Fight Corruption, Waste – Tinubu by sCun: 8:44am On Nov 28, 2013
The kingdom of darkness will fight Lies, Fornication - Satan.

7 Likes

Re: APC Will Fight Corruption, Waste – Tinubu by Nobody: 8:50am On Nov 28, 2013
The biggest tool for fighting corruption is transparency.

With the worrying opacity of the finances of the Lagos State government, I'll be extremely naive to believe that the party has any interest in fighting corruption.

At least the Federal Government has shown some transparency in, for instance, accounting for their share of SURE-P funds. What have APC states done with their share?

Tinubu must think he's talking to kindergartens.

Just come out straight and say the truth: the APC seeks POWER. No one will stone you for being honest.

10 Likes

Re: APC Will Fight Corruption, Waste – Tinubu by NOLONGTIN1(m): 9:26am On Nov 28, 2013

I think APC should fight corruption and wastefulness in APC controlled state, then we will start believing him

Talk is cheap!

1 Like

Re: APC Will Fight Corruption, Waste – Tinubu by docsholz(m): 9:30am On Nov 28, 2013
See d FATHER of CORRUPTION talking about fighting corruption, na GOD go punish this polithiefians they should rename d party to TCN( Thieves Changing Name)

2 Likes

Re: APC Will Fight Corruption, Waste – Tinubu by osaxx: 9:37am On Nov 28, 2013
Chiefpriest1: Tinubu is a well-grounded politician who knows what to say at every point in time. ​we know that most of them are thieves,but one thing I am sure of is that no government, no matter how corrupt would plunder our commonwealth with so much impunity as this PDP govt. In other words, what Tinubu is saying is that the APC will steal less and work more if elected. For now, you cannot stop corruption in Nigeria, you can only reduce it by removing the element of impunity

Rubbish....tinubu as governor...did he steal less n work more. Answer YES or NO

3 Likes

Re: APC Will Fight Corruption, Waste – Tinubu by Olaolufred(m): 9:37am On Nov 28, 2013
Firefire: Fight corruption?
How can Corruption fight corruption?
How can a corrupt element stage a battle against itself? Can a house fight against itself and still stand?
I bet to disagree with Tinubu…
All those thieving politicians shall soon meet their waterloo.

Only time will tell.

HE IS NOT CORRUPT.
SINCE IBORI IS STILL A SAINT JAMES IN NIGERIA.

IF HE IS TRULY CORRUPT, WE MUST PROVE IT.
HOWEVER, SINCE JONA SAID CORRUPTION IS NOT NIGERIA'S MAIN PROBLEM,
ARE YOU SAYING THAT TINUBU IS PART OF OUR SECONDARY PROBLEMS?

JONA- A WHOLE COMMANDER IN CHIEF SAID HE IS AFFRAID OF MENTIONING NAMES OF CORRUPT LEADERS.
REMEMBER, SOMEONE WHO MISMANAGED 32BILLION PENSIONED FUND WAS TOLD UNDER THIS ADMINISTRATION TO "PAY A FINE OF 700 THOUSAND NAIRA, THEN GO AND SIN NO MORE".

IT IS THE DUTY OF THE ONE WHO DETERMINES WHAT NIGERIAN ARMY, POLICE, SSS, SFU, EFCC AND ICPC DO TO BRING PEOPLE TO BOOK. IF HE FAILS, THEN IBORI SAINT JAMES, Diepreye Solomon SAINT Peter Alamieyeseigha AND BOLA AL-HAMED TINUBU ARE HOLY.

2 Likes

Re: APC Will Fight Corruption, Waste – Tinubu by osaxx: 9:44am On Nov 28, 2013
Royal Roy:

You are right.

One. cannot ignore that Tinubu is smart and well rooted in politics.

His sagacity is quite commendable and rare in this present age and time when most Naija politicians are just watery and lack political charisma.

Let's see what the next 180 days bring.

Drama or Calm?

We are watching.

Its a shame to nigeria tinubu is talking freely...
Tinubu doesn't av right to address the good people of nigeria...he should be in kirikiri by now...youngman u talk lik u new in naija...same old story....APC cannot win in lagos...bet me...because fashola n tinubu has really frustrated lagosians

2 Likes

Re: APC Will Fight Corruption, Waste – Tinubu by Olaolufred(m): 9:47am On Nov 28, 2013
osaxx:
Its a shame to nigeria tinubu is talking freely...
Tinubu doesn't av right to address the good people of nigeria...he should be in kirikiri by now...youngman u talk lik u new in naija...same old story....APC cannot win in lagos...bet me...because fashola n tinubu has really frustrated lagosians

U MEAN THIS SAME LAGOS I AM TYPING FROM?
DREAM ON.
Re: APC Will Fight Corruption, Waste – Tinubu by tomakint: 9:52am On Nov 28, 2013
Ok...... is it not the same Lagos, Headquarter of APC, where the Speaker of the Lagos State House of Assembly, Hon. Kuforiji is enmeshed in one of the biggest sleaze in Lagos history? Ok I am listening Jagaban Sir, undecided

3 Likes

Re: APC Will Fight Corruption, Waste – Tinubu by Nobody: 9:57am On Nov 28, 2013
Tell us what we Know.

Abeggi! na today?
Re: APC Will Fight Corruption, Waste – Tinubu by osaxx: 10:04am On Nov 28, 2013
sbeezy8: I HIGHLY DOUBT THAT half of the govenors that decamped have cases against them in efcc. APC became a live party in the SW because the Governors were new.....

What is ur understanding of a smart n visionary politician...

is it by killing funsho williams, d greates treat to AC in lagos.

Is it by bribing salami to hand over SW to APC.

Is it by influencing the ASUU strike.

Is it by distracting the president from delivering dividend of democracy.

Is it for arranging the arrest of asari dokubo in benin.

Is it for milking lagosians.

Is it for being a drug addict

Is it for building hotels all over lagos.

Is it for claiming ownership of lagos.

Is it for wasting tax payers money to fight his president.

Is it for being number 2 most corrupt nigerian in history after abacha.

Pls tell us, what do u understand by smart n visionary politician....u obviously leaving in the past n do not wish nigeria well.

Even tinubu knows APC can never win nigeria, because he is a member of the party. So if APC wants to win they should suspend TINUBU, BUHARI,AMAECHI,IKIMI,AKANDE, ATIKU,ALL EX-GOV,KWAKWANSO ETC because APC is categorized by d same old demonic bastards dat av destroyed this country. I think PDP has been sanitized.

9 Likes

Re: APC Will Fight Corruption, Waste – Tinubu by Olaolufred(m): 10:09am On Nov 28, 2013
osaxx:

What is ur understanding of a smart n visionary politician...

is it by killing funsho williams, d greates treat to AC in lagos.

Is it by bribing salami to hand over SW to APC.

Is it by influencing the ASUU strike.

Is it by distracting the president from delivering dividend of democracy.

Is it for arranging the arrest of asari dokubo in benin.

Is it for milking lagosians.

Is it for being a drug addict

Is it for building hotels all over lagos.

Is it for claiming ownership of lagos.

Is it for wasting tax payers money to fight his president.

Is it for being number 2 most corrupt nigerian in history after abacha.

Pls tell us, what do u understand by smart n visionary politician....u obviously leaving in the past n do not wish nigeria well.

Even tinubu knows APC can never win nigeria, because he is a member of the party. So if APC wants to win they should suspend TINUBU, BUHARI,AMAECHI,IKIMI,AKANDE, ATIKU,ALL EX-GOV,KWAKWANSO ETC because APC is categorized by d same old demonic bastards dat av destroyed this country. I think PDP has been sanitized.

YOU HAVE ALL THESE EVIDENCES AND YOU CAN NOT APPROACH YOUR BROTHER IN POWER TO CORRECT THE WRONGS.
WAKE UP.

1 Like

Re: APC Will Fight Corruption, Waste – Tinubu by Walexz02(m): 10:25am On Nov 28, 2013
Wao! We are behind you baba..
Its not easy to concure leaders in this obodo naija. Kudos cool
Re: APC Will Fight Corruption, Waste – Tinubu by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 28, 2013
Lets start with Lagos State.

2 Likes

Re: APC Will Fight Corruption, Waste – Tinubu by Nobody: 10:34am On Nov 28, 2013
Chiefpriest1: Tinubu is a well-grounded politician who knows what to say at every point in time. ​we know that most of them are thieves,but one thing I am sure of is that no government, no matter how corrupt would plunder our commonwealth with so much impunity as this PDP govt. In other words, what Tinubu is saying is that the APC will steal less and work more if elected. For now, you cannot stop corruption in Nigeria, you can only reduce it by removing the element of impunity

Exactly.
Re: APC Will Fight Corruption, Waste – Tinubu by Nobody: 10:35am On Nov 28, 2013
osaxx:

Around these parts here, you my friend, are what we call: A Looney.
Re: APC Will Fight Corruption, Waste – Tinubu by ikweremilitant: 10:43am On Nov 28, 2013
NO LONG TIN:

I think APC should fight corruption and wastefulness in APC controlled state, then we will start believing him

Talk is cheap!

tinubu wen u stat fighting frm kirikiri then i wil belev u
Re: APC Will Fight Corruption, Waste – Tinubu by lovat(m): 10:51am On Nov 28, 2013
Tinubu is saying hogwash, he is the most corrupt politician strutting around in Nigeria, we all know the deal he had with GEJ to support him in 2011 and then Code of Conduct Bureau will lose its case against Tinubu.
Re: APC Will Fight Corruption, Waste – Tinubu by Olaolufred(m): 10:55am On Nov 28, 2013
lovat: Tinubu is saying hogwash, he is the most corrupt politician strutting around in Nigeria, [size=18pt]we all know the deal he had with GEJ to support him in 2011 and then Code of Conduct Bureau will lose its case against Tinubu[/size].

YOU HAVE JUST CONDEMNED YOUR PRESIDENT.
SO, THEY(TINUBU AND JONATHAN) ARE BOTH AN ACCOMPLICE IN CRIME AGAINST NIGERIANS FOR SELFISH INTEREST.
IT MEANS THEY DO NOT DESERVE TO REPRESENT ANY PART OF NIGERIA, NOT TO TALK OF IT AS A WHOLE.
Re: APC Will Fight Corruption, Waste – Tinubu by Nobody: 11:16am On Nov 28, 2013
More like the devil claiming he'll fight satan.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bauchi Pensioner Returns N1m Over-payment / El-Zakzaky, Wife Sue AGF, DSS Over Passport Seizure, Demand N4bn In Damages / Correct Nigeria’s False Depositions In UK Court’ — Adoke Tackles Malami Over JP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.