Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,629 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! - Politics (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! (83214 Views)

ECA Fund: Say The Truth, Oshiomole Tells Okonjo-Iweala / Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow / Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! Mad Idea To Help The Woman! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by manny4life(m): 11:04pm On Nov 28, 2013
pmc01:

You need me to help you spell it out

Good to see your humble side! cheesy

If spelling it out helps your case, then so be it.

As far as I'm concerned, the dude dabbled on issues he has no idea about, talking about Petty Trading hurts small business, little does he know in economics, petty trading is regarded as "SMALL BUSINESS", they are the economic drivers of any successful nation, yet he's ranting nonsense. Is that the point you want me to understand?

I'm a humble person unless I cross pathetic fellows, then humility flies out the window.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by andyanders: 11:04pm On Nov 28, 2013
rudedough:

[b]Until you give up those emotions, it'll be hard for you to push forward in life. I'm a Medical Doctor and I can assure you that I've seen more emotions from patients in ICU but that doesn't mean that the surgery wouldn't be performed.

Think about the greater good. If everyone starts crying and begging like this woman, what do you think would be of our society?

Armed robbers cry too
Ritualists cry more
Even Kidnappers
...name them.

You cannot rule a state or a family wearing a sweat pant. Rules are rules and any who defaults must face the law. It's that simple.[/b]

What kind of emotion? A widow begging you for forgiveness and at the same time, you are telling her to die? So if you are a doctor and even if you want to ignore your patient, will you tell her if you cannot [pay, you can die I don't care? I don't blame you. Because you are privileged to be who you are today does not mean you are better off in the sight of God. Pray you do not be in a position where you have to ask for mercy, I believe the person you asking for mercy from, his/heart will be hardened.

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by pmc01(m): 11:05pm On Nov 28, 2013
manny4life:

I asked you again, the public citizens are WHO?

Define a govt and who drafts the Constitution then we begin to get somewhere.

Please, let's fix further discussion for some other time, I sincerely request. My Ifunanya is fuming already, you won't be there to defend me, you know?

I take my leave for now please. Thank you for your understanding. cheesy
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by manny4life(m): 11:05pm On Nov 28, 2013
bokohalal: If you are a widow you now block walkways,litter the streets, cause traffic jams and or accidents?. First widow in the world,abi?.
Their illegal activity lead to flooding and subsequent loss of lives and property in the city.
The woman should go and die so that others may live.

God has returned your prayers back to you and we all say IJN one million times.... AMEN. cool

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by manny4life(m): 11:06pm On Nov 28, 2013
pmc01:

Please, let's fix further discussion for some other time, I sincerely request. My Ifunanya is fuming already, you won't be there to defend me, you know?

I take my leave for now please. Thank you for your understanding. cheesy

Oya go and attend to Ifunanya gi... No pressure.. grin
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Nobody: 11:07pm On Nov 28, 2013
manny4life:

While over speeding is a crime, if we're to weigh in on the same issue, when you over speed, they should seize your car, yet impound it and straight to auction... Besides, over speeding is a misdemeanor offense unless you DUI, the it's a felony.

Is over speeding a crime?
Is armed robbery a crime?
Is murder a crime?

If your answers to these 3 questions are Yes then I won't be wrong to tag the woman a criminal for hawking in a state that says no hawking.

Crime is crime. No one asked you to weigh it. Let the Judges do their job.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by tafrica(m): 11:07pm On Nov 28, 2013
rudedough:

You have freedom of speech.

You all don't know that in law, a crime is a crime. The gravity of the crime would be decided in a law court.

The term criminal doesn't mean a thief. Over speeding is a crime and you are termed a criminal for over speeding.

Armed robbers, murderers, traffic offenders or hawkers are all the same criminals. So don't take the word criminal out of contest.

I'm not being cold I'm only trying to be objective. As for killing people, I don't but know that we all die. You may be 99, a middle age man, a teenager, a baby, even a fetus. Death is inevitable.

Sad reality again

I have been following you for some days now, I think you are bright in your arguements. I only don't fall in love with you in your atheism, and you seem not to believe in new and great Nigeria......whc state are u from in Nigeria, Dr Dough?
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Nobody: 11:07pm On Nov 28, 2013
rudedough:

No! Real doctors have balls to suck up their emotions and do what has to be done.

You can call me whatever you like but the emotion thingy, i don't buy it. No hawking means no hawking.

Nigerians must learn to respect laws. The lawlessness and indiscipline in that $hithole of a country is just too much.
Dude calm down.
I think it's either you're honestly ignorant or deliberately misfiring.
If you had listened and watched with rapt attention you'd have noticed the woman is not even a street hawker to begin with.
She was only moving the goods she purchased from the market.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by pmc01(m): 11:09pm On Nov 28, 2013
manny4life:

If spelling it out helps your case, then so be it.

As far as I'm concerned, the dude dabbled on issues he has no idea about, talking about Petty Trading hurts small business, little does he know in economics, petty trading is regarded as "SMALL BUSINESS", they are the economic drivers of any successful nation, yet he's ranting nonsense. Is that the point you want me to understand?

I'm a humble person unless I cross pathetic fellows, then humility flies out the window.

A gentleman has no off-season. Try and and maintain decorum always , even in the face of provocation.

In life, there are no permanent enemies. Ciao!

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Roland17(m): 11:09pm On Nov 28, 2013
I could deal with this in-humane atrocity if it were a man, but it brings cold chills every time I realize it's a woman and a widow with children to feed..

She broke the law, but does that mean treating her with dignity and respect should also be thrown out of the window?

Please if anyone knows that woman genuinely I don't mind helping her with what I can offer.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by bokohalal(m): 11:10pm On Nov 28, 2013
manny4life:

God has returned your prayers back to you and we all say IJN one million times.... AMEN. cool
I do not believe in God. Save your breath.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Jman06(m): 11:11pm On Nov 28, 2013
Perhaps this is the sort of attitude some Nigerians want the president to display so as to be considered a 'strong' leader.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Edodude(m): 11:11pm On Nov 28, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwouurNf2Eo

For those that are criticizing Comrade Adams Oshiomhole have no idea that Benin City has become one big dirty market and must be stamped out. Even GRA is now a market place, trading everywhere. Street trading must be stopped with zero tolerance.
Nobody gave comment when he warned and let traders go but they came back again and again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcChwBghhT0
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Nobody: 11:12pm On Nov 28, 2013
Roland17:
She broke the law, but does that mean treating her with dignity and respect should also be thrown out of the window?
A lot of you are missing the point. She didn't break any law. Watch the video again.
She was only waiting for either a taxi or wheelbarrow-pusher to move the goods she just purchased from the market.
Watch again.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Eneze1(f): 11:13pm On Nov 28, 2013
His statement was really uncalled for, very bad coming from a Governor. When I told people that there is no little or no difference between this politicians, they will be arguing and fighting themselves on a faceless forum, can u now see
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by manny4life(m): 11:15pm On Nov 28, 2013
rudedough:

Is over speeding a crime?
Is armed robbery a crime?
Is murder a crime?

If your answers to these 3 questions are Yes then I won't be wrong to tag the woman a criminal for hawking in a state that says no hawking.

Crime is crime. No one asked you to weigh it. Let the Judges do their job.

Crime is a crime, yes she's a criminal and shitt, but guess what, even enforcers of the law are sympathetic.

My personal experience: Three weeks ago, I went to DMV to go get a replacement license, only to find out my DL had been suspended because I had a $210 unpaid ticket I never knew existed. Less than 3mins coming out of DMV, the police pulls me over, I faked like I was disturbed, and crying like shitt, I was shivering,

Officer: DL and Registration?

Me: Officer, my DL is lost and I showed him the paperwork from DMV as well as those forms you fill out.

The officer asked me several questions and asked me where I lived, told him about 15mins away. He told me "Sir, by law, I should give you a ticket, and arrest you and tow your car, but seeing that you did not know about this and your documents checks out, you have 15mins to get to your place and "DO NOT" drive your car again". Well guess what, my faking got to him and he was sympathetic and let me go.

By law, I had committed a crime for "unknowingly" operating a vehicle without a license, but was he sympathetic to my plea, HELL YES.

If it was Oshimole, my car would have been in auction even before I could say Obi is a boy. grin grin
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Whitecoal711: 11:15pm On Nov 28, 2013
a struggling widow his fall is ....
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Lusola15: 11:16pm On Nov 28, 2013
Am very disappointed at d governor.
Anyway I will contribute my own widows might. Plz let find her and Acct number.

We av no government
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by adino(m): 11:16pm On Nov 28, 2013
ronalmagic10: I strongly supported the ruggedness of oshiomole when he signed the death warrant of some kidnappers because I know that they deserved it. The menace in Benin city is becoming a habit and unbearable. However, this situation is pathetic. You meet a woman trading by the roadside, then you order your men to seize her goods even when she was on her knees pleading like her entire life depended on it. To make matters worse, you use derogatory words on her. I'm still in shock. This woman must really be going through a lot wherever she is. A widow with probably plenty kids.

Pls I want you guys to listen to the video very
well and tell me what oshiomole said on 1:33.
The woman said her late husband was a
policeman and I think I heard oshiomole saying
something nasty but I couldn't figure it out.

God help the poor people. I thank God everyday for my life cos I can't believe wat I see others go through

When she told oshomhole that her husband was late and a policeman. oshomole replied that it was her husband types that kill people on the road.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Nctrice(m): 11:19pm On Nov 28, 2013
una never see anything!!! shebi una want APC!, Tinubu and Buhari are yet to come with their own version, just give them power come 2015!!!
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by manny4life(m): 11:19pm On Nov 28, 2013
pmc01:

A gentleman has no off-season. Try and and maintain decorum always , even in the face of provocation.

In life, there are no permanent enemies. Ciao!

Bros, leave gentleman mata, not on NL ...

Anyway, happy Thanksgiving to yall, heading home to my mama's house to go eat my turkey. grin grin
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by BlueMagic2(m): 11:20pm On Nov 28, 2013
Absolute power corrupts. "When the people the govt there is tyranny, when the govt fears the people there is sanity" Nigerians will still sing his praises just like they sing Jonathan's praise. Nigerians deserve the govt it gets. I pity Nigerians, cos they don't get it & i doubt if they ever will.

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by ronalmagic10(m): 11:20pm On Nov 28, 2013
adino:

When she told oshomhole that her husband was late and a policeman. oshomole replied that it was her husband types that kill people on the road.

I wanted to be sure that's why I asked the question. Can you imagine how stupid his statement was? How did he come to that conclusion? Honestly, I have never seen a cold-hearted person like this man. I know a lot of people are worse but he's the worst I have seen. terrible
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by PhysicsQED(m): 11:20pm On Nov 28, 2013
Extremely disappointing behavior on Oshiomhole's part. Even if she wasn't supposed to be there, that's no excuse for insulting her so harshly.

At the very least, he needs to issue an apology and do something for the woman to at least try and make up for the humiliation and insult he subjected her to.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by bokohalal(m): 11:20pm On Nov 28, 2013
Reyginus: A lot of you are missing the point. She didn't break any law. Watch the video again.
She was only waiting for either a taxi or wheelbarrow-pusher to move the goods she just purchased from the market.
Watch again.
If that be the case then the woman gets my sympathy. If however she was street trading when caught,she should go and die.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Nobody: 11:21pm On Nov 28, 2013
coogar:

you are a disgrace to the university that have you your degree. scratch that, you can't even be a doctor with this bottom-level intelligence you have displayed here.

how can you compare this innocent woman to an armed robber, kidnapper or ritualist when all she's done was attempting to move her wares from one point to another?

i think the poverty in nigeria has desensitised the average nigerian. this is why many of you have no pity for this woman trying to eke a living. they say crime does not pay & yet they still seized this woman's wares.

rudedough, you should be ashamed of yourself for justifying this barbaric act from this irresponsible governor. if there's any justice in this world, amadioha shall impregnate you with 6 albino midgets.

onye nzuzu!

You have freedom of speech.

You should watch those emotions friend. You're raging now.

I'm not in Nigeria, I didn't study in Nigeria, I'm not practising in Nigeria. That country is a $hithole and your irrational behaviour is as a result of long term suffering and frustrations.

You've even accepted hawking as a norm and a way to create employment. I see Nigerians take crimes to mean Robbery, murder or what not.

Crime is breaking the law. She committed a crime and she will face the consequences.

Over speeding, DUI, loitering and wandering, armed robbery, murder, etc are 1 and the same crime. It's left for the court to decide which is capital or otherwise.

And unless you have a degree in law, I wouldn't advice you to dive into this kind of debate. You should rather pick a less complex discussion like football where you'll be more comfortable.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by BlueMagic2(m): 11:21pm On Nov 28, 2013
Absolute power corrupts. "When the people fear the govt there is tyranny, when the govt fears the people there is sanity" Nigerians will still sing his praises just like they sing Jonathan's praise. Nigerians deserve the govt it gets. I pity Nigerians, cos they don't get it & i doubt if they ever will.

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by theoctopus: 11:26pm On Nov 28, 2013
bokohalal: If you are a widow you now block walkways,litter the streets, cause traffic jams and or accidents?. First widow in the world,abi?.
Their illegal activity lead to flooding and subsequent loss of lives and property in the city.
The woman should go and die so that others may live.

You are an iddiot! terrorist and cultist like you! One day, God will judge you!
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 11:26pm On Nov 28, 2013
agbameta: Not surprised to see the usual suspects with their usual emotions and sentiments getting the best of their village and slum mentality...
Why are you always viewing evrything thru jaundiced political lens. No leader in any modern democracy should ever use such language ("go and die"wink on his followers, not to talk of a struggling widow. Btw, she might have lost her husband to hardship created by same looting govt. What has EMPEROR OSHIOMOLE done to alleviate poverty in Edo state. Or you dont know that hawking is done solely by the extremely poor?
Oshiomole could have had his way without using such "HEAVY" words, but just like the rest RATTLE SNAKEs we have all over the place as leaders in Nigeria(both APC and PDP), he decided not to bare only his fangs but struck with deadly venom.
The woman could manage loosing her goods, but SUICIDE might become an option for her with such words in her status.
AGBAMETA! AGBAMETA!! AGBAMETA!!! everything no be politics. This topic is an emotional one. Go to another topic and display your APC e-rodent skills.
As for you OSHIOMOLE, i wont tell you "go and die". But by your words and the tears shed by that poor widow "YOUR CHILDREN SHALL LIVE TO BEG BREAD CRUMBS FROM THE HANDS OF THAT PARTICULAR WIDOW's CHILDREN".
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by GodsSon5(m): 11:27pm On Nov 28, 2013
payless: That is very bad of the Governor. He needs to apologise.

This is what you get after 14 year rule of PDP.

I haven't cried in a long time, I had tears in my eyes this morning. I was pained seeing that lady. If anyone can find me the crying widow, I have a $500 for her to launch her business again.

You can follow @omojuwa on twitter he is arranging a package for the widow....God bless your heart.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by adino(m): 11:27pm On Nov 28, 2013
ifyalways: [b]Im really struggling not to abuse some people here. I mean are y'all daft or your eyes are on vacation. Gosh !

Bus stopped this woman at side A of the street with her wares. She stays at side B and has to cross with her wares. Whell barrows/truck pushers cant cross the highway to carry her wares so her only option was to find help or keep them on the walk way temporarily,then probably load on her head and cross to side B.

Oshimole caught her while she was about to do.

Now,common sense,i mean even a day old baby can tell that the woman is not hawking anything by the road side. For God's sake those are ctns of satchet tomatoes,cheese balls,bobo juice,canoe soap,omo detergent ,indomie noodles and all are sealed. It's so obvious! so freaking obvious.

How could anyone be this daft and mean,so careless with words and so wicked at heart? How ?

Perhaps this woman took LAPO loan? She might have borrowed from mkt women contribution? One of the late husbands siblings might have cursed her out before giving her that money? All that gone.Not just that but also asked to go and die?

God. I cannot fathom this.[/b]

@Ify,
please watch the video again at about 1:33, the woman told the Come-Raid governor that her husband was a policeman and he is late. Oshomole told her to her face that it is her husband type that kill people on the road.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Elgaxton(m): 11:28pm On Nov 28, 2013
Nigerians and their sentiments sha... please what was her crime?

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (34) (Reply)

How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka / Donald Duke And Wife Their Monster Bike At Calabar Bikers Carnival (Photos) / Akwa Ibom International Worship Centre, Uyo Building: A White Elephant Project?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64