Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,017 members, 7,806,972 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

Bbm Series - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Bbm Series (1097 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bbm Series by bjennifer: 2:57pm On Nov 28, 2013
Hi NLers, for most of us who happen to use the bbm app. You'd definitely agree with me that its got a lot of drama that comes along with it especially from our contacts. Well here are some of mine I would like to share and I hope you would also chip in yours as well. Hoping to hear from you...

PING
Blackberry or BB as it is commonly known as has become a trend that has gradually overtaken the youths and may I say some adullts of our generation. This trend has set a pace for its users, most times our days are not complete without our BB at hand especially with the ever evolving social media networking sites and pinging which is a unique feature of the phone.
Pinging as we all know it is done using the Blackberry Messenger or BBM for short. It has become so widely spread that it has taken the place of our phone number. In other words, people will no longer ask you for your phone number but will go ahead to ask for your pin, that is in a scenario where both parties use a 'BB'.
The Blackberry Messenger has its own advantages and disadvantages. Such advantages include;
-Cost effective- getting in touch with your contact is just a ping away. You can chat whenever you like
-Quick and easy form of description using your display picture.
-Conference chats with as many contacts. These and many more are some advantages. So you ask, what are the opposite sides to this trend...
-Familiarity or would I say too much familiarity which in itself causes strain in a relationship. I have about 70 contacts and I still get bored because we chat so often and maybe not soo much
-'hi'
-'hi'
-'how are you'
-'ok'
-'kk'
Basically that's how 'most' chats go(whether you chose to admit it or not).
-Imposition- most of the time, we see people trying to impose on our privacy. Truthfully, you have no privacy on the BBM because you cannot switch it off, you are 24/7 on as long as your subscription is on.
-In some cases, our family members act as watchdogs monitoring the things we do. We are unable to put up certain pictures because it is not to their moral standards. Now I can hear someone say 'who cares'. Well when you have your Dad, Mum, Uncle, Aunty, Sister, Nephew, Niece and Brother all as your contact then you would or maybe not!
Like they say everything that has a good side comes with its opposite side. Once I met a friend during my passing out parade, we tried to rekindle camp days but due to the fact that I was in a hurry he decided to take my contact, in this case happened to be my pin. We immediately exchanged pins and added each other. We started pinging and he decided to come over to my place for a visit. I obliged and told him my location and direction but not completely. He took on the journey and I was able to direct him to an extent before the worst happened....... my phone went off. I was panicking, thinking of what to do, I decided to put my sim card into another phone. I did this only to realise I did not have his number. I felt sick immediately, different thoughts crossed my mind 'the brother would definitely think I wasn't really interested in him coming over'. I felt so bad with him and myself, blaming him in my head for asking for just my pin. Well there....... Lesson learnt!!!
He ended up turning back home when he got no buzz from me. From then on, I give out my phone number where 'necessary' before considering my pin because no matter how cheap or cost effective it is, it cannot really take on the place of a phone number!
Re: Bbm Series by bjennifer: 3:03pm On Nov 28, 2013
Broadcasts
For most BB users or would I say all, the most dreaded message we all do not like to receive is 'chorus'....... BROADCAST or BC like it is mostly called. You wake up in the morning you're happy, you check your BB, you even get more excited at the sight of the red light 'oh there, someone thought of me this early' you check and you have about 13 messages. The grin on your face gets wider, you open them one by one and they all turn up to be BC's saying 'HAPPY NEW MONTH' at this point you really want to kill someone, like what the... I mean really, people won't ordinarily send you Happy New Month messages if their credit was at stake the way they would on BBM, it is that annoying! If you feel it necessary to send out a Happy New Month message, how about just putting it on your PM or send it as a text message, that way you don't get to give people like me a hard time every first day of the month! In some cases it may not be a new month message but one telling you to save Amy, Martha or Sarah by broadcasting to all your contacts, most of which are just scams.
As a new user, I really obliged to re-broadcasting all the BC's I got. My friend's got 'pissed' and some would let me know that they weren't true especially my cousin who knows how to spot a spam BC!
Recently, my display picture refused to change and I had no idea what to do. Prior to that, a friend of mine had sent me a BC saying ' if your display picture refuses to change send this message to all your contacts with the code ###'. With no other option in mind I sent it to all of my contacts hoping for a miracle. Apparently I wasn't the only one having 'dp' issues, in fact most BB users had the same problem. I got back the same BC from some of my contacts still it wasn't changing. I was upset as it was my friends birthday and I had put up his picture since 12am only to realise it hadn't changed.
At this juncture, Dayo a friend of mine (and also a contact, who doesn't like to be 'yabbed' or made jest of) decided to send me a joke by @klintTheDrunk and it reads "Its called a smart phone and yet it is used by dumb people. How will a BC help change ur dp...." I was BOILING, I wanted to really give him a taste of my 'yabbing' skillz(which he is well aware of) instead I told him...."its funny how you are ok doing to others what you wouldn't want them to do to you." As much as I felt foolish for sending that BC hoping it would help in changing my dp, I was not about to accept an insult from a friend who doesn't take to such himself!
Yeah, BC's are annoying but not so annoying as some of our contacts!!!
Re: Bbm Series by bjennifer: 3:05pm On Nov 28, 2013
I have some cwazyyy contacts though, I only hope they aren't on NL..... Will keep in touch.
Re: Bbm Series by Sheenor: 3:38pm On Nov 28, 2013
Bbm series indeed........lolx......nyc1 @op.....wil b much arnd til yuh step by again........

1 Like

Re: Bbm Series by bjennifer: 7:04pm On Dec 06, 2013
Friends
If anything, I love to yab like crazy, I look forward to the person that wouldn't feel biased by my lashing but most folks took them personal instead. This particular saturday, I got a puzzle from my friend on my BB and since I wasn't so busy I decided to try and solve it. As a sharp gal I got the answers correctly and sent it back to the sender. He was impressed and I decided to send one of my own puzzle to him and the guy just did what we called in secondary school "wuru wuru to the answer". He got it right no doubt but he couldn't just tell me how he came about the answer. Instead of telling me he probably guessed or asked someone he started dissing me. I didn't waste anytime in telling him to go bury himself where the moon don't shine and gave him a good lashing. Thinking he would feel offended he retaliated giving me the best lashing I have received till date. Boy was I impressed that I had found a dissing mate who wasn't just good but better than I was.
From then on we got soo close and from just saying hello, hi, we talked late into the night till the wee hours of the morning. I guess you find a friend when he/she takes that annoying part of you and makes you feel better about it. I was totally loving this friendship!!!

2 Likes

Re: Bbm Series by princesa(f): 8:34pm On Dec 06, 2013
Enjoying the story. I need to get me a bb soonsmiley
Re: Bbm Series by Sheenor: 9:55pm On Dec 06, 2013
loving what am reading so far..........and learning aw to roll better wit ma bbm pals....
Re: Bbm Series by bjennifer: 1:54am On Dec 08, 2013
Friends 11
So I and my dissing mate who I would refer to as Edward, became extremly close on bbm. Early in the morning when I wake I already have a message from him saying 'Goodmorning' it always gave me jitters because I never thought we could be that close just from dissing each other. I came to know a lot about him and he too about me. Days and weeks went by and the flow never stopped. We hadn't seen one another in a while, and usually when we do its nothing out of the ordinary. Hello, hi and small talks. So when we eventually met I couldn't but admit to myself that something was definitely different, I was begining to really like my bbm.......uhmmm I meant Edward.
All the things I never saw in him before started flashing through my eyes, his charm, smooth talking, caring attitude and more all just made me want to grab at him. "Cool it babe", I had to tell myself because most guys wouldn't want a girl who makes the first move and moreover I never wanted to be turned down. So I had to settle for the chats on bbm which lasted most times till 2am.
You'd wonder what people talk about till that time especially opposite sexs but we mainly talked about our life history, music and movies. I enjoyed every minute of it and couldn't wait for the next day.
The chats were keeping the boredom away as I was home waiting for my call up letter. I would send him voice notes dissing him and he would reply lashing me with hard strokes. Now that voice, I didn't mind replaying over and over again cos I couldn't get enough of it. He definitely was a charmer. The day he got to sing to me, looking straight into my eyes I thought my legs would give way. Was he feeling the same way as I was, I couldn't be certain because the ways of guys can be very tricky, very tricky indeed.
I decided to hold it in and never let him know.Chat,chat and chat we did and soon months flew by and before you knew it, it was "hello", "hi" "bye" just as it was in the begining... And just like a circle, we were back to the point we started. I wasn't ready to push it and I guess he wasn't intending to pull, but it was nice to have him as my best dissing mate ever!
Re: Bbm Series by princesa(f): 6:28pm On Dec 08, 2013
Rule no 1: internet thingy are not worth the extra time or feeling, they are always fun while they lasted. Then dust off, and move on to the next catch.

Keep 'em coming.
Re: Bbm Series by Nobody: 9:40pm On Dec 08, 2013
I came here cos of Princessa.. Saw her post as d last comment..and i already concluded d story to be worth it.. #following
Re: Bbm Series by princesa(f): 9:51pm On Dec 08, 2013
^ you're in trend sister, cos I go for the best.

Welcome and I hope you're getting your time's worth.smiley
Re: Bbm Series by bjennifer: 9:51pm On Dec 08, 2013
princesa: Rule no 1: internet thingy are not worth the extra time or feeling, they are always fun while they lasted. Then dust off, and move on to the next catch.

Keep 'em coming.
Thanks princesa! I sure will...
Re: Bbm Series by bjennifer: 9:57pm On Dec 08, 2013
folly65: I came here cos of Princessa.. Saw her post as d last comment..and i already concluded d story to be worth it.. #following
Bliv me, I feel same way tooo. Hope I get u glued.
Re: Bbm Series by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 08, 2013
princesa: ^ you're in trend sister, cos I go for the best.

Welcome and I hope you're getting your time's worth.smiley
U go for d best and u're also one of d best..taking chances still rings a loud bell in my head o

1 Like

Re: Bbm Series by Nobody: 10:02pm On Dec 08, 2013
I'm already glued cheesy
Re: Bbm Series by bjennifer: 11:39pm On Dec 08, 2013
Old connect

As much as I love to ping, sometimes I really get tired of it and at other times I get short on cash for bis so I jet off for a while. Initially when I just got a bb, whenever I've been off for a while and come on I sometimes realise some of my contacts are missing and so I thought there must be a device that just removes them whenever I'm off, till my friend made me understand that, "babe, they deleted you"! It was harsh though but sometimes that was the case. On the other hand,it happens that they lose all their contacts due to formating.
As much as I feel bad sometimes I also do some deleting myself so I can't blame anyone. Some contacts can become a pain in the neck as a result of unending bc's and crazyy dp's.
A particular friend of mine sent me a request on bbm,we were really close back in school and dated for a while till we had a misunderstanding and stopped communicating. So you can imagine my dillemma as I thought back and forth on whether to add him or delete his request. It was kind of frustrating as I was in need of his company cos he really understood me and on the other hand I couldn't stop recalling the misunderstanding we had. At the end, I deleted his request. I couldn't help but think if I really made the right decision...I calmed down reaasuring myself I did the right thing.
I lost a very close relation a few weeks later, I was so devastated and sad. I really needed to talk to someone but not just anyone, and who came to mind? None other than my friend whose request I relected! At this juncture I felt no shame, I sent him a request and your guess is as good as mine, he refused to accept it.
I quicly told a friend of ours who also happens to be on my contact list to put us on a conference chat which she did.... I said hi and asked him why he didn't add me(like I wasn't already aware of the answer to that) to which he said "you deleted my request when I wanted to add you" and I replied that I was soo sorry for what I did and to please accept my request. At that moment I would have really begged just for him to add me up. Immediately he did, I poured out my heart to him and how I felt. It was soo good and I was relieved. Nothing like bearing your heart out to a friend. Although I didn't get the feedback I expected or feel the same way I would back when we were in school, I was just grateful to have a friend to talk to at that moment. And if you were expecting we'd end up back again or have regular chats well you'd have guessed wrong cos we barely chat. The most we do is BC(Broadcast)mostly on his part and although its annoying that thing called 'BC', I can't help but say I called for it! Afterall, a friend in need is a friend....................(complete as u wish)

2 Likes

Re: Bbm Series by Sheenor: 8:05am On Dec 09, 2013
Fascinating..........as this thread is going, i guess we would have much of yur unending bbm series.....well, jst want 2 remind yuh not to skip any of thee and drop 'em as yuh remember....the Lord is gud....grin grin
Re: Bbm Series by bjennifer: 12:20pm On Dec 09, 2013
Sheenor: Fascinating..........as this thread is going, i guess we would have much of yur unending bbm series.....well, jst want 2 remind yuh not to skip any of thee and drop 'em as yuh remember....the Lord is gud....grin grin
wink wink thanks. Will keep it coming!
Re: Bbm Series by bjennifer: 10:41pm On Dec 11, 2013
Michael
Sometimes I get to delete some of my contacts for different reasons, like I said earliar, it might be due to a lot of indecent pictures they put up on their dp's or the never ending bc's that are of no use! And at other times, I just get depressed and just decide to delete some I have not chatted with in a long while.(Now the latter is what I find facinating myself). In all of the contacts I've deleted, none do I regret except for Michael.
I get tired of chatting on bbm sometimes and out of boredom I decided to go on badoo and that is where I met Michael. I got to later find out that most guys have the perception that ladies on there are mostly h**s which I find scary because I definitely I'm not! Anyway I met Michael and to be honest I was first and foremost attracted to his looks *winks* he is Fine!!! And believe me I know a fine brother when I see one... Uhhhhuhhhhh. Lol! So we got talking and we exchanged pins, now I don't do that often but for him I made an exception. Now I didn't just do that because of his looks, he was also intelligent and I found him interesting to talk to.
Got to know a little about him, was still serving about that time and he also had a nice voice which I swooned over. Infact I had a crush on him! But as usual I could never let him know so all we did was chat on a friendly note which was quite boring for me. And before you know it, we hardly even pinged one another. It went on for a while and on the day depression set in, I took it out on his pin and that's how I lost him... I wish I didn't do that though because I deleted my badoo app. not long after I added him to my bbm, so on getting to my senses I decided to go back and search for him but search all I did, I didn't find. I still feel a little sad cos he was soo coool but my depressed mood got the better of me.
I found another Michael though, who just happens to look like him and both share the same age... (Some coincidence). No matter how depressed I get, deleting him or any other person sure isn't an option cos I don't wanna regret the way I did with Michael!

2 Likes

Re: Bbm Series by Sheenor: 7:03am On Dec 12, 2013
Eyaa.....delete don suffer for yur hand oh.....
Re: Bbm Series by Sowhizy(f): 7:27pm On Dec 15, 2013
#smile# Following grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Before Rapture / An Amateur Script Writer Wanted / The Best Book You've Read So Far In 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.