Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,243 members, 7,807,820 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:54 PM

Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling (8418 Views)

Protest Going On At The Glass House In VI (photos) / FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss / Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 28, 2013
Recently at my workplace a mild furore developed when a digruntled female employee almost went into fisticuffs with the HR manager who is a woman because she wasn't given a top position which she was duly qualified for, instead the position went to a less qualified male candidate. The lady alleged that the Glass ceiling has reared its head again.

I didn't know what the glass ceiling was until that moment, I googled it and came to have a basic understanding of what it meant.While the phrase glass ceiling is metaphorical, many women who find themselves bumping their heads on it find it very real indeed. It is most often used to describe the sexist attitude many women run into at the workplace. In a discussion of ascending the corporate ladder, the word “ceiling” implies that there is a limit to how far someone can climb it. Along with this implied barrier is the idea that it is glass, meaning that, while it is very real, it is transparent and not obvious to the observer.

The term is most often applied in business situations in which women feel, either accurately or not, that men are deeply entrenched in the upper echelons of power, and women, try as they might, find it nearly impossible to break through.

If you ask me I'd say he glass ceiling is hateful women who sabotage other women. Period. Men who hate women are a very very small part of what constitutes the glass ceiling today. Start looking at the woman hating behavior of women themselves and you'll see what the glass ceiling really is.

WOMEN HATE WOMEN!!!

5 Likes

Re: Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:00pm On Nov 29, 2013
I am not a woman sha . .

but anywayz,

I thank the GODS ALMIGHTY for born me as a Traditionalist in this life.

I pray that my Nigeria bros and sis see the [size=18pt]LIGHT[/size] and [size=18pt]TRUTH[/size] of the way of the GODS and

[size=18pt]RE[/size] convert to their PAGAN FAITHS of their respective [size=18pt]TRIBES[/size] .

THE GODS BLESS NIGERIA! cool

(1st to comment tinz. .)

3 Likes

Re: Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling by obalampard(m): 2:00pm On Nov 29, 2013
2 cheesy Moving higher grin

Almost dere cool
Re: Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling by mazizitonene(m): 2:01pm On Nov 29, 2013
Na wa
Re: Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling by Akshow: 2:02pm On Nov 29, 2013
Space for sale
Re: Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:03pm On Nov 29, 2013
Akshow: Space for sale

how much?
Re: Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling by angelz(f): 2:05pm On Nov 29, 2013
Women have always hate women. There are some words that are characteristics of women. such as jealousy, envy. competition, hatred etc.
When a woman is a position, she doesn't want a fellow woman there or at par.
In my office there is serious competition among women, esp married ones.
Not that this problem doesnt exist among men, it more among women.
All the vices in this world is evident more in women than men.
Though am a lady, but l tried am much as possible not to exhibit attitudes common with most ladies/women today.
I can identify this problem esp in my former office when l had a female boss.

4 Likes

Re: Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling by NadiaSA1(f): 2:05pm On Nov 29, 2013
Thnk God I'm not a woman

1 Like

Re: Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling by yomalex(m): 2:06pm On Nov 29, 2013
file a complaint or is suing an option?
Re: Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling by mrphysics(m): 2:06pm On Nov 29, 2013
i made it again. WHAT ON EARTH IS NOT PHYSICS
Re: Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling by yomalex(m): 2:07pm On Nov 29, 2013
Nadia_SA1: Thnk God I'm not a woman
lol
Re: Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling by Danhumprey: 2:12pm On Nov 29, 2013
You wish! undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling by Danhumprey: 2:14pm On Nov 29, 2013
It's a known fact that women hate themselves. Period! It's been like that for age. undecided undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling by Gates174(m): 2:14pm On Nov 29, 2013
There's improvement, i 'll get there someday... That day, i 'll be like, started from the bottom...
Re: Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling by yuzedo: 2:15pm On Nov 29, 2013
op bro. POP is better for your office celing. i used POP in my Banana Iceland mansion and it looook like a sweet castle. smiley

for your qaulity celing plis phone kenechuku and son nigeria - 0806344978. is better so nobody looook your nyash from downstare if u use glass for celing. tenk. smiley

19 Likes

Re: Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling by greatwaters: 2:18pm On Nov 29, 2013
What!!!
So Ikechukwu is gay.

1 Like

Re: Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling by Klinee: 2:18pm On Nov 29, 2013
Anybody have right to make anyone he/she feels that will handle his/her firm well irrespective of gender. But majority mostly consider males because they feels that males are more competent.Is not that they hate women but its effect of nature. Naturally males are more competent than women. So if u want to change it go ask God who made us,that is why gender can never be equal no matter the promotion it

2 Likes

Re: Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling by IbokUtoroh(m): 2:21pm On Nov 29, 2013
sharp guy, marketng thngs witout even readng d piece. for ya mind u thnk say d ceilng for d office don spoil. dat igbo boy

1 Like

Re: Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling by Teespice(f): 2:23pm On Nov 29, 2013
old gist. women are their own enemies.

they are like crabs in a bucket. when one is attmepting to climb up, the others use all the powers in their disposal to drag them down.

so it is not today. undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling by safarigirl(f): 2:32pm On Nov 29, 2013
As much as some would want to reject this view. The truth is, women just don't like their fellow women, they always feel this strange urge to outshine, outdo and outclass each other as opposed to men who don't see the need to do same. Not to say some men don't try to be better than others, but on the average, there isn't as much competition as with women. Perhaps because the society has put men on a pedestal above women so they may not feel the need to prove themselves like women do. It's a psychological thing.

1 Like

Re: Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling by KillMoves: 2:33pm On Nov 29, 2013
Re: Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling by misterjosh(m): 2:33pm On Nov 29, 2013
angry I knw I will still b d first to comment on day...
Re: Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling by Dynast(m): 2:35pm On Nov 29, 2013
Dont you know that up to four men can live in a room and be comfortable cooking and eating together. But same number of women will be cooking differently with quarrels now and then
Re: Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling by NosoChic: 2:38pm On Nov 29, 2013
Trademark of most women is ENVY and JEALOUSY so it ain't new WE WOMEN ARE OUR OWN WORST ENEMIES.

3 Likes

Re: Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling by chike4: 2:42pm On Nov 29, 2013
Jus like when that woman tried to contest for presidential election.. Abeg what's that her name sef,? She ended up swearing for the entire nigerian women for not even giving her α̲̅ single vote... I laugh taya ;DJus like when that woman tried to contest for presidential election.. Abeg what's that her name sef,? She ended up swearing for the entire nigerian women for not even giving her α̲̅ single vote... I laugh taya
Re: Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling by imsuboi(m): 2:51pm On Nov 29, 2013
yuzedo: op bro. POP is better for your office celing. i used POP in my Banana Iceland mansion and it looook like a sweet castle. smiley

for your qaulity celing plis phone kenechuku and son nigeria - 0806344978. is better so nobody looook your nyash from downstare if u use glass for celing. tenk. smiley

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling by pickabeau1: 3:13pm On Nov 29, 2013
Are you insinuating women are the cause of the glass ceiling
Re: Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling by Kelklein(m): 3:14pm On Nov 29, 2013
[size=20pt]like seriously..I don't understand what this poSt is all about..pls who can subtitle them in basic English.. [/size]
Re: Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 29, 2013
chike*:
Jus like when that woman tried to contest for presidential election.. Abeg what's that her name sef, She ended up swearing for the entire nigerian women for not even giving her α̲̅ single vote... I laugh taya ;DJus like when that woman tried to contest for presidential election.. Abeg what's that her name sef,? She ended up swearing for the entire nigerian women for not even giving her α̲̅ single vote... I laugh taya

SARAH JUBRIL.

But op your wrong on one account, she got one vote

The one she cast for herself
Re: Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling by rman: 3:15pm On Nov 29, 2013
@OP
Are you sure it was because your HR manager is a woman, that's why she didn't pick a woman (women hating women syndrome)or the better candidate got the job?

Corporate organization are becoming smarter by the day and automatically promoting people into position because they are the best qualified in terms of experience is no longer the norm. I have seen cases where even people that have acted in a senior position for months lost out to candidates that has never worked in that capacity before.

Do you know why? Some employees are not really ambitious, they only mark time thinking it will soon be my turn. They show very little interest in what they do daily and you will be surprised during the interview process a less qualified candidate will be more impressive during the interview. In such cases, the one you called less qualified will get the job. The era of "it is my turn" is over. You have to prove during the interview process you are the best.

I once picked up a job that my boss and colleagues said I will never be invited for the interview because it requires minimum of five years relevant experience while I had only 6 months. I got the job! I thought it was a joke when I was called from HR to come pick up up a letter for my new role. I couldn't help but ask why didn't they pick the others with years of experience and better qualification, and the HR rep said " we all agreed you were the best during the process". The reason I was called was made to me later. Everyone, believed a particular candidate will get the job, some did not even bother applying. Unfortunately for this preferred candidate, he made the worst presentation of all. If you were to make a decision in such a scenario, will you still go ahead and pick such a candidate?

I'm not saying that's what happened in your case but sometimes proper investigation of what really happened may completely be different from what you are trying to make us believe.

Women hating women may be true but in serious organization such things don't come into play in selection process.

2 Likes

Re: Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 29, 2013
pickabeau1: Are you insinuating women are the cause of the glass ceiling

No I did insinuate that... But what I meant to share th light on iss the very visible pull her downism that's evident amongst women.... That doesn't obtain when the male the male folks are concerned

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Is Equivalent To Success, Hard Work, Smartwork, Luck? / Doctors Or Nurses: Who Should Get Better Pay? / Cross River Workers Begin Indefinite Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.