Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,837 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:44 PM

IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide (13638 Views)

Medical Students To Spend 11 Years In Varsity − NUC / Lecturers Promise To End Sexual Harassment & Extortion Of Students On Campuses / Fashola Orders Scrapping Of Laspotech’s Satellite Campuses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by Rednaxelot: 8:09pm On Nov 28, 2013
The Inspector-General of Police, Mr Mohammed Abubakar, has ordered immediate provision of adequate security in and around university campuses nationwide.

This is contained in a statement issued by CSP Frank Mba, the Force Public Relations Officer, on Thursday in Abuja.

The statement said the measure was designed to secure life and property in the institutions and provide enabling environment for lecturers, students and other members of staff to go about their lawful businesses without hindrance.

“The directive is a proactive and confidence-boosting measure designed to ensure that nothing untoward happens in our academic communities,” it said.

The statement directed all Command Commissioners of Police to personally oversee the intensification of surveillance in universities in their states.

It ordered them to “take all necessary security measures needed to provide for the safety and security of members of staff and students as well as property within the various Campuses”.

It urged lecturers, students and Nigerians within the institutions to remain law-abiding and go about their legitimate businesses without fear of molestation or intimidation from any quarters.

It will be recalled that the Federal Government on Thursday gave universities lecturers, who had been on strike since July, one week ultimatum to resume academic activities.

Meanwhile, the I-G has urged officers and men of the force, who would be involved in the supplementary election in Anambra supplementary election on Saturday to remain steadfast.

He said they should be focused and neutral, as well as exhibit the highest level of professionalism.

He reassured the people of adequate security in the state during the election, promising that the force would continue to maintain optimal presence in Anambra till the end of the election.

The police boss called on the people to cooperate with the police and other security agencies in ensuring an atmosphere of peace and order throughout the election.

Abubakar also urged politicians, traditional rulers, and opinion leaders in the state to play by the rules and help in educating their followers on the need to allow INEC and other government agencies to conclude the election. (NAN)
courtesy
Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by mmimahbub(m): 11:27pm On Nov 28, 2013
Catching a snake by it's tail! How would that resolve the ongoing strike?
Wait! I'm 1st to commen for d first time in my history of nairaland! grin cool *dancingSkelewu* *skelelelewu*
Special thanks to Etisalat, friends, Oga Seun and nairaland well wishers!
But for the Gang of Hating and Jealousy Affairs, all I can say is "By their comments ye shall knowth them" grin

2 Likes

Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by alotofgrace(m): 11:27pm On Nov 28, 2013
grin grin grin

what happens to those paapas?

ZOMBIES IN THE BIBLE?
http://abume4life..com/2013/10/zombies-in-bible.html
Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by Sagytarius(m): 11:28pm On Nov 28, 2013
Moving up sha. I know I'll get there someday. embarassed
Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by sgd: 11:28pm On Nov 28, 2013
Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by Eneze1(f): 11:29pm On Nov 28, 2013
Students prepare to return to school

1 Like

Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by fashoo2010(m): 11:29pm On Nov 28, 2013
Na wa oooo...dis FG action will only prolong d strike,its better they solve it amicably
Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by slap1(m): 11:30pm On Nov 28, 2013
*yawns*
Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by agrovick(m): 11:32pm On Nov 28, 2013
Men, this shi.t is getting serious. ASUU bet y
Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by Aromas: 11:32pm On Nov 28, 2013
fashoo2010: Na wa oooo...dis FG action will only prolong d strike,its better they solve it amicably

Abi o my broda
Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by Sagytarius(m): 11:33pm On Nov 28, 2013
Na who get BB charger for hia?

1 Like

Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by wasak(m): 11:33pm On Nov 28, 2013
hmmmmmmm frontpage again....
Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by Nobody: 11:34pm On Nov 28, 2013
I'm sure many students ll prefer to resume in January. The year is now gone.

3 Likes

Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by laivwire(m): 11:35pm On Nov 28, 2013
I smell oppression in the making. Don't universities have their security outfits? At least I knw U.I's got abefele. What's with the added security? I see this as a way of hindering any protest or disagreements actions that might come up. Where were the security men when students were killed by those boko people.abi no be the same police wey dey beg for 'anything for us' yesterday. Abeg, these guys shld settle their kwanta sharperly and stop flexing muscle

4 Likes

Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by astronautog(m): 11:36pm On Nov 28, 2013
Beware of boko and poko
Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by 1313(m): 11:36pm On Nov 28, 2013
If the federal government is sincere in their promise to ASUU, why can't they sign that agreement? Verbal agreement in this country is a deceptive strategy to push this issue aside. Why give them ultimatum when it comes to making your agreement formal and binding? I trust ASUU. Let's wait and see how the drama unfolds.

8 Likes

Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by jj9ice(m): 11:36pm On Nov 28, 2013
our president lack what it takes to be a leader, this is just the beginning of war, season one has just finished after 5 months +, season has jus begun, , my president has been advised finally to use force by those who call the shot and control my puppet ruler. im really enjoying the strike ooooo

5 Likes

Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by Nobody: 11:36pm On Nov 28, 2013
Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by Nobody: 11:36pm On Nov 28, 2013
I have a Dream, dat 1 day, I'll be d first to comment. grin
Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by Royaldee: 11:38pm On Nov 28, 2013
Something is fishy here

1 Like

Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by jj9ice(m): 11:38pm On Nov 28, 2013
1313: If the federal government is sincere in their promise to ASUU, why can't they sign that agreement? Verbal agreement in this country is a deceptive strategy to push this issue aside. Why give them ultimatum when it comes to making your agreement formal and binding? I trust ASUU. Let's wait and see how the drama unfolds.
im also watching in 3D
Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by Aromas: 11:38pm On Nov 28, 2013
a U-TURN goat is more dangerous than a dog who's chasing someone!!! Nigeria leaders should stop playing with our educations both from basic education to higher institution.

2 Likes

Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by mmimahbub(m): 11:43pm On Nov 28, 2013
Aromas: a U-TURN goat is more dangerous than a dog who's chasing someone!!! Nigeria leaders should stop playing with our educations both from basic education to higher institution.
grin grin grin Goat pursue you before? Abeg gist us nah.

3 Likes

Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by Nobody: 11:44pm On Nov 28, 2013
I want to buy that space, how much?
mmi-mahbub:
Catching a snake by it's tail! How would that resolve the ongoing strike?
Wait! I'm 1st to commen for d first time in my history of nairaland! grin cool *dancingSkelewu* *skelelelewu*
Special thanks to Etisalat, friends, Oga Seun and nairaland well wishers!
But for the Gang of Hating and Jealousy Affairs, all I can say is "By their comments ye shall knowth them" grin
Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by idamokoemmanuel(m): 11:45pm On Nov 28, 2013
If i may ask, what is the essence of sending the police to the institutions, is it to stop any protest by the ASUU members or what because to me i don't see any good reasons for sending police to the universities because we have school security already in the schools.

1 Like

Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by samtin(m): 11:45pm On Nov 28, 2013
presido GEJ is the best man for naija.... he makes sure he exhaust all options needed for peaceful negotiations.. before plan B... SOE testifies.... ASUU is abt to go down... time to ban ASUU... retarded our lives bunch of old fools

13 Likes

Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by itsIYKE(m): 11:45pm On Nov 28, 2013
Sagytarius: Na who get BB charger for hia?
were u xpecting likes for this sh1t?

1 Like

Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by GboyegaD(m): 11:45pm On Nov 28, 2013
It only tells that the Federal Government is not willing to honor the recent agreement with ASUU. Too bad how our leaders acts like autocrats in a democratic system.

2 Likes

Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by mmimahbub(m): 11:46pm On Nov 28, 2013
thisisayus: I want to buy that space, how much?
Are you Ibo? #NoOffence
Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by Nobody: 11:47pm On Nov 28, 2013
I see lots of lecturers protesting after being sacked - clue from this action by IGP

Prof Corruption: I'm sure many students ll prefer to resume in January. The year is now gone.

Are u alright Which many students

4 Likes

Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by samtin(m): 11:47pm On Nov 28, 2013
idamokoemmanuel: If i may ask, what is the essence of sending the police to the institutions, is it to stop any protest by the ASUU members or what because to me i don't see any good reasons for sending police to the universities because we have school security already in the schools.
ASUU may use bo.ko to stop students cos it has becom political

1 Like

Re: IGP Orders Adequate Security In Varsity Campuses Nationwide by gbeseun(m): 11:47pm On Nov 28, 2013
When will seun hear my prayer,I wan to b on front page things na,abi na end time things,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2008 NDA FORMS ARE NOW AVAILABLE / Uniben Emerges First African University To Reach Petrobowl Championship Finals / Sos Transcript From Unilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.