Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:31 AM

ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers (31624 Views)

Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities / Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by dabrake(m): 11:52pm On Nov 28, 2013
The Academic Staff Union of Universities has said the Federal Government’s December 4 ultimatum issued to universities teachers to return to the classrooms is a clear indication that the government is not committed to implementing any of the resolutions it reached with the union.
While reacting to the threat of the Federal Government to sack the lecturers if they fail to call off their five-month strike by Wednesday nest week, ASUU National Treasurer, Dr. Ademola Aremu, said the union was shocked that the government could have such plan when there was a shortfall of 60,000 lecturers in Nigerian universities, owing to the government’s failure to employ enough teachers.

He added that the threat would not hinder the union’s determination to ensure that Nigerian universities were well funded.
He said, “It is a pity if the Federal Government is not willing to perfect the resolutions reached with the union. This is why we find it difficult to trust our leaders by their words. How can someone be threatening to sack lecturers when universities are already short-staffed by almost 60,000? We are not in a military era. The military tried it and failed. This one will fail again. They can re-open the schools. ASUU did not shut the universities; it was the school management that ordered the students to go back home.”
ASUU added that the FG was wasting the time of Nigerians and youths in the country by failing to perfect the resolutions so that classes could resume in the schools.
Making reference to the failure of the government to honour the agreements it entered with resident doctors and health workers after they suspended their strikes, the union said it had reasons to be wary of the government, adding that the threat was an insult to the sensibilities of Nigerians who were waiting for the government for a positive reaction.
“With the latest action, the government has shown that it is not committed to all it has been saying. We are saying that since we agreed at the meeting that the sum of N200bn is for 2012 and 2013 revitalisation, the government should deposit same in the Central Bank of Nigerian. We are already in November and December is around the corner. If they don’t do that now, when do they want to do it?” Aremu said.

http://www.punchng.com/news/ASUU-dismisses-fgs-threat-to-sack-lecturers/

5 Likes

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by chimex38: 11:57pm On Nov 28, 2013
To ASUU president, until sack letter appear 4 ur table, ur eye go clear.
U go tell me whether na FG. get schl or ASUU abi na Mgmt. Mtchwww.....

31 Likes

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Nobody: 3:10am On Nov 29, 2013
Take it or leave it, FG is bigger than ASUU, they can always find a way to deal with ASUU if they want to..

9 Likes

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by kellynoah: 2:30pm On Nov 29, 2013
If u believe ASUU will succumb to de Federal Government "LIKE" dis post. cool

58 Likes

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by tmtech: 2:30pm On Nov 29, 2013
I hope the attitudes of our lecturers towards teaching will improve after resumption....cos ASUU members are only concerned abt structural development and increase in salary.....
Yet there are other germane issue undiscussed....lyk the way lecturers come to class with a note of 10yrs and wouldn't even bother to explain or update and so many other human(intrinsic) factors militating against the standard of edu in naija

25 Likes

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Ray1251(m): 2:31pm On Nov 29, 2013
This people no serious
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Burger01(m): 2:31pm On Nov 29, 2013
ASUU! Your case no get solution. Aren't you tired of this imbroglio?

sad

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Mavor: 2:32pm On Nov 29, 2013
Yep, am sure FG is making plans for replacement. Better to use that money and hire quality teachers from abroad, even on part time basis than to succumb to the ransom of all these greedy quacks.

5 Likes

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by konn: 2:32pm On Nov 29, 2013
ok now lets watch and see by the time they come back and see that someone else has taken over their position, that is when their eyes go clear. FG hired you in the first place and they can also FIRE you. shikena..

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by phillippiano(m): 2:32pm On Nov 29, 2013
Abeg,w hich episode we dey??

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 29, 2013
finish him.f.g to ASUU.
fatality

1 Like

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by abhosts(m): 2:33pm On Nov 29, 2013
It is indeed an empty threat. How many unemployed Professors are you aware of that can fill the void?

55 Likes

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by jaykaylegend(m): 2:34pm On Nov 29, 2013
I wan knw where dis season film go finish!! Bt F.G big pass ASUU ooo nd na F.G get the schools. So make ASUU go find somewhere sit down..
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by searay(m): 2:34pm On Nov 29, 2013
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by ravensckar(m): 2:35pm On Nov 29, 2013
If I hear say I be 7th to comment. Lyk play lyk play,I'm gradualy gettin thr. Bck 2d topic,evn a village goat knws dt F.G's empty threat wil nt wrk. Na 2day?

11 Likes

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by astronautog(m): 2:35pm On Nov 29, 2013
Fg abeg sack them all!!!!!!delsu lecturers b like...ASUU ayaya o

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by hypenation: 2:36pm On Nov 29, 2013
ASUU leaders are terrorist under the control of the opposition party! They will do anytin to hinder and destroy our education system. GEJ should disolve the association if he really want to put an end to this strike

9 Likes

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by ecode1(m): 2:36pm On Nov 29, 2013
They should go back to the classroom. Hope they still remember what happened between The Lagos state government and the striking doctors few years back. Obama will need to plead with the federal government on their behalf when they are sack for failing to resume work after the deadline date. Bunch of unserious elements who think they can always have their way by holding the government to ransom and frustrating the students.

7 Likes

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by searay(m): 2:37pm On Nov 29, 2013
searay: *
upon the rush? Operamini no try at all

7 Likes

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by tspun(m): 2:37pm On Nov 29, 2013
abeg ASUU mater don tire me.
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Oyinprince(m): 2:38pm On Nov 29, 2013
This FG VS ASUU film is so interesting, make i just dey watch how d film go take end.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by otijah(m): 2:38pm On Nov 29, 2013
If ASUU like they should speak rubbish, whenever fG like they will dismiss all of them including their basket mouth president. Wetin be that his name sef?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by stagger: 2:42pm On Nov 29, 2013
chimex38: To ASUU president, until sack letter appear 4 ur table, ur eye go clear.
U go tell me whether na FG. get schl or ASUU abi na Mgmt. Mtchwww.....

Mr man, Abacha not only wrote sack letter, he issued eviction notices from their official residences. DID IT WORK? NO.

Fashola that sacked doctors: did he not call them back?

We are not in a military era. The use of such language by government will only fuel the suspicions of the striking lecturers. A typical lecturer is 10 years in the making, 20 years or more for Professors.

Ok, where will the government recruit the new lecturers from? FROM YOUR VILLAGE?

59 Likes

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 29, 2013
This GEJ is a big joke and his govt a bigger joke

15 Likes

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by tchigofigo(m): 2:42pm On Nov 29, 2013
..do they think they can't be replaced? only, it's goin'o waste more time bt it is possible..there r many qualified unemployed pple out there that can do a nice job..including myself..mk i first de prepare my c.v, this might just be my opportunity

5 Likes

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by dreh17(m): 2:43pm On Nov 29, 2013
me don reach school already.i know say dose lecturers go resume come meet me here before dec 4.abeg hostel mate,help me pack garri come when coming o

6 Likes

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Diamonddris(m): 2:44pm On Nov 29, 2013
Oh my God...am happy...i cant wait to start school...am a new recruit....

1 Like

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Fadelex(m): 2:44pm On Nov 29, 2013
what's happening about immigration recruitment... read more. www.nairaland.com/1536169/sham-called-immigration-recruitment
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Iaz93: 2:45pm On Nov 29, 2013
Why is Jonathan wasting so much time? angry He should borrow Amaechi's liver. I trust Amaechi. gringrin

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by priscaoge(f): 2:45pm On Nov 29, 2013
The fate of Nigerian students lies in the hands of bunch of fools(FG & ASUU)...That dude you guys call GEJ was once a teacher so also is his wife,He was among those who signed that deal so Y is he misbehaving?? BTW where is his Silent 2nd wife and kids? Abroad I guess...Mstchewwwwwwww..Even ASUP strike sef is a dead issue. God is watching you all via His Plasma TV

6 Likes

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by kelvinginzie: 2:46pm On Nov 29, 2013
During Abacha's time,prices of things were much cheaper.Right now,the pains of being jobless is like hell,No lecturer will risk his job.
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Thankgodtt(m): 2:49pm On Nov 29, 2013
Now I clearly see dat this assu ppl won't to destroy my academic carer--- xo selfish-- opon everything Gej tried doing, u guyz still dnt want to listing-i

Plz. How can 1 get admission in Ghana. Plz pm me if u hav useful information....

Assu--- I just hope non of ur kids are in skul

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA / Maritime Academy Of Nigeria Oron Registeration / Idogbo Secondary Students Edo Destroy School Properties, Attack Principal, Polic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.