Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,518 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

Do Stockbrokers Have Seniority Rating On The Nigerian Stock Exchange? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Do Stockbrokers Have Seniority Rating On The Nigerian Stock Exchange? (2179 Views)

NSE Orders Stockbrokers To Stop Informing Their Clients / Can An Undergraduate Take Chartered Institute Of Stockbrokers (cis)exam? / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Stockbrokers Have Seniority Rating On The Nigerian Stock Exchange? by jamace(m): 8:40am On Nov 29, 2013
I have experienced delay many times on my shares mandate execution by my stockbroker. I have also read complaints by investors on delay on execution of their shares mandate by their stockbrokers. Meanwhile, some investors joyfully announce the timely execution of their mandate by their stockbrokers. Therefore, I came to the conclusion that there must be inner workings which my fellow investors and I do not understand about stockbrokers and the NSE.

That brings me to the question whether stockbrokers operate on the NSE in order of seniority whereby juniors wait for seniors to carry out their transactions before them. I mean, do we have First eleven and Second eleven brokers on the NSE? OR, Are they First Class and Second Class stockbrokers?

In line with the questions above, I will like to know whether there are "cabals" on the NSE.
Re: Do Stockbrokers Have Seniority Rating On The Nigerian Stock Exchange? by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:47am On Nov 29, 2013
jamace: I have experienced delay many times on my shares mandate execution by my stockbroker. I have also read complaints by investors on delay on execution of their shares mandate by their stockbrokers. Meanwhile, some investors joyfully announce the timely execution of their mandate by their stockbrokers. Therefore, I came to the conclusion that there must be inner workings which my fellow investors and I do not understand about stockbrokers and the NSE.

That brings me to the question whether stockbrokers operate on the NSE in order of seniority whereby juniors wait for seniors to carry out their transactions before them. I mean, do we have First eleven and Second eleven brokers on the NSE? OR, Are they First Class and Second Class stockbrokers?

In line with the questions above, I will like to know whether there are "cabals" on the NSE.

Some stockbrokers are more efficient than others, may be you should start trading with a big house.
Re: Do Stockbrokers Have Seniority Rating On The Nigerian Stock Exchange? by jamace(m): 10:19am On Nov 29, 2013
^^Ok. Thanks.
But don't you think "efficiency " could be facilitated by some other factors?
Re: Do Stockbrokers Have Seniority Rating On The Nigerian Stock Exchange? by feelamong(m): 10:39am On Nov 29, 2013
I have shares in a so called big and a small house....na the same thing..

Stockbrokers are generally lousy maily due to the way they are set up to operate...one man has to do the trading on the floor...

for me i jus try to find who the exact person that goes to the floor of the exchange is and make friends with him...once in a while arrange something for him from your loot.. grin

once you win him on ur side he will go the extra mile for you! dazall!!

1 Like

Re: Do Stockbrokers Have Seniority Rating On The Nigerian Stock Exchange? by jamace(m): 10:54am On Nov 29, 2013
^^^^You mean "Work-shop" is the grease that oils AGBERO-ISTIC tendency in some brokers, eh? grin grin
Re: Do Stockbrokers Have Seniority Rating On The Nigerian Stock Exchange? by Aks(m): 11:26am On Nov 29, 2013
Well, i think the big stockbroking firms might have this issue in the sense they have several daily requests to attend to and sometimes prioritise the big portfolio customers ahead of the so called 'lean portfolio owners'. In my own case, i have an account officer in a medium size stockbroking firm who attends to my need promptly even if i send my bid as late as 12 noon and still get it carried out especially when they trade 'IN-HOUSE'. I also grease his palms anytime i hit lil or big profit from time to time out of my own sheer will (He has never demaded for anything since 7yrs i've been with them)
Re: Do Stockbrokers Have Seniority Rating On The Nigerian Stock Exchange? by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:24pm On Nov 29, 2013
jamace: ^^Ok. Thanks.
But don't you think "efficiency " could be facilitated by some other factors?

I think size, division of labour, technology etc can increase the efficiency.
Re: Do Stockbrokers Have Seniority Rating On The Nigerian Stock Exchange? by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:29pm On Nov 29, 2013
Aks: Well, i think the big stockbroking firms might have this issue in the sense they have several daily requests to attend to and sometimes prioritise the big portfolio customers ahead of the so called 'lean portfolio owners'. In my own case, i have an account officer in a medium size stockbroking firm who attends to my need promptly even if i send my bid as late as 12 noon and still get it carried out especially when they trade 'IN-HOUSE'. I also grease his palms anytime i hit lil or big profit from time to time out of my own sheer will (He has never demaded for anything since 7yrs i've been with them)

Technology will eradicate this problem, in a big house you hardly know who does the trading but you find out that your instructions are executed, due to division of labour.

This is frowned at in most of the big house.
Re: Do Stockbrokers Have Seniority Rating On The Nigerian Stock Exchange? by Elai147: 3:56pm On Nov 29, 2013
In my opinion, I think "Size" plays a very important role here. Why do you think some stockbroking firms demand millions of Naira just to open an account whereas you can open a stockbroking account with as low as N50,000 in some other firms? e be like say levels dey pass levels for that industry. Even within the same stockbroking firm, there is still favouritism in the execution of mandates. Just like what happens in the banking industry, no stockbroking firm wants to show the slightest sign of incompetency to a client whose portfolio is worth N100 Million or more. They will definitely reply your emails promptly and execute your mandates first before attending to the ordinary investor's mandate.
Re: Do Stockbrokers Have Seniority Rating On The Nigerian Stock Exchange? by Elai147: 4:04pm On Nov 29, 2013
feelamong: I have shares in a so called big and a small house....na the same thing..

Stockbrokers are generally lousy maily due to the way they are set up to operate...one man has to do the trading on the floor...

for me i jus try to find who the exact person that goes to the floor of the exchange is and make friends with him...once in a while arrange something for him from your loot.. grin

once you win him on ur side he will go the extra mile for you! dazall!!

This your method no bad at all. But how you take sure say na the main person wey dey go trading floor be dat? Because some brokers sabi make mouth die...
Re: Do Stockbrokers Have Seniority Rating On The Nigerian Stock Exchange? by megainvest: 4:56am On Dec 02, 2013
Aks: Well, i think the big stockbroking firms might have this issue in the sense they have several daily requests to attend to and sometimes prioritise the big portfolio customers ahead of the so called 'lean portfolio owners'. In my own case, i have an account officer in a medium size stockbroking firm who attends to my need promptly even if i send my bid as late as 12 noon and still get it carried out especially when they trade 'IN-HOUSE'. I also grease his palms anytime i hit lil or big profit from time to time out of my own sheer will (He has never demaded for anything since 7yrs i've been with them)
Pls who is your stockbroker?
Re: Do Stockbrokers Have Seniority Rating On The Nigerian Stock Exchange? by jamace(m): 9:49am On Dec 03, 2013
But stockbrokers have TEAMS. I saw that on their jersey. What is the influence of belonging to one team or the other on the trading floor?
Re: Do Stockbrokers Have Seniority Rating On The Nigerian Stock Exchange? by Aks(m): 3:15pm On Dec 03, 2013
Dominion tryst limited @ IGBOSERE, Lagos Island
Re: Do Stockbrokers Have Seniority Rating On The Nigerian Stock Exchange? by Aks(m): 3:15pm On Dec 03, 2013
Dominion trust limited @ IGBOSERE, Lagos Island
Re: Do Stockbrokers Have Seniority Rating On The Nigerian Stock Exchange? by divinelove(m): 8:26am On Dec 06, 2013
I think its mainly a function of demand and supply. It takes abt 4 business days to complete a transaction, ceteris paribus
Re: Do Stockbrokers Have Seniority Rating On The Nigerian Stock Exchange? by jamace(m): 3:22am On Apr 24, 2023

(1) (Reply)

MMM 2016 Mavro Released. Who Says MMM Is Not Back? / Taobao Tmall 1688, Shipping By Air, Alipay Wechat Bank Card RMB, Selling RMB / Verifying Skrill Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.