Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,836 members, 7,806,356 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

How To Get Rid Of My Annoying Tenants!! - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To Get Rid Of My Annoying Tenants!! (15022 Views)

Fashola To Seize Property If Tenants Commits Crime. / 3 Bedroom Flat Of 4 Blocks (completed With Tenants) At Sunshine Estate, Ikorodu. R & S. Approv. / Stubborn Tenants Refuse To Leave And Don't Pay Rent! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get Rid Of My Annoying Tenants!! by Nobody: 11:00am On Nov 29, 2013
I And My Tenants!

Good Morning NLanders & Lawyers in the House. I have these two tenants giving me headache!

The problem all started from a so called Pastor who keep late nights and pray atop of his voice 247. He has since, constitute nuisance in the Compound & to neigbours.

The other one was infected since the entry of this pastor. They formed a team the very moment the latter had issues with me (not a just cause).

The latest now his, they sprinkle salt all over the vicinity, saying my House is Occultic ; they have stopped paying their PHCN bills for about 3 months (working on proper connection where we ll have individual phases).

They both inhabit a 2 room self contained.

I can't co-habit with them any longer though.

Now, I don't want to jump into illegal steps in quit noticing!

The last time I checked, my lawyer displayed a lacklustre approach & this hasn't been encouraging.

Please air your objective views.

Gracias!!

Modified***
Location is LAGOS
Re: How To Get Rid Of My Annoying Tenants!! by uboma(m): 12:41pm On Nov 29, 2013
If they are too noisy as you just described, why not just give them quit notice because the truth is its less likely that they will change for the better. Soon they will libel you a Wizard/Witch for complaining about their loud prayers. Next time, try and avoid living with your tenants. There are things they will do which will irritate you.

1 Like

Re: How To Get Rid Of My Annoying Tenants!! by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 29, 2013
True bro! Infact they av labelled my anti-christ! Occultic guy! When is d right tym to give quit notice? B4 rent xpires or immediately it expires.
uboma: If they are too noisy as you just described, why not just give them quick notice because the truth is its less likely that they will change for the better. Soon they will libel you a Wizard/Witch for complaining about their loud prayers. Next time, try and avoid living with your tenants. There are things they will do which will irritate you.

1 Like

Re: How To Get Rid Of My Annoying Tenants!! by uboma(m): 1:02pm On Nov 29, 2013
When is their rent expiring? If its not too far, I recommend that you and your family just put up with them till then.
Re: How To Get Rid Of My Annoying Tenants!! by Nobody: 2:02pm On Nov 29, 2013
Than You.
Their rent expires April 2014.

But they might be silent on the issue regarding payment or exit!
Re: How To Get Rid Of My Annoying Tenants!! by uboma(m): 2:06pm On Nov 29, 2013
^^^ April 2014 is not too far off. If you can, why not bear till then and issue them a quit notice. If you can't wait till then, refund their rent balance and let them leave.
Re: How To Get Rid Of My Annoying Tenants!! by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 29, 2013
Thanks for d Idea. God bless u plenty.
Ll wait till then.
uboma: ^^^ April 2014 is not too far off. If you can, why not bear till then and issue them a quit notice. If you can't wait till then, refund their rent balance and let them leave.
Re: How To Get Rid Of My Annoying Tenants!! by Nobody: 4:02pm On Nov 29, 2013
So easy,
Double the rent and demand fees for unnecessary things.
LOL.
Or place annoying compound rules, hoping they're lively and cool folks tho.

2 Likes

Re: How To Get Rid Of My Annoying Tenants!! by omonla555: 4:02pm On Nov 29, 2013
Olife: I And My Tenants!

Good Morning NLanders & Lawyers in the House. I have these two tenants giving me headache!

The problem all started from a so called Pastor who keep late nights and pray atop of his voice 247. He has since, constitute nuisance in the Compound & to neigbours.

The other one was infected since the entry of this pastor. They formed a team the very moment the latter had issues with me (not a just cause).

The latest now his, they sprinkle salt all over the vicinity, saying my House is Occultic ; they have stopped paying their PHCN bills for about 3 months (working on proper connection where we ll have individual phases).

They both inhabit a 2 room self contained.

I can't co-habit with them any longer though.

Now, I don't want to jump into illegal steps in quit noticing!

The last time I checked, my lawyer displayed a lacklustre approach & this hasn't been encouraging.

Please air your objective views.

Gracias!!

Please where are they from?
Re: How To Get Rid Of My Annoying Tenants!! by Nobody: 4:06pm On Nov 29, 2013
Lol! Y r u so bent in knowing their tribe. I will respond to that later.
Seriously, these guys r real lunatics.
The last tym, my so called lawyer was jst after money money money.
People no longer respect the police. I cant afford d luxury of court case.
I want a more technical approach.
omonla555:

Re: How To Get Rid Of My Annoying Tenants!! by uboma(m): 4:07pm On Nov 29, 2013
omonla555:

Does it matter where they are from? The important here which the op pointed out is that they are a nuisance in his compound.

2 Likes

Re: How To Get Rid Of My Annoying Tenants!! by Nobody: 4:07pm On Nov 29, 2013
Lyk seriously! D law has lost its value in Naija!!
Amaaskia: So easy,
Double the rent and demand fees for unnecessary things.
LOL.
Or place annoying compound rules, hoping they're lively and cool folks tho.

Or get some healthy boys to help them pack and leave, of course giving them their refunds. Its the savage way out but 'savage' works, sometimes. Hehe.
Re: How To Get Rid Of My Annoying Tenants!! by eme1n(m): 4:09pm On Nov 29, 2013
Quadruple the rent, plain and simple!!

1 Like

Re: How To Get Rid Of My Annoying Tenants!! by Desdola(m): 4:10pm On Nov 29, 2013
Baffles me how some people want to claim been more religious. u have to call them and order and give them the normal quit notice when due lest ur house wld turn to a synagogue.
Re: How To Get Rid Of My Annoying Tenants!! by oduason: 4:13pm On Nov 29, 2013
That's why it's not advisable to live with your tenants.
Re: How To Get Rid Of My Annoying Tenants!! by lacicrips(m): 4:14pm On Nov 29, 2013
You can't just issue quit notice and expect them to vacate your property. There are procedures,

Annoying habits howbeit, can't co-habit with such people too.

Whatever you do, just be careful. Any unlawful harrasment or notice might result in them suing your ass. That's if they know what's up. The court favours the tenant any day.

1 Like

Re: How To Get Rid Of My Annoying Tenants!! by Nobody: 4:15pm On Nov 29, 2013
Nw, there hasnt been any single resolution has to when quit notice shud be given. Some say b4 money expires, others say when money expires (that will lead 2 anoda six mnths of free housing)
Also, ther was a tym I wanted to give one of them his balance but he said it must include the money he paid to agents and commision.
Desdola: Baffles me how some people want to claim been more religious. u have to call them and order and give them the normal quit notice when due lest ur house wld turn to a synagogue.
Re: How To Get Rid Of My Annoying Tenants!! by Afam4eva(m): 4:15pm On Nov 29, 2013
Olife: True bro! Infact they av labelled my anti-christ! Occultic guy! When is d right tym to give quit notice? B4 rent xpires or immediately it expires.
Lol...e no easy to be landlord oo. You'll be labelled with all sorts. But sey your hand clean? talk true grin
Re: How To Get Rid Of My Annoying Tenants!! by Nobody: 4:16pm On Nov 29, 2013
Those procedures are what I crave to know!!
lacicrips: You can't just issue quit notice and expect them to vacate your property. There are procedures,
Re: How To Get Rid Of My Annoying Tenants!! by Nobody: 4:18pm On Nov 29, 2013
Lol! If i dey Occultic, I for don upgrade build another house (I no go dey live wit dem).
Besides, d first 1 born twins for my house(no cs, fit n healthy till now) and the second born bouncing baby boi! No sickness or woteva recorded!!!
Afam4eva:
Lol...e no easy to be landlord oo. You'll be labelled with all sorts. But sey your hand clean? talk true grin
Re: How To Get Rid Of My Annoying Tenants!! by stagger: 4:27pm On Nov 29, 2013
6 months quit notice, followed by court order to vacate which usually gives a one-week notice and then court bailiffs with police will land to execute the judgement.

1 Like

Re: How To Get Rid Of My Annoying Tenants!! by drdams: 4:30pm On Nov 29, 2013
6mnths within or after rent expires? Which1?
stagger: 6 months quit notice, followed by court order to vacate which usually gives a one-week notice and then court bailiffs with police will land to execute the judgement.
Re: How To Get Rid Of My Annoying Tenants!! by lacicrips(m): 4:33pm On Nov 29, 2013
Olife: Those procedures are what I crave to know!!
Issue them quit notices immediately their current rent expires. And then give them 3-6months (rent-free) to vacate your property. Although an educated tenant would probably sue you after the notice expiration, and make life very miserable for you. They could end up staying in your house for many many months rent-free.

Have you tried talking to these guys first?

3 Likes

Re: How To Get Rid Of My Annoying Tenants!! by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 29, 2013
1 of them av always threatened me to give im his balance. I gave him and he said e nids even d agency back.
Also, y wud I be sued after d quit notice expires?
lacicrips:
Issue them quit notices immediately their current rent expires. And then give them 3-6months (rent-free) to vacate your property. Although an educated tenant would probably sue you after the notice expiration, and make life very miserable for you. They could end up staying in your house for many many months rent-free.

Have you tried talking to these guys first?
Re: How To Get Rid Of My Annoying Tenants!! by diehard(m): 4:37pm On Nov 29, 2013
You can give them 6 or 3 month notice depending on the state you reside to the expiration of their rent. and followed by court order to vacate which usually gives a one-week notice. a notice can be issue, you don't have to wait till their rent expires. but their rent should expire b4 the actual quitting

2 Likes

Re: How To Get Rid Of My Annoying Tenants!! by lacicrips(m): 4:39pm On Nov 29, 2013
Olife: Lol! If i dey Occultic, I for don upgrade build another house (I no go dey live wit dem).
Besides, d first 1 born twins for my house(no cs, fit n healthy till now) and the second born bouncing baby boi! No sickness or woteva recorded!!!
Stop being naïve. No be everybody wey dey occult get money. I don't trust most landlords. Well, not that I believe in that anyways.
Re: How To Get Rid Of My Annoying Tenants!! by Chukky86: 4:41pm On Nov 29, 2013
Wait let me Ask IFA.

1 Like

Re: How To Get Rid Of My Annoying Tenants!! by hohafrank(m): 4:44pm On Nov 29, 2013
Olife: Lol! Y r u so bent in knowing their tribe. I will respond to that later.
Seriously, these guys r real lunatics.
The last tym, my so called lawyer was jst after money money money.
People no longer respect the police. I cant afford d luxury of court case.
I want a more technical approach.
Best approach.court? Capital no.Take the case to Lagos state citizen mediation centre close to you.The matter will be resolved amicably and they will be out from your house in no time.Good luck.
Re: How To Get Rid Of My Annoying Tenants!! by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 29, 2013
Well, I dnt know what it takes to be occultic.
An mind u, its a 2-way thing..
I dnt trust both landlords and tenants.
Tenants too could be occultic.
lacicrips:
Stop being naïve. No be everybody wey dey occult get money. I don't trust most landlords. Well, not that I believe in that anyways.
Re: How To Get Rid Of My Annoying Tenants!! by Nobody: 4:47pm On Nov 29, 2013
Thanks! I heard they r always in local govt councils..
hohafrank:
Best approach.court? Capital no.Take the case to Lagos state citizen mediation centre close to you.The matter will be resolved amicably and they will be out from your house in no time.Good luck.
Re: How To Get Rid Of My Annoying Tenants!! by adanny01(m): 4:50pm On Nov 29, 2013
You should have given them quit notice exactly six months to the expiration of their rent. They are entitled to up to a stated period thereafter (i thiink 3months) which you cannot collect rent. Its very complicated so you will need a lawyer asap.

Dont forget to follow the laws or else you shall hv urself to blame. If you are sued, ur tenant will b in ur house with no rent till case concludes. Dont forget that a quit notice is a court document not your written letter.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

4 Bedroom Duplex At Agege, Design & Constructed By Archaran Construction Company / Fairly Used Furniture Someone? / Our Solar Street Light.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.