Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,958 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow (36637 Views)

GUARDIAN Newspaper Apologises For Publishing False Pics Of Buhari's Interview / Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! / Ondo Senator Apologises For Supporting Child-Marriage Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by tpia5: 11:52pm On Nov 30, 2013
nigerian women just have to wake up and smell the coffee.

but then, with so much pulling each other down and bad belle, how is that possible?
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by Enahi(f): 11:53pm On Nov 30, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Since you have resorted to the bible, as a Christian myself, let me remind you of this:

Matthew 18:21-23:
"...
21 Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?”

22 Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.[a]

23 “Therefore, the kingdom of heaven is like a king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants..."

So is that not enough for you to forgive and move on? Where in those scriptures did Jesus talk about compensation for the wronged? Like I said, your second nature is greed and selfishness and money is the only language you understand.
. Please mind what u write to me ok,I am not greedy or selfish. And I don't support what's wrong. Please kindly do not quote me again,as a christian I stand for the truth and whatever u write here will not change who I am or what I stand for. As far as am concerned Adams has not made any apology from what I read,He should look for the Widow,apologise and compensate her publicly. U know how difficult it is to survive in Nigeria and yet u support the ill-treatment of widows. How heartless! Don't want to insult u,so just let me be. Adams Supporter.
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by OmoTier1(m): 12:00am On Dec 01, 2013
soul_glo:

Enforcing the law is not something that most Nigerians understand. At least so it appears. It is almost impossible to convince a Nigerian to be discipline. When threads are started on nairaland showing the horrible and disgusting way people live with debris everywhere and people walking through knee high water that has all colors of the rainbow with fancy organisms growing in it people jump in and blame the government. I have just come to the conclusion that even if the government gives every single Nigerian N1,000,000 it would make no difference. With what I see on nairaland it is truly an uphill battle for any kind of significant change to be made because people still don't get it. People are just not ready to accept the responsibility of living like civilized people.

You are absolutely right! That is even the more reason most of those in leadership today careless or give a hoot about what the people think, feel or say because they know they people themselves are not prepared to live a disciplined and orderly life!

I was in that same Benin City in 2011, and I was amazed that just like I do in UK, I could walk at 10pm at night on the pavement on Akpakpava road, strolling in the cool breeze of the night with suya smell and street light beaming down. However, I was pained when I saw the manner in which traders with shops along these paved road with pedestrian walks displayed their wares, turning the road ( at some locations) into eye sore.
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by OmoTier1(m): 12:07am On Dec 01, 2013
Enahi: . Please mind what u write to me ok,I am not greedy or selfish. And I don't support what's wrong. Please kindly do not quote me again,as a christian I stand for the truth and whatever u write here will not change who I am or what I stand for. As far as am concerned Adams has not made any apology from what I read,He should look for the Widow,apologise and compensate her publicly. U know how difficult it is to survive in Nigeria and yet u support the ill-treatment of widows. How heartless! Don't want to insult u,so just let me be. Adams Supporter.
Haha... how childish they come! You are demanding from others what you are not and are not prepared to do. In your self acclaimed righteousness, because the lady is a widow, she has every right to break the law, and get away with it.

FYI, I am not Adam support, rather, I strongly oppose hypocrites like yourself who are making a mountain out of a mole hill. I am sure you have no inkling how much Oshiomhole's government has done to ensure that people like that widowed trader get a better life in Edo State.

I am even more worried that you call your emotional biasness and psychological drift-drift as standing for the truth. This mentality as displayed by your likes is what has given those in position of power more courage to steal because they know when they are caught, the usual, attitude would be emotional response of .." abeg make dem take small small forgive am".
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by Enahi(f): 12:16am On Dec 01, 2013
soul_glo:

Enforcing the law is not something that most Nigerians understand. At least so it appears. It is almost impossible to convince a Nigerian to be discipline. When threads are started on nairaland showing the horrible and disgusting way people live with debris everywhere and people walking through knee high water that has all colors of the rainbow with fancy organisms growing in it people jump in and blame the government. I have just come to the conclusion that even if the government gives every single Nigerian N1,000,000 it would make no difference. With what I see on nairaland it is truly an uphill battle for any kind of significant change to be made because people still don't get it. People are just not ready to accept the responsibility of living like civilized people.
So u indirectly support a corrupt system of Government, don't blame Nigerians. We pray and hope for a revolution and the wiping out of all political parties in Nigeria. They are all bunch of looters. If U want Nigerians to be disciplined ,it should start from the leaders. If you want Nigerians to be Civilized,it should start from the leaders. Whatever u want has to start from the top,what happened to leading by example?
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by Enahi(f): 12:24am On Dec 01, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Haha... how childish they come! You are demanding from others what you are not and are not prepared to do. In your self acclaimed righteousness, because the lady is a widow, she has every right to break the law, and get away with it.

FYI, I am not Adam support, rather, I strongly oppose hypocrites like yourself who are making a mountain out of a mole hill. I am sure you have no inkling how much Oshiomhole's government has done to ensure that people like that widow trader get a better life in Edo State.

I am even more worried that you call you emotional biasness and psychological drift-drift as standing for the truth. This mentality as display the your likes is what has given those in position of power more courage to steal because they know when they are caught, the usual, attitude would be emotional response of .." abeg make dem take small small forgive am".

Do not quote me again,I don't care what u call me ok. U statements simply don't move me,because I know u don't have conscience. And oh yes u are ADAMS OSHOMOLE'S supporter and N/land rep. We know them,u are one of them.
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by soulglo: 1:46am On Dec 01, 2013
Enahi: So u indirectly support a corrupt system of Government, don't blame Nigerians. We pray and hope for a revolution and the wiping out of all political parties in Nigeria. They are all bunch of looters. If U want Nigerians to be disciplined ,it should start from the leaders. If you want Nigerians to be Civilized,it should start from the leaders. Whatever u want has to start from the top,what happened to leading by example?

You are wrong. If you want Nigeria to be disciplined it starts for YOU. You have a responsibility to Nigeria as does the widow. As does Oshiomhole. It does not all fall on the leaders. Do your part. The "go and die" was harsh but her goods should have been seized. That road looked clean so obviously the government has taken some responsibility. The people now need to do theirs by following the rules that have been implemented to keep the roads safe and the surroundings looking like human beings actually live there. Do you always give way to your children's tears. Have you not seen a child cry like he was dying because he did not like what was cooked for dinner. Do you let the child form the habit of refusing dinner or do you insist that the child eats whatever his mother cooked. That is how the world works. I understand your heart is in the right place but I can guarantee you that if she lost what she lost she would think twice before she breaks a small rule again. Little by little people will get it. Instead of the people to look at this as a lesson learned people are rewarding her for breaking the law. The same people that will walk by a child beggar on their way to work without blinking an eye. To me it is just biting off your nose to spite your face. People think they are sticking it to the Government instead they are encouraging the lawlessness they claim they are tired of living with. Who suffers in the end?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Nyeson Wike In trouble As Card Readers Only Recorded 292,000 Accredited Voters / PDP Campaigns In Tafawa Balewa LGA, Bauchi (Photos) / Hausa Community Back To Business In Aba After IPOB And Army Clash. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.