Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,737 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:06 PM

Konga Scammed Us Today, Call It Strategy. - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Konga Scammed Us Today, Call It Strategy. (1455 Views)

How I Got Scammed 15k By A Nairalander / FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! / Tecno Phantom A+ Phone To Be Sold For 19,000 At Konga Fall Yakata Xmas Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Konga Scammed Us Today, Call It Strategy. by thegame(m): 6:16pm On Nov 29, 2013
I would like to start by asking, why are promos in Nigeria full of shady acts like this? The scam elements in our Promos are always obvious, if only we look beyond the posters and banners. Konga has been headlining their fallYakata promo by advertising 2main products as the main attraction. Meanwhile I think these 2products are even the "only" items for sale. I woke up this morning to the thoughts of purchasing the ps4 at the much reduced promo price 60k, Konga's site started misbehaving at 9am. Fine, they didn't prepare. And had to consciously monitor the damn site till 4pm and the most annoying thing is that the playstation was out of stock almost immediately the link was pasted on their twitter page. Instead of them to put out of stock on the page, you see "product is not available" on the checkout page and so, you can't buy. Why
Lastly, if there's a body that regulates promos in nigeria, I think konga and the 4buyers(1 every 10mins) should be investigated. I saw a tweet where someone said one of the "buyers" is fake that he knows the person behind the handle.
Why can't these retailers just come out straight and be honest You mean to tell me you advertised to the whole Lagos, Nigeria and beyond and 4 "shady" Playstations were all you could give? With all the adverts, promotions and hype? As at this evening, even the phantom was still retailing at 33k.
Re: Konga Scammed Us Today, Call It Strategy. by Elfree: 7:40pm On Nov 29, 2013
Mhen u haven't seen anything.2day i almost got scammed,i met this guy on nairaland that wants to buy my brand new ipad 3.we agreed on 95k,bt he stays in benin and i in abuja ok at 1st he sent a fake text from zenith bank sayin a transaction just occured in my account bt its on hold for 3 hrs,i was abit convienced i sent d ipad bt told d driver not to give it 2 him until i confirm my payment,i was worried i called my personal accountant in zenith bank he confirmed it a scam..GOD I THANK U O...my ipad will be bak to me monday.
Re: Konga Scammed Us Today, Call It Strategy. by Baadal(m): 8:43pm On Nov 29, 2013
Elfree: Mhen u haven't seen anything.2day i almost got scammed,i met this guy on nairaland that wants to buy my brand new ipad 3.we agreed on 95k,bt he stays in benin and i in abuja ok at 1st he sent a fake text from zenith bank sayin a transaction just occured in my account bt its on hold for 3 hrs,i was abit convienced i sent d ipad bt told d driver not to give it 2 him until i confirm my payment,i was worried i called my personal accountant in zenith bank he confirmed it a scam..GOD I THANK U O...my ipad will be bak to me monday.
Sorry wat transport did u use to send d ipad to him?is it God is good?if yes,dats d same bastard dat called me too.I knew dat guy is a scammer.d guy dey form big man on fone
Re: Konga Scammed Us Today, Call It Strategy. by Nobody: 9:09pm On Nov 29, 2013
Elfree: Mhen u haven't seen anything.2day i almost got scammed,i met this guy on nairaland that wants to buy my brand new ipad 3.we agreed on 95k,bt he stays in benin and i in abuja ok at 1st he sent a fake text from zenith bank sayin a transaction just occured in my account bt its on hold for 3 hrs,i was abit convienced i sent d ipad bt told d driver not to give it 2 him until i confirm my payment,i was worried i called my personal accountant in zenith bank he confirmed it a scam..GOD I THANK U O...my ipad will be bak to me monday.

Baadal:
Sorry wat transport did u use to send d ipad to him?is it God is good?if yes,dats d same bastard dat called me too.I knew dat guy is a scammer.d guy dey form big man on fone

Post more information about this scammer, name, phone number and others
Re: Konga Scammed Us Today, Call It Strategy. by thegame(m): 9:51pm On Nov 29, 2013
Lool, this is a new one. I'm happy for you sha. So scammers don't go after just money now, it's one's goods they are after again. Na wa.
Re: Konga Scammed Us Today, Call It Strategy. by Nobody: 11:00pm On Nov 29, 2013
I don't think Konga scammed anyone, it had to do with traffic surge and their server being down, I met some Nairalanders who bought the ps4 at the #60,000 price. In fact I was lucky to be counted as one of the early birds grin
.You can visit http:///yakata?k_id=nigeria and see some other reasonably discounted products that are okay sha.

Re: Konga Scammed Us Today, Call It Strategy. by subsidy12: 11:16pm On Nov 29, 2013
D.trader:
I don't think Konga scammed anyone, it had to do with traffic surge and their server being down, I met some Nairalanders who bought the ps4 at the #60,000 price. In fact I was lucky to be counted as one of the early birds grin
.You can visit http:///yakata?k_id=nigeria and see some other reasonably discounted products that are okay sha.
Cheap publicity. Abeg make we hia word. You think Nairalanders are kids. You were the same person doing promo 4 Konga prior to this Yakata scam. Your now here claiming what is not.
Re: Konga Scammed Us Today, Call It Strategy. by thegame(m): 2:45am On Nov 30, 2013
Abeg leave am make he dey yarn dust. So konga didn't expect traffic, right? And this same konga said the promo,specifically the ps4 will start at exactly 9am and prices will go up with time. Turned out the ps4 wasn't churned out till 4pm and only 4 consoles were available. 4 consoles for the whole Lagos/Nigeria. What a feat!
If you can't do promo, don't do promo. Is it shirt and pants I want to be buying on konga promo that you're saying hundreds of other products are available? Kpshew! undecided

By the way, who are the "some nairalanders"? Please bring them here let's see.
Re: Konga Scammed Us Today, Call It Strategy. by Nobody: 5:34am On Nov 30, 2013
[quoling ling]

Post more information about this scammer, name, phone number and others[/quote]

he almost Scammed me off my iPhone 4,luckily I confirmed payment via ATM, I was already at d God is good Park.

the scammer's number is

0813 426 8048

the guys number is
Re: Konga Scammed Us Today, Call It Strategy. by ceejay80s(m): 5:49am On Nov 30, 2013
Baadal:
if na me, i go plan with driver and police, when he come for collection,dem go grab am. The crook go pay me 400k or face the court & go to jail, i go share the money
POLICE: 100K
THE DRIVER: 100K
ME: 200K

3 Likes

Re: Konga Scammed Us Today, Call It Strategy. by RICHIEBOI1(m): 8:35am On Nov 30, 2013

My broda, dats the trick dis guys use now. A friend of mine dat sells car almost got scammed recently. The scammer wanted to buy a 2008 Toyota Camry and they both settled a price and the scammer was insisting on a particular bank,which I won't want to mention here. The next day my friend got text alert from the bank which he happens to have an account there confirming a payment of 2.2m, the guy said he was sending someone to pick up d ride. But my friend felt sumtin wasn't right and decided to call his account officer in d bank and his account officer told him no such deposit was made and dat it was a scam. My guess is that dis guy must be conniving wit somebody from inside the bank to pull dis scam. Pls everybody should be on ALERT,cos this is d new trick they use now. PLS pass on this message.
Re: Konga Scammed Us Today, Call It Strategy. by tunjiano: 9:20am On Nov 30, 2013
guys d best deal is to deal face to face,jst imagine ppl sending d money 1st b4 Goods.u could hv known it's Scam
Re: Konga Scammed Us Today, Call It Strategy. by Nobody: 10:28am On Nov 30, 2013
hirako_shinji: [quoling ling]

he almost Scammed me off my iPhone 4,luckily I confirmed payment via ATM, I was already at d God is good Park.

the scammer's number is

0813 426 8048

the guys number is
Are u serious, When i saw that number you posted, i knew i saw it recently, i decided to check my phone and behold that same number called me yesternight inquiring about an iPhone i posted yesterday. Na wa ooo, even the sellers aren't save anymore.
Re: Konga Scammed Us Today, Call It Strategy. by tunjiano: 1:45pm On Nov 30, 2013
loool,why is dis guy after Apple products....
Re: Konga Scammed Us Today, Call It Strategy. by Nobody: 4:16pm On Nov 30, 2013
tunjiano: guys d best deal is to deal face to face,jst imagine ppl sending d money 1st b4 Goods.u could hv known it's Scam

The thing is people should learn how to purchase items within their vicinity. You're in Lagos and you want someone in Anambra to send u an item, definitely u have to pay first!. In other words purchase items in ur state, where u can deal face to face
Re: Konga Scammed Us Today, Call It Strategy. by Ctender(f): 11:59pm On Nov 30, 2013
Good idea! Face to face business is cool. Or rather have an account officer for u to confirm or rather go to ur bank before the transaction is completed. Cheers.
Re: Konga Scammed Us Today, Call It Strategy. by Elfree: 1:00am On Dec 02, 2013
hirako_shinji: [quoling ling]

the scammer's number is

0813 426 8048

the guys number is
dats d barga his claim'd name is benedict n he stays in benin,clams 2b an elderly man..GOD WILL DEAL wit him
Re: Konga Scammed Us Today, Call It Strategy. by Elfree: 1:01am On Dec 02, 2013
tunjiano: loool,why is dis guy after Apple products....
cos he neva had d opportunity 2 own 1...poor mugu
Re: Konga Scammed Us Today, Call It Strategy. by Nobody: 3:20am On Dec 02, 2013
Unfortunately for him, i have his real name and pictures, gotten from Facebook.
Re: Konga Scammed Us Today, Call It Strategy. by thegame(m): 5:53pm On Dec 20, 2013
Big.game:
Unfortunately for him, i have his real name and pictures, gotten from Facebook.

please post. lets see the thief's face
Re: Konga Scammed Us Today, Call It Strategy. by Nobody: 6:44pm On Dec 20, 2013
thegame:

please post. lets see the thief's face
I'll need prove that he has scammed someone. Its against NL rule to upload pictures of members without permission

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Gaming Laptop / Used But Perfect Working Inverter Or Ups Batteries For Sales / SOLD SOLD SOLD !!!!Very Clean Nokia Lumia 2520 Tablet Give Away

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.