Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,505 members, 7,808,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? (7661 Views)

Must Have Tool For Coding/web Development For All Webmasters / What Is The Best Tool For Webdesign? / Why Has Blogging Become Only A Tool For Making Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by parker15: 12:47am On Nov 30, 2013
Hai folks,

I am not a developer. I just want to develop an ecommerce website for my store. Some of my friends suggested to go with prestashop and Magento. But I would like to go with python. Please help me in getting a better idea.
Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by Nobody: 5:28am On Nov 30, 2013
U must be really naive, python is a programming language, while magento and prestashop are e-commerce platforms just d the way Wordpress and blogger are blogging platforms, since u want to develop an e-commerce site, u can try using "open cart" cos its free, my advise would be u search for which e-commerce software or platform can receive payments online in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by talk2hb1(m): 5:00pm On Nov 30, 2013
You can opt for any of this open source platforms:
Open Cart
Magento
Drupal Commerce
WooCommerce
Oscommerce
And many more.......

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by owambe: 11:59am On Dec 05, 2013
rutchiekens: U must be really naive, python is a programming language, while magento and prestashop are e-commerce platforms just d the way Wordpress and blogger are blogging platforms, since u want to develop an e-commerce site, u can try using "open cart" cos its free, my advise would be u search for which e-commerce software or platform can receive payments online in Nigeria.
lolz u mean content management systems.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by aikfrank(m): 11:59pm On Dec 05, 2013
parker15: Hai folks,
But I would like to go with python. Please help me in getting a better idea.

Cant stop laughing.
Wonder shall never end, may be PYTHON eCommerce cart.
I hail!!!
Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by dheaven: 7:53am On Dec 06, 2013
talk2hb1: You can opt for any of this open source platforms:
Open Cart
Magento
Drupal Commerce
WooCommerce
Oscommerce
And many more.......
which one is the best?
Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by talk2hb1(m): 7:17pm On Dec 06, 2013
I will recommend WooComerce if you are familiar with WordPress
Drupal Commerce if you familiar with Drupal
And you can go for Magento straight
Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 07, 2013
Django, but don't take my words for it, am just a hobbyists when it comes to programming.
--------------------------------
Seems OP don't really know what web application development means. What you mentioned in your post are CMS (content management system) built by developers as open source (which means you're free to download, edit and use it without violating any law). Development means you will write the entire code from scratch. Ok, Bye.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by nnabuike1(m): 2:25pm On Dec 07, 2013
Most of the platforms being named here probably will not work in Nigeria(or maybe you are based abroad?). Otherwise you may have to build your e-store manually. There are some respectable online payment processors in Nigeria that you can use.
Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by mrphysics(m): 2:26pm On Dec 07, 2013
physics
Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by enigmang: 2:26pm On Dec 07, 2013
You say you are not a developer.. i suggest you get a developer to do the development for you and you can concentrate on managing it...

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by Afam4eva(m): 2:27pm On Dec 07, 2013
parker15: Hai folks,

I am not a developer. I just want to develop an ecommerce website for my store. Some of my friends suggested to go with prestashop and Magento. But I would like to go with python. Please help me in getting a better idea.
You're comparing apples with oranges. Pretashop and Magento are ecommerce plaforms that have already been designed. All you have to do is to make some changes to be in tune with what you want. On the other hand, python is a programming language that you can use to create an ecommerce store from scratch.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by olasesi(m): 2:27pm On Dec 07, 2013
E-COMMERCE
PYTHON

That's strange oooooo
Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by nnabuike1(m): 2:30pm On Dec 07, 2013
Afam4eva:
You're comparing apples with oranges. Pretashop and Magento are ecommerce plaforms that have already been designed. All you have to do is to make some changes to be in tune with what you want. On the other hand, python is a programming language that you can use to create an ecommerce store from scratch.

In that case, PHP would be the way to go.
Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by Afam4eva(m): 2:31pm On Dec 07, 2013
nna_bu_ike: Most of the platforms being named here probably will not work in Nigeria(or maybe you are based abroad?). Otherwise you may have to build your e-store manually. There are some respectable online payment processors in Nigeria that you can use.
How do you mean "They cannot work here"? Every platform and programming language can work anywhere.
Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by Afam4eva(m): 2:31pm On Dec 07, 2013
nna_bu_ike:

In that case, PHP would be the way to go.
PHP is also a programming/scripting language like Pearl.
Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 07, 2013
This thread reeks of ignorance.
Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by nnabuike1(m): 2:34pm On Dec 07, 2013
Afam4eva:
How do you mean "They cannot work here"? Every platform and programming language can work anywhere.

I am assuming that the op would be collecting online payments, which probably wouldn't work in Nigeria. The other parts of the system will be fine though.
Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by Lifebender(m): 2:35pm On Dec 07, 2013
Dont go with python,cos it can swallow you alive.i'll advice you to choose Cobra or Mamba or Viper..but not python grin

3 Likes

Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by nnabuike1(m): 2:35pm On Dec 07, 2013
Afam4eva:
PHP is also a programming/scripting language like Pearl.

Yes, but it is much easier to build(online apps) from scratch with PHP
Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by Afam4eva(m): 2:36pm On Dec 07, 2013
nna_bu_ike:

I am assuming that the op would be collecting online payments, which probably wouldn't work in Nigeria. The other parts of the system will be fine though.
The OP asked for a CMS and not a payment platform. When he gets to that bridge, he'll cross it.
Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by Afam4eva(m): 2:37pm On Dec 07, 2013
nna_bu_ike:

How?
Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by Alishachris: 2:38pm On Dec 07, 2013
Afam4eva:

angry I think he is talking about paymant processor that comes with those carts
Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by DONZIGWE: 2:38pm On Dec 07, 2013
You can try bigcommerce. com or Americommerce. com
Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by nnabuike1(m): 2:41pm On Dec 07, 2013
Afam4eva:
The OP asked for a CMS and not a payment platform. When he gets to that bridge, he'll cross it.

Perhaps I misunderstood the original question, I thought that he was asking about an e-commerce store. At any rate I suppose that just working a CMS is ok, as long as he is investing enough time in working out how to integrate a payment platform. It is always a sad affair to spend much time writing code only to go back later, scrap and re-write.
Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Dec 07, 2013
nna_bu_ike:

Building a web app goes beyond the knowledge of a scripting language (PHP or python e.t.c.); that's where web development framework (CherryPy, Django e.t.c.) comes in, I guess that's OP's question.
Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by nnabuike1(m): 2:45pm On Dec 07, 2013
Afam4eva:
How?

Well for one, you can embed a php code anywhere in an html document. Also, it was designed specifically for that purpose where other languages are more general purpose.
Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by nnabuike1(m): 2:47pm On Dec 07, 2013
Phder:
Building a web app goes beyond the knowledge of a scripting language (PHP or python e.t.c.); that's where web development framework (CherryPy, Django e.t.c.) comes in, I guess that's OP's question.

I am aware of this, but we are speculating on what would be the best approach for someone who is not a developer.
Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by Soloter(m): 2:47pm On Dec 07, 2013
for ease of development use PHP but for tight security use JEE /J2EE.
Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by Afam4eva(m): 2:48pm On Dec 07, 2013
nna_bu_ike:

Well for one, you can embed a php code anywhere in an html document. Also, it was designed specifically for that purpose where other languages are more general purpose.
The same can be done for other web scripting lnagues eg PHP, Pearl, Python, ASP.net, JSP etc. I think you're referring to programming languages such as C, Jaca, C++ etc
Re: Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development? by adexsimply(m): 2:50pm On Dec 07, 2013
nna_bu_ike: Most of the platforms being named here probably will not work in Nigeria(or maybe you are based abroad?). Otherwise you may have to build your e-store manually. There are some respectable online payment processors in Nigeria that you can use.
are you kidding me? Opencart, magento, and woocommerce work perfectly in Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Only Few Nigerian Bloggers Are Making Money From Blogging / E-commerce Website Like & Konga.com Needed ASAP. / 5 Factors That Make Your Website Stand Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.