Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,230 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:18 PM

ASUU Strike: UNICAL Ask Lecturers To Resume & Supports FG - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: UNICAL Ask Lecturers To Resume & Supports FG (6044 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / We Are Not Resuming – AAUA Lecturers To Management / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Strike: UNICAL Ask Lecturers To Resume & Supports FG by Naofficial: 7:43am On Nov 30, 2013
According to the report reaching us, a Lecturer at the University of Calabar, ( Unical), Dr Edidiong Ebitu, has described the new demands made by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) as an act of sabotage of the Education Sector. Dr Edidiong made the declaration on Friday in an interview in Uyo. Dr Edidiong, who is a senior lecturer in the Department of Marketing in the University of Calabar, said he was in support of the Federal Government’s directive that lecturers should resume classes in one week time. “The various branches of ASUU had already voted to resume classes. The five months old strike has done enough damage to the system. “The president had made reasonable concessions, so ASUU should resume for other things to fall in place,” he said. The Unionist are not ready to call off the strike and the federal government are not ready to comply to their demands… When two elephants are fighting, it the grass that suffer. That is what is happening right now to the Nigeria Students. We are going to fold our hands and wait until 4th December, 2013 and see what the Federal Government will do if the Lecturers refuse to return to class. (Believe me, they will not do anything)

http://www.nigeriaschool.com.ng/2013/11/ASUU-strike-update-unical-calls-lecturers-to-resume-support-f-g.html
Re: ASUU Strike: UNICAL Ask Lecturers To Resume & Supports FG by quivah(f): 7:48am On Nov 30, 2013
Up next...

Unibadan!
Re: ASUU Strike: UNICAL Ask Lecturers To Resume & Supports FG by akpur1(m): 8:33am On Nov 30, 2013
aha atlast we haven't been in skool for six months and two week thank God
Re: ASUU Strike: UNICAL Ask Lecturers To Resume & Supports FG by Johnsonpac(m): 8:44am On Nov 30, 2013
Still counting..until Nasir Fagge will b the only striking lecture.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: UNICAL Ask Lecturers To Resume & Supports FG by njuwo(m): 9:36am On Nov 30, 2013
Good news, but actions speaks louder than words.
Re: ASUU Strike: UNICAL Ask Lecturers To Resume & Supports FG by gidRock: 2:28pm On Nov 30, 2013
I just hope its true
Re: ASUU Strike: UNICAL Ask Lecturers To Resume & Supports FG by emmanugo: 3:14pm On Nov 30, 2013
pls where was it stated dat Unical cals back der student...?
Re: ASUU Strike: UNICAL Ask Lecturers To Resume & Supports FG by onyibajoe(m): 3:34pm On Nov 30, 2013
Wrong caption @ OP. This thread isn't it. I was even expecting you mention the Unical VC or Registrar as saying something and not this man that I don't know if I have heard his name before.

Pls may this thread be closed.
Re: ASUU Strike: UNICAL Ask Lecturers To Resume & Supports FG by sanandreas(m): 3:42pm On Nov 30, 2013
ASUU news drives traffic more anything on NL. Haba stop spreading false news.
Re: ASUU Strike: UNICAL Ask Lecturers To Resume & Supports FG by akpur1(m): 6:43pm On Nov 30, 2013
!
sanandreas: ASUU news drives traffic more anything on NL. Haba stop spreading false news.
Shutup Dat ur stinking mouth and tell ur dad to do as well. Google it and you will see it with dat your OKPOLOR eye Ishie
Re: ASUU Strike: UNICAL Ask Lecturers To Resume & Supports FG by fr3do(m): 5:44am On Dec 01, 2013
akpur1: ! Shutup Dat ur stinking mouth and tell ur dad to do as well. Google it and you will see it with dat your OKPOLOR eye Ishie

A typical case of overreaction
Re: ASUU Strike: UNICAL Ask Lecturers To Resume & Supports FG by agrovick(m): 7:38am On Dec 01, 2013
Ifah hear, U and I knw u.i will not pull out until everything is over either legally or illegally
quivah: Up next...

Unibadan!
Re: ASUU Strike: UNICAL Ask Lecturers To Resume & Supports FG by emmanugo: 8:18am On Dec 01, 2013
no false alarm pls

(1) (Reply)

FG Signs Mou On Electrification Of Varsities, Teaching Hospitals / See How Crowded This Classroom Is (photo) / 2016/2017 All Scholarship Thread Links: Everything You Need To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.