Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

Why Do Girls Have To Cook? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Do Girls Have To Cook? (9836 Views)

10 Ways You Didn’t Know To Cook An Egg / The First Thing You Learned How To Cook And At What Age? / My Fiancee Doesn't Know How To Cook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by SvS(f): 12:38pm On Jun 16, 2006
I don't get this at all. I hate cooking and my mum always says that I have to learn how to cook because I'm african. As if I even want to get married!

She doesn't even tell my brother to cook. Is it a taboo for African guys to cook?

Girls do you find this with your mums as well?
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by mukina2: 12:43pm On Jun 16, 2006
Well I like cooking. Who says it's by force anyway?
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by SvS(f): 12:44pm On Jun 16, 2006
because you know the thing about cooking for your husband and all that crap. And am only 16.
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by kajad(m): 12:49pm On Jun 16, 2006
It may come handy in future; at least for you and your children
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by SvS(f): 12:51pm On Jun 16, 2006
I'm so not having children! Thats what I keep telling my mum.
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by mukina2: 12:54pm On Jun 16, 2006
woww i sometimes tell ma mum that i wont get married and she gets really mad grin grin grin grin grin grin b grin kids i love dem soo much kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss svs dont you know dat good cooking is also a path into a mans heartcuz some guys are greedy
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by SvS(f): 12:56pm On Jun 16, 2006
c i no this is weird,but i dont think am gonna get married either!i think its bondage
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by mukina2: 1:03pm On Jun 16, 2006
ah svs grin grin grin grin grin grin grin its not bondage its just thst some guys think they own us angry angry angry angry angryu angry' angryll angryd angryre the man to think that he owns me angry tongue tongue tongue :Pi tongue'll teach him a lesson, cuz marriage is all bout love,respect and understanding and not master n slave, those days are long gone
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by Badman888(m): 1:18pm On Jun 16, 2006
thats how it is, if u cant cook u re narrowing down ur chances of getting ur true love, its not just an African thing men still have other responsibilities
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by mukina2: 1:22pm On Jun 16, 2006
hmmmmmmm see svs i told you some guys are greedy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by michy(f): 1:24pm On Jun 16, 2006
its necessary that a woman should learn how to cook.its actually their duty in the home.i dont think its greediness mukina
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by nikitareal(f): 1:29pm On Jun 16, 2006
as far as u are an afican,u should learn how 2 cook.ve u ever wondered y some husbands have affairs outside the marital home cos the wife doesnt cook well,so he goes outside in search of someone who can cook wel.am sure u are goin 2 get married,its jst a matter of time,u r goin 2 change ur mind.learn how 2 cook.its necessary.
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by mukina2: 1:33pm On Jun 16, 2006
YEAH MITHCY ITS NOT GREEDINESS BUT MOST MEN LIKE EATING TOO MUCH angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by edatika(m): 1:42pm On Jun 16, 2006
Mukina,
well, that ur opinion, maybe u r fortunate or unfortunate enuf to meet only gluttons as frds

and Svs,
it's so unfortunate that u are already tinkin like this at ur age, maybe it's owing to ur environment, such tots maybe not help u,
u r african, mind u, u have a culture and tradition
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by kellygirl(f): 1:46pm On Jun 16, 2006
baby girl,u have to learn how to cookk,cos that's the way out of so many ways u can to ur husband's heart.and don't  tell me  when u get married u and ur husband,with the kids will be going to fast food joints all the time.ur husband will get tired of it  and u might as well lose ur marriage at the end. so be wise girl and listen to ur mum tongue tongue  kiss
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by mukina2: 1:49pm On Jun 16, 2006
well Edatika i was just making a point to svs that food is one of the paths to a man's heart, cuz an hungry man is an angry man,
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by Bibi(m): 1:56pm On Jun 16, 2006
Listen to your mum, cook and cook well. Its the beginning of wisdom.

As you are only sixteen, you will soon find out. Dont be in a hurry. Some wisdom come with age and hmmm experience. grin
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by Rhea(f): 1:59pm On Jun 16, 2006
Svs,

It's ok to feel the way you do. I would feel the same way if I am 16, and live next door to Barney. Also, you live in Ireland where they should be a fastfood joint or affordable restaurant at every nook and cranny.

At this age, marriage is a dream or better still a hallucination.

However,

If you ever forsee yourself coming to live in Nigeria, then learn to cook. It's for your own good. McDonalds, Starbucks & KFC are seen in magazines here. Ever gone on Mr Biggs for a month? Doesn't sound like fun, if you ask me. Do you know the best place to get a healthy dosage of typhiod,

Learn to cook. Same goes for all the ladies in the house. I'm glad I know how to. It has demystified the feminine domination of the kitchen in 'my world'.
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by LiquidMind(m): 2:00pm On Jun 16, 2006
I can cook and clean   cool

SVS you better learn to cook and clean just like me if you don't want to cry
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by SvS(f): 2:14pm On Jun 16, 2006
y do i ave to cry cry
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by SvS(f): 2:31pm On Jun 16, 2006
Rhea:

Svs,

It's ok to feel the way you do. I would feel the same way if I am 16, and live next door to Barney. Also, you live in Ireland where they should be a fastfood joint or affordable restaurant at every nook and cranny.

At this age, marriage is a dream or better still a hallucination.

However,

If you ever forsee yourself coming to live in Nigeria, then learn to cook. It's for your own good. McDonalds, Starbucks & KFC are seen in magazines here. Ever gone on Mr Biggs for a month? Doesn't sound like fun, if you ask me. Do you know the best place to get a healthy dosage of typhiod,

Learn to cook. Same goes for all the ladies in the house. I'm glad I know how to. It has demystified the feminine domination of the kitchen in 'my world'.

awwh i love barney, grin but anywayz,i just dont feel that women shud be stuck in the kitchen
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by SvS(f): 2:32pm On Jun 16, 2006
kellygirl:

baby girl,u have to learn how to cookk,because that's the way out of so many ways u can to your husband's heart.and don't  tell me  when u get married u and your husband,with the kids will be going to fast food joints all the time.your husband will get tired of it  and u might as well lose your marriage at the end. so be wise girl and listen to your mum tongue tongue  kiss
am not getting married,does anyone get thet
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by mukina2: 2:34pm On Jun 16, 2006
i get that wish you a happy spinsterhood grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by SvS(f): 2:39pm On Jun 16, 2006
thank you.thats the free life!hu cares about setling down wen u can be freeeeeeeeeeeee.that dosent mean i cant have sex tho grin
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by mukina2: 2:40pm On Jun 16, 2006
but sex with whom differnt guys or one guys lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by Rhodalyn(f): 2:42pm On Jun 16, 2006
I LoVE CoOkInG
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by cucchi(f): 2:42pm On Jun 16, 2006
i'm from scotland and my bf is nigerian he does all the cooking as i only cook "british" food but he has taught me to cook stew and pepper soup (wow its yummy) so i'm learning to cook and i'm 23 so still plenty of time to learn
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by SvS(f): 2:43pm On Jun 16, 2006
mukina2:

but sex with whom differnt guys or one guys lipsrsealed
no with one guy shocked
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by osteen(m): 3:22pm On Jun 16, 2006
Svs well its Ok if u decide nt 2 get married but it is essencial u know hw 2 cook. U can't eat juncks 4 d rest of ur life u know cool wink
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by otokx(m): 3:53pm On Jun 16, 2006
Girls don't have to cook, its very optional. Just find a man like me that does not like food. Its a free world sys, you must not get married but then there will be no license to having sex.
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by Garuba(m): 4:11pm On Jun 16, 2006
I like food, I like good food, I like good home cooked food, I like a woman that can cook good home cooked food, I like a woman that is creative with her good home cooked food, I can cook some good food, but I'm lazy and not creative, my specialty is making money to support the woman that can cook good food after she gets back from work (if she decides to work at all), tongue,

Ladies please learn to cook good food for your men. It will keep them at home in the sense that they will not be galivanting around town lookin for whose house to chop from today, it could be his friend's wife is the better cook and as a result u dont see ur own husband during the crucial time of the day, then argument starts when oga returns home.
Re: Why Do Girls Have To Cook? by iice(f): 4:59pm On Jun 16, 2006
svsI so know what you mean, I totally agree with ya cheesy wink grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Most Romantic African Food!! / Name The Most Common Food In Nigeria / Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.