Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

NASU Plans Solidarity Strike In Support Of ASUU. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NASU Plans Solidarity Strike In Support Of ASUU. (15851 Views)

Uniben Pulls Out Of ASUU Strike / Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 / Breaking News - ASUU-lasu May Pull Out Of ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NASU Plans Solidarity Strike In Support Of ASUU. by RICHIEBOI1(m): 10:32am On Dec 01, 2013
Non-academic employees in the universities are warming up for industrial action as a fall out of the resolution of the ASUU strike.

They took the decision during the delegates conference in Owerri under the banner of the Non Academic Staff Union ((NASU). The communique was signed by Deputy President/Chairman of the Universities Trade Group, Comrade Sunday Adeyemi and the Deputy General Secretary, Comrade F.J Ajayi.

http://www.ngscholars.com/2013/11/nasu-plans-solidarity-strike-support-ASUU/
Re: NASU Plans Solidarity Strike In Support Of ASUU. by Nobody: 10:38am On Dec 01, 2013
OK
Re: NASU Plans Solidarity Strike In Support Of ASUU. by RICHIEBOI1(m): 12:19pm On Dec 01, 2013
Another Wahala.
Re: NASU Plans Solidarity Strike In Support Of ASUU. by chaloner(m): 12:54pm On Dec 01, 2013
Re: NASU Plans Solidarity Strike In Support Of ASUU. by nuclearboy(m): 1:26pm On Dec 01, 2013
Government should quickly tuck tail between legs and do what they ought b4 this takes a dangerous turn!

This progression can stop the country on a dime if allowed to continue
Re: NASU Plans Solidarity Strike In Support Of ASUU. by kokoA(m): 1:51pm On Dec 01, 2013
FG had better be ready to sack the whole university staff.

3 Likes

Re: NASU Plans Solidarity Strike In Support Of ASUU. by djustice: 2:00pm On Dec 01, 2013
Clearly, these people do not value the money they're being paid for doing virtually nothing. I would sack the lot in a heartbeat. Too many qualified Nigerians looking for jobs for this politically motivated nonsense to be allowed to continue.

12 Likes

Re: NASU Plans Solidarity Strike In Support Of ASUU. by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 01, 2013
It suits the Nigerian students well! If these students could organise and protest against this politically motivated goof, like Unilag students did last year when the Alumnus was renamed, ASUU would come to it's senses and call of the Industrial action, But Alas, it seems the lazy students are enjoying the strike as well. The strike can continue till 2015 for all i care

12 Likes

Re: NASU Plans Solidarity Strike In Support Of ASUU. by Nobody: 2:53pm On Dec 01, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

dis drama sweet pas EPL aswear!!!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: NASU Plans Solidarity Strike In Support Of ASUU. by figment232(m): 3:13pm On Dec 01, 2013
Let them go on strike nah! No salary for them tru out d period of d strike
Re: NASU Plans Solidarity Strike In Support Of ASUU. by RICHIEBOI1(m): 12:08am On Dec 02, 2013
kokoA: FG had better be ready to sack the whole university staff.

Abi ooo! grin
Re: NASU Plans Solidarity Strike In Support Of ASUU. by Nobody: 6:55am On Dec 02, 2013
This is getting messier. poor students.
Re: NASU Plans Solidarity Strike In Support Of ASUU. by shidof(m): 7:50am On Dec 02, 2013
INNOisBACK: It suits the Nigerian students well! If these students could organise and protest against this politically motivated goof, like Unilag students did last year when the Alumnus was renamed, ASUU would come to it's senses and call of the Industrial action, But Alas, it seems the lazy students are enjoying the strike as well. The strike can continue till 2015 for all i care
I cn't blame u cos frm wat u said ua nt a student. why cn't u say d thruth @ least for once. Is d fg thruthful on this matter? Absolutely no

13 Likes

Re: NASU Plans Solidarity Strike In Support Of ASUU. by shidof(m): 7:54am On Dec 02, 2013
The drama is gettin more interesting, This is wat happened wen u've people dt cn't think out of box as leaders nd a tout as min of education. It's nt jst possible to sack all d ASUU members without a worst consequences..

11 Likes

Re: NASU Plans Solidarity Strike In Support Of ASUU. by ojofu(m): 8:17am On Dec 02, 2013
SSANU will join soon, then TUC and NLC. GEJ made a big mistake when he threatened the lecturers with sack letter and if ASUU decides to call off the strike because of this threat then I pity the student because the number of years they will spend in school will automatically increase. Let me represent it with a simple equation.
A+ B*C
Where A = Actual Number of Years they are supposed to Spend in school
B = Number of times ASUU will go on strike because of this same Issue, God bless una if any of them are sacked.
C = the duration of the strike

So if I were the students, I will pray the matter should be settled before they call off this strike because when I was in school, I lost one whole calendar year, stayed 6 month at Home, and missed NYSC mobilization because of ASUU strike. The reason for this strike was because of this same agreement and the lecturers that were sacked by ObJ at Unilorin. So those of you supporting FG, get ready for your Sabbatical Leave while you are still a Student.

11 Likes

Re: NASU Plans Solidarity Strike In Support Of ASUU. by Brimmie(m): 8:53am On Dec 02, 2013
ojofu: SSANU will join soon, then TUC and NLC. GEJ made a big mistake when he threatened the lecturers with sack letter and if ASUU decides to call off the strike because of this threat then I pity the student because the number of years they will spend in school will automatically increase. Let me represent it with a simple equation.
A+ B*C
Where A = Actual Number of Years they are supposed to Spend in school
B = Number of times ASUU will go on strike because of this same Issue, God bless una if any of them are sacked.
C = the duration of the strike

So if I were the students, I will pray the matter should be settled before they call off this strike because when I was in school, I lost one whole calendar year, stayed 6 month at Home, and missed NYSC mobilization because of ASUU strike. The reason for this strike was because of this same agreement and the lecturers that were sacked by ObJ at Unilorin. So those of you supporting FG, get ready for your Sabbatical Leave while you are still a Student.

Thank you!

Now Jonathan is trying to eat Wike's Vomit! Awon oniranu alainikanshe!

8 Likes

Re: NASU Plans Solidarity Strike In Support Of ASUU. by Wsdm: 9:34am On Dec 02, 2013
djustice: Clearly, these people do not value the money they're being paid for doing virtually nothing. I would sack the lot in a heartbeat. Too many qualified Nigerians looking for jobs for this politically motivated nonsense to be allowed to continue.
Clearly you have not passed through the wall of a university class room to say this. Or the school just passed through you. How will you manage a whole system by firing all the old staffs and hiring a new one? How?

5 Likes

Re: NASU Plans Solidarity Strike In Support Of ASUU. by Wsdm: 9:35am On Dec 02, 2013
INNOisBACK: It suits the Nigerian students well! If these students could organise and protest against this politically motivated goof, like Unilag students did last year when the Alumnus was renamed, ASUU would come to it's senses and call of the Industrial action, But Alas, it seems the lazy students are enjoying the strike as well. The strike can continue till 2015 for all i care
What is this?!
Re: NASU Plans Solidarity Strike In Support Of ASUU. by Wsdm: 9:39am On Dec 02, 2013
When this happens, The tout supervising the ministry of education will call his fellow touts to go and wash the student's toilets. Nonsense!
Re: NASU Plans Solidarity Strike In Support Of ASUU. by hijacke(m): 10:07am On Dec 02, 2013
gud
Re: NASU Plans Solidarity Strike In Support Of ASUU. by luvlyoracle(m): 10:10am On Dec 02, 2013
ASUU must go.

1 Like

Re: NASU Plans Solidarity Strike In Support Of ASUU. by Nobody: 10:10am On Dec 02, 2013
RASCALS angry
Re: NASU Plans Solidarity Strike In Support Of ASUU. by LMAyedun(m): 10:10am On Dec 02, 2013
Nigeria students don suffer oh!!! cry

See Drama ontop our heads.. We just dey, dey watch.

Poor Nigeria students.
Re: NASU Plans Solidarity Strike In Support Of ASUU. by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 02, 2013
hey! Where u dey go...?

1 Like

Re: NASU Plans Solidarity Strike In Support Of ASUU. by greatgod2012(f): 10:11am On Dec 02, 2013
The FG and ASUU better do something faster about this issue before TUC and NLC also join the strike.

5 Likes

Re: NASU Plans Solidarity Strike In Support Of ASUU. by Elijah348(m): 10:11am On Dec 02, 2013

Here's another yaba-left patient on the loose.....Btw sowie for the afore insult .

1 Like

Re: NASU Plans Solidarity Strike In Support Of ASUU. by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 02, 2013
Ghen ghen
Re: NASU Plans Solidarity Strike In Support Of ASUU. by jfkenny(m): 10:12am On Dec 02, 2013
abeg universities should ask unilorin the formula they are using. how can these half baked graduates called NASU be in existing
Re: NASU Plans Solidarity Strike In Support Of ASUU. by laivwire(m): 10:13am On Dec 02, 2013
jfkenny.:
abeg universities should ask unilorin the formula they are using. how can these half baked graduates called NASU be in existing
Absolutely dumb comment
djustice: Clearly, these people do not value the money they're being paid for doing virtually nothing. I would sack the lot in a heartbeat. Too many qualified Nigerians looking for jobs for this politically motivated nonsense to be allowed to continue.
What value is in paying for tfare and feeding daily only to get to work. And do nothing. That's even on an inconsistet salry paying routine + sacking everyone's just a joke, blame your presido
Re: NASU Plans Solidarity Strike In Support Of ASUU. by Fiilosofer(m): 10:14am On Dec 02, 2013
While the current indefinite strike action embarked upon by the Academic Staff Union of Universities(ASUU) has had no visible effect on the Rivers State University of Science and Technology (RSUST), as lecturers are busy teaching in all the lecture halls available in the institution, the strike has however crippled academic activities in nearby universities like the University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) and the newly established Rivers State University of Education (UOE).

The industrial action was embarked upon by the Academic Staff Union Universities (ASUU) last week to press for what they referred to as the non-implementation of their agreement reached with the federal government during their last prolonged strike action.

The RSUST where Bariname Bekee Fakae, the erudite researcher/professor, holds sway as two-term vice chancellor is calm. BusinessDay checks around universities in the Rivers State capital indicated that tests and serious teaching are going on in the RSUST.

At the Uniport, the lecture halls were empty while students have since either vacated or are loitering about, hoping to hear good news. This is the same situation at UOE.

RSUST had been in the news over incessant strike actions called by the local ASUU headed by Felix Igwe over appointment of the vice chancellor by the Visitor. The university authorities and the state government later lost patience and crushed the confrontation, employing about 100 fresh lecturers to replace recalcitrant ones. The rest rushed back to classes. Later, the lecturers created a slogan; “strike not an option.”

Now, lecturers in RSUST have disassociated themselves from the strike. According to one of them, “strikes are evil and destructive to the education system.”

Adolphus Ejetobi, a professor and financial management expert and lecturer in the University, told BusinessDay in an exclusive interview that they are not part of ASUU and will not join the strike action. He said, “RSUST is not part of ASUU. We are not on strike. We have already agreed that strike is no more an option in this University because we see strike as evil and destructive to the public university system. We believe in dialogue and more so, RSUST is one of the highest paid universities in Nigeria.”

Desmond Wosu, the public relations officer [PRO], said the academic staff of RSUST had no intention of embarking on any strike action. “The lecturers that we employed do not have any problem with the management of this university nor do they have with the Council. They are teaching,” he said.

The ASUU chapter in UNIPORT has joined the nationwide strike action. This was confirmed by Lawrence Chuku, a lecturer and former deputy chairman, ObioAkpor Local Government Council. He said that lectures had been put on hold as a result of the ongoing strike.

Besides, BusinessDay checks revealed that the ASUU members at the Ignatius Ajuru University of Education Port Harcourt have joined the strike action as directed by the national body. According to a lecturer who preferred to remain anonymous, lecturers in the institution had had downed tools

3 Likes

Re: NASU Plans Solidarity Strike In Support Of ASUU. by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 02, 2013
Wahala dey!!!!
Re: NASU Plans Solidarity Strike In Support Of ASUU. by greatgod2012(f): 10:15am On Dec 02, 2013
And may i even ask what the SANU is doing without both ASUU and the students in the school?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Survive In A Nigerian Campus In This Recession / List Of Top Universities That Accept 150 Jamb Cut-off Mark, Even You Never Choos / Strike: FG Meets ASUU Today, SSANU Friday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.