Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,914 members, 7,806,656 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:57 PM

Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec - Phones (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec (42631 Views)

Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices / Airtel BB Plans On Non BB Phones(updated) / Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kayswag100(m): 5:03pm On Dec 04, 2013
Gregdcutie: Guyz am confused much o cauz airtel is still running the android bis plan ads on radio..

Sir, that ad is for bbm bundle on android.

That is used for only pinging. and you must have the app on your phone first.
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Djponpin1(m): 5:10pm On Dec 04, 2013
Wow I try it and is going fine

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by DGwales(m): 5:24pm On Dec 04, 2013
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by lanrei(m): 5:26pm On Dec 04, 2013
una wey dey para dey blow grammar... kay dis, airtel that una need am Sha at least na one place person go channel him frustrations..and one cant think of a better place than nairaland... i don kuku read am for one person signature say 'nairaland naa toilet built by seun where you go come shait...lol that guy no craze im surely sabi Wetn him dey yarn.. anyway thanks to airtel for the affordable browsing opportunity that lasted for a while...well it still going from this end Sha... thanks anyway
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kdf3449(m): 5:50pm On Dec 04, 2013
Kay i have done the 4500 sub and its running well but i didn't deactivate the daily plan that i did before to test it. Will it be deducting my credit base on the daily plan or i need to deactivate it? How do i go about it?
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by jdilight(m): 6:01pm On Dec 04, 2013
zube01: guys be patient! when bb came in newly they suffered too...now its our turn to suffer...New plan will surely come out for us android users...its just a matter of time.....patience! !!

d first network to do this wins all.
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Chrisx1x(m): 6:11pm On Dec 04, 2013
My mb is stil working!i subscribed yesterday,airtel na mumu o
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kayswag100(m): 6:24pm On Dec 04, 2013
kdf3449: Kay i have done the 4500 sub and its running well but i didn't deactivate the daily plan that i did before to test it. Will it be deducting my credit base on the daily plan or i need to deactivate it? How do i go about it?

certainly not sir.

Your airtime won't be touched. .
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by AdeniyiA(m): 6:28pm On Dec 04, 2013
Chrisx1x: My mb is stil working!i subscribed yesterday,airtel na mum u o
I pity u undecided
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by luvola(m): 6:36pm On Dec 04, 2013
I am suspecting airtel is taking surveillance on what you guys are ranting here.. I am predicting a second pre- emptive strike from airtel . The pre-emptive strike will be in form of wiping off the data bundle of those that activated their bb package on dec 3 till date.. As a strategist , i will keep watching till in the next 2weeks to take the next step on the network i will use to surf. Guys expect another pre -emptive strike.

2 Likes

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by ineriteitee: 6:40pm On Dec 04, 2013
I Jst subscribed and its working
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Rexyl(m): 8:33pm On Dec 04, 2013
Airtel should have made herself different from other networks. Many have recently ported to them for certain benefits that are lacking in others. They should have continue and see how power and influence of customers could make them gain the ground.
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by shady16: 11:28pm On Dec 04, 2013
luvola: I am suspecting airtel is taking surveillance on what you guys are ranting here.. I am predicting a second pre- emptive strike from airtel . The pre-emptive strike will be in form of wiping off the data bundle of those that activated their bb package on dec 3 till date.. As a strategist , i will keep watching till in the next 2weeks to take the next step on the network i will use to surf. Guys expect another pre -emptive strike.

Luvola mehn grin
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by oc2fish: 12:03am On Dec 05, 2013
LeJeun3: Report: Kayswag spoke lotta guys have been insulting and ranting..........

Pls follow this simple guide to keep enjoying Airtel BB plans on the network: Recharge ur SIM with N100.......... do a daily sub *440*17#, once it is successful dial *123*123# to confirm which account it will go to.

Pls pay attention now:
When you do the sub if it goes to Account 9 you have lost the ability to subscribe and use BB plans.
However, if it goes to Account 10 congratulations you still can enjoy the BB plans till the alien take over is complete.

Next: Send 'DEACTIVATE' in an sms to 440 to deactivate the daily plan then u can subscribe to the desired plan you want.

2GB N1500 *440*16# BBUM 1Month
6GB N3000 *440*016# BBUM3 3Months

Note: I have tried and tested this, i subscribed on my modem this night
PS: older lines will enjoy more of this privilege and as long as your Data is still in account 10 nothing will touch it.
THANKS

1 Like

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by oc2fish: 12:06am On Dec 05, 2013
kenyarttar:

Thanks to kayswag100's insider info i actually recharged before the 3rd so presently enjoying my 6gb for 3k.
Just tried your advice as stated above and it went to account 10. But the actual code i used is *440*21# (BB complete Daily) and it gave me 10mb for 24 hours, cost being only N70.
Will be topping up 3k this morning to get another 6gb giving me 12gb to rock until march 2014.
Many thanks!!!

THANKS
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by oc2fish: 12:19am On Dec 05, 2013
kenyarttar:

1) first of all dial *440*21# (BB complete Daily). gives you 10mb for 24 hours, costing N70. If it increases balance on your A10 account than proceed to 2

2) Dial *440*016# (BB Unlimited 2+1), gives you 6gb for N3k lasting 90 days

3) additionally you may choose to top up again with *440*16#(BB Unlimited) gives you 2gb for N1,500 lasting 30 days

4) so you now have 8gb to flex for the next 90 days costing you N4.5k useable any time of the day.

Note that it's all a risk sha as per Airtel brain fit spark along the line but kayswag100 has assured us we're safe so that's a small consolation.

Please and please first try "1" above, and if outcome is negative (your A10 balance doesn't increase but instead goes to A9) if means Airtel has already blocked your line from using BIS on non-BB devices.

THANKS
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Raypawer(m): 12:32am On Dec 05, 2013
smart
but as we d Wait d airtel own still d work and na him i d use comment so!
jdilight:

d first network to do this wins all.
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by oc2fish: 1:05am On Dec 05, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]
benzion72: Why all these fuss on somebody who took his time to explain how thing work. Me think people should consider the pros and cons of the device they are buying into.

This is part of Nigeria problem, why will you want to subvert network policy by using plan meant for blackberry on android. That is part of the corruption that is bedeviling our national life and you are still claiming right on such subversion and perversion behavior.

My simple advise is that if you cannot afford data consumption of your device, then you are not qualify to use such device.

My candid advise is that people should cut the coat according to the cloth and not their size. There are some of us who still use BB 8520 with
N1k subscription per month.

What are most people doing on Android phone is rubbish and a waste of a lot of man hour on games. When I descovered that my Nokia N900 was gulping data like a leviathan I have to archive it. If many of you quanitify the money you are using in a year to feed frivolity by now you will have gotten a house of your own.

A word is enough for the wise

benzion72: Why all these fuss on somebody who took his time to explain how thing work. Me think people should consider the pros and cons of the device they are buying into.

This is part of Nigeria problem, why will you want to subvert network policy by using plan meant for blackberry on android. That is part of the corruption that is bedeviling our national life and you are still claiming right on such subversion and perversion behavior.

My simple advise is that if you cannot afford data consumption of your device, then you are not qualify to use such device.

My candid advise is that people should cut the coat according to the cloth and not their size. There are some of us who still use BB 8520 with

What are most people doing on Android phone is rubbish and a waste of a lot of man hour on games. When I descovered that my Nokia N900 was gulping data like a leviathan I have to archive it. If many of you quanitify the money you are using in a year to feed frivolity by now you will have gotten a house of your own.

some of us carry out research with PC. so we need the bandwit to down load pdf files and procedures.
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by babniyen(m): 5:54am On Dec 05, 2013
For u all talking about cheap internet for ghana britain even seychells, am part of the coys managing d 8000 + nd growing generators. ABEG I DEY FIND 1 MILLION LTRS OF DIESEL against Xmas. Pls assist. My other guys r also on d road looking for same. I must hammer dis xmas. HELP!!!!.
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by babniyen(m): 7:12am On Dec 05, 2013
Then u buy d bandwidth that is appropriate for u nah.
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by shady16: 7:38am On Dec 05, 2013
Where's Kayswag100 o?

Kay, my BBM ain't workin anymore but every other app is still workin with the BIS. Could it mean that I have to subscribe to that new plan which is 300 bucks monthly before it'd work again?
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by smile4des: 9:50am On Dec 05, 2013
some people don't seems to understand that all network are making it up through data plan. when gsm providers came to Nigeria a min was N50. but with the rate of people going for browsing phones they now seems to reduce calling rate and increase their charging rate on data just to measure up. they now charge 5k per kilobytes. if you try to browse with your credit is N51.20k for one mb going by their 5k per kilobytes higher than a min charged for a call when they first came. there comes bb which is 3k for monthly subscription as at then. now comes iPhone Android etc they are now reducing their bb charges and increasing the smart phone data plan charges. all network bb subscription are from N1000 to N2000 to give out from 1gb to 3gb. eg glo has a complete bb plan for N1000 for 3gb but for their smart phone plan N1000 for 260 mb. they now knew people are heading for smart phones iPhone Android. they now seems to reduce bb charges when they knew eg glo bb of N1000 for 3gb many bb users can't finish it in 30 days with only pinging whatsapp 2go etc and can't share hotspot. in terms of downloading in bb some of will be hanging if you try to download some things. most bb is just meant for pinging if don't want have problem with your bb phone. personal l can't go for smart phone subscription of N1000 for 200 mb when with bb subscription I can get one to three gb. that's why Nigerians looking for cheats to browse free on their phones and for a way to browse with bb subscriptions on smart phones they started with MTN bb MTN blocked it. they switch to airtel bb now airtel are there blablablabla 3 DEC etc. my guys are saying if they try to find a way to use airtel bb on smart phone and there is no break through they would switch to etisalat bb subscription on smart phones eg Android etc.

1 Like

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Nobody: 10:21am On Dec 05, 2013
Why does this kayswag guy like insulting people?

1 Like

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Jeff148(m): 12:35pm On Dec 05, 2013
Guys listen, as long as u have some mb in ur A10, u gat no problem. Make sure u dnt finish it or allow it to expire,just kip on subscribing dey can never move ur A10 to A9.... Njoy frnz grin Best CC in town
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kingdamix(m): 12:44pm On Dec 05, 2013
You people shouldn't be attacking each other on this kinda issue. Is it still working on non bb user? I used to subscribe to the 1 for 1 unlimited which used to to gave me 4gb for 1500
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by davetwitzy: 7:22pm On Dec 05, 2013
ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU PEOPLE SHOULD REALLY BE GRATEFUL THAT AIRTEL ALLOWED THIS SERVICE FOR THIS LONG, AND YOU WERE ALL FLEXING IT, ENJOYING IT. DID OUR FELLOW GLO AND ETISALAT DO ANYTHING LIKE THAT?(I DIDN'T ADD MTN CUZ WE ALL KNOW THEY HAVE THE HIGHEST 'BROWSING CHEAT' RECORD.) IMMEDIATELY I RECEIVED THE TEXT I CAME TO CHECK NAIRALAND CUZ I KNEW UNGRATEFUL NAIRALANDERS WOULD HAVE STARTED THEIR THING. AIRTELS SERVICE BECAME BAD BECAUSE OF THE MANY PEOPLE THAT WERE ON THEIR NETWORK. PEOPLE THAT HAVE BEEN USING AIRTEL FOR A LONG TIME CAN TELL YOU THAT.
SINCERELY SPEAKING, THE ONLY MISTAKE AIRTEL MADE WAS TO ANNOUNCE THAT THEY WERE ENDING IT. THEY EVEN ANNOUNCED IT BECAUSE THEY FELT THEIR CUSTOMERS SHOULD KNOW(A PLUS). AND STILL SEE HOW MUCH INSULTS THEY ARE RECEIVING. MR KAYODE...HOW YOUR FISHERIES BUSINESS DEY GO NA? grin
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by shady16: 8:09pm On Dec 05, 2013
davetwitzy: ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU PEOPLE SHOULD REALLY BE GRATEFUL THAT AIRTEL ALLOWED THIS SERVICE FOR THIS LONG, AND YOU WERE ALL FLEXING IT, ENJOYING IT. DID OUR FELLOW GLO AND ETISALAT DO ANYTHING LIKE THAT?(I DIDN'T ADD MTN CUZ WE ALL KNOW THEY HAVE THE HIGHEST 'BROWSING CHEAT' RECORD.) IMMEDIATELY I RECEIVED THE TEXT I CAME TO CHECK NAIRALAND CUZ I KNEW UNGRATEFUL NAIRALANDERS WOULD HAVE STARTED THEIR THING. AIRTELS SERVICE BECAME BAD BECAUSE OF THE MANY PEOPLE THAT WERE ON THEIR NETWORK. PEOPLE THAT HAVE BEEN USING AIRTEL FOR A LONG TIME CAN TELL YOU THAT.
SINCERELY SPEAKING, THE ONLY MISTAKE AIRTEL MADE WAS TO ANNOUNCE THAT THEY WERE ENDING IT. THEY EVEN ANNOUNCED IT BECAUSE THEY FELT THEIR CUSTOMERS SHOULD KNOW(A PLUS). AND STILL SEE HOW MUCH INSULTS THEY ARE RECEIVING. MR KAYODE...HOW YOUR FISHERIES BUSINESS DEY GO NA? grin

Yeah, you just spoke my mind. Airtel did great! smiley
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kingdamix(m): 8:37pm On Dec 05, 2013
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by shady16: 9:39pm On Dec 05, 2013
shady16: Where's Kayswag100 o?

Kay, my BBM ain't workin anymore but every other app is still workin with the BIS. Could it mean that I have to subscribe to that new plan which is 300 bucks monthly before it'd work again?

Disregard this. My thang is workin.

1 Like

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Vires: 9:59am On Dec 06, 2013
kingdamix: You people shouldn't be attacking each other on this kinda issue. Is it still working on non bb user? I used to subscribe to the 1 for 1 unlimited which used to to gave me 4gb for 1500

Yep, go ahead it is still working, I use the same plan
Just make sure you don't let your data finish b4 you re-subscribe

Jeff_147: Guys listen, as long as u have some mb in ur A10, u gat no problem. Make sure u dnt finish it or allow it to expire,just kip on subscribing dey can never move ur A10 to A9.... Njoy frnz grin Best CC in town
kingdamix: You people shouldn't be attacking each other on this kinda issue. Is it still working on non bb user? I used to subscribe to the 1 for 1 unlimited which used to to gave me 4gb for 1500

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by babsalux09(m): 10:26am On Dec 06, 2013
Vires:

thats d way it keeps workin,dont let ur data finish before subscribin another.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

New Data Charges: 10 Things I Will Start Doing / Bluesky: Jack Dorsey Launches Twitter Alternative / Look At The Upcoming Infinix Note 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.