Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,949 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother (41965 Views)

The Sound Word About Women Wearing Trousers / Does God Really Frown Against Ladies Wearing Trousers? I Need Your Opinion / Born Again Christian Women Wearing Make-up, Is It Biblical? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by haibe(m): 7:47am On Dec 02, 2013
A Conversation With A Brother In Church As Regards Females Wearing Trousers

***So it was a lovely day after we had a special programme in church and so i was about leaving for home when a brother in church called me to greet me and just speak some words to me as regards the Christian faith.

Things were going fine until a female friend of mine passed by who of course I know is a devoted Christian. She greeted me while passing by, she was putting on trousers and shirts, dressed corporately as though she was coming from an interview, her dressing was decent also.

And so this brother switched our discussion to that of the lady that just passed by, it became disgusting to me because I smell he lacked secular and scriptural knowledge as regards the issue of trousers, also the discussion we were having before made more sense than this, and so I decided to reply him as regards the issue too so he may stop his criticisms against the lady.***

Our conversation went thus:

Brother: You see what this world is turning to, ladies now wearing trousers even after the bible says a woman should not wear that which pertains to a man.

Me: Hmmm

Brother: They are heading to hell if they do not repent from wearing trousers because satan has started using his demons to make trousers for women so they will all end up in hell.

Me: *chuckles*

Brother: So many christian ladies will go to hell because of just this trouser they are wearing, little things like this will take them all to hell because they can't make heaven putting on trousers.

Me: Really?

Brother: Yes now, its the fact.

Me: So they not putting on trousers is God's standard of them making heaven?

Brother: Not really but...

Me: So what is God's standard of us making heaven?

Brother: We must be born again and live a holy life

Me: So if this lady is born again, would she still go to hell for putting on trousers?

.............to be continued................

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by haibe(m): 8:00am On Dec 02, 2013
Brother: I don't know but the bible clearly says a woman should not wear a man's cloth.

Me: How do we know a man's cloth and a woman's cloth, did the bible tell us how to differentiate them?

Brother: No but trousers were made for men only

Me: by who?

Brother: I don't know the person now, how do you expect me to know

Me: So how are you sure the person made it for men only since you don't even know him?

Brother: I know because men are the ones that wear trousers, women started wearing trousers later.

Me: So how does that mean they were made for men only?

Brother: because they are men wears now

Me: Who termed trousers "men wears"?

Brother: The first person that made it for men

Me: What if the person decides to make another type of trouser and term it "women wears"??

Brother: I don't know about that oo

......to be continued. ......

14 Likes

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by haibe(m): 8:11am On Dec 02, 2013
Me: If the person made a trouser for men and a trouser for women, how then does that mean the lady is putting on a man's cloth?

Brother: bro you should know more than this now, trousers are made for men first and so it is men's clothing.

Me: Did you noticed any other sinful thing on that lady??

Brother: No, just the trousers

Me: Really?

Brother: yes

Me: What about her shirts?

Brother: Her shirts are okay now

Me: I know they are okay but how come you didn't notice anything sinful there

Brother: There is nothing sinful there

Me: So you mean shirts are for women?

Brother: hmmm, they are for men and women now.

Me: Who started wearing shirts first?

Brother: I think men..

Me: So how come its not sinful to you for women to wear shirts??

....to be continued. ...........

23 Likes

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by haibe(m): 9:02am On Dec 02, 2013
Brother: At least its not tight like the ones other girls wear

Me: Was her trousers tight

Brother: No

Me: So how come the trouser is sinful to you and the shirt is not

Brother: *a bit of silence*

*A girl and a boy walked out from the church, both putting on the polo t-shirt designed for the programme*

Me: So which of these two are committing sin for putting on this polo shirt?

Brother: None

Me: How come?? Whose dress is this polo shirt, for men or women??

Brother: I think both...

Me: Really? If polo t-shirts can be for both men and women, why can't trousers be for men and women??

Brother: *laughs*

Me: At least the trousers for men are different from that of women, so why do you see it as a sin even though you don't see anything wrong with the polo shirt this boy and girl are putting on??

Me: Or does God allow women to wear some men's cloth and not others??

Brother: No

Me: So why is it a sin for a woman to wear trousers but not shirts?

Me: look at those youth corpers (lady and a man) behind us, they are both putting on the same thing head to toe including their face cap and shoes, which of them is commiting sin?

Brother: I Don't know oo..

Me: or maybe christians shouldn't be serving then..

Brother: Why not..

Me: Do you still think that lady(my friend) will still go to hell because of those trousers she was putting on?

Brother: I don't think so

Me: Right, The attributes of a christian lady's dressing should be moderacy, decency and modesty. If she is born again, she has no problem as regards making heaven, leave her dressing for the holy spirit to handle, what matters is for her to be saved. We shouldn't just look at the outward dressing of a person to conclude their spiritual state, decency is enough for a lady's dressing to be.

Brother: You are right bro..

Me: you are welcome bro, see you later.

...............Ends...........

82 Likes

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by vickyO(f): 9:18am On Dec 02, 2013
I love how you handled the discussion. God bless you.

8 Likes

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by haibe(m): 9:22am On Dec 02, 2013
vickyO: I love how you handled the discussion. God bless you.

God bless you too sis..

1 Like

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by vickyO(f): 9:24am On Dec 02, 2013
haibe:

God bless you too sis..
Amen.

1 Like

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nomski0(f): 9:27am On Dec 02, 2013
I love this! Very mature arguement....and kinda funny. grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by vickyO(f): 9:27am On Dec 02, 2013
This truth you've spoken here is what most Christians need to hear so that we can move on to a higher level of spirituality instead of dwelling on what to do and what not to do. I'm following and patiently waiting for the opposers of this truth.

3 Likes

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by vickyO(f): 9:28am On Dec 02, 2013
Nomski0: I love this! Very mature arguement....and kinda funny. grin grin
Yeah it is. Anger or resentment was not shown. How I wish all Christians could converse like this.

2 Likes

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by PastorOluT(m): 9:36am On Dec 02, 2013
God bless u @ op for that eye opener for many, it is so appalling how many go about preaching ladies will go to Hell for wearing trousers n all.

I think this should make the frontpage for all to see!

2 Likes

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by haibe(m): 9:36am On Dec 02, 2013
vickyO:
Yeah it is. Anger or resentment was not shown. How I wish all Christians could converse like this.

Yes no bitterness of any sort, the brother is just one of those matured and loving christians I have met, I guess he is convinced now as regards this issue because he called me some days back saying I enlightened him as regards the trousers issue.

6 Likes

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by vickyO(f): 9:41am On Dec 02, 2013
haibe:

Yes no bitterness of any sort, the brother is just one of those matured and loving christians I have met, I guess he is convinced now as regards this issue because he called me some days back saying I enlightened him as regards the trousers issue.
That's just beautiful.

1 Like

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by haibe(m): 9:41am On Dec 02, 2013
Pastor Olu T: God bless u @ op for that eye opener for many, it is so appalling how many go about preaching ladies will go to Hell for wearing trousers n all.

God bless you too
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 02, 2013
Well said @ op. Wearing trouser is not a sin as far as it is decent buh when u want to use it to seduce men and flaunt "things", it becomes a sin. Thanks for the wisdom in ur words

4 Likes

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by vickyO(f): 9:51am On Dec 02, 2013
Pastor Olu T: God bless u @ op for that eye opener for many, it is so appalling how many go about preaching ladies will go to Hell for wearing trousers n all.

Very appalling.
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by missterious(f): 10:24am On Dec 02, 2013
Nice one. Now I have to figure out a way to tell my mum this. Lol

3 Likes

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by vickyO(f): 10:44am On Dec 02, 2013
miss.terious:
Nice one. Now I have to figure out a way to tell my mum this. Lol
smiley

1 Like

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Candour(m): 11:18am On Dec 02, 2013
@haibe

My bro, you're too much. The way you handled the discussion was just superb. Some years ago, i was exactly like that brother thinking i was serving God when it was all self righteousness.

I know God is liberating his children from the bondage of blind religion and traditions of men.

God bless you

4 Likes

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 11:44am On Dec 02, 2013
Nice post. I wish I could give it a hundred likes but Seun won't allow me.This should silence all those misogynist men out there wearing trousers isn't a sin.

5 Likes

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by vickyO(f): 11:48am On Dec 02, 2013
FOOL FINDER: Nice post. I wish I could give it a hundred likes but Seun won't allow me.This should silence all those misogynist men out there wearing trousers isn't a sin.
E.G. Highyo, Stluke92..... I'm waiting for them.

1 Like

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by haibe(m): 12:31pm On Dec 02, 2013
Candour: @haibe

My bro, you're too much. The way you handled the discussion was just superb. Some years ago, i was exactly like that brother thinking i was serving God when it was all self righteousness.

I know God is liberating his children from the bondage of blind religion and traditions of men.

God bless you

thanks bro, few years back I thought a lady putting on trousers was bound for hell even though she is born again but thank God for making things clear to me now, no such discrimination to ladies wearing trousers again.

God will surely liberate us.Amen.
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by anibi9674: 1:33pm On Dec 02, 2013
Broad way preachers. Looking 4 who 2 take 2 hell. Any man who listen or follow after dis broad way message is doomed 4 eternity unless he or she repents. All of u who said u were once against female wearing trousers bt nw hv discovered ur so called truth u jus allowed d devil 2 rob u of ur salvation. When d devil önce 2 appear as a xtian sis does he appear as a sis wearing trouser ?

23 Likes

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by vickyO(f): 1:34pm On Dec 02, 2013
anibi9674: Broad way preachers. Looking 4 who 2 take 2 hell. Any man who listen or follow after dis broad way message is doomed 4 eternity unless he or she repents. All of u who said u were once against female wearing trousers bt nw hv discovered ur so called truth u jus allowed d devil 2 rob u of ur salvation. When d devil önce 2 appear as a xtian sis does he appear as a sis wearing trouser ?
Here we go....
OP, where you dey?
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by haibe(m): 1:48pm On Dec 02, 2013
anibi9674: Broad way preachers. Looking 4 who 2 take 2 hell. Any man who listen or follow after dis broad way message is doomed 4 eternity unless he or she repents. All of u who said u were once against female wearing trousers bt nw hv discovered ur so called truth u jus allowed d devil 2 rob u of ur salvation. When d devil önce 2 appear as a xtian sis does he appear as a sis wearing trouser ?

It will be better if you lay down your points scripturally and logically and stop being emotional.

So bro, what makes ladies putting on trousers a sin? Thanks.

And which devil is appearing as a christian sis? lol..

5 Likes

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by vickyO(f): 2:22pm On Dec 02, 2013
They all have nothing to prove. When I held the same view with them, I realized I couldn't back up my doctrine with the Bible. I searched, I found, I accepted and I'm renewed.
Anibi9647, don't tell us about sis Ayo's testimony or sis Margaret, We want direct scriptures.
E.g If I say do not fornicate, I'll tell you to read I cor. 5:11

3 Likes

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by bizmahn: 2:23pm On Dec 02, 2013
Once a trouser is seductive & has the potentials of provoking sinful lust in gullible or even innocent men,God will not hold that lady guiltless whether we agree or not.And yes there is seductive ungodly & immoral trousers.

I've never for once seen any woman that understands God's sinless holiness & is zealous for sinless purity from God wearing trousers.Its called going the extra mile & its not for everyone.

9 Likes

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by vickyO(f): 2:25pm On Dec 02, 2013
bizmahn:
Thanks for pointing out this important fact.Once a trouser is seductive & has the potentials of provoking sinful lust in gullible or even innocent men,God will not hold that lady guiltless whether we agree or not.And yes there is seductive ungodly & immoral trousers.

I've never for once seen any woman that understands God's sinless holiness & is zealous for sinless purity from God wearing trousers.Its called going the extra mile & its not for everyone.
You're being stylishly bias. Take your stand.

2 Likes

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by haibe(m): 2:27pm On Dec 02, 2013
bizmahn:
Thanks for pointing out this important fact.Once a trouser is seductive & has the potentials of provoking sinful lust in gullible or even innocent men,God will not hold that lady guiltless whether we agree or not.And yes there is seductive ungodly & immoral trousers.

true there are seductive trousers which go against decency as pointed out in my post, this is not different from seductive skirts. . Modest apparel is the key, whether trousers or skirts.

I have seen a woman with such understanding wearing trousers, infact she was one of the people God used to get me converted.

So just like you, I can say:

.Once a skirt is seductive & has the
potentials of provoking sinful lust in
gullible or even innocent men,God will not
hold that lady guiltless whether we agree or
not.And yes there is seductive ungodly &
immoral skirts.

4 Likes

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by udopee(f): 2:32pm On Dec 02, 2013
Why are worldly women so crazy about trousers or pants and men are not crazy about putting on skirt and blouse That is a little question to ask yourself to show you that it is not ordinary....
Deuteronomy 22:5...

4 Likes

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by haibe(m): 2:37pm On Dec 02, 2013
udopee: Why are worldly women so crazy about trousers or pants and men are not crazy about putting on skirt and blouse That is a little question to ask yourself to show you that it is not ordinary....
Deuteronomy 22:5...

I don't know if or why worldly women are crazy about pants.

the focal point here is, ladies putting on decent trousers is not a sin.
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by udopee(f): 2:48pm On Dec 02, 2013
@ the op,as a man on trousers, when you want to urinate in an open place, you freely do that at ease without people around seeing ur body, it is not the same case with a woman wearing trousers. If accidentally she is on a far journey and along the line the vehicle stops for people to urinate, I tell you that you will see everything cus she have to pull down the trouser to her hipline before having free assess to ease herself. What else is she hiding again. It wouldn't be like that if she is wearing a well covering long skirt bcus all she need to do is to quietly bend down and off she goes. THIS IS SIMPLE REASONING TO SHOW YOU THAT NATURE DOES NOT SUPPORT WOMEN WEARING TROUSERS OR MEN WEARING SKIRT...SHALOM!

47 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

How Did Demons Come Into Existence? Who Created Them? / Christians Help Their Muslim Friends In Cutting Bushes At Eid Prayer Ground / Gbe Body Inside A White Garment Church (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.